PDA

View Full Version : Shylo3716 First Mock

shylo3716
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I actually been waiting all along for week 4 of the season to start my mock, because things will shape up more with projections..... Constructive criticism is encouraged, so please don't just say it's a bad pick without an explanation. Feel free to give me a valid reason to which direction to go in to produce a better next mock.

Projected Standings are from ESPN
http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/group/1

1. Indianapolis - Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. Minnesota - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
3. St. Louis - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
4. Miami - Matt Barkley QB USC
5. Kansas City - Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
6. Carolina - Quinton Coples DE UNC
7. Philadelphia - Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame
8. Denver - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama
9. Arizona - Matt Kalil OT USC
10. Jacksonville - Morris Claiborne CB LSU
11. Seattle - Landry Jones QB Oklahoma
12. Pittsburgh - Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
13. NYJ - Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
14. Cleveland (via Atlanta) - Riley Reiff OT Iowa
15. Cleveland - Donte Paige-Moss DE UNC
16. Dallas - Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
17. Chicago - David DeCastro OG Stanford
18. Oakland - Zach Brown LB UNC
19. Cincinnati - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
20. New England (via New Orleans) - Jared Crick DT Nebraska
21. Tampa Bay - Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
22. San Diego - Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
23. San Francisco - Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
24. Baltimore - Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
25. NYG - Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
26. Houston - Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
27. Washington - Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
28. New England - Brandon Jenkins LB FSU
29. Tennessee - Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
30. Detroit - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
31. Buffalo - Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
32. Green Bay - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson

vidae
10-04-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm really not a fan of Landry Jones at all. If we're picking a QB there, and Luck and Barkley are gone, give us RG3.

shylo3716
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm really not a fan of Landry Jones at all. If we're picking a QB there, and Luck and Barkley are gone, give us RG3.

I was contemplating hard on RG3, but thought that it may be too high for him......Swapping picks now.

Thank you!

hawkeye123
10-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Minnifield is an alright pick, would prefer Gilmore however. LT, S, 3-4 DE, and NT are other needs.

Pat Sims 90
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Not a big fan of Dennard but CB is a big need.

shylo3716
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Please take these picks in account for how the standings currently are, I did not project these myself so work with me here LOL

Hines
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I LOVE Burfict, but I'd take DeCastro and Kirkpatrick over him any day.

indyfan1985
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Great pick for the Colts in getting their future in Andrew Luck. 2nd round we would then go with either the big NT from Washington, or maybe the top Safety like Robert Lester or TJ McDonald.

Matthew Jones
10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Where is Lamar Miller?

vidae
10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
I was contemplating hard on RG3, but thought that it may be too high for him......Swapping picks now.

Thank you!

Orgasmic pick change my good man!

shylo3716
10-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Where is Lamar Miller?

I know you want to ride me so hard for praising him as a 1st rounder and not mocking him myself. I still believe he is a 1st rounder, but as you can see I don't incorporate trades. He has pretty good value, but I don't see him inside the top 15 just yet and the teams projected in the 20s don't need a RB. Cleveland is where I wanted to mock him, but there picks are too high as of right now.
If you take account to the times where I were saying he should be in peoples mocks it was the first 2 weeks of the season to where teams did not have a true positional standing because Cleveland's, Atlanta pick was in the later part of the round.

DiG
10-05-2011, 08:49 AM
dont like the fuller pick. he isn't a good fit for our offensive scheme and he has really disappointed so far this year. has dropped off from last year and i expect to see him more as a 2-3 round guy. would rather have an interior lineman in the late first. maybe an inside linebacker to eventually take fletchers spot.

shylo3716
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Anymore constructive feedback?

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 09:17 PM
DE is fine but Paige-Moss does not look like a first round pick to me. And...Browns need depth at DE but not sure they would use a mid round 1st on one.

shylo3716
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
DE is fine but Paige-Moss does not look like a first round pick to me. And...Browns need depth at DE but not sure they would use a mid round 1st on one.

I wanted to give you guys Lamar Miller, but that would be too high for him right now.

K Train
10-05-2011, 10:39 PM
12 for the steelers stings bad.

BUT YEAH BABY GIVE ME SOME TAZE

Razor
10-06-2011, 04:39 AM
If you're projecting the Patriots to return to the 3-4 I get why you're drafting the way you are. The problem is, hoewever, that I don't think we're returning to the 3-4. Even if we were, Jared Crick wouldn't be a good selection. He's not a two gap 3-4 DL, he's more of a one gap type. I'd love to get Kuechly there, Devin Taylor or even Jayron Hosley which would allow us to move Dowling to safety. Brandon Jenkins is another good player that just isn't a very good fit in NE. We need pass rush in the worst way, but Jenkins isn't the answer imo. Peter Konz looks like a good prospect, I'd take him there in this scenario.

nepg
10-06-2011, 04:46 AM
I'd have the Pats taking a S with one of those picks if they have the pick of the litter...

Razor
10-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Me too, but I'm starting to doubt whether there's a safety with first round ability this year. I think we can get a pretty decent safety with our first second rounder. I'm thinking Markelle Martin or someone like that.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I know you want to ride me so hard for praising him as a 1st rounder and not mocking him myself. I still believe he is a 1st rounder, but as you can see I don't incorporate trades. He has pretty good value, but I don't see him inside the top 15 just yet and the teams projected in the 20s don't need a RB. Cleveland is where I wanted to mock him, but there picks are too high as of right now.
If you take account to the times where I were saying he should be in peoples mocks it was the first 2 weeks of the season to where teams did not have a true positional standing because Cleveland's, Atlanta pick was in the later part of the round.

Well just Mock him next go round....It is killing me not seeing him with the year he is having.

shylo3716
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Well just Mock him next go round....It is killing me not seeing him with the year he is having.

Lol no question about it, will do! Hopefully things will shape up a bit during the season to where I can project which team needs a RB in the later part of the 1st.

Robcards
10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Nice pick for the Jets, however you're smoking crack if you think the Jets will have the 13th pick lol understand you just used the current standings, but that is ridiculous as the Jets have an easy schedule after the Pats this week.

Oh and LOL @ Bills going to the super bowl. Ravens are 3-1 and have played much tougher teams.

shylo3716
10-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Nice pick for the Jets, however you're smoking crack if you think the Jets will have the 13th pick lol understand you just used the current standings, but that is ridiculous as the Jets have an easy schedule after the Pats this week.

Oh and LOL @ Bills going to the super bowl. Ravens are 3-1 and have played much tougher teams.

I don't see it either, but I am trying to be as accurate as I can with the projected standings.

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Disappointed to see only a list and no descriptions/reasoning for each pick.

shylo3716
10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Disappointed to see only a list and no descriptions/reasoning for each pick.

Ask & I'll glady give an explanation for which ever pick I can the best of my ability. Quite a few other people did not give explanations. Don't single me out.

Menardo75
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Great niner pick.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-10-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm a bit meh on the Fuller pick don't hate it, don't like it either. Don't really think it's good value and he brings no added dimension. After drafting Niles Paul and Hankerson and having Moss, Armstrong, Gaffney, and Banks unless we get Blackmon or Jeffery I don't think we go WR, although I wouldnt' have minded if Floyd dropped one spot to us. Cordy Glenn would be the ideal pick there and would fill a massive need.

prock
10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
I would be very much disappointed if the Vikings didn't take Kalil with the second pick.

SickwithIt1010
10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I can dig that eagles pick.

shylo3716
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I can dig that eagles pick.

Thanks man....I at least try to be spot on.