PDA

View Full Version : Underclassmen Tight Ends (Rank 'Em)

JHL6719
09-28-2011, 09:19 PM
How would you rank this list of underclassmen tight ends as pro prospects:

Dwayne Allen / Clemson

Ryan Griffin / UCONN

Tyler Eifert / Notre Dame

Joseph Fauria / UCLA

Michael Williams / Alabama

Orson Charles / Georgia

Jake Stoneburner / Ohio St.

Kyler Reed / Nebraska

CashmoneyDrew
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Meh. I don't really see a TE in college that stands out to me right now. But I'm behind the 8-ball with my TE knowledge at this point.

Hurricanes25
09-28-2011, 09:26 PM
I haven't seen all of the play yet so I won't rank them. But I will say that Dwayne Allen is a first round pick when he comes out.

Ozzy
09-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Great topic, and good eye, there are tons of outstanding tight ends in college this year, a underclassman will be the first tight end taken in the 2012 draft, that is almost a given I feel.

Dwayne Allen Clemson
Tyler Eifert Notre Dame
Orson Charles Georgia
Michael Williams Alabama
Jake Stoneburner Ohio State
Levine Toilolo Stanford
Kyler Reed Nebraska
Ben Cotton Nebraska
Kendrick Moeai Utah
Colter Phillips Virginia
Philip Lutzenkirchen Auburn
Matt Furstenburg Maryland

Quite a junior class of tight ends. Dwayne Allen is an athletic freak, absolute stud tight end, and Tyler Eifert has some of the best hands I have ever seen for a tight end. Then you have Michael Williams, a massive man and dominating blocker. The SOPH and FR class have solid tight ends but they are still raw at the moment I feel.

This is how I would rank them though, have caught Joseph Fauria play yet.

Big Bird
09-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Dwayne Allen, Tyler Eifert, Orson Charles, and Joseph Fauria have all impressed me a lot so far. Fauria has late 1st potential, and the rest are 2nd Rounders at this points for me.

Ozzy
09-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Big Bird Dwayne Allen, Tyler Eifert, Orson Charles, and Joseph Fauria have all impressed me a lot so far. Fauria has late 1st potential, and the rest are 2nd Rounders at this points for me.How is Dwayne Allen not ahead of Fauria in your mind? I have not seen Fauria mind you, but Allen, I am wildly impressed with his athletic ability, and this year he is really breaking out unlike he did the past two seasons. Making amazing athletic catches in the end zone, becoming a true threat in the passing game and showing off his flat out elite athletic ability.

How could Fauria top that? Sure on paper height is impressive but same could be said for Levine Toilolo on Stanford. I have seen him, huge kid, and runs well down field. But all of those guys I doubt have the athletic ability Allen has.

JHL6719
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I completely agree about Dwayne Allen. He's the guy that really sticks out to me. Not only for all the things that have been mentioned here, but also his blocking. He's becoming a complete player and a dynamic weapon.

Fauria to me is a more raw, less athletic version of Josh Chichester, with the potential to be close to that kind of player next year as a Senior if he keeps developing.

Leon Sandcastle
10-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Why does Dwayne Allen remind me of Brandon Pettigrew? And forget underclassmen what's good with Ladarius Green? This year's Julius Thomas.

teb
10-18-2011, 05:01 AM
I like this team, and I always support it.
Cleveland Browns Jerseys (http://www.diyjerseys.com/cleveland-browns-c-2_11.html)