PDA

View Full Version : BrownLeader October 2012 Mock

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Claiborne and Fluker returning. Predicted order...BOOM!

1. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Luck*/QB/Stanford:
Dolphins are a sinking ship. The one thing they thought they could bank on this season was a formidable defense. Oops.

2. Indianapolis Colts - Matt Kalil*/OT/USC:
Costanzo last year but he didn’t exactly look like a future all pro at LT. Kalil has that type potential and is the guy you want protecting whatever’s left of Manning’s career.

3. Seattle Seahawks - Matt Barkley*/QB/USC:
A reach to most but not for Carroll.

4. Kansas City Chiefs - Justin Blackmon*/WR/Oklahoma State:
Thus far Baldwin is a disaster and Bowe is yet to be resigned. I like Tannehill more so than RGIII here but Pioli strikes me as a GM that would not take such raw QBs for this team top 5 (potentially). If they’ve no faith at all in Cassel or Stanzi anymore I’d figure a guy like Lindley in the 3rd or a vet like Flynn, Josh Johnson, Stanton (yes, Drew Stanton), ..or if you prefer absurd trade scenarios, package Bowe to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples/DE/North Carolina:
Do they take a top DE prospect or top WR prospect if the Jags are picking top 10? Gene Smith’s no dummy.

6. Minnesota Vikings - Jonathan Martin*/OT/Stanford:
Want to give the Vikings Jeffery or Floyd but Charlie Johnson can’t keep starting for teams at LT.

7. Carolina Panthers - Vontaze Burfict*/LB/Arizona State:
CB also a big need but Burfict’s a greater prospect than Kirkpatrick imo. Taze could play inside or out and be insurance in case Beason’s injury doesn’t mend well.

8. St.Louis Rams - Alshon Jeffery*/WR/South Carolina:
Alshon has some CJ in his game, which means it may take him a season or two, but eventually he’ll be dominating.

9. Denver Broncos – Ryan Tannehill /QB/ Texas A&M:
Imo overrated A&M WR Fuller is responsible for 3 of Tannehill’s current 5 ints. Tannehill has everything Elway should like in a QB, height, mobility, arm strength, accuracy, sans the horseteeth.

10. Cincinnati Bengals - Trent Richardson*/RB/Alabama:
Benson has shown leadership to a young squad this season but remains a liability because of off field bs. Adding TR to this offense, assuming Dalton continues to progress, is really scary.

11. San Francisco 49ers – Michael Floyd /WR/ Notre Dame:
I thought Floyd was overrated until I see him this season show ridiculous yac ability game after game. Off field concern might be the only thing that keeps him out of the top 10.

12. Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin*/QB/ Baylor:
NFL caliber arm but he’s slight, not elusive (for as fast as he is), and throws everything flat footed. His weaknesses are correctable but he carries a huge bust factor. The McNabb comparisons are way off. McNabb at Syracuse was incredibly elusive and even after 13 seasons, he remains one of the more elusive QBs in the pocket. Better comparison would be Jeff Blake-and that’s not a good thing.

13. Cleveland Browns - Riley Reiff*/OT/Iowa:
The revolving door at RT must end for the Browns. Reiff will need work on anchoring but is a good run blocker with LT feet.

14. Cleveland Browns (Atl)– Landry Jones* /QB/ Oklahoma:
Unfortunately Colt McCoy has not looked like a capable starter thus far for the Browns. If Jones is on the board it wouldn’t surprise if the Browns take him. Jones lacks mobility and must prove he can handle pressure but throws a great ball with good accuracy and zip.

15. Chicago Bears - David DeCastro*/OG-C/Stanford:
Bears still searching for stability along the Oline. DeCastro would be the future pivot guy and could improve the run game and keep Cutler clean to step up inside.

16. New York Jets – Vince Curry /DE/ Marshall:
I like Curry more than Coples and think he’s best suited in a 4 front but the Jets can’t be choosey if he’s there.

17. San Diego Chargers– Manti Te'o*/LB/Notre Dame:
Spikes is playing great but next year is his 15th season.

18. Philadelphia Eagles - Alameda Ta'amu /DT/ Washington:
Looks as if the Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season-starts upfront.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dre Kirkpatrick*/CB/Alabama:
My first choice for the Bucs would be OT/OG Osemele but it's hard to see Kirkpatrick falling out of the top 20, especially with Barber probably finally hanging them up.

20. Tennessee Titans– Kelechi Osemele /OT-G/Iowa State:
Johnson 2.9 avg per carry.

21. Arizona Cardinals – Courtney Upshaw /LB/ Alabama:
Upshaw would have to test well to be a first round pick but the Cards need more pass rush to help out their young CBs. They also could use a thumper inside-Upshaw could end up at either spot.

22. Oakland Raiders – Danny Trevathan /LB/ Kentucky:
Impossible to predict Al sooo.. He’s not getting any buzz right now, and of course he’s got to run well, but Trevathan’s kind of a monster and can play in or out doing everything pretty well.

23. New York Giants – Dwayne Allen* /TE/ Clemson:
Manning and the offense don’t look the same without Boss.

24. Buffalo Bills - Mohamed Sanu* /WR/ Rutgers:
You can only go with guys like Donald Jones, Nelson and Chandler for so long. Sanu is making circus catches so far for Rutgers and will be a first round pick.

25. Detroit Lions– Alfonzo Dennard/CB/Nebraska:
Lions still look weak in the back end.

26. Dallas Cowboys – Janoris Jenkins /CB/ North Alabama:
What’s one more questionable character guy going to hurt-and it was just herb, sheesh. Jenkins is really the #1 CB in this class.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Luke Kuechly* /LB/ Boston College:
Out with the old, in with the new. Any available Oline prospects would look like reaches after Osemele.

28. Baltimore Ravens– Malcolm Ingram /DE/ South Carolina:
Jarrett Johnson could see a big pay day elsewhere after the season and Kruger/Kindle have not shown much.

29. Houston Texans– T.J. McDonald* /S/ USC:
The Texans are starting Quinn and Daniel Manning at S.

30. New England Patriots (No) – Jared Crick/DE/Nebraska:
Tweener and might not show ideal measurables which will lower his stock.

31. New England Patriots– DeVier Posey /WR/ Ohio State:
Pats will need a capable outside WR after the failed Ocho experience. Posey has plenty of time to regain his stock.

32. Green Bay Packers – Darius Flemming /OLB-DE/ Notre Dame:
Flemings’ not being talked about much but he has very few flaws in his game. If he shows speed & measurables in the post season he’ll be getting a lot of buzz.

Matthew Jones
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I probably like DeVier Posey more than most but he's probably a third-round pick or so by now. Jared Crick would be very nice though. For the second one, you could maybe look at a pass rusher, center, or safety.

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 06:09 PM
I probably like DeVier Posey more than most but he's probably a third-round pick or so by now. Jared Crick would be very nice though. For the second one, you could maybe look at a pass rusher, center, or safety.

You have first round grades on those guys at this point?

shylo3716
10-05-2011, 06:16 PM
18. Philadelphia Eagles - Alameda Ta'amu /DT/ Washington:
Looks as if the Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season-starts upfront.

Our defensive front is not the problem. We need a LB and we need 1 bad.

Matthew Jones
10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Peter Konz would be great as a center, although Mike Reiss has speculated that the Patriots are happy with Dan Connolly at center so far. Still, they have reportedly been interested in Eric Wood and both Pouncey brothers, so a big, rugged center might be just what they're looking for. They have shown a willingness to draft offensive linemen in the first round in the past as well (Solder and Mankins being two recent examples.) Devin Taylor is a possible pass rusher since he has the size (6'7" 260) that Belichick would look for in a McGinest-type player and has dropped into coverage numerous times in college. Robert Lester is somewhat of a reach (I'd probably rank him closer to the 45-50 range) but the Patriots desperately need a safety so it's possible Belichick would reach for a Saban guy.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Why would the jets draft a DE when we drafted Wilkerson 1st round last year and he and Devito have been solid? You may not know who mike devito is but he had 82 tackles last year, is our best run stopper and why they kicked Shaun Ellis to the curb. NT or LG is what they'll draft first

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Why would the jets draft a DE when we drafted Wilkerson 1st round last year and he and Devito have been solid? You may not know who mike devito is but he had 82 tackles last year, is our best run stopper and why they kicked Shaun Ellis to the curb. NT or LG is what they'll draft first

O_o Curry would play OLB.

Hurricanes25
10-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Curry would play OLB in our system and since we have a huge need for a pass rusher, it's a good pick.

vidae
10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
How can Baldwin be a disaster without ever setting foot on the field? Bowe will be re-signed and we still have Breaston to work the slot. WR is quite possibly the worst pick for KC.

I seriously doubt we'd trade Bowe and picks for Mallett either. Ugh. Literally any other position or player would be better than that.

Pat Sims 90
10-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Not a Fan of Richardson but RB could be addressed in the 1st.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Pouha will lose his starting role before Thomas or pace do. Jets run d has been bad the pass d is fine, the last true pass rusher we had was Abraham and that was when we were 4-3 doubt they'll change the scheme it's been working

Hurricanes25
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Pouha will lose his starting role before Thomas or pace do. Jets run d has been bad the pass d is fine, the last true pass rusher we had was Abraham and that was when we were 4-3 doubt they'll change the scheme it's been working

Nobody said anything about changing the scheme....While Pouha may soon lose the starting job, we picked Kenrick Ellis with the 94th pick in the draft. I think he'll play more as the season goes on. We need a pass rusher pretty badly. Bryan Thomas is just meh.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Kenrick Ellis? You mean the guy who lost his spot in the depth chart to Dixon and hasn't played a down yet? Always look to who the busts were in the previous years draft when trying to figure out who a team will draft next year. BTW Dixon is a pass rushing DT. We need a run stopper.

OSUGiants17
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Give the Giants Sanu or Kuechly. WR and LB are much bigger needs. Ballard is only in his 2nd year and has shown flashes so far, plus TE is not a big part of our offense. With Manningham becoming a free agent and Hixon likely gone with now back-to-back ACL tears, we need another receiving weapon that we will actually use. Kuechly would fill a hole at LB and give us a tackling machine.

Robcards
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Give the Giants Sanu or Kuechly. WR and LB are much bigger needs. Ballard is only in his 2nd year and has shown flashes so far, plus TE is not a big part of our offense. With Manningham becoming a free agent and Hixon likely gone with now back-to-back ACL tears, we need another receiving weapon that we will actually use. Kuechly would fill a hole at LB and give us a tackling machine.

Cruz has been a beast though! I like the Kuechly pick I have the Giants taking him in my mock, they took his teammate Herzlich last year =)

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
How can Baldwin be a disaster without ever setting foot on the field? Bowe will be re-signed and we still have Breaston to work the slot. WR is quite possibly the worst pick for KC.

I seriously doubt we'd trade Bowe and picks for Mallett either. Ugh. Literally any other position or player would be better than that.

By playing like crap in training camp then getting hurt by fighting with the team captain. ;)

But I get you.

OSUGiants17
10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Cruz has been a beast though! I like the Kuechly pick I have the Giants taking him in my mock, they took his teammate Herzlich last year =)

We need more than 2 WR

Brown Leader
10-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Our defensive front is not the problem. We need a LB and we need 1 bad.

What if a new DC runs a 34 defense?

shylo3716
10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
What if a new DC runs a 34 defense?

Who knows, but as of right now I can't see it happening.

holt_bruce81
10-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Me love the Rams pick.

indyfan1985
10-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I agree with the Colts pick of LT Matt Kalil if Luck is not there for us. Move Costanzo to RT and Ijalana to OG and suddenly this OL has become one of the best with the addition of Kalil.

2nd round we then go with NT Brandon Thompson.

FootballGod
10-06-2011, 06:10 AM
10. Cincinnati Bengals - Trent Richardson*/RB/Alabama:
Benson has shown leadership to a young squad this season but remains a liability because of off field bs. Adding TR to this offense, assuming Dalton continues to progress, is really scary.

I agree with this pick. At this point it really is Richardson or Kirkpatrick. There is no other real value there unless Blackmon falls into our laps.