PDA

View Full Version : **The Official Fire Andy Red Thread**

Breed
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
We have to much talent to have this poor record. What is Bill Cowher up to now a days?

Borat
10-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Breed, your sig is hilarious.

Pat Sims 90
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
This is what happens when you hype yourself as the "Dream Team" of the NFL. I would be more prone to get rid of Vick before i got rid of Reid.

Raiderz4Life
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
lmao I was asking bout you earlier.

ShutDwn
10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Classsssic Breed.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Andy Red needs to go.

nepg
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah, **** Andy Red.

OzTitan
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Eagles should totally hire Jeff Fisher.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Its the same issue every year for the Eagles...they get away from their running game and pass to much.

Borat
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Hire Mike Singletary. Play him at LB. Player/coach. Win.

Breed
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Hire Mike Singletary. Play him at LB. Player/coach. Win.

I actually like this idea. It would replace Andy, and give us a extra LB. Singeleary at his age is better than anything we have in the LB corp.

Saints-Tigers
10-02-2011, 09:16 PM
The Eagles talent level is way overrated.

yo123
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree, Andy Red needs to go.

That wouldn't change the holes in that team though.

stephenson86
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM
What happened to Aso...?

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 09:28 PM
So is Breed is even a teenager?

703SKINS202
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Eagles should totally hire Jeff Fisher.
Don't you mean Jeff Fish?

Matthew Jones
10-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Despite the slow start, it's so hard to imagine Reid ever leaving Philadelphia against his will.

SickwithIt1010
10-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Yep, its Andy Reid's fault that we cant tackle for dick, cant block for dick, cant hold a lead for dick.

Yep its the guy who has dominated the best division in football over the last decade's fault.

I said some stuff jokingly today about hitting up Fish and Cowher but in reality if we lose Reid we lose somethings that have made us one of the best franchises in the NFL right now. He is an amazing talent evaluator and he is a great offensive mind...if we fire him, idk.

tjsunstein
10-02-2011, 10:28 PM
This is the Eagles' demise.

TitanHope
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
This is now the official fire Andy and Red thread!

http://i2.listal.com/image/1319954/500full.jpg

THEY'RE NOT BAD INMATES IT'S JUST TIME FOR A CHANGE

BeerBaron
10-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Whatever happens, please DO NOT correct the title of this thread. I love it just the way it is.

boknows34
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Jeff Fish and Bill Cow would luv to coach the Eagle.

TonyGfortheTD
10-02-2011, 11:26 PM
What happened to Aso...?

"Hey we know you're a good man to man corner, so we're going to have you play zone"

mqtirishfan
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
This is a thread that's meant to insult Andy Dalton and his hair, right? Fire Andy Red for throwing those 2 picks and being a ginger!

Brodeur
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
This is now the official fire Andy and Red thread!

http://i2.listal.com/image/1319954/500full.jpg

THEY'RE NOT BAD INMATES IT'S JUST TIME FOR A CHANGE

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ripowen.jpg

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

AHungryWalrus
10-03-2011, 12:29 AM
http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/ripowen.jpg

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Wait.

Wait.

Did you know wresting is fake?

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Wait.

Wait.

Did you know wresting is fake?
Yeah, right. Next you're going to tell me Santa Claus isn't real.

diabsoule
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Matt Millen would be the perfect replacement!

Rabscuttle
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM
So many soft players. There would be no end to the tears if Singletary took over there. From both the physical demands and the abject stupidity they would be subjected to.

I want Andy Reid's demise to come as a result of losing game after game because of missed field goals.

CC.SD
10-03-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.freevectorartwork.org/images/andy-warhol-red-free-vector-art-1369.jpg

dj825
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Andy Red couldnt coach his way out of a Paper bag, he really does need to go immediately.

Andy Reid however is a great coach and should prolly not be fired right now at least. I think the Eagles just kinda dug their own grave calling themselves a Dream Team and its almost a fail if you lose any games at that point. I think the eagles are underachieving but not nearly as bad as it seems like based on the fact theyre the so called dream team.

whatadai
10-04-2011, 02:12 AM
They should fire Philly's 12th man. Worst fans in the league.

soybean
10-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Are people really ripping the Eagles for something Vince Young said? i mean cmon really...? The dude might lose his job as a backup.

The truth of the matter is... The eagles made a poor investment by locking in Michael Vick long term... the dude cannot avoid injury and yes a lot of that is due to his running style.

Here's a trivia question for you guys:

How many Fourth quarter points have the eagles scored in each of their three losses?

igglefanz
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM
INC rant

I just love how something that the backup QB said in one interview is the banner for this team. Last time I checked not one other Eagle said anything similar or was there some promotion I missed where they had some kind of hype party or declare they are winning it all?

The Eagles took a huge risk yes. They barely lost to the super bowl champs last year in the playoffs. They have a favorable schedule and went all in. They have from last year 6 games against teams with winning records the year before and 4 of those 6 were at home. Probably not the best year for trying that as the lockout kinda screwed things up. So damn a team for trying.

The talent is there just with all the new faces and totally revamped defense and new style of blocking on the oline this was going to be a rough start but they would get by and win very winnable games. I didn't think that they would fall flat on their faces this early and would be able to put things together and win that division and be a top team in the NFC. But i knew also that this team had holes and could struggle so I didn't make it a point to brag and hype this team.

What is sad is really they are playing brilliant at times. But they have been totally inept in the red zone and are making dumb play after dumb play. I think it was the Eagles were in the red zone 8 against the niners at home and only got 2 touchdowns and 3 field goals. That is a possible 56 points and they got 23. And would of been less if Vick hadn't made that miracle escape and hit cooper for the TD.

If i have any glimmer of hope is that Reid coached teams usually finish strong and the big issues with this team some will fix as of gelling and they will improve. They have 2 tough road games which they can either win or loose as both Buffalo and Washington are tough teams now but if the Eagles can pull things together and play smart and with pride they can get to 3-3 going into their bye and work themselves into contention. They have a tough part in their schedule coming in weeks after the bye but they could still end up with 11 wins if they play up to their ability but i see sadly a 7-9 team if they keep playing like this. All going to come down to character and desire.

descendency
10-04-2011, 08:20 AM
"Hey we know you're a good man to man corner, so we're going to have you play zone"

That's why I didn't understand him going to Philly. It was like the second or third worst idea he could have had.

The worst being Chicago.

descendency
10-04-2011, 08:21 AM
To the OP: I hear Josh McDaniels is available.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-04-2011, 09:12 AM
That's why I didn't understand him going to Philly. It was like the second or third worst idea he could have had.

The worst being Chicago.

Ben Drogba. That fool of an agent. I think he didn't even tell his client until the last possible moment. Notice how most of their FA signings are all his client. Same guy who didn't take the offer the Eagles gave Steve Smith back to us. He just got him signed to the Eagles. That guy is a shady agent.

mqtirishfan
10-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Ben Drogba. That fool of an agent. I think he didn't even tell his client until the last possible moment. Notice how most of their FA signings are all his client. Same guy who didn't take the offer the Eagles gave Steve Smith back to us. He just got him signed to the Eagles. That guy is a shady agent.

I'm pretty sure that if an NFL CB doesn't know what kind of defense the team he is about to sign with runs, he deserves whatever he gets. Also, it's highly unlikely.

BeerBaron
10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Imagine Nnamdi playing man to man in Dallas right now....tell me that wouldn't have been a fantastic matchup with him on Calvin Sunday.

stephenson86
10-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Ahhhh, that old chestnut.

Da-Phins
10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Yes Philly, please fire Andy so that he can become the next Dolphins next coach. You know you wanna.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that if an NFL CB doesn't know what kind of defense the team he is about to sign with runs, he deserves whatever he gets. Also, it's highly unlikely.

It comes down to the person. What is he telling the agent? How much autonomy does he have? Ben D. didn't tell NA that he was even talking to the Eagles until the last possible minute. Maybe he saw how much money they are offering and getting a chance to play with DRC and Samuel, and thought it would be amazing. Money + all the talent = superbowl.

I do agree with you that if he didn't do his due diligence and is not a good fit, then that's not him. The agent works for you, not the other way around. Same thing with Steve Smith. He went for the money and now is just another WR in that system. He no longer will get 107 balls or whatever in that system and be a pro bowler. Too many other fish in that pond. But hey, he went for the money and looks miserable.

Rabscuttle
10-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Is Dawkins laughing or crying right now?

Or does he appear to be a severe manic depressive?

Haha, stupid eagles, ah **** I'm a ****** donkey.

Go_Eagles77
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
I think Castillo loses his job before Reid.

OSUGiants17
10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
It's funny this guys username is breed since that's something he should be banned from doing in order to save the IQ of the human race. Yet another dumb post by Breed.

Reid cannot be blamed for a team that collapses in the 4th quarter. As previously stated, Castillo goes first, Reid gets one more shot.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2011, 10:19 PM

New DC, he might not have known what Castillo planned on doing. Castillo has never been a DC and is still very new to calling plays. I think they need to run a lot of mixed coverages.

I think Castillo loses his job before Reid.

I do as well my friend...

yo123
10-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't even think Red needs to be fired based on the results so far this season, more based on his coaching the last couple years and his being the worst clock management coach in the league.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't even think Red needs to be fired based on the results so far this season, more based on his coaching the last couple years and his being the worst clock management coach in the league.

Meh, their are coaches that would die to get to where hes gotten his teams the last couple years.

yo123
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Meh, their are coaches that would die to get to where hes gotten his teams the last couple years.

Brad Childress got to an NFC Championship game, and he was justifiably fired. Players make plays.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Brad Childress got to an NFC Championship game, and he was justifiably fired. Players make plays.

Yeah he followed it up with a joke of a season. Reid continued to make NFC championship games and more playoff appearances. Childress cant hold his jock

yo123
10-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah he followed it up with a joke of a season. Reid continued to make NFC championship games and more playoff appearances. Childress cant hold his jock

I'm saying, if you have some of the talent he's had over the years you better make the playoffs most years, if he didn't he would have been fired 5 years ago. But he's part of the reason the Eagles haven't taken it to the next level. He ****** up his only SB appearance with pathetic clock managing (i realize McNabb was probably partly at fault) but still.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm saying, if you have some of the talent he's had over the years you better make the playoffs most years, if he didn't he would have been fired 5 years ago. But he's part of the reason the Eagles haven't taken it to the next level. He ****** up his only SB appearance with pathetic clock managing (i realize McNabb was probably partly at fault) but still.

Youre right, im torn on Reid. I think he is an excellent coach, and I think he is great when it comes to player personel and the drafting and what not...but I do think most coaches would get to the next level with this talent.

I think if he leaves though, the offense slowly goes down though.

FUNBUNCHER
10-05-2011, 07:24 AM
If Reid doesn't take the Iggles deep into the playoffs, I think he does get fired this season.

He set everything up as D Mac's decline being the reason for Philly's playoff ineptitude.
Now the spotlight is squarely on the HC.

The question is whom do you hire as his replacement?? Who gets the most out of that talent??
Cowher's not a good fit short term because he's a 3-4 guys for life, the Eagles don't have the talent to run his defense.

Jeff Fisher or Gruden off the top of my head, no clue about the possible coordinators ready to take that next step.

BeerBaron
10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I think that Reid is good, but slightly overrated, and I think this thread is confirming it.

In recent years, he's getting dangerously close Mike Shanahan at the end of this Broncos tenure territory, where he believed a little too strongly in his scheme, neglecting to shore up obvious weaknesses. Oddly enough, for both of them, it seems to manifest itself in the inability to properly evaluate and use defensive talent.

Reid also got amazingly lucky in having Jim Johnson early in his career. That defense was so underrated that it's ridiculous. They were the bigger reason for their early decade success than Reid, McNabb or the offense.

And since then, Reid can't find a coordinator to save his life. Everyone is so quick to blame the coordinators, but what often gets forgotten is that it's the coach who chooses them and who they report to. If the coordinator is doing a lousy job, the coach can fire him, but it SHOULD reflect poorly on the coach for choosing him in the first place, but that is not always the case. Imagine if you were a manager at a regular job, and you did your job well, but the people you kept hiring were terrible. That would reflect poorly on you too. (Or at least it should...)

And let's not forget another huge weakness of Reid...he's outright refused to ever address the short yardage running game. It seems like that has been a problem during the entire Reid tenure, except maybe briefly when they had Duce Staley. He loves his undersized, pass catching backs, but it always seems to come back to bite them when they fail to pick up a key short yardage first down or goal line situation.

Now, Reid is a good coach who would probably be an upgrade for several other teams in the league, but he needs a strong defensive coordinator and maybe a GM to occasionally force him to sure up some weaknesses that Reid never wants to address.

Razor
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
If Reid doesn't take the Iggles deep into the playoffs, I think he does get fired this season.

He set everything up as D Mac's decline being the reason for Philly's playoff ineptitude.

The question is whom do you hire as his replacement?? Who gets the most out of that talent??
Cowher's not a good fit short term because he's a 3-4 guys for life, the Eagles don't have the talent to run his defense.

Jeff Fisher or Gruden off the top of my head, no clue about the possible coordinators ready to take that next step.

I think Gruden would have to be the guy. He's someone who's going to let his DC take care of the defensive side of the ball and focus on the offense. And just imagine what Chucky could do with Vick, LeSean, DeSean and Maclin.... Gruden's a good coach who I feel got stuck in a bad situation in Tampa. I'd miss him on MNF, but it'd be worth it if he were back in the league coaching.

BeerBaron
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I think Gruden would have to be the guy. He's someone who's going to let his DC take care of the defensive side of the ball and focus on the offense. And just imagine what Chucky could do with Vick, LeSean, DeSean and Maclin.... Gruden's a good coach who I feel got stuck in a bad situation in Tampa. I'd miss him on MNF, but it'd be worth it if he were back in the league coaching.

I love Gruden, but honestly, he's probably find a way to run the offense into the ground. His offenses in Tampa were never really that good, and he never really developed his own QB. He would bring in old washups like Brad Johnson, Brian Griese, Jeff Garcia, Rob Johnson....or he'd constantly spend mid-late round picks on guys who he never really developed fully like Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski, Josh Johnson....

I'm not even entirely sure where he gets his "offensive genius" label.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Talking to a buddy of mine the other day and I think Cowher would definitely be the target. The fan base in Philly wouldnt accept them just hiring anybody. I dont think Cowher would have to run a 3-4 but I do believe that he would stick to a blitz happy defense, much like Johnson ran.

However, I think the PERFECT fit would be Brian Billick. Hes a west coast guy with an offensive background, but during his time in Baltimore he knew what a great defense did for him. He was an offensive minded coach, but he never neglected the defensive side of the ball (obviously) lol. The offense is already there for him, he knows how to build a defense...I think he'd be the right guy.

Ness
10-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Fisher and Gruden might be good as they both have ties with the organization.

Ness
10-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Talking to a buddy of mine the other day and I think Cowher would definitely be the target. The fan base in Philly wouldnt accept them just hiring anybody. I dont think Cowher would have to run a 3-4 but I do believe that he would stick to a blitz happy defense, much like Johnson ran.

However, I think the PERFECT fit would be Brian Billick. Hes a west coast guy with an offensive background, but during his time in Baltimore he knew what a great defense did for him. He was an offensive minded coach, but he never neglected the defensive side of the ball (obviously) lol. The offense is already there for him, he knows how to build a defense...I think he'd be the right guy.

Billick always had trouble finding talent at the quarterback position though. I'm sure he is a great offensive mind, but he doesn't seem to be the best talent evaluator at quarterback. It's funny because right when he left the Ravens finally found their franchise quarterback.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Billick always had trouble finding talent at the quarterback position though. I'm sure he is a great offensive mind, but he doesn't seem to be the best talent evaluator at quarterback. It's funny because right when he left the Ravens finally found their franchise quarterback.

Well hes already got a QB to work with right now, Vick will be there a couple more years at least. I would take my chances with him.

BeerBaron
10-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Well hes already got a QB to work with right now, Vick will be there a couple more years at least. I would take my chances with him.

The same Vick who is 31 and constantly banged up?

Any new coach would have to find a new QB within 2-3 years.

Raiderz4Life
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM

2 words.

Mike Kafka.

Assuming of course, they don't con some sap to take him.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Like I said he will be there a COUPLE more years...

...He will have to draft his guy. But he wont be QB-less when he gets there.

CC.SD
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Did they...did they.

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Did they...did they.

I dont think hes the franchise guy...hes a good game manager for the defense that that they have, and to go with Ray Rice. But he isnt the guy who's gonna set them over the top.

BeerBaron
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
2 words.

Mike Kafka.

Assuming of course, they don't con some sap to take him.

New coaches, especially offensive minded ones, always want their own hand-picked guy.

Like I said he will be there a COUPLE more years...

...He will have to draft his guy. But he wont be QB-less when he gets there.

I was generous even throwing the 3 in there...especially if this season goes completely into the tank.

The division obviously isn't going to be easy and you still have games against the Bills, Bears, Patriots and Jets. You could very easily find yourself with a pick around #10 and a possible shot at a top QB...not Luck obviously, but possibly Barkley, Jones or Griffin. A new head coach may take that chance THIS year. (Well, next year....the draft in between this season and next season. We'll go with that...)

SickwithIt1010
10-05-2011, 04:14 PM
New coaches, especially offensive minded ones, always want their own hand-picked guy.

I was generous even throwing the 3 in there...especially if this season goes completely into the tank.

The division obviously isn't going to be easy and you still have games against the Bills, Bears, Patriots and Jets. You could very easily find yourself with a pick around #10 and a possible shot at a top QB...not Luck obviously, but possibly Barkley, Jones or Griffin. A new head coach may take that chance THIS year. (Well, next year....the draft in between this season and next season. We'll go with that...)

Ive already said in the draft thread that I wouldnt mind the eagles drafting a top QB this year one bit. If Barkley or RG3 were there to take I would be all for it and letting them sit a couple years until they take the job.

Vick isnt going anywhere for at least 2 years I would say. They are going to see if this investment works. He is not playing bad this year, he just needs to stay on the field and a large part of that is our horrid offensive line play. I do realize he gets hurt though, and thats why the eagles put plenty of outs in his contract.

V.I.P
10-09-2011, 03:19 PM
lol Eagles

BRAVEHEART
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
The dream team iggles have slow-dived into the dirt.

superman8456
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I knew I didn't like the idea of making an offensive line coach our defensive coordinator.

descendency
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Robert Griffin III - Eagles QB? :D

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
I knew I didn't like the idea of making an offensive line coach our defensive coordinator.

He was a long time defensive coach. He didnt have a history of being an O-Line coach.

The hire wasnt so far fetched. He just had ZERO experience in calling defensive plays, and that is definitely showing. Mix that in with the eagles' stubbornness to draft linebackers worth the ****, and we got problems.

Breed
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
We were out coached again this week.

Raiderz4Life
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
We were out coached again this week.

The Eagles suck

Rabscuttle
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Eagles have their lunch money taken away again?

100% commmitted to finesse, they cue jumped Polian's scheduled changes to the game where pads aren't needed.