PDA

View Full Version : Cal vs. Oregon

Duffman57
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Im goin to the game tonight. I know the basic big name players to watch for (LMJ, Cliff, Keenan Allen, even though he's not eligible this year). Anyone else you guys want me to watch for, I was gonna plan on doing a small writeup on some of the players in the game at some point.

TheMorningZoo
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Maybe some of CAL's O-Line? I know Schwartz will be an early to mid round selection most liklely. They also have Matt Summers Gavin who is talented as well. I don't know too much about CAL right now, but I have always liked the Golden Bears

Duffman57
10-06-2011, 03:05 PM
The only other guy I can think of is Mychal Kendricks at LB from Cal. Isn't there a decent safety for cal as well?

Woody56
10-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Cal WR Marvin Jones

mario
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
The best prospect to me in this game is DE Trevor Guyton (#92). He plays mainly 5-tech in the Cal 34 defense, but has the strenght to play some NT (and pretty sure you'll see him there on a few snaps). Not much of a pass rush but a great run stuffer. 2nd-4th round 5T.

8Mvfl9_TSX0

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
David Paulson, Oregon's TE, is one to watch as well.

Duffman57
10-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I go to Oregon so i know and see alot of all the UO prospects, like Paulson, Boyette, pleasent, et all. Michael Clay is a sleeper of mine, not big at all, but the dude is a gamer, leader and hits likea ton of bricks. I was more wondering about Cal guys, like holt, guyton etc.

RaiderNation
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Looking ahead to the 2013 draft, I think Keenan Allen is a 1st round talent at WR. Productive, big WR that has NFL speed. Every time I have watched a Cal game over the last 2 years he has always jumped out to me.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Looking ahead to the 2013 draft, I think Keenan Allen is a 1st round talent at WR. Productive, big WR that has NFL speed. Every time I have watched a Cal game over the last 2 years he has always jumped out to me.

Allen doesn't have blazing speed (4.5-4.6), but he has insane ball skills. Reminds me a lot of Vincent Jackson (not as tall).

Duffman57
10-07-2011, 12:20 AM
Allen doesn't have blazing speed (4.5-4.6), but he has insane ball skills. Reminds me a lot of Vincent Jackson (not as tall).

Except Jackson is 2 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and has 4.4 speed. Keenan Allen is THICK, and does have incredible Body control. He actually reminds me of a poor mans, thicker, and a bit slower, AJ Green.

ellsy82
10-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Except Jackson is 2 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and has 4.4 speed. Keenan Allen is THICK, and does have incredible Body control. He actually reminds me of a poor mans, thicker, and a bit slower, AJ Green.

:D Yep...nice read.

kalbears13
10-07-2011, 01:48 AM

Greg Little?

Duffman57
10-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Greg Little?

He's definitely not THAT thick (little was 6'2" 235 lbs).

He play style is VERY similar to that of AJ Green, but he's more filled out and slower. Not quite as good, but very similar play style.

Matthew Jones
10-07-2011, 09:20 AM
LaMichael James' injury yesterday looked brutal. Any word on what it was?

Ozzy
10-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Isi Sofele Cal JR RB: I was wildly impressed with him, built like a little brick house, tough kid, runs has, has good quickness in the open field, not afraid of contact. He could be a very impressive running back next year, very promising player.

Keenan Allen Cal SOPH WR: Very elite receiver, big time talent, has great quickness and speed in the open field, solid hands, attacks the ball, I was very impressed with him as a receiver. One of the best receivers they have possibly ever had at Cal potentially.

Aaron Tipoti Cal JR NT: Loved the effort he gave at NT, really played hard, got into the backfield and gained penetration. Very solid player along with a few others on that Cal front.

Overall, kind of disappointed in Oregon's NFL prospects, not a lot of them to be honest in my view. That is why they are not at the same level as the LSU and Alabama's of the world, where they easily have at least 20 or more on each team that have a shot at the NFL. Cannot say that for the Ducks roster.

As far as DeAnthony Thomas goes, aka 'Black Mamba', the guy is simply never going to live up to that nickname. His nickname is way more impressive than his football abilities for the NFL. Sure in college he will play great but unless the guy becomes an elite return man, his ability in the NFL is limited I feel.

JRTPlaya21
10-07-2011, 09:44 AM
LaMichael James' injury yesterday looked brutal. Any word on what it was?

Dislocated elbow.