PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Tight End Class: Who You Got?

Flyboy
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
2010's draft class of tight ends has produced an abundance of young talent in the league right now... who would you take if you had to select only one?

vidae
10-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Gronk or Graham with a homer shoutout to my boy TonyMo!

ElectricEye
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm not going to vote, but let it be known Gronk is a heck of an all around player. Easily one of the better blockers on the team and a large part of why we've run the ball better the past few years. He's played every snap in the past couple of games because of all the things he can do in run blocking and pass protection. His receiving production is also hurt a little bit by Hernandez being there. Great thing to have for the team, not so great for putting up numbers. But we split him out wide a few weeks ago and he put up a hundred yards with a 40 yard play that got called back for a hold. He's actually had that happen more than once this year, even. Really can't say enough about how good he's been.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Gronkowski over Graham but it was close.

yo123
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Gronk, but Hernandez is closer than people think.

ElectricEye
10-03-2011, 06:50 PM
It's a very strong class overall. I was high on pretty much every single one of those guys sans Moeaki.

A Perfect Score
10-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I loved Jermaine Gresham so much as a prospect, Ive still got faith that he can be an elite playmaker in the NFL.

cmarq83
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Gronk, but Hernandez is closer than people think.

I watch the 2 every week, but really it's not that close. Gronk is a lot better than Hernandez.

BRAVEHEART
10-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Gronk, he's the most well-rounded of the group.

descendency
10-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Hernandez won't get many votes as most patriots fans realize that Gronkowski is the better TE, but Hernandez is basically the Patriots second best receiver between the 20s. (#1 being Welker).

Those 3 players are the Patriots only decent receivers somehow this year. (Where did 85 and 84 go???)

fenikz
10-03-2011, 07:15 PM
i change my vote to Jimmy Graham, damn me not reading all the selections

Hurricanes25
10-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Gronk, Graham, Hernandez, in that order.

Remember, Jimmy Graham is still only in his 3rd year playing football. The guy has developed quickly.

Splat
10-03-2011, 07:49 PM
I watch the 2 every week, but really it's not that close. Gronk is a lot better than Hernandez.

Agreed. While I like Hernanez he is not even the best TE on his own team and yet he still gets all the love.

yo123
10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Agreed. While I like Hernanez he is not even the best TE on his own team and yet he still gets all the love.

What? Gronk gets more love than him. Especially since Hernandez has been hurt.

DanZilla
10-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Its crazy that Gronk and Hernandez are on the same team. It always seems like New England gets lucky everytime lol

needled24_7
10-04-2011, 12:10 AM
think Gronkowski is the best of the bunch, but does anyone think Gresham wouldn't be putting up as good or better numbers if he had Brees or Brady throwing to him?

descendency
10-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Its crazy that Gronk and Hernandez are on the same team. It always seems like New England gets lucky everytime lol

I still don't understand why Hernandez was in round 4. I had him pegged as the 3rd best TE... a solid 2nd round grade. He clearly was a mismatch waiting to happen in the NFL. The only reason why I could see him falling is that he's young and (I don't know him but I know what it is to be young) maybe he is "immature".

niel89
10-04-2011, 12:41 AM
I would probably still take Gresham. I respect what Grok has down but I also think that he has had great early returns because he is on a great team who is using his abilities wonderfully. I'm not saying that he isn't good but being with Brady and Belichick really is a great situation. Same with Graham also, great player but Brees makes him look even better. Put Gresham on those teams and he puts up better numbers probably.

Btw wow 6 starting quality TEs from that draft.

needled24_7
10-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Pitta on the ravens has a chance to be a quality back up at the least.

niel89
10-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Pitta on the ravens has a chance to be a quality back up at the least.

Pitta is a real solid TE to pair with Dickson. I wouldn't be upset if he was our starter instead of Dickson.

Pat Sims 90
10-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Gresham is still the best one out of the class. It just hurts him that the Bengals have a ****** coaching staff and a rookie QB throwing to him.

nepg
10-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Gresham is still the best one out of the class. It just hurts him that the Bengals have a ****** coaching staff and a rookie QB throwing to him.
None of those things are true.

Pat Sims 90
10-04-2011, 01:18 AM

If Gresham had a elite QB throwing to him he would be putting up Gates like numbers. Gronkowski would be lucky to get 5 TDs in a season if he was on the Bengals. If you don't think the Coaching on the Bengals is awful you must be on Crack.

tjsunstein
10-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Well I guess the rookie QB throwing to him is kind of true. The rest can be referenced to my sig.

soybean
10-04-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm not going to vote, but let it be known Gronk is a heck of an all around player. Easily one of the better blockers on the team and a large part of why we've run the ball better the past few years. He's played every snap in the past couple of games because of all the things he can do in run blocking and pass protection. His receiving production is also hurt a little bit by Hernandez being there. Great thing to have for the team, not so great for putting up numbers. But we split him out wide a few weeks ago and he put up a hundred yards with a 40 yard play that got called back for a hold. He's actually had that happen more than once this year, even. Really can't say enough about how good he's been.

http://www.posters.ws/images/846918/i_m_here_about_blow_job.jpg