PDA

View Full Version : October 6th Top-32 Big Board!

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 01:26 PM
This is really rough, but I threw it together in class the other day in order to help out with a mock draft I was making. Positional value is not considered.

October 6th Top-32 Big Board

1. QB Andrew Luck, Stanford*

2. RB Trent Richardson, Alabama*

3. OT Matt Kalil, Southern California*

4. QB Matt Barkley, Southern California*

5. DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

6. OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford*

7. WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St.*

8. WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina*

9. LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame*

10. CB Morris Claiborne, Louisiana St.*

11. CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama*

12. OT Riley Reiff, Iowa*

13. QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma*

14. CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.**

15. DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.*

16. DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson

17. CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina*

18. OG David DeCastro, Stanford*

19. DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

20. C Peter Konz, Wisconsin*

21. OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama**

22. LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.*

23. LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

24. RB Lamar Miller, Miami (FL)**

25. LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College*

26. LB Zach Brown, North Carolina

27. WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

28. DT Billy Winn, Boise St.

29. DT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

30. WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M

31. OT Andrew Datko, Florida St.

32. WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Manti Te'o is rated way too high.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Manti Te'o is rated way too high.

I guess I might have a little bit of a man-crush on Te'o, but in my opinion he's a lot better than Burfict/Kuechly (and I follow Boston College.) Good bulk, athletic, range from sideline to sideline, quality diagnostic ability, outstanding coverage (man and zone), a secure tackler and a strong leader. Versatility to play multiple LB spots. I see him being a player on Jerod Mayo's level. Sometimes you've gotta stick up for a prospect and he's one I feel pretty comfortable standing behind.

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I guess I might have a little bit of a man-crush on Te'o, but in my opinion he's a lot better than Burfict/Kuechly (and I follow Boston College.) Good bulk, athletic, range from sideline to sideline, quality diagnostic ability, outstanding coverage (man and zone), a secure tackler and a strong leader. Versatility to play multiple LB spots. I see him being a player on Jerod Mayo's level. Sometimes you've gotta stick up for a prospect and he's one I feel pretty comfortable standing behind.
That's cool.

RaiderNation
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I think Richardson is a little too high as well. He is a very good prospect but I wouldn't ranked him as highly as Peterson or McFadden coming out. He is a top 10 prospect, but I'd much rather take Kalil, Barkley and Luck over him.

AntoinCD
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I know you got the man crush on Te'o but I would probably have him in the mid teens but I personally feel he could slip a little on draft day.

I would probably rank Claiborne and Blackmon a bit higher as well although I can see reasons why they aren't in your rankings

K Train
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
imo Xavier Rhodes>Dre Kirkpatrick

Actually i think id prefer Dennard and Chase over Dre, but im sure im in the minority there

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I think Richardson is a little too high as well. He is a very good prospect but I wouldn't ranked him as highly as Peterson or McFadden coming out. He is a top 10 prospect, but I'd much rather take Kalil, Barkley and Luck over him.

I think with Richardson, Kalil, and Barkley it really comes down to how you want to build your team. I see Richardson as being a Ray Rice type of player, whereas Barkley reminds me of Matt Ryan and Kalil could be the next Joe Thomas. I just feel like Richardson could come in and immediately give a bad team an offensive identity, so I ranked him a little higher. Could lead to a quick turnaround for a team like Denver or Seattle.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Actually i think id prefer Dennard and Chase over Dre, but im sure im in the minority there

It's really close between Rhodes and Kirkpatrick. I feel like Rhodes fits what I look for a little bit more, but Kirkpatrick has had a really strong year and his stock is a little higher at this point, especially having that extra year of college experience and under perhaps the best coach in college football. I don't think it's really a contest for the other guys. Dennard's feisty and physical but he's also got kind of a squat frame and his hips aren't incredibly fluid. I see Minnifield as a prospect on the level of Ras-I Dowling. I could see an argument for Janoris Jenkins as being better than Kirkpatrick, but I ranked him conservatively because of his character issues.

vidae
10-06-2011, 03:22 PM
I think Richardson is a bit high too but I think he might be one of those rare top 5 RBs when it's all said and done.

I think you're spot on where you have Landry Jones ranked.

Rabscuttle
10-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Richardson is an odd case. He's fun to watch and has production and measurables, but as another poster pointed out, he runs behind a really good line. One of the things that makes him special is the punishment he doles out through the course of a game. He softens up defences for himself and his teammates over the course of a game. A lot of NFL teams just don't follow that philosophy any more so it really limits his value to a lot of teams.

How many teams could use a back like that and how many of them would pass him over for greater needs? I think he would fit great with the Niners, but have you seen our secondary? (not to mention the recent financial commitment to Gore)

The linebackers are pretty hard to slot right now as well.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Richardson is an odd case. He's fun to watch and has production and measurables, but as another poster pointed out, he runs behind a really good line. One of the things that makes him special is the punishment he doles out through the course of a game. He softens up defences for himself and his teammates over the course of a game. A lot of NFL teams just don't follow that philosophy any more so it really limits his value to a lot of teams.

How many teams could use a back like that and how many of them would pass him over for greater needs? I think he would fit great with the Niners, but have you seen our secondary? (not to mention the recent financial commitment to Gore)

The linebackers are pretty hard to slot right now as well.

I think Richardson should be in play for Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, and maybe St. Louis. It all depends on who picks where - if the Rams miss out on the top WRs or the Chiefs miss out on the QBs and OTs, he'd be a strong pick. It's hard to say with Miami because they have committed to Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
You have Gilmore really high too...he hasnt looked all that amazing since his Freshman year. He's had several bad performances this year and he was burnt many a time last year. I love the guy, but he'll take some beatings.

bucfan12
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Actually, I've been watch Kirkpatrick play this year. He looks like the real deal to me. Not afraid to tackle. Physical CB who may not produce stats in the INT department, but lock down WRs.

Rabscuttle
10-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I think Richardson should be in play for Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver, Kansas City, Seattle, and maybe St. Louis. It all depends on who picks where - if the Rams miss out on the top WRs or the Chiefs miss out on the QBs and OTs, he'd be a strong pick. It's hard to say with Miami because they have committed to Daniel Thomas and Reggie Bush.

Some good fits there. I don't see Indy committing to a back that would need 20carries a game and have no idea what Denver is up to other than sucking. Can Seattle pass on a quarterback or not maneuver for one?

Bengals, Rams and Chiefs would be really good fits, but do have some other needs. Should be interesting.

bengalbuck
10-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Some good fits there. I don't see Indy committing to a back that would need 20carries a game and have no idea what Denver is up to other than sucking. Can Seattle pass on a quarterback or not maneuver for one?

Bengals, Rams and Chiefs would be really good fits, but do have some other needs. Should be interesting.

I definitely agree he's be a great fit on the Bengals. Decent fit on the Rams depending on how much longer you think SJax has.

But I don't see it with KC. Charles should come back fine. ACLs aren't career ending these days and KC isn't going to draft a 2nd franchise back before even seeing how he looks, especially with all of their other needs. Richardson, Charles and McCluster seems like overkill at the RB position for a really bad team.