PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 6.0

RaiderNation
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Used ESPN's power rankings, making just a few minor adjustments to the order. Questions and comments are welcomed...

1 Miami Dolphins- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
Itís only a matter of time before Sparano will be fired. Luck will come in with a new coaching staff, and have some solid weapons with Marshall, Bush and others.

2 St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
The Rams may have the toughest 1st half to their schedule, still having to play the Packers and Cowboys after this bye week. Bradford needs a go-to WR, and Blackmon definitely has the tools to become one.

3 Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil OT USC*
McNabbís time is almost up, and Ponder will have to come in earlier than anticipated. They have issues along the line and drafting a elite LT prospect like Kalil to replace Charlie Johnson would be ideal.

4 Indianapolis Colts- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
It is starting to look like Peyton will not comeback this season, giving the Colts a bad record. Martin isnít the dominant blocker like Kalil, but has shown the ability to be an effective pass blocker for Stanford.

5 Kansas City Chiefs- Matt Barkley QB USC*
Cassel is showing his true colors and a new Head Coach could be brought in if major improvements arenít made. Barkley is a legit franchise QB prospect that has made huge strides so far into his Junior season.

6 Denver Broncos- Quinton Coples DE UNC
Denver is once again struggling on defense, giving up the 26th most rushing yards and 24th in pass defense. Coples is a efficient pass rusher and run defender and is the type of player you can build your team around.

7 Jacksonville Jaguars- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
Gabbert has looked alright but not having a big play threat at WR will limit this throws. Jeffery has elite size for a WR and can develop into a great redzone/jumball player to pair with Gabbert.

8 Seattle Seahawks- Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*
Tavaris Jackson will not lead this team to many victories this year, likely forcing Carrol to go QB here. Barkley would be Carrolís ideal guy, but Griffin fitís the type of QB Carrol is looking to build his offense around.

9 Carolina Panthers- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
With Blackmon and Jeffery off the board, the Panthers will likely look to the other side of the ball for help. Claiborne would give the Panthers major improvement at CB, and is the top CB prospect in the draft.

10 Arizona Cardinals- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
Protecting your $65 Million investment should be a major priority for the Cardinals once the draft comes around. Reiff is a mauler in the run offense and would be a instant starter at either LT or RT.

11 Cleveland Browns- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
Joe Haden is the only starting caliber CB on the Browns roster. Kirkpatrick has excellent size and speed and would Cleveland one of the best young duoís at CB in the NFL.

12 Cincinnati Bengals- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
With Claiborne and Kirkpatrick off the board, the Bengals look to add another young weapon to go along with Green and Gresham. Richardson would be a big upgrade over Benson and IMO will be a much better NFL player than his former teammate Mark Ingram.

13 Philadelphia Eagles- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
The Eagles are having major issues stopping the run, some of the blame is because of the scheme and other is the bad LB play. Burfict is a terror at ILB and would make Casey Matthews slide to his more natural NFL position at OLB.

14 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
McCoy has looked solid this year but even though they have a few decent young WRs, they still need that go-to WR. Floyd is a physical WR that has some character issues, but if he stays out of trouble he can be a Hakeem Nicks type WR.

15 Chicago Bears- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
Cutler isnít going to last much longer if the oline plays doesnít improve. DeCastro is a legit top 20 prospect that could be a All Pro at OG and would most certainly be an instant starter for the Bears.

16 Dallas Cowboys- Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
The Cowboys have some major issues in the secondary and drafting a playmaker like Hosley to play CB and/or FS would be great. Hosley is a ball hawk who already has 3 INTs this year to go along with 9 in the previous season.

17 San Francisco 49ers- Jared Crick DL Nebraska
Harbaugh has the 49ers playing hard on both sides of the ball, even if it isnít always pretty. They still need to add depth and talent along the dline, and Crick would be a great fit at DE in their 3-4 scheme.

18 Oakland Raiders- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
Once again the Raiders defense cannot stop the run, and if it doesnít get solved soon some reinforcements will need to be brought in. Worthy is a very talented DT that could learn from Seymour and Kelly and join in on the 8 man rotation.

19 New York Jets- Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina*
The Jets defense has been one of the most feared units in the league, but one area they have resisted to address is OLB. Adding a pass rusher like Taylor, who reminds me of Aldon Smith of last year would be a nice fit.

20 Pittsburgh Steelers- DJ Fluker OT Alabama**
Similarly to the Bears, the Steelers better start upgrading along the oline before Big Ben suffers a serious injury. Fluker is a high potential Redshirt Sophomore that can play LT or RT in the NFL.

21 Washington Redskins- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
I am still not buying the Redskins as a playoff team, but they have certainly performed better than I thought. I still donít think Shanahan believes Grossman is the QB he wants to build around, and Jones could develop for a year before he is ready to play.

22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
I really like the Bucs young team but one area they are old at is CB opposite of Talib. Barber is 36 now so adding a replacement like Dennard, who might be as talented as his former teammate and top 20 pick Prince Amukamara.

23 New York Giants- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
Even with the injuries the Giants are still playing very well. Once everybody heals up though the lack of talent at LB will be glaring so adding a tackling machine like Kuechly could be a ideal fit.

24 Buffalo Bills- Cordy Glenn OL Georgia
The Bills finally fell to earth losing to the Bengals last week. They still need to find a real starter at RT and adding a big, experienced blocker like Glenn could only improve this explosive offense.

25 Tennessee Titans- Manti Teío LB Notre Dame*
The Titans team as a whole has played very solid for far this season. Upgrading at ILB though could only improve this talented defense, and Teíoís value here is perfect and he would give them a tackling machine inside.

26 San Diego Chargers- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
The schedule has been very nice to the Chargers early on in the season, but once they start to play the more talented teams I expect their pass rush to be exposed. Jenkins is a nice fit in the 3-4 defense and put up an impressive 13.5 sacks last year.

27 Houston Texans- TJ McDonald SS USC*
Houstonís defense has improved drastically this year, making the Steelers offense put up only 10 points last week. They still need to add a starting caliber SS though, and McDonald has the genes of a Pro Bowl player.

28 Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
The Baltimore defense is once again one of the best units in the league, but other than Terrell Suggs they donít have a consistent pass rusher. Upshaw is the type of prospect the Ravens usually draft, being an experienced 3-4 player that has good production.

29 Detroit Lions- Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama
The Lions took a risk last April when Nick Fairley dropped into their laps, and if Jenkins slides the same situation could occur. Jenkins like Fairley, had some character issues but is undoubtedly a starting caliber player in the NFL.

30 New England Patriots- Michael Brewster C Ohio State
New Englandís oline dominated the Raiders dline, allowing little pressure to Tom Brady when he was making his throws. But with Koppenís injury the Patriots could look to continue adding young talent to the oline with Brewster here.

31 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Robert Lester DB Alabama*
In every game this year the Patriots pass defense has been exposed and beat deep. Adding a talented player like Lester, who could potentially play FS or SS in the NFL should help them replace Meriweather.

32 Green Bay Packers- Brandon Thompson DL Clemson
The Packers offense once again showed the NFL how dominant the are, putting up 49 points last week. They still have a hole at DE with Cullen Jenkins gone, and adding a pass rusher like Thompson could be a good fit.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I've said it in every other mock draft and I'll say it here. Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace will be the Jets OLBs in 2012 as well. Jets go OG or NT 1st round

tjsunstein
10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Still not my favorite prospect but still a need. Good job, nice all around effort.

Pat Sims 90
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I am fine with Richardson with what is left on the board.

vidae
10-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Great KC pick.

T-RICH49
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I Like Barkley

marshallb
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Perfect Vikings pick, and I like what would be available for us in round 2, with a few WRs, strong CBs, and a couple good interior OL.

DiG
10-05-2011, 03:35 PM
not all that crazy at this point on landry but that could change. pick makes sense is what matters.

RaiderNation
10-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I've said it in every other mock draft and I'll say it here. Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace will be the Jets OLBs in 2012 as well. Jets go OG or NT 1st round

If that's the case then I really don't see your defense being good enough for you guys to make a superbowl run. Every good 3-4 defense has a consistent pass rusher from the edge, and I just don't see one on your team

Matthew Jones
10-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Both seem like reaches but you hit some major needs for the Patriots, and as much as I would like them to draft a pass rusher they might pass. Then again, Belichick would have to be delusional to think this team rushes the passer effectively enough to avoid investing, and now that they're running more 4-3 it's not as difficult to project players.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 06:03 PM
If that's the case then I really don't see your defense being good enough for you guys to make a superbowl run. Every good 3-4 defense has a consistent pass rusher from the edge, and I just don't see one on your team

Bryan Thomas was a 4-3 pass rushing DE we converted to OLB when we converted to 3-4 FYI. Obv he's not the best pass rusher but we make up for our lack of pass rush with our secondary, most of the Jets sacks are coverage sacks. Quite simply our run defense is suspect and our pass defense is world class. Obviously it depends on who we get from free agency but the jets priorities are: LG, NT, RT, OLB, HB, WR

They will draft an OLB but the first round is where you draft someone who will be starting and an OLB wouldn't start over Thomas and Pace. Depending on what happens with Burress, Mason, and LT try might draft a WR or HB too

FootballGod
10-06-2011, 06:05 AM
If the Bengals end up picking that high in the first then Richardson seems to be the obvious pick with that was left on the board. Great job!

RaiderNation
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
If the Bengals end up picking that high in the first then Richardson seems to be the obvious pick with that was left on the board. Great job!

Richardson on the Bengals just makes too much sense to me, especially in the division you play in. He could give you guys the most talented RB in the division and as long as Dalton and Green keep improving you guys might be able to make some noise.

Robcards
10-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Richardson on the Bengals just makes too much sense to me, especially in the division you play in. He could give you guys the most talented RB in the division and as long as Dalton and Green keep improving you guys might be able to make some noise.

o.O that's a pretty bold statement, granted Mendenhall hasn't looked great this year, I doubt Richardson will be better than Ray Rice, he's probably going to lead the league in yards this year

Menardo75
10-07-2011, 10:21 PM
D-line is not a need for San Francisco the pick needs to be either corner or safety.

RaiderNation
10-08-2011, 12:34 AM
o.O that's a pretty bold statement, granted Mendenhall hasn't looked great this year, I doubt Richardson will be better than Ray Rice, he's probably going to lead the league in yards this year

Rice is a nice player but I think Richardson is close to an elite prospect. He isn't a Peterson or McFadden type of prospect, but I'd say he is the best RB prospect since the 2008 draft(McFadden). If he keeps up the season he has been playing so far he is going to have a Heisman type season for Alabama.

49erNation85
10-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Menardo75 ,
I as I couldn't agree more.We could use more depth and younger talent for when our DT gets injured or needs rest.We could always good s or cb second round.

I like the 9ers pick.

akvikefan89
10-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Perfect Vikings pick, and I like what would be available for us in round 2, with a few WRs, strong CBs, and a couple good interior OL.

x2

(10 char)