PDA

View Full Version : First Quarter Done: Playoff Predictions

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm giving the Bucs a home win tonight over the Ponies. They're like 11 point favorites and the Colts are making a strong push for Andrew Luck.

So here are the standings 1/4th of the way through.

WHO DO YOU PREDICT NOW WILL BE THE PLAYOFF TEAMS?

AFC East
Buffalo 3-1
New England 3-1
NY Jets 2-2

AFC North
Baltimore 3-1
Cinci 2-2
Cleveland 2-2
Pittsburgh 2-2

AFC South
Houston 3-1
Tennessee 3-1

AFC West
San Diego 3-1
Oakland 2-2

NFC East
Washington 3-1
NY Giants 3-1
Dallas 2-2
Philly 1-3

NFC Norris
Green Bay 4-0
Detroit 4-0
Chicago 2-2

NFC South
New Orleans 3-1
Tampa Bay 3-1
Atlanta 2-2

NFC West
San Francisco 3-1
Arizona 1-3
Seattle 1-3

I'd like to see a few of you guys give us your playoff predictions at this particular point in time (that's an Adam Schefter patented-line he uses instead of the word 'now').

Anyone not listed needs a miracle.
Even some guys listed need small miracles.

Key Questions, and I will start at the top:
Can Green Bay hold off the young, upstart Lions and win the NFL's best division, or will they be relegated to a Wildcard team again?

The Dream Team.
The Eagles are looking up at every team in their division, plus about 8 other NFC teams at this particular point in time. All 3 of their losses are within the conference, which are huge for tiebreakers to get in.

49ers. Wow, 3-1? Are they for real? 9-7 will certainly be good enough to win that division. I thought Arizona was the class of that division.

Redskins.... are they for real? They're almost 4-0.
How many teams will come out of the NFC East? One or two?
You'll have the Lions or Packers getting one of the two wildcards. You'd think either Atlanta or Tampa Bay would snag the other... or the Bears could get it.
It's gonna be hard for an NFC East team to get a Wildcard, but I think they will. But who? Redskins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles? What a battle in the superhyped NFC East that will be.

AFC.... will the Bills fade away to memory bliss as they did a few years back when they started like 5-0 with Trent Edwards? I'm afraid they might after seeing yesterday's choke job.

New England.... are they gonna keep rolling? I think so. They can bury the Jets this week. Will the Jets bounce back?

Is Pittsburgh done? Too old?

Tennessee or Houston.... one of them will win that division, both at 3-1 now. The Texans, or the old Oilers?

Will the Raiders hang with the Chargers? I think that will be a great battle. They play week 10, Thursday night, in San Diego.

Ravens..... they look great except the one loss at Matty Ice's Titans. Will the Ravens roll to that division title? Will they get a 1 or 2 seed?

Rosebud
10-03-2011, 11:32 AM
NFC East - NY Giants/Eagles
That eagles OL should get better as hte season progresses so if we make our annual late season collapse epic they might just charge past the fading Redskins and rollercoaster Cowboys to steal the division from us. I have a good feeling but there's plenty of reason for skepticism.

NFC North - Green Bay Packers
I see Detroit's OL, run D and secondary keeping them from keeping up with Green Bay once teams are all settled into the season, in fact I still think the Bears will make up ground on them now that they're out of that rough early patch of their schedule.

NFC Wild Card - Chicago Bears

NFC South - New Orleans Saints
The Falcons lines can't stay as bad as they've been, can they? The Bucs are playing good football right now making plays when necessary, but I just can't see them beating out Breesus unless the saints start to run away with it and choke.

NFC Wild Card - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West - St. Louis Rams
The Rams early season has been brutal, their second half however is really manageable. They've played well enough to have 1 or 2 wins at this point despite being out gunned in every game so far. Plus despite the 9ers 3-1 record I still think 7 wins could win that division once again...

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 11:36 AM
AFC:
1. New England
2. Baltimore
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. New York
6. Oakland

NFC:
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. New York Giants
4. San Francisco
5. Detroit
6. Atlanta

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 11:58 AM
AFC:
1. New England
2. Baltimore
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. New York
6. Oakland

NFC:
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. New York Giants
4. San Francisco
5. Detroit
6. Atlanta
That looks pretty good... I hope you're right there at 1 & 5 in the NFC, also would love your AFC6 to be correct. Jason Campbell though....

killxswitch
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
AFC
----
Baltimore
Houston
New England
Oakland
Buffalo
San Diego

NFC
----
Green Bay
New Orleans
San Francisco
NYG
Detroit
Atlanta

Really hard to pick 2 teams out of the NFC South but the NFC East is too murky, I don't believe in the Bears, the NFC West is the worst division of all time.

mqtirishfan
10-03-2011, 12:28 PM
AFC:
1) New England
2) Houston
3) Baltimore
4) San Diego
5) Titans
6) Pittsburgh (They still have the Jags, most of the NFC West and two games apiece with the Bengals and Browns.)

NFC:
1) Packers
2) Saints
3) Giants
4) 49ers (8-8 or 9-7)
5) Eagles
6) Lions

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
AFC:

1-New England (AFC East Champs, Homefield)
2-Baltimore (AFC North Champs, 1st round bye)
3-Houston (AFC South Champs)
4-San Diego Chargers (AFC West Champs)
5-Tennessee Titans (AFC Wildcard)
6-New York Jets (AFC Wildcard)

NFC:

1-Green Bay (NFC North Champs, Homefield)
2-New Orleans (NFC South Champs, 1st round bye)
3-NY Giants (NFC East Champs)
4-San Francisco (NFC West Champs)
5-Detroit (Wildcard)
6-Chicago (Wildcard)

Titans defense is legit top 5, and their offense is better than expected due to good pass pro and Matt Hasselbeck surprising everyone with his good play. Losing Kenny Britt won't hurt as bad as people think b/c Jared Cook, Chris Johnson, and Craig Stevens will pick up the slack. CJ2K will get going. Pittsburgh has an easy schedule, but will lose enough games still b/c they're not that good this year. Oakland and Buffalo play hard schedules aren't quite there yet.

NFC East is a crapshoot. I don't think Philly wins it, they are already in a hole and are finding ways to lose. Vick probably gets hurt again and costs them 2 or more games. I pick Giants b/c they can fall back on a good run game and great defensive line. Chicago has a great defense/special teams and can do well offensively against lesser teams. Won't beat the good teams but will get a wildcard over Tampa Bay and an underperforming Atlanta team.

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
NFC East - NY Giants/Eagles
That eagles OL should get better as hte season progresses so if we make our annual late season collapse epic they might just charge past the fading Redskins and rollercoaster Cowboys to steal the division from us. I have a good feeling but there's plenty of reason for skepticism.

NFC North - Green Bay Packers
I see Detroit's OL, run D and secondary keeping them from keeping up with Green Bay once teams are all settled into the season, in fact I still think the Bears will make up ground on them now that they're out of that rough early patch of their schedule.

NFC Wild Card - Chicago Bears

NFC South - New Orleans Saints
The Falcons lines can't stay as bad as they've been, can they? The Bucs are playing good football right now making plays when necessary, but I just can't see them beating out Breesus unless the saints start to run away with it and choke.

NFC Wild Card - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West - St. Louis Rams
The Rams early season has been brutal, their second half however is really manageable. They've played well enough to have 1 or 2 wins at this point despite being out gunned in every game so far. Plus despite the 9ers 3-1 record I still think 7 wins could win that division once again...

so the Lions are gonna miss the playoffs after starting 4-0?

Rosebud
10-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Yeah, I think the Bears and Bucs squeeze them out of the finally WC spot, they're only 2 games ahead in that race right now and I see them fading more than the Bears and Bucs.

DiG
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I pick Giants b/c they can fall back on a good run game and great defensive line.

Skins dline giving up 84 ypg rushing. Giants giving up 117 ypg rushing. Also skins have 15 sacks through 4 games and Giants have 12. Skins have 507 rushing yards and Giants have 350. Nice logic.

scottyboy
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Skins dline giving up 84 ypg rushing. Giants giving up 117 ypg rushing. Also skins have 15 sacks through 4 games and Giants have 12. Skins have 507 rushing yards and Giants have 350. Nice logic.

You know what the sad truth is? And I'm not being an asshole or anything, and you know I love ya Dirty, but the fact is people are overlooking the Redskins for the sole reason that...well...they're the Redskins.

And again, this isn't me talking trash because you guys spanked us week 1 and I was impressed by your D.

Bucs147
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM

Granted they were coached by Josh McDaniels, the 2009 Denver Broncos started the season 6-0 and finished with a mere 8-8 record.

Jughead10
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
You know what the sad truth is? And I'm not being an asshole or anything, and you know I love ya Dirty, but the fact is people are overlooking the Redskins for the sole reason that...well...they're the Redskins.

And again, this isn't me talking trash because you guys spanked us week 1 and I was impressed by your D.

Rex Grossman. People can say rushing or D-line or whatever else they want. But they can't and won't look past the fact that Rex Grossman is the Qb. A couple of ok games won't make anyone forget he's Rex Grossman.

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't believe in the Bears, the NFC West is the worst division of all time.
That made me really LOL. Good line. "All-time". Classic.

Here's the thing about the Lions and the 1/4th part.
Things change. Some team that went 3-1 will go 1-3 or 0-4 the next 4.
Key injuries will happen.... nobody knows to who.

But the Lions are not flukes. They are a good team. They have an almost unstoppable player in Megatron. He's scored 2 TDs in every game this year. Amazing. But he's torched my club and Charles Woodson specifically, 2 times in a game before.

These guys would have even been better had Leshoure not gone down & out before the season started.

I can tell you this about them: 2 weeks ago I had to root for the Vikings against them, which I think was a first, and felt real bad doing it.
Then I had to root for Dallas this week even though I had $ on the Lions +1.5 somehow.

Next week I will be a Bears fan. But I think the Lions will win about 38-14.

Tennessee.... what a surprise for Matt Hasselbeck.
And to New England: They obtained the 2 HUGE name veterans in Albert Haynesworth, and Ochocinco.
And both have so far bombed miserably. Yet this team keeps going, winning 3 of 4. Amazing. Brady.

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 02:22 PM

I love the Skins defense don't get me wrong. I like Eli and Bradshaw/Jacobs and Nicks/Cruz and the Giants offense to win more games this year though than Grossman. I think the Redskins lack of talent on offense will catch up with them eventually. Both teams win about 9 or 10 games, same with Dallas. It will be close and it's hard to pick, but Giants' talent and experience gets the slight edge for me right now.

Hurricanes25
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
AFC
1. New England Patriots
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Houston Texans
4. San Diego Chargers
5. New York Jets
6. Pittsburgh Steelers
1st team out- Oakland

NFC
1. Green Bay Packers
2. New Orlans Saints
3. New York Giants
4. San Francisco 49ers
5. Detroit Lions
6. Philadelphia Eagles
1st team out- Atlanta

The NFC Wildcard picture is going to be fun to watch. A bunch of teams could be in contention.

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Granted they were coached by Josh McDaniels, the 2009 Denver Broncos started the season 6-0 and finished with a mere 8-8 record.

not saying it can't happen to a 4-0 starting team, but this Lions team looks very legit. Has won 3 games on the road this year, twice in a row while down by 20 points, and have an explosive offense with Stafford and Calvin Johnson, plus a good defense led by a great defensive front. They look like they have the staying power to win 10 or 12 games for sure. Certainly look better than Tampa (who they beat in Tampa) and Chicago (who's O-Line is bad and who's problems I alluded to earlier)

Rosebud
10-03-2011, 02:31 PM
I really don't trust that Lions defense and OL to keep them in it. *shrug* Especially if that OL leads to another Stafford injury.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
That looks pretty good... I hope you're right there at 1 & 5 in the NFC, also would love your AFC6 to be correct. Jason Campbell though....
As a Packers fan, I shouldn't love what the Lions are doing right now because they are building a very scary squad but I can't bring myself to root against them. I love the way they're being put together personnel wise and Schwartz's personality fits that team perfectly. Once they get Fairley going, and Leshoure comes back next year, they will become a consistent team again. They've given us (talking Packers fan to Packers fan here) problems in years before when they weren't even very good. Now they have the most confidence in the world, and a talented squad. I know we're a better team but I wouldn't count them out for splitting with us this season. In the predict the last undefeated and winless team thread, I had our first loss to the Lions. And I stand by that still even going into Atlanta next Sunday Night.

Every year you see a team with an average QB in the playoffs and I think that the Raiders are the team this year. The running game combined with their schedule I think can put them in the playoffs and I won't be surprised if they won a game once they're in. They can't be slept on but they have to stay healthy and play near perfect Raider football. I'm taking a chance with them but I had to put them in over Pittsburgh at this particular point in time.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
The Lions will also have to finish the season less than .500 the rest of the way to miss out on the playoffs.

They have CHI (2x), Min, SF, Den, Car, all winnable games as well as a GB (2x) which I think they're capable of splitting.

BufFan71
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Buffalo started out 4-0 then 5-1 in 2008 and still missed the playoffs

for everyone saying that the Detroit lions WILL make the playoffs just because they are 4-0. Just dont get too excited

Bulldogs
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
The Falcons head-to-head win over Philly may just come in handy.

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Buffalo started out 4-0 then 5-1 in 2008 and still missed the playoffs

for everyone saying that the Detroit lions WILL make the playoffs just because they are 4-0. Just dont get too excited

i don't think anyone said it b/c they are 4-0. It's b/c they are a good team. They can score and their defense has been playing well. 3-0 on the road so far. That means they have 7 more home games and 5 more road games to win 6 or 7 more games to ensure a playoff berth. It's not like they weren't expected to be a good team this year either.

DiG
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Rex Grossman. People can say rushing or D-line or whatever else they want. But they can't and won't look past the fact that Rex Grossman is the Qb. A couple of ok games won't make anyone forget he's Rex Grossman.

Trust me I get it with Rex but keylime mentioned other factors for his reasoning. If someone wants to say the skins wont keep it together because of Rex than I can't argue that but if you want to talk about defense and running game than I will push back.

keylime_5
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
when i say the giants can fallback on a good running game and d-line, i didn't say that washington couldn't do that....but i do think new york wins the division at this point b/c of those two strengths. you can force eli to win a game for new york and he can. rex, not so sure.

J-Mike88
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Eagles have been outscored 36-0 in the 4th quarters this year, per Jackie McMullen. (Edit: That's in their last 3 games)
How's that for clutch.
That, Romo, and the Vikings. Faders?

dj825
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
AFC
1. Baltimore
2. New England
3. Houston
4. San Diego
5. Tennessee
6. Oakland

NFC
1. Green Bay
2. New Orleans
3. Washington
4. San Francisco
5. Detroit
6. Chicago

First off i think the Giants are a great team and will prolly finish with a 10-6 record but i think will just miss out on the playoffs. I dont see the redskins not making the playoffs because of that defense, Grossman has shown in the past he can get to the playoffs and superbowl if he can have a great defense and at this time i think thats what gets them there. I also find it hard to pick against Chicago making the playoffs since imo theyre one of the better teams in the NFC year in and year out.

I think Baltimore is the better team between them and NE right now because of their defense. I admit maybe im also picking them a little because everyone else picks NE, but either way i do think Baltimore is better.

I think New York Atlanta and TB make a push in the NFC and New York Buffalo Pittsburgh and Cincinnati make pushes for the AFC.

Jughead10
10-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I also find it hard to pick against Chicago making the playoffs since imo theyre one of the better teams in the NFC year in and year out.

They've been pretty mediocre lately. 2 losing records in the last 4 years.

dj825
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
They've been pretty mediocre lately. 2 losing records in the last 4 years.

true, personally though i think they are one of the better teams. But if their was one pick i feel the least sure about it is that one in which case the Giants get that spot

J-Mike88
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Baltimore & New England figure to battle for the #1 seed.
Manning being out, and the Colts turning to patheticism, is proving he is as valuable as anyone.

CC.SD
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Some interesting races are going to lead to a wacky wild card in the AFC.

North: Ravens/Steelers...are the Steelers really going to miss the playoffs?

South: Texans/Titans, could see this going down to the wire if Hasselbeck keeps it up.

West: Chargers/Raiders, the Raider bandwagon is filling up but meanwhile the team they beat is getting written off \/

East: Pats/Jets, I have a tough time seeing the Jets missing the tournament but you never know with that O.

and then there are the Bills who are looking neat. 9 teams, 6 spots, should be ineresting. I'm kind of up on the Bengals too but shhh.

vidae
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
The Chargers have beaten 3 teams who are a combined 1-11 right now. They better step up their game when they play someone with a pulse.

CC.SD
10-05-2011, 03:45 PM
The Chargers have beaten 3 teams who are a combined 1-11 right now. They better step up their game when they play someone with a pulse.

Get out of the playoff prediction thread vidae! You can only play the teams on the schedule, that NE game got decided in the final minutes by garbage turnovers.

vidae
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Get out of the playoff prediction thread vidae! You can only play the teams on the schedule, that NE game got decided in the final minutes by garbage turnovers.

So did the game against the Chiefs, who are 1-3 and playing ball like they want to join the Pac-10.

CC.SD
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
So did the game against the Chiefs, who are 1-3 and playing ball like they want to join the Pac-10.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/rsz/434/x/x/x/medias/nmedia/18/66/61/69/18944134.jpg

yodabear
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Just some prespective, my predictions at the beginning of the season....
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Colts (This is when I still thought Manning would play haha)
4. Chargers
5. Ravens
6. Jets

1. Packers
2. Saints
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Giants
6. Lions
I think u should still have the Rams option even tho u seem to hate them for some reason.

But now
1. Pats
2. Ravens
3. Chargers
4. Texans
5. Steelers
6. Jets
I am being stubborn with the Jets and Steelers.

1. Packers
2. Saints
3. Giants
4. 49ers :(
5. Lions
6. Buccaneers
I bought in way too much in the Eagle hype, in fact I said they'd make the super bowl :(.

J-Mike88
10-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I think u should still have the Rams option even tho u seem to hate them for some reason.

They're 0-4, have scored 46 points, allowed 113 points.
And they're next game is at Green Bay so they better be 0-5. Then they go to Dallas. Now Dallas ain't great, but they're not in the NFC West so they should be 0-6 after returning home from Big D.

Then they welcome New Orleans into the TWA Dome, so they should drop to 0-7.

That is the "for some reason". I don't hate them. I personally like Bradford, and Steven Jackson.

After that stretch, at probably 0-7, they will be the favorites for the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. Playoffs? http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/canstusdis/ddj2ae.gif

scottyboy
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
And they're next game is at Green Bay so they better be 0-5. Then they go to Dallas. Now Dallas ain't great, but they're not in the NFC West so they should be 0-6 after returning home from Big D.

That is the "for some reason". I don't hate them. I personally like Bradford, and Steven Jackson.

After that stretch, at probably 0-7, they will be the favorites for the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. Playoffs? http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/canstusdis/ddj2ae.gif

probably the most wrong thing said in the history of history. They have a killer first 7 games. unfair. However, their 2nd hald schedule, that team can easily win 4-6 games. They won't be close to winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

Brodeur
10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I think the Bears and Bucs squeeze them out of the finally WC spot, they're only 2 games ahead in that race right now and I see them fading more than the Bears and Bucs.

The Lions are considerably better offensively (the Bears line sucks more), and are not that much worse defensively. Plus, they are 4-0 after 3 road games, the Bears are 2-2 after 3 homes games.

Rosebud
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM
The Lions are considerably better offensively (the Bears line sucks more), and are not that much worse defensively. Plus, they are 4-0 after 3 road games, the Bears are 2-2 after 3 homes games.

The Bears are running the ball a lot better than Detroit and Cutler's proven capable of taking a beating better than Stafford has. That's a large part of why I expect the bears to sustain their offense throughout the season better than the lions. And if Stafford to Megatron isn't stoopidly awesome the Lions are 2-2 right now so if that connection stumbles up I see Detroit leaking wins quickly. Especially because you guys are still so bad against the run and give up a lot too many plays to keep yourselves out of shoot outs for now.

It boils down to me thinking the Bears will play better as the year goes on while I see the Lions stumbling.

Brodeur
10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
The Bears are running the ball a lot better than Detroit and Cutler's proven capable of taking a beating better than Stafford has. That's a large part of why I expect the bears to sustain their offense throughout the season better than the lions. And if Stafford to Megatron isn't stoopidly awesome the Lions are 2-2 right now so if that connection stumbles up I see Detroit leaking wins quickly. Especially because you guys are still so bad against the run and give up a lot too many plays to keep yourselves out of shoot outs for now.

It boils down to me thinking the Bears will play better as the year goes on while I see the Lions stumbling.

Bears rushing yards per game against: 124.2
Lions rushing yards per game against: 113.0

Obviously small sample size, but give me a break.

Rosebud
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Bears rushing yards per game against: 124.2
Lions rushing yards per game against: 113.0

Obviously small sample size, but give me a break.

I'm fully ready to suspend this discussion for another 4 weeks.

Brodeur
10-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm fully ready to suspend this discussion for another 4 weeks.

Bears have faced the Packers (who don't really have a run game), Atlanta (Turner has been good against them and the useless Philly run D and lousy against the other 2), New Orleans (meh), and Carolina (whose running game looked dead in the water before this week). Bah pointless to debate now, we'll see on Monday night.

yodabear
10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
probably the most wrong thing said in the history of history. They have a killer first 7 games. unfair. However, their 2nd hald schedule, that team can easily win 4-6 games. They won't be close to winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

Thank u good sir.....and my God, what did we do to the schedule person?

J-Mike88
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
The Bears are running the ball a lot better than Detroit and
This week yea Forte had holes and ran wild. But last week, he averaged 8 per carry only.
Inches.
That's inconsistent, and I don't expect the Bears to be in this game at the end of the 3rd quarter.
But I hope I'm wrong.

The roar has been restored fellas. They Lions are for real.
I just wish they played at the Jets or New England or Baltimore..... actually they'd probably beat the Jets. Would love to see Revis and Megatron battle.

proshoota25
10-08-2011, 01:25 PM

lmao pretty much ownage

Hurricanes25
10-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I just wish they played at the Jets or New England or Baltimore..... actually they'd probably beat the Jets. Would love to see Revis and Megatron battle.

Last year Calvin caught 1 pass for 13 yards on Revis.

Brodeur
10-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Which allowed Nate Burleson to rape the Jets secondary.

J-Mike88
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Was it Stafford at QB?
And did the refs call Revis for any of his illegal contacts beyond 5 yards that he gets away with all the time that no other CBs do?

Iamcanadian
10-09-2011, 06:37 AM
AFC
1. New England Patriots
2. Baltimore Ravens
3. Houston Texans
4. San Diego Chargers
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Will rebound.
6. Oakland - They dominate their own Division which should give them enough wins.

The Jets will have an off season if they lose to NE. Buffalo hasn't learned how to win the easy games just yet.

NFC
1. Green Bay Packers
2. New Orlans Saints
3. New York Giants
4. San Francisco 49ers
5. Detroit Lions
6. Atlanta

Grossman isn't taking Washington anywhere. Tampa Bay is a threat. Vick will let Philly fans down.

etk
10-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I can't ******* believe that there are people who still haven't given up on Atlanta. Has Peter King taken over your accounts? Have you guys seen that offensive line? The NFC wild card looks wide open but the Falcons are not one of the teams that looks like a part of it.

Eagles too....wow. Cognitive dissonance has never been sweeter.

AFC:

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Raiders
Bills
Chargers

NFC:

Packers
Saints
Giants
49ers
Lions
Bucs

Surprise teams in the playoffs? For me it's the Ravens, Bills and Giants.

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 09:55 AM
The Ravens are a surprise team to be in the playoffs? Who exactly did you expect was going to beat us out for a spot?

Complex
10-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Was it Stafford at QB?
And did the refs call Revis for any of his illegal contacts beyond 5 yards that he gets away with all the time that no other CBs do?

are you kidding? Charles Woodson gets away with that all the time.

scottyboy
10-09-2011, 10:12 AM
The Ravens are a surprise team to be in the playoffs? Who exactly did you expect was going to beat us out for a spot?

yeah, I've had the Ravens pegged to go deep in the playoffs if not Super Bowl since the preseason...

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 10:21 AM
yeah, I've had the Ravens pegged to go deep in the playoffs if not Super Bowl since the preseason...

With our improvements on both offense and defense, I think most people predicted us to contend for the division and at the very least, snag a wildcard spot. Barring a catastrophic injury to Rice, Flacco, Suggs or Ngata I'm not sure you can make an argument for many teams being more complete franchises.

scottyboy
10-09-2011, 10:29 AM
I actually didn't make predictions this year, but I had the Ravens winning that division from the start. Had the Steelers with the wild card, but I feel the Ravens are one of the most complete, well rounded teams in the NFL. My only real concern with them is they lack speed on O, outside of Torrey, but you can't count on a rookie...although he looked damn impressive the other week.

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 10:41 AM
I actually didn't make predictions this year, but I had the Ravens winning that division from the start. Had the Steelers with the wild card, but I feel the Ravens are one of the most complete, well rounded teams in the NFL. My only real concern with them is they lack speed on O, outside of Torrey, but you can't count on a rookie...although he looked damn impressive the other week.

Don't forget, we acquired Lee Evans as well and once he's healthy, hopefully him and Torrey can combine to give us an over the top presence and open some things up underneath for Boldin, Rice and the two young TE's, both of whom have looked stellar so far. Dickson, in particular, could be a star in the making. I've been very impressed with his progression this season.

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Hard to believe everyone here picked the Giants here..... do you change your minds after they can't win at home today vs the Seahawks?
But the Eagles lose to the Bills as well.

Dallas gains ground sitting.

Meanwhile, in DC, the Redskins are sitting pretty!

Hurricanes25
10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hard to believe everyone here picked the Giants here..... do you change your minds after they can't win at home today vs the Seahawks?But the Eagles lose to the Bills as well.

Dallas gains ground sitting.

Meanwhile, in DC, the Redskins are sitting pretty!

C'mon. It's one game pal.

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
C'mon. It's one game pal.
True. But now they're 5 games in, and you shouldn't lose home games to the Seahawks.
That W-L counts.... can't get it back. Those are W's you need to get.

scottyboy
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
stop pointing out stupid ****. Giants fans were pessimistic about this season. Yeah, it's embarassing to lose to the seahawks, but a lot of giants fans aren't putting them like 3rd seed like you guys. i'm not expecting the playoffs right now. i'm praying we sneak into a wildcard. Withou tuck and baas, our trench play is terrible in the run game (both sides) and Tuck is depserately needed for leadership

J-Mike88
10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Ravens
Saints
Chargers

Does anyone else have a real shot to go all the way?
The Giants had a magical run 4 years ago....

scottyboy
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Ravens
Saints
Chargers

Does anyone else have a real shot to go all the way?
The Giants had a magical run 4 years ago....

You seriously should probably just stop posting all together. Your posts are threats to lower people's IQ when they read a tread with them in it.

RaiderNation
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm liking the odds for the Raiders getting into the playoffs. We have 3 game stretch playing weak teams at home. The Browns, Chiefs and Broncos are all very winnable games for the Raiders plus there's a bye week in there. If we can win all 3 of those games I think we have a good chance to win the West. We also play at San Diego after those 3 games and that could turn out as the pivotal game to determining the winner in the division.

Bulldogs
10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I can't ******* believe that there are people who still haven't given up on Atlanta. Has Peter King taken over your accounts? Have you guys seen that offensive line? The NFC wild card looks wide open but the Falcons are not one of the teams that looks like a part of it.

AFC:

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Raiders
Bills
Chargers

NFC:

Packers
Saints
Giants
49ers
Lions
Bucs

I'm not saying the Falcons will make it, but I am here to guarantee the Bucs won't. I'm willing to throw down a sig bet that the Falcons make it over the Bucs, or neither make it at all.

J-Mike88
10-18-2011, 04:56 PM
You seriously should probably just stop posting all together. Your posts are threats to lower people's IQ when they read a tread with them in it.
I'm sorry, did you say something?

I actually didn't make predictions this year, but I had the Ravens winning that division from the start. Had the Steelers with the wild card..

So you didn't go on record with predictions, but you conveniently now say you had the Ravens winning that division. Perfect.
I'm sure you had the 49ers and Lions too, although you didn't make predictions.

You might fool some of the people here, but you don't fool everyone.

scottyboy
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry, did you say something?

So you didn't go on record with predictions, but you conveniently now say you had the Ravens winning that division. Perfect.
I'm sure you had the 49ers and Lions too, although you didn't make predictions.

You might fool some of the people here, but you don't fool everyone.

While I didn't come out an make predictions it's no secret that I'm a fan of the ravens
team. Probably has something to do with that guy who runs the ball for them and the
fact they have a good team... But nice try. That's one team I like and is doing well. And I still don't think the niners are good. I was talking more of your nonsense talking about the giants but yes, you see right through me. My ruse of loving raymell so I can say the ravens are good without stating it in a predictions thread

J-Mike88
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM

AFC:

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Raiders
Bills
Chargers

NFC:

Packers
Saints
Giants
49ers
Lions
Bucs

LOL @ ripping people with Atlanta making it, but you had the Bucs. And Bills.

OK, here we are with 3 weeks to go and some things are already clinched.
If the playoffs started today, here's how it looks:

AFC
#1- Houston
#2- Baltimore
#3- New England
#4- Denver
#5- Pittsburgh
#6- NY Jets
Wildcard would be Jets @ Patriots AGAIN, and Steelers @ Broncos

NFC
#1- Green Bay
#2- San Francisco
#3- New Orleans
#4- NY Giants
#5- Atlanta (Peter King must have taken over the NFL!)
#6- Detroit
Wildcard would be Detroit @ New Orleans, great, Saints win by 30, and Falcons at Giants.... Falcons suck on the road.

Would be Giants at Packers in NFCD round, scary first game for the Packers.

Bulldogs
12-12-2011, 06:39 PM

AFC:

Patriots
Ravens
Texans
Raiders
Bills
Chargers

NFC:

Packers
Saints
Giants
49ers
Lions
Bucs

Looks like I win this round.