Clay Matthews, LB, Quadriceps, Did Not Participate, Probable

Mike Neal, DE, Knee, Out

Ryan Pickett, DE, Foot, Full Participation, Probable

Vic So’oto, LB, Back, Full Participation, Probable

Tramon Williams, CB, Shoulder, Limited Participation, Probable

Charles Woodson, CB, Foot/Knee, Limited Participation

Frank Zombo, LB, Shoulder, Out

McCarthy:

* Ryan Grant, as far as the testing, the staff does not feel he’s ready to go. He has not been released by the medical staff. Same thing for Bulaga.

* Primary rotation in the backfield will be Starks and John Kuhn.

* Zombo’s getting better but wouldn’t say what his latest X-ray showed.

* Outside linebacker: I think we’ll be fine. Brad Jones has to ahve a big 51 hours between now and the game. Clay won’t be an issue. Lattimore’s shoulder is an issue.

* Sherrod would play LT if something happened to Clifton.

tjsunstein
09-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I'm not against holding Grant out this week even though he showed he's still got it. Starks and Kuhn manage to pick up yards when we need it.

I want to see So'oto in action.

BloodBrother
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
great start

and I hate to say it, but I think we just saw the last of Driver in a Packers uni. That doesn't look good. He got hurt without any contact and couldn't put any pressure on his leg

I think he's done for the year and probably done as a Packer

the bright side is his loss doesn't hurt the offense much. Cobb will get more plays and he's already a better option

BloodBrother
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
D continues to give up too many explosive plays

BloodBrother
10-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Wow, Driver has returned to the game

I should have never doubted him. Dude is a machine

BloodBrother
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
When the offense gets going they are untouchable. Much better in the 2nd half

the D really needs to find a way to get more consistent pressure. The secondary is fine...they just aren't getting to QB's and they have ALL DAY to throw. This is my biggest concern moving forward. They need to fix this and all is well

also, great to see DD come back and get a TD. Dude's awesome

cvv84
10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Just got back from the game, a few thoughts:

Rodgers is f*cking awesome

Starks should be our #1 RB

Cobb is electric, Jennings is consistant

Burnett needs to become more consistant, got blown by on the flea flicker and got turned around on another TD

I hope Clay can get going here because our pass defense needs help ASAP. He goes hard but it just isn't enough. Either need to cover better or get him help on the other side.

Shields had a beauty of a INT

tjsunstein
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
We need more pressure from the front 7. A lot more.

J-Mike88
10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
great start

and I hate to say it, but I think we just saw the last of Driver in a Packers uni. That doesn't look good. He got hurt without any contact and couldn't put any pressure on his leg

I think he's done for the year and probably done as a Packer

the bright side is his loss doesn't hurt the offense much. Cobb will get more plays and he's already a better option
That's what I thought too, and I was so sad about that the moment I saw him down when the rest of the Packers, Rodgers included, were celebrating the TD.

I was also pissed off the guy nailed Rodgers 2 yards into the end zone and didn't get a flag. That was the guy that hit Driver then falling down.

Anyway, by Driver's reaction (he's usually tough as hell), I assumed he was done too and I was crushed. Seeing him come out after halftime lifted my spirits.

CVV, you guys should have started the stadium DONALD DONALD DONALD chant.....
We need more pressure from the front 7. A lot more.
Absolutely.

But I froze some replays today and took photos of the screen on regular passing plays that Matthews got hog-tied held and there were no flags, and of course the CBS guys didn't mention it.

Atlanta got lucky to hang on at Seattle today.

Remember the playoff game vs them was a shootout until Tramon came up with 2 huge plays. Our pass defense is way worse now, so don't expect another blowout this time.

BloodBrother
10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Driver was hobbling after the game and is still going to get an MRI to see if he has ligament damage. There still might be something there

hopefully that isn't the case, BUT...in any case, the Packers really need to design more plays to Cobb going forward. He is too electric to only see such few targets. Flynn threw a bad pass late on what should have been another big reception for him

jackalope
10-02-2011, 10:13 PM
This offense is a thing of beauty. Some of Rodgers' throws today (the Jones TD especially) make it awfully hard to not call him the best QB in the league. If we can win in the Georgia Dome next week, we're likely looking at 7-0 going into our bye.

cvv84
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Anyway, by Driver's reaction (he's usually tough as hell), I assumed he was done too and I was crushed. Seeing him come out after halftime lifted my spirits.

CVV, you guys should have started the stadium DONALD DONALD DONALD chant.....

I thought Driver was done when they carted him off, but after halftime when he was the last one out of the tunnel and came sprinting to the sidelines the crowd errupted.

We tried to start some Tebow chants though...

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 08:41 AM
This offense is a thing of beauty. Some of Rodgers' throws today (the Jones TD especially) make it awfully hard to not call him the best QB in the league. If we can win in the Georgia Dome next week, we're likely looking at 7-0 going into our bye.
And going into San Diego, where I will be at that game!
Please let us be 7-0..... and someone hang on and hand the Lions some losses!

On a different note, at PackerForum, there have been a week's worth of discussions about Matthews not sacking QBs this year. Some good points made on all sides there, but I saw some photos of how Clay is typically blocked about many times a game with no flags.
These are holding if it was Tauscher on Peppers or Clifton against Jared Allen.
Why is Clay not getting the call? When they let them block him like this, it's hard to get sacks of course.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx231/littleelmsports12/sigs%20and%20avatars/Oct2011015.jpg
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx231/littleelmsports12/sigs%20and%20avatars/Oct2011014.jpg

TimmG6376
10-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Just got back from the game, a few thoughts:

Rodgers is f*cking awesome

Starks should be our #1 RB

Cobb is electric, Jennings is consistant

Burnett needs to become more consistant, got blown by on the flea flicker and got turned around on another TD

I hope Clay can get going here because our pass defense needs help ASAP. He goes hard but it just isn't enough. Either need to cover better or get him help on the other side.

Shields had a beauty of a INT

Starks' good runs are beastly, but on others his vision/decisiveness still seems questionable. Maybe with more opportunities that will improve. It's weird because last season that was the thing that was refreshing with him over BJax.

Not much of a sample size, but I remember thinking that Green was playing fast and running hard.

It was nice to see Cobb and Jones get in on the fun. If only Randall could have gotten his feet back under him. I'm sure he'll get **** in film study for getting caught by a 37 year old safety.

Shields used his speed to catch up on that INT but was initially beat and if not for Orton's suspect arm strength probably would have given up a TD. Decision to bring it out of the end zone was suspect as well but it worked out so can't complain too much.

What was it the 4th Q before they notched the fist sack on Orton? That's not going to cut it vs better competition.

cvv84
10-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Starks' good runs are beastly, but on others his vision/decisiveness still seems questionable. Maybe with more opportunities that will improve. It's weird because last season that was the thing that was refreshing with him over BJax.

Thats Grant's problem, he runs into traffic too much and misses the cutbacks. At least with Starks he has the power to drive the pile and gain positive yards the majority of the time.

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
It's a fine line for those RB's.
This is a one-cut, and go thing. But they teach patience too. But you don't have time to sit and wait.

Grant has better vision, but part of that is he has about 700 more carries of experience in this system, team. Maybe 1000 more.

Hopefully Starks will get that while he's still nimble, fresh, and strong like bull.

I love both guys. And love Alex, who brings an added dimension that I am salivating waiting to see... perhaps on the turf in Atlanta next Sunday night.

TimmG6376
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
It's a fine line for those RB's.
This is a one-cut, and go thing. But they teach patience too. But you don't have time to sit and wait.

Grant has better vision, but part of that is he has about 700 more carries of experience in this system, team. Maybe 1000 more.

Hopefully Starks will get that while he's still nimble, fresh, and strong like bull.

I love both guys. And love Alex, who brings an added dimension that I am salivating waiting to see... perhaps on the turf in Atlanta next Sunday night.

Yeah it is all about timing. You don't want them to hit the hole before it has a chance to develop, but they can't wait for the hole to open either. If they do the defense will close it before they can get through. They have to anticipate the opening and hit it at the right time.

If I remember correctly, Starks last season would at times get the ball and go before the blocking developed. That was actually refreshing compared to Bjax dancing around in the backfield, but now IMO it seems he's swung a little in the other direction. Nothing that can't come together with more reps though.

When he gets it right, I love seeing him plow over LBs and DBs. That is something Grant does not bring to the table.