PDA

View Full Version : What You Get When You Cross Emmit Smith and Terrell Davis

Black Bolt
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Give up? You get Marcus Lattimore. The guy is and old school, wear you out RB with incredible vision, durability and the ability to square up a defender and sidestep him while running foreward. Thoughts?

BRAVEHEART
09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Those guys were short in stature compared to him. He reminds me of a thick and more physical version of McFadden (without the top end speed).

Duffman57
09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Those guys were short in stature compared to him. He reminds me of a thick and more physical version of McFadden (without the top end speed).

Lol hes nothing like McFadden. To be honest he reminds me of Michael Bush before his broken leg. Hes that big physical back, but at the same time hes not purely a power back.

no bare feet
09-28-2011, 01:45 PM
How long does he last in the NFL with all the college carries?

keylime_5
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM
He does have a lot of Terrell Davis in him, maybe a little Steven Jackson. Big powerful runner who can get chunks of yards with his burst through the hole. Seems like the type who won't last as long in the NFL as some of the all time greats but will produce like crazy during his prime.

Black Bolt
09-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Lol hes nothing like McFadden. To be honest he reminds me of Michael Bush before his broken leg. Hes that big physical back, but at the same time hes not purely a power back.

What?? Bush is as bad a comparison as McFadden. Bush is 250 pounds. He's not getting through a lot of small gaps. Not trying to be funny, but what's wrong with the two comparison's I made? Not just directed at you, but eveyone.

Black Bolt
09-28-2011, 02:41 PM

He is bigger, but he possesses the same qualities in terms of skill and running style.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2011, 02:42 PM
If you cross Terrell Davis and Emmitt Smith, you get a lesser version of Terrell Davis that can stay healthy :D

Caulibflower
09-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Marcus Lattimore is like a bigger Darren Sproles.

FUNBUNCHER
09-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Too bad Lattimore has to stay in college one more full season. By the time he's draft eligible, he's going to have almost 1000 carries as a college RB.
That's doesn't bode well for Lattimore on the next level and may increase his odds IMO for being injured early in his pro career.

IMO select sophomores should be allowed to declare for the NFL without penalty.

Lattimore is ready for the NFL IMO right now.

DraftSavant
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Too bad Lattimore has to stay in college one more full season. By the time he's draft eligible, he's going to have almost 1000 carries as a college RB.
That's doesn't bode well for Lattimore on the next level and may increase his odds IMO for being injured early in his pro career.

See: Williams, Ricky and Benson, Cedric

TACKLE
09-28-2011, 03:51 PM
marcus lattimore reminds me A LOT of corey dillon.

Duffman57
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
What?? Bush is as bad a comparison as McFadden. Bush is 250 pounds. He's not getting through a lot of small gaps. Not trying to be funny, but what's wrong with the two comparison's I made? Not just directed at you, but eveyone.

See the part where I said " BEFORE THE BROKEN LEG" meaning when he was in college, when he was 230ish and when he had really incredible quickness for how big he was.

And I was just making a more modern comparison, since I wasn't old enough to be really watching those guys when they were running.

But now that im looking over more guys, does he remind anyone a bit of Larry Johnson?

keylime_5
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
marcus lattimore reminds me A LOT of corey dillon.

yeah, he definitely is that type of player.

jrdrylie
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM

Question: who decides which sophomores are considered "select sophomores" and thus allowed to enter the draft? Let's say you allow Marcus Lattimore and Michael Dyer enter the 2012 draft. What about guys like Tyler Bray or Tyler Bray?

I hate to say this, but the best thing that could happen to Lattimore (in terms of his pro career) is to suffer an broken arm in the first game of 2012. That will greatly reduce his carries without putting his pro career in jeopardy like a knee injury would.

holt_bruce81
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
To me Marcus Lattimore is Ronnie Brown.

Ozzy
09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
TACKLE marcus lattimore reminds me A LOT of corey dillon.That is a really good comparison! Dillion was a monster, tough to bring down, not super fast but hard to tackle and gave consistent effort game in and game out.

Good one.

BigBanger
09-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Let's say you allow Marcus Lattimore and Michael Dyer enter the 2012 draft. What about guys like Tyler Bray or Tyler Bray?
Trick question.

metafour
09-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Stephen Davis. Both even from South Carolina.

Scott Wright
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
The Emmitt Smith comparison has definitely crossed my mind when watching Lattimore.

yo123
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
So many horrible comparisons in this thread. I can see Dillon and Ronnie Brown.

TitanHope
10-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Trick question.

Not when you take into consideration that Professor Brayton is omniscient.

LonghornsLegend
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't remember seeing anyone talking about Ray Rice lasting 2-3 years in the NFL. He had over 900 carries at Rutgers and nearly 400 in one season. Let's stop acting like these guys are made of yarn and string.

It might have an impact when he's 29, but it won't have any affect on how his career gets started. Especially since he will more then likely split carries at the pro level to at least some extent.

I don't think wear and tear right now even matters, unless a guy is toting it 30 times as a pro week in and out.

FUNBUNCHER
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Ray Rice hardly ever got touched in the Big East, but yeah he did have a ton of carries at Rutgers, more than 25 touches a game.

Lattimore is getting rocked every Saturday by some of the biggest, fastest defenses in the country littered with future NFL starters.
Not making excuses, it's the nature of the position to get hit every time a RB touches the football, but I do wonder how Lattimore is going to hold up this season.

LonghornsLegend
10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Ray Rice hardly ever got touched in the Big East, but yeah he did have a ton of carries at Rutgers, more than 25 touches a game.

Lattimore is getting rocked every Saturday by some of the biggest, fastest defenses in the country littered with future NFL starters.
Not making excuses, it's the nature of the position to get hit every time a RB touches the football, but I do wonder how Lattimore is going to hold up this season.

Yea, but isn't he at least 230lbs though? It's not like he's a tiny little speed back. He's not even close to the only RB who has came from the SEC with a high amount of carries, I've yet to see many situations where a guy breaks down from his college workload.