PDA

View Full Version : SACK or INT

Breed
10-02-2011, 10:16 PM
The question is not which would you prefer to get, but Which is the hardest to accomplish?

All Time Sack Leaders List:
http://football.about.com/od/nflhistory/a/alltimesacks.htm

as you can see a lot of player have hit 125+ sacks through there career...

All Time INT Leaders List:
http://football.about.com/od/nflhistory/a/alltimeintercep.htm

No player has ever came close to 100 interceptions..

So is getting an INT a more difficult task?

Getting an interception seems a lot easier than trying to get through a bunch of lineman than chasing down the QB

Than again running with a wide receiver and taking the ball from him sounds pretty difficult as well..

So it's your call. Which is harder to accomplish, a int, or a sack?

Gay Ork Wang
10-02-2011, 11:08 PM
you cant really control Interceptions. If you are a great CB, QBs are going to throw away from you. its that simply.

I mean look at Deltha O Neal

mqtirishfan
10-02-2011, 11:43 PM
A normal person is more likely to get an interception than a sack, I'd say. Good luck going up against an OL, but if you just ran around aimlessly forever, you might be able to catch a bad throw.

Brodeur
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Let's ask Vernon Gholston.

tjsunstein
10-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Very Tricky Question

Babylon
10-03-2011, 12:00 AM
The subtitle for this thread would be do you want pass rushers or good cover guys. To me a good pass rush makes for a better secondary not the other way around.

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2011, 12:00 AM

His cousin plays for Michigan State and the ABC crew messed up big time yesterday. According to them Gholston still plays for the Jets.

wogitalia
10-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I think just about everything points to the interception being harder, but realistically it depends on the position you play.

Obviously it's easier to get a sack than an INT at DE and vice versa at CB but in general the INT is still harder to get and my reasoning is pretty simple. You get a sack generally for beating one man, the best have to beat two guys and when you play Vick I guess it's 3, but if you beat your man off the ball then you are a good chance at a sack.

INT on the other hand you need the QB to either make a bad read or a bad throw, so you are already contingent on someone else to have a chance, then you have to be in the position to get it, have to overcome the rules being heavily slanted against you and then you have to catch it. Much greater margin for error in making the play as well as less chance of it even being possible, especially considering that good coverage will generally put you out of position for an intercept on most pass plays.

So yeah, the sack is easier to get as a player.