PDA

View Full Version : ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. after he compares Obama to Hitler

Splat
10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
ESPN pulls Hank Williams Jr. after he compares Obama to Hitler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/ESPN-pulls-Hank-Williams-Jr-after-he-compares-O?urn=nfl-wp8592)

Breed
10-03-2011, 07:34 PM
what an idiot

nepg
10-03-2011, 07:35 PM
NOOOO

This probably means we get Toby Keith. FUUCK I mean, they're both terrible, but at least Hank Jr. had some nostalgia factor.

tjsunstein
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Walking the fine line of talking politics and not, I don't think it was necessary to pull the song that's been so connected with MNF but I understand it.

I certainly wouldn't mind more Faith Hill before my football.

yodabear
10-04-2011, 01:35 AM
He appears to be drunk of his ass or something.

tjsunstein
10-04-2011, 01:38 AM
He appears to be drunk of his ass or something.
I think it's the something combined with the drunk.

JHL6719
10-04-2011, 01:40 AM
You just can't say things like that, Hank. What were you thinking?

What an insult to Hitler...

yo123
10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah this thread is going places.

BRAVEHEART
10-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Good riddance, we need less of these backwoods hillbilly fools on television anyway.

This was always the best Football intro song, let's just play this instead.

M2FvYkakVb8

yodabear
10-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah this thread is going places.

Had to see a comment like the one prior to yours coming. SMH.

bam bam
10-04-2011, 04:53 AM
This is America, free and brave. People are not allowed to have opinions. Violating the opinion comfort zone publicly gets you punished. People here are too fragile to put up with somebody saying something inflammatory. To prevent people from making Hitler comparisons we must make like Hitler and silence them. And to be free you gotta be unfree. Its like, a zen thing, man.

General Zod
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/tgf_in_before_the_lock_shirt-p2357001193192093163gli_400.jpg

SolidGold
10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Good riddance, we need less of these backwoods hillbilly fools on television anyway.

This was always the best Football intro song, let's just play this instead.

M2FvYkakVb8

lol your guilty as the same thing as Hank Williams...insulting others!!!

killxswitch
10-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I didn't take that as him comparing Obama to Hitler. He was coming up with an unlikely pair. Netanyahu is the leader of the largest and most-overtly Jewish nation in the world. Hitler hated and tried to exterminate Jews. There is no set of men in history less likely to spend time together.

He used hyperbole to make a point. People do it all the time. He did not say "Obama is like Hitler". What are people getting upset about?

bucfan12
10-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Last night they said they pulled it for yesterdays game. I'm pretty sure he's gone for good now?

SolidGold
10-04-2011, 09:48 AM
ESPN is owned by ABC. They are hypersensitive about any criticism to the current president. They over cover everything about Obama's love for sports, moreso than any other president I can remember.

CC.SD
10-04-2011, 09:50 AM
ESPN is owned by ABC. They are hypersensitive about any criticism to the current president. They over cover everything about Obama's love for sports, moreso than any other president I can remember.

Hey guess what, it's not hypersensitive to not want one of your station's personalities comparing the president to Hitler, it is called practicality and business sense.

SolidGold
10-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey guess what, it's not hypersensitive to not want one of your station's personalities comparing the president to Hitler, it is called practicality and business sense.

To be honest with you I didn't know anything about it until it was reported by ESPN. They made the story out of it by posting it on their front page and announcing it on Sportscenter.

CC.SD
10-04-2011, 10:01 AM
To be honest with you I didn't know anything about it until it was reported by ESPN. They made the story out of it by posting it on their front page and announcing it on Sportscenter.

Yeahhh I'm a little iffy here, I mean your employee is referencing nazis/obama on national television it's not something you can cross your fingers and hope no one is watching the news on. I don't really feel strongly either way, I'd be disappointed if Hank didn't have some idiocy in him tbh.

killxswitch
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Per the story linked in the OP, he didn't compare Obama to Hitler.

CC.SD
10-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Per the story linked in the OP, he didn't compare Obama to Hitler.

Well I mean it was a simile. He said Obama and Boehner golfing together was like Hitler and Netanyahu golfing together, natural enemies.

It's not even that offensive but we're still living in a world where Hitler killed 6 million jews 60 something years ago, is it really that hard not to directly reference him when you're talking about the president? ESPN can do whatever they want with their broadcast.

SuperMcGee
10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
They should just play more of those Slipknot riffs to fill the musical gaps.

Babylon
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
No matter what your leanings are you dont make Hitler referances about the president. Guys like Williams and Ted Nugent need to have a little respect for people.