PDA

View Full Version : Jordyzzzzz Ezzxtenzzzionnzzzzzz

no bare feet
10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32472350

On Zunday we dizczzed how Ted Thompzon waz not talking about a new contract with Packerz tight end Jermichael Finley. Perhapz that'z because he waz too buzy working out a deal with wideout Jordyzzzzz Nelzzzzonzzzzzz?

The Packerz wide receiver, in the final year of hiz current contract, zigned a three-year, $13.5 million extension, according to ESPN.

Nelzonzzzzz, who caught five ballzzzz for 91 yardzzz and a touchdown on Zunday in Green Bay'z blowout win over Denver, haz become an integral part of the Packerz pazzzing attack over the lazt year and change.

In 2010, he pozted a career high 582 yardzzzz and 45 catchezzzz in 16 gamez, four of which were ztartz
Hez on pace to zhatter those numberz in 2011, having accumulated 21 catchez and two touchdownz (tied for his career high) in 2011 already.

Nelson'z the second free agent to receive a deal zince the zeazon began -- guard Josz Zitton alzo received a contract from the Packerz that extended him through 2016.

All that'z left now for Thompzon in termz of locking up the core is lineman zcott Wellz and Finley. Depending on how the zeazon goez, we might not have zeen the lazt of Green Bay contractz

vidae
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I want to physically harm you for the way you wrote that.

niel89
10-03-2011, 12:16 PM
About damn time. He gives me an extension every week.

Even the bye weekzzz.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Jordy-Nelson-Super-Bowl-45-Drops.jpg

the new jesus
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Now if the Packers can keep Finley around they are set for the next few years on offense...

Hurricanes25
10-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I tried to read it but there are way too many zzzz!

He's a damn good player though.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 04:27 PM
I want to physically harm you for the way you wrote that.
Seconded.

Jordy deserved the deal, and could have made more on the open market so I'm glad he's sticking around. All Jordyzzz jokes aside he's been a great player for the Packers and is perfect for what Green Bay is doing.

Finley is up next but I don't expect him to be as easy to sign.

Caulibflower
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Finley is up next but I don't expect him to be as easy to sign.

I've got this feeling, too. I love watching Finley play, and I don't really have the idea that he's anything other than a good worker, but I do kinda have the feeling that he knows he's going to command a pretty big free agent contract, and he's going to go with the big contract rather than the best team. Maybe it's something about the way he left Texas. How many redshirt sophomore TEs jump to the NFL? I mean, it's not like he'd just had an insane season at Texas; he was just good, but a fantastic athlete. So...I dunno. The Packers are so good at drafting, (and really, Finley's about the third option anyways) I have a feeling that some other team is going to be willing to pay Finley a bit more, and Finley's going to take it rather than spend his career with Aaron Rodgers. Which is disappointing to me, because I think he could go down as an all-timer at tight end if he stays in that offense, but for some reason I can also see him being a free agent bust. You have to give a lot of credit to the Packers organization for the success of their players.

PACKmanN
10-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I've got this feeling, too. I love watching Finley play, and I don't really have the idea that he's anything other than a good worker, but I do kinda have the feeling that he knows he's going to command a pretty big free agent contract, and he's going to go with the big contract rather than the best team. Maybe it's something about the way he left Texas. How many redshirt sophomore TEs jump to the NFL? I mean, it's not like he'd just had an insane season at Texas; he was just good, but a fantastic athlete. So...I dunno. The Packers are so good at drafting, (and really, Finley's about the third option anyways) I have a feeling that some other team is going to be willing to pay Finley a bit more, and Finley's going to take it rather than spend his career with Aaron Rodgers. Which is disappointing to me, because I think he could go down as an all-timer at tight end if he stays in that offense, but for some reason I can also see him being a free agent bust. You have to give a lot of credit to the Packers organization for the success of their players.

He has to be a hard work. When Finely came to the Packers as a rookie he was raw, had a huge ego, and wasn`t as dedicated to the dirty work of his position.

Since then, he became a better route runner and catcher, matured around guys like Driver and Rodgers, and became an improved blocker.

He is the type of guy who loves to run his mouth and be on a team that is a winner. His persona is a lot like Winslow`s.

I have no doubt in saying he will become the highest paid TE once he signs his contract

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I think he has the mentality that he never gets the kind of recognition that he deserves, and that is probably where he is today but it motivates him to continue to work. He wasn't a stand out at Texas, he wasn't a high draft pick, and is on one of the most weapon heavy offenses in the league but isn't the first option. He probably has a chip on his shoulder and once a team has a chance to throw those dollar signs in front of him, I have a feeling he will jump at it just to say he finally did it. He's been a hard worker for the Packers from everything I've read but his comments also suggest he wants to be the featured weapon on an offense similar to what Gates was. He isn't going to get that type of attention in Green Bay or the amount of targets he may want even though he means more to our offense than his numbers suggest and that's what we have to sell him on. He'll still have the big games, the 3 TD performances but he's always struck me as a guy who wants all eyes on him at all times because he knows he's capable of playing at the highest level in this league.

I want to pay him, I want to keep him around, but there is going to be a point in negotiations where I feel like the Packers front office is going to start asking themselves if he is worth it with the kind of money I think he's going to demand.

Hell of a player, though.

cvv84
10-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I think we want to pay Finley but we want him to prove that he can stay healthy first. If it gets to past the deadline to extend him and we have to use the franchise tag on him I think it could get ugly ala Javon Walker.

tjsunstein, you mention that you think he wants to be featured like Gates is in San Diego but keep in mind that right now, here in the 2011-12 season, that Finley is on pace for 72 catches, 936 yards and 12 TDs. Which is a typical Gates season. He wan on pace for a simular line last season as well before he got hurt.

But as for Jordy Nelson, I'm very glad that he's locked up. Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, and hopefully Finley will make Rodgers very happy for the next 3-4 years. He's stepped into that #2 role this year just as planned. Just a shame that we don't have enough targets for all our weapons on offense.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
tjsunstein, you mention that you think he wants to be featured like Gates is in San Diego but keep in mind that right now, here in the 2011-12 season, that Finley is on pace for 72 catches, 936 yards and 12 TDs. Which is a typical Gates season. He wan on pace for a simular line last season as well before he got hurt.
Even those his stat line suggests he will have a Gates' like season, something tells me he won't be satisfied until the media feeds his ego*.

TACKLE
10-03-2011, 05:48 PM
The Packerz wide receiver, in the final year of hiz current contract, zigned a three-year, $13.5 million extension, according to ESPN.

*EZPN

nice try tho.

CC.SD
10-03-2011, 05:55 PM
http://ca.pbsstatic.com/l/51/3051/9780613123051.jpg

Congratulationzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

descendency
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Is this before or after he has innnjuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ezzzzzzzzzzzz?????

cvv84
10-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Even those his stat line suggests he will have a Gates' like season, something tells me he won't be satisfied until the media feeds his ego*.

I wouldn't even say that. Everyone know's how talented he is what he's capable of in our offense. He gets his due in the media but IMO its his health thats the concern. If he can stay healthy for a full season he's capable of putting up big numbers and in return will get the attention that he seeks. Its no different if he plays in Green Bay or goes somewhere else.