30. New England Patriots (From New Orleans): Mark Barron S Alabama
31. New England Patriots: Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
32. Green Bay Packers: Stephan Gilmore CB South Carolina

vidae
10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Good KC pick.

killxswitch
10-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I doubt the Colts would pass on a QB at that spot. I like Kalil obviously but we have our OTs of the future. We don't even know if we have our QB of next year.

johanns21
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I doubt the Colts would pass on a QB at that spot. I like Kalil obviously but we have our OTs of the future. We don't even know if we have our QB of next year.

That's understandable. If Peyton isn't able to go, then the pick would change. But right now I think that is the best player for their team.

If the Colts don't go QB at #3, then who do you think they go with?

killxswitch
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
That's a tough one. They could take Jeffrey though I wouldn't want that. Coples is a possibility but I am wary of him that high. If they don't go QB at that spot I think it's a tossup between Kalil and Jeffrey.

Robcards
10-04-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm noticing some trends on these forums...

1. Indy going Kalil and KC going QB, when it's probably going to be the opposite.
2. Jeffery rated higher than Blackmon, which just isn't the case anywhere you look Blackmon is rated higher.
3. Love affair with Vontaze Burfict. He's the #4 rated ILB currently, I mean his value can definitely go up, but I just don't see it going up that much.
4. Undervaluing Coples. This one isn't that bad but even #4 is too low for this guy. Best defensive player in the draft by far, it isn't even close.

Why is that? Where is everyone here finding their prospect rankings?

Also as a Jets fan I must tell you that NT is a bigger hole for us than OLB, although Upshaw would be nice, I don't think Thomas' contract is up next year and Pace's definitely isn't.

Why do you have Hosley rated so high as well? There are at least 6 CBs I can name off the top of my head rated higher (Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Claiborne, Harris, Jenkins, Gilmore)

johanns21
10-04-2011, 02:03 PM

1. Indy going Kalil and KC going QB, when it's probably going to be the opposite.
2. Jeffery rated higher than Blackmon, which just isn't the case anywhere you look Blackmon is rated higher.
3. Love affair with Vontaze Burfict. He's the #4 rated ILB currently, I mean his value can definitely go up, but I just don't see it going up that much.
4. Undervaluing Coples. This one isn't that bad but even #4 is too low for this guy. Best defensive player in the draft by far, it isn't even close.

Also as a Jets fan I must tell you that NT is a bigger hole for us than OLB, although Upshaw would be nice, I don't think Thomas' contract is up next year and Pace's definitely isn't.

Why do you have Hosley rated so high as well? There are at least 6 CBs I can name off the top of my head rated higher (Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Claiborne, Harris, Jenkins, Gilmore)

1. I'm not opposed to Indy going QB, but it's safe to assume that Peyton will be back, so at that position in the draft, Kalil might be the best option.
2. I actually have Blackmon going #2 and Jeffrey going #10
3. I think Vontaze is right there with Te'o as the top ILB/MLB in the draft. Keachely is right behind. IMO
4. Coples goes #4 in this draft.

NT is a possibility, but they just drafted Kendric Ellis in the 3rd round last year. I'd have to admit that I haven't followed them much this year, but unless he is a complete bust, don't you think that they'll give him a shot? I know their d-line has issues, but I felt that Upshaw was a great value there and at a need position.

I'm a big fan of Hosley. He had 9 picks last year, and against Clemson this past weekend he helped contain Watkins and Hopkins to less than 50 yards combined and he got a pick. I think these CBs are all a lot closer than we all think. But thats just my opinion.

K Train
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM
chase, dennard, or glenn would have to be the steelers pick imo

Robcards
10-04-2011, 02:51 PM
NT is a possibility, but they just drafted Kendric Ellis in the 3rd round last year. I'd have to admit that I haven't followed them much this year, but unless he is a complete bust, don't you think that they'll give him a shot? I know their d-line has issues, but I felt that Upshaw was a great value there and at a need position.

Ellis did not look good in pre-season and has been replaced on the depth chart by Dixon who is more of a pass rushing DT, and as I already said Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace will be coming back next year unless there's a trade or surprise drop. The Jets probable holes next year will be: LG, NT, WR and I see them going through free agency for the LG and WR. Possible holes are RG, RT, HB, or we could just give up on Sanchez, but I doubt thatll happen until 2013.

Pat Sims 90
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't see the Bengals taking a RT in the 1st round unless they decide to give up on Andre Smith and realse him. The Bengals also just gave Whitworth a extension. Biggest Needs for the Bengals right now are CB, S, RB, or OG.

indyfan1985
10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Very good Colts pick. Having Kalil at LT, Costanzo at RT, and Ijalana at OG would make this OL stud!

indyfan1985
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM

I disagree with your Indy/KC theory. Unless they have the ability to draft Luck, they will not take a QB round 1 unless Peyton can absolutely not play anymore in this league due to injury.

Better off adding another piece to this OL making it one one of the best young groups in the league.

Babylon
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
The debate for the Rams between a WR and a great OT like Kalil would be interesting. Although i think they'll win a few i'm more inclined to give them a Pro Bowl caliber tackle over what they have there now.

Always like seeing the Seahawks in that catbird seat.

Rabscuttle
10-04-2011, 04:57 PM
The Minnifield pick is nice. Could also live with Dennard or Lester the way your board falls.

Robcards
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I disagree with your Indy/KC theory. Unless they have the ability to draft Luck, they will not take a QB round 1 unless Peyton can absolutely not play anymore in this league due to injury.

Better off adding another piece to this OL making it one one of the best young groups in the league.

Do they even need OL? I thought their OL was one of the best in the league... Also, Mannings future is not looking good, best case scenario is they have him 2012 season (at probably 80% of his old self) and MAYBE 2013. They need a QB and they need a QB now.

vidae
10-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Our OL is pretty good right now so I don't see us taking Kalil at all.

DiG
10-05-2011, 08:55 AM
i can dig that skins pick.

K Train
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
I don't see the Bengals taking a RT in the 1st round unless they decide to give up on Andre Smith and realse him. The Bengals also just gave Whitworth a extension. Biggest Needs for the Bengals right now are CB, S, RB, or OG.

wouldnt you think theyd move smith to guard before just releasing him? i always thought hes be a monster guard if he ate himself out of tackle

killxswitch
10-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Do they even need OL? I thought their OL was one of the best in the league... Also, Mannings future is not looking good, best case scenario is they have him 2012 season (at probably 80% of his old self) and MAYBE 2013. They need a QB and they need a QB now.

I would rather take a QB so I agree with you there, but no way, our line is not one of the best in the league. We have 3 guys that PROBABLY have a future on the OL. All three are first year players, and two of them just got hurt on Monday night. Ijalana is done for the season and Castonzo was on crutches after the game. The Colts OL hasn't been good since 2006.

FootballGod
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM

I second this ^