PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite NFL jersey to wear or which ones do you want? Not an ad.

Ness
10-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm really looking for either a Merton Hanks jersey or Brent Jones non-signed and in good condition. Seems practically impossible though. I have a Ronnie Lott jersey which I like. Need to get Rice.

BRAVEHEART
10-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd like a thanksgiving Barry Sanders jersey. A Junior Seau chargers jersey would be dope too.

http://www.chinawholesale114.com/upfile/20100103/2010137193566937.jpg

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/pics/58261_01_lg.jpg

Pat Sims 90
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Got a AJ Green Jersey in TC that is what i been wearing. Might eventually get a Andy Dalton jersey if he turns out to be atleast a decent QB.

vidae
10-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I have an old Derrick Johnson jersey from the year he was drafted and I recently got a Tamba Hali jersey, but I might buy an Eric Berry or Brandon Flowers jersey next. Yeah, I love defense.

tjsunstein
10-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not one to wear a jersey that isn't from my favorite team and even then, I'm selective when I wear them. I won't just wear it on a Wednesday in the middle of the summer, strictly gamedays and jersey themed parties. Jerseys were cool at one point to casually wear but it's not my style as I'm getting older, I'm finding less places to wear them aside from the bar on gameday. That being said, I rock the Aaron Rodgers one the most often (ebay, $50, stitched). I would love to get a Reggie White jersey from his time with Green Bay or a real old school jersey like a Ray Nitschke, Don Hutson, or Paul Hornung but I feel like they belong in frames hanging in the man cave.

J-Mike88
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I would love to get a Reggie White jersey from his time with Green Bay or a real old school jersey like a Ray Nitschke, Don Hutson, or Paul Hornung but I feel like they belong in frames hanging in the man cave.
Same here.
I bought the authentic real Sterling Sharpe jersey once, full overpriced ticket, and then he hurt his neck and had to retire about a month later.

So I was afraid to buy anymore real jerseys.
Until the playoff run last year when I had to get #12 & #52 because I think, hope, they'll be around for a long time.

Non-Packer, I always wanted the Tomlinson Chargers throwback blue.
Since he left, I'd rather now get the Dan Fouts, or John Jefferson, maybe Wes Chandler or Kellen Winslow.

A classic Marino would be sweet too.

How about USFL jerseys?
I'd love to get the Memphis Showboats Reggie White.
Does anyone make them?

DeepThreat
10-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I used to have Kellen Winslow Jr. and now I have two Joe Thomas jerseys.

Splat
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I actually don't have any jerseys they cost to much and the player could be gone the next season or change his number. I just stick with team shirts.

MetSox17
10-07-2011, 09:37 PM
If you're a grown ass man, you shouldn't be wearing a jersey.

Caulibflower
10-07-2011, 09:51 PM

What about #69 jerseys that say "sexay" on the nameplate?

General Zod
10-07-2011, 11:25 PM
The last jersey I bought was a John Randle jersey.

And yes, it was during his playing days, in his prime.

<-----old

Brent
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Exactly. You are not on the team.

Ness
10-07-2011, 11:35 PM

LOL oh come on. That's like saying you aren't allowed to wear your older brother's college jersey because you didn't attend the college.

Wearing a jersey is just showing your support for your team or favorite player. It has nothing to do with lobbying to actually be on the team.

Brent
10-07-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL oh come on. That's like saying you aren't allowed to wear your older brother's college jersey because you didn't attend the college.

Wearing a jersey is just showing your support for your team or favorite player. It has nothing to do with lobbying to actually be on the team.
I think it's something little kids wear. They sell regular t-shirts with team logos and etc. on them.

Ness
10-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I actually don't have any jerseys they cost to much and the player could be gone the next season or change his number. I just stick with team shirts.

That's why it's good to wear throwbacks.

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2011, 07:12 AM

That's just silly. I think it's more to do with the fact that they're just really tacky. These things go out of style as soon as you hit Freshman year of High School.

Honestly at my High School, the only dudes who wore jerseys were geeky kids, the socially awkward type, or the dirty kid that didnt give a ****. They really lose all "coolness" as soon as you step foot in High School, imo.

senormysterioso
10-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I own a couple jerseys, but I pretty much agree with Rick on this topic.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Rick Reilly is a tool belt...but I thought it was funny what he said about NBA jerseys. I remember when the skinniest kids would wear these huge ass NBA jerseys to school, with no shirt underneath. Hilarious. And they all thought they looked like the ****, too. It's just straight cheese.

edit...this was funny.

Jersey Waiver C: By wearing a jersey, you are waiving any contact with the very person you're worshipping.

"Those are the guys we went out of our way to avoid in the autograph lines," says former Baltimore Ravens QB Trent Dilfer. "They were the ones who wanted your email address."

senormysterioso
10-08-2011, 07:26 AM
I don't care what anybody says, I looked like a f'in baller in my Reggie Miller jersey in fourth grade, complete with sweat pants and glasses that covered about 7/8th's of my face

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2011, 07:28 AM
lol. I'm talking about High School...I know I was looking sweet as hell in my Penny Hardaway jersey when I was like 8. Girls didnt care back then...that **** was sexy.

kalbears13
10-08-2011, 11:11 AM
If i were to get a jersey at this point I would get a throwback because I'm tired of getting Tim Couch, Braylon Edwards, etc. Jerseys.

yo123
10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I have a Darren Sharper Vikings jersey that I'm not sure why I haven't burned yet. Also an Antoine Winfield one that I wear on special occasions.

CashmoneyDrew
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Haven't been a jersey guy since middle school.

kalbears13
10-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I have a Darren Sharper Vikings jersey that I'm not sure why I haven't burned yet. Also an Antoine Winfield one that I wear on special occasions.

But Darren Shahpuh is duh most hahdest hittin' safety in da leeeague!!

Go_Eagles77
10-08-2011, 01:05 PM
There's this one dude at my school who in the 1st month of the season I've already seen wear a Clay Matthews and Calvin Johnson jersey. I have no idea why.

Only jersey I've ever owned is a Ricky Watters jersey that my cousin gave me because he grew out of it, and I've never worn it other than for like 5 minutes. Just not my thing as I have a bit of an odd-shaped body and they don't look right on me.

V.I.P
10-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Only own 3 jerseys..

Home - Aqib Talib
Away - Josh freeman
Throwback - Lee Roy Selmon

Ness
10-08-2011, 01:08 PM
There's this one dude at my school who in the 1st month of the season I've already seen wear a Clay Matthews and Calvin Johnson jersey. I have no idea why.

I saw a guy wearing a 49ers jersey and a Rams hat at the same time. I didn't like that.

Raiderz4Life
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
I own a Bo Jackson jersey.

Was a gift and its freakin HUGE lol...I can only wear it on top of a sweater so it won't look so bad lol

OSUGiants17
10-08-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm still young enough to wear jersey's. Currently I got a Hakeem Nicks, Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, Osi, Larry Fitz and Megatron jersey. I want a Darren McFadden and JPP jersey. I just ordered an authentic Ahmad Bradshaw away jersey

fenikz
10-08-2011, 04:44 PM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4290/prode.jpg

M.O.T.H.
10-08-2011, 04:51 PM
You know you'd rather have a Beanie jersey now.

BloodBrother
10-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm not one to wear a jersey that isn't from my favorite team and even then, I'm selective when I wear them. I won't just wear it on a Wednesday in the middle of the summer, strictly gamedays and jersey themed parties. Jerseys were cool at one point to casually wear but it's not my style as I'm getting older, I'm finding less places to wear them aside from the bar on gameday. That being said, I rock the Aaron Rodgers one the most often (ebay, $50, stitched). I would love to get a Reggie White jersey from his time with Green Bay or a real old school jersey like a Ray Nitschke, Don Hutson, or Paul Hornung but I feel like they belong in frames hanging in the man cave.

this is exactly how it is with me. I own very few jersey's and a few of them were from my childhood that I've already grown out of. I usually stick with shirts, long sleeves, hats or jackets/hoodies when I buy team apparel

The Dynasty
10-08-2011, 08:14 PM
My Kevin Williams Jersey.