PDA

View Full Version : October 6th Mock

TheFinisher
10-06-2011, 11:14 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-REBCnS8rbqk/TbgSSrzaUzI/AAAAAAAAAyM/tz8tN8H5gAI/s1600/nfldraft.jpg

1. Miami Dolphins- QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

2. Indianapolis Colts- OT Matt Kalil, USC

3. Seattle Seahawks- QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor

4. Minnesota Vikings- OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford

5. Kansas City Chiefs- QB Matt Barkley, USC

6. Denver Broncos- CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

7. St. Louis Rams- WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

8. Cincinnati Bengals- RB Trent Richardson, Alabama

9. Jacksonville Jaguars- WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St.

10. Carolina Panthers- DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson

11. Arizona Cardinals- OT Riley Reiff, Iowa

12. Cleveland Browns- DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB Morris Claiborne, LSU

14. Philadelphia Eagles- LB Zach Brown, North Carolina

15. Tennessee Titans- DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

16. Dallas Cowboys- CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

17. Chicago Bears- WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

18. Cleveland Browns(F/ ATL)- QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma

19. San Diego Chargers- LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

20. New York Jets- LB/DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.

21. San Francisco 49ers- CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

22. Washington Redskins- OG David Decastro, Stanford

23. Houston Texans- NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

24. Buffalo Bills- LB/DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

25. Oakland Raiders- CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia

26. Detroit Lions- LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers- OG/OT Cordy Glenn, Georgia

28. New York Giants- LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College

29. New England Patriots(F/ NO)- DE Donte Paige-Moss, North Carolina

30. Baltimore Ravens- LB Don'ta Hightower, Alabama

31. Green Bay Packers- DT Devon Still, Penn St.

32. New England Patriots- C Peter Konz, Wisconsin

vidae
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Great KC pick.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I'd be excited for that mock. Konz would be awesome.

killxswitch
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I of course like Kalil but I think the Colts have to get a QB unless some very good Manning news breaks between now and April '12.

TimmG6376
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Still tore his ACL and MCL as a freshman? That worries me but other than that seems like a pretty nice fit at 5-tech, especially the way Capers likes to run his nickle package.

T-RICH49
10-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I so approve of KC's pick

FootballGod
10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I love the pick!!!!

Robcards
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't think RGIII will go ahead of Barkley and don't think worthy will fall to 2nd round. Jets pick is Ta'amu, Jenkins wouldnt start over pace and Thomas

Pat Sims 90
10-06-2011, 03:31 PM
No a Fan of Richardson but RB could be addressed in the 1st.

Menardo75
10-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Corner is the right pick for the Niners I would have major questions about him off the field though.

Rabscuttle
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Baalke/Harbaugh drafted captains and team leaders with pretty much all their picks last year. Lots of blue collar types, team first, go to battle with - basically not Jenkins.

Hurricanes25
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Bradon Jenkins is a good pick for the Jets. He would immediately help our pass rush.

Robcards
10-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Bradon Jenkins is a good pick for the Jets. He would immediately help our pass rush.

He wouldn't start... 1st round is where you draft guys who will start. Curry or Taylor should still be on the board 2nd round and the Jets can draft 4-3 DE to make a pass rushing 3-4 OLB in the 2nd.

Hurricanes25
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
He wouldn't start... 1st round is where you draft guys who will start. Curry or Taylor should still be on the board 2nd round and the Jets can draft 4-3 DE to make a pass rushing 3-4 OLB in the 2nd.

Yes, he would start. Bryan Thomas is in his last year of his contract so who knows if he comes back. And if he does come back, he's coming back off a season ending injury. Plus, Brandon Jenkins improves our pass rush.

Robcards
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes, he would start. Bryan Thomas is in his last year of his contract so who knows if he comes back. And if he does come back, he's coming back off a season ending injury. Plus, Brandon Jenkins improves our pass rush.

What NT do the Jets get in the 2nd round then? Tell me that. Because Curry and Taylor wouldn't be much worse than Jenkins and will be available in the 2nd round and considering the run defense needs more immediate help than pass defense, NT 1st OLB 2nd makes a lot more sense to me.

edit: Let me put it this way, would you rather have Ta'amu/Worthy and Taylor/Curry or Jenkins and Poe?

derza222
10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
What NT do the Jets get in the 2nd round then? Tell me that. Because Curry and Taylor wouldn't be much worse than Jenkins and will be available in the 2nd round and considering the run defense needs more immediate help than pass defense, NT 1st OLB 2nd makes a lot more sense to me.

edit: Let me put it this way, would you rather have Ta'amu/Worthy and Taylor/Curry or Jenkins and Poe?

On the flip side, how often do you find a legitimate threat as a pass rusher outside of the first round? Additionally, since presumably you're not going to draft an outside linebacker in the first round because you think all he can do is get after the quarterback, he would be able to help keep contain on runs that pop to the outside, which has been an issue this year. Not sure you're definitely going to get immediate help from an OLB or a NT either since those are both tough spots to adjust to playing at the NFL level (OLB moreso because it's a transition).

And I still think it's early to give up on Ellis completely four games into his rookie year. He was clearly going to be a project coming out, coaches have said they're still working on his technique. Plus he's not a guy who's going to play in obvious passing situations since they like kicking ends inside in those situations, and since he has no role on special teams it's tough to activate a guy with essentially one well defined role and who is working on technique on top of that. Ultimately it's a numbers game, and they're electing to activate a bunch of DB's and only 5 defensive linemen. Is it a possibility that he's not the long-term starting NT on this team? Absolutely. But I also think it's too early to say he isn't.

49erNation85
10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
good 9ers pick!

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm not sure Don'ta Hightower is a first round pick at this point. Peter Konz seems more in line with what we'd do in that spot.

SickwithIt1010
10-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I think Kuechly, Te'o and Burfict are at the top of the linebacker class...I would prefer one of them instead for the eagles.

Robcards
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Can't quote and reply on my phone, so anyway I already told you Taylor and curry are projected for the 2nd round and would make great 3-4 pass rushing olb, especially Taylor don't know that much about curry outside of what I've been told. That's the main reason olb is the 2 pick there aren't really any 2nd round worthy NTs. If NT isn't the first round pick because Ellis pans out, DeCastro or Glenn is the pick for LG