PDA

View Full Version : Denard Robinson...

bigbuc
10-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Would you draft Robinson as a RB? At 193 pounds he's a little small but could be a hell of a 3rd down/ Slot WR guy. The kid just has game breaking speed and game braking moves in the open field. I hope he understands that he will never be a QB in the NFL because he could be a fun player to watch on Sundays.

Clarkw267
10-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Would you draft Robinson as a RB? At 193 pounds he's a little small but could be a hell of a 3rd down/ Slot WR guy. The kid just has game breaking speed and game braking moves in the open field. I hope he understands that he will never be a QB in the NFL because he could be a fun player to watch on Sundays.

Could be a Randall Cobb type slot/return guy. Although Cobb showed he could catch the football in college.

Robinson is a special athlete though, and if he shows he can run routes and catch the ball he could be a mid round pick.

FUNBUNCHER
10-02-2011, 01:36 AM
I can't see Robinson going later than the 3rd round.
WR/KR. You can line him up in so many different positions on offense. However you get the ball in his hands is a WIN.

Scott Wright
10-02-2011, 05:29 AM
Denard Robinson = Armanti Edwards

OGDraft
10-02-2011, 07:03 AM
I don't understand why everyone is quick to move him to WR. Has he ever played WR in his life? If I we're to draft him it would be as a RB. He is a natural runner and it's something he's done his whole life. He won't be more than a change of pace back but I think he'd be much more useful in the backfield rather than in the slot.

FUNBUNCHER
10-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Why can't you line him up at WR/RB/KR??

I don't need to see how physically tough Robinson is, I want him to be running free with the ball in his hands.

Rabscuttle
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Getting him in space seems to be ideal and steady between the tackles work will just keep him constantly nicked up. I'd be concerned about asking him to pick up blitzers. That could keep him out of the backfield for a lot of coaches.

bucfan12
10-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Just because he has great speed, doesn't mean he can translate to a different position in the NFL. A lot of those types of spread/speed QBs like Pat White, Eric Crouch, etc. some times just can't make the position switch.

Robinson is good because he's consistantly in the pocket and can outrun anyoone at the college level. Now, put him in the backfield, can he hit the hole and break tackles in the nfl? As a slot WR, is he strong enough to create seperation? That's what you have to evaluate.

FUNBUNCHER
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Pat White and Eric Crouch had no desire whatsoever to switch positions.
They failed in the league at QB, not as WR/special teamers.

You don't have to be a 20 veteran NFL scout to realize Denard Robinson has the potential to be a game breaker in the pros.

EDIT: I don't remember if Crouch tried to switch positions or not. I do know his heart was never in playing another position besides QB.

boknows34
10-02-2011, 11:11 AM
The next Josh Cribbs.

Shane P. Hallam
10-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Pat White and Eric Crouch had no desire whatsoever to switch positions.
They failed in the league at QB, not as WR/special teamers.

You don't have to be a 20 veteran NFL scout to realize Denard Robinson has the potential to be a game breaker in the pros.

EDIT: I don't remember if Crouch tried to switch positions or not. I do know his heart was never in playing another position besides QB.

Crouch did. Heck, he wasn't even drafted as a QB.