PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis to demand a trade?

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 05:04 PM
From Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer's Tony Grossi believes Peyton Hillis will request a trade ahead of the October 18 deadline.

Grossi says contract talks between the Browns and Hillis are "not going well," and that a trade request is likely the "next step." With the Browns having so few weapons on offense, it would seem unwise to move their feature runner, though it's become clear they have little interest in inking him to a lucrative long-term extension. With Montario Hardesty available as somebody who could immediately step into the starting lineup were Hillis to be dealt, it's at least within the realm of possibility he could be with a new club by this time next month. This is not a story that will be going away any time soon.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4965/peyton-hillis

nepg
10-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Do it, Pioli.

MetSox17
10-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Well, if Montario Hardesty can do what Hillis can, why not? No one should be paying more than average for a runningback, anyway. Look at the Panthers (lolol).

I'd love to see this happen just for the lulz that would come from the Madden cover boy being traded mid-season.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Hard to decide how I feel about this. On the one hand, I am a firm believer in not giving running backs contract extensions (look how many received their big payday and then fell off a cliff), and the Browns could probably get quite a bit of value for him at this point, but Hillis is relatively fresh in terms of his career workload and that will be a very ugly offense if he leaves.

Jvig43
10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
This is not ok for my fantasy team.

shylo3716
10-06-2011, 05:17 PM
From Rotoworld:

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4965/peyton-hillis

Welp this just made it official for me with Lamar Miller.

nepg
10-06-2011, 05:20 PM
He's 25 and hasn't had too many miles put on his treads. I do worry about his running style when you factor in age factor regardless of how much punishment he's endured... But I'd be relatively comfortable giving him a 4-5 year deal.

Then again, I'm also a fan of drafting RBs frequently in the middle-late rounds and never giving them big contract extensions.

bucfan12
10-06-2011, 05:29 PM
No one is going to give him an extension after 1 year. Haven;t heard much of him this year except that he had Strep Throat. Shut up and play already. I don't see Arian Foster demanding a new deal and he's playing under a UDFA contract.

Plus, I think teams are looking at the Chris Johnson situation and realizing you don't give RBs 10 mil a year (unless your Adrain Peterson). He was a 7th round pick. I'm sure they can get a decent back in the middle of the draaft.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2011, 05:33 PM
He's had some huge games...but I still wouldnt be shocked, if he never duplicates the numbers he put up a year ago.

Hardesty is looking pretty solid, too. Healthy.

vidae
10-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Some players completely overestimate their value.

Pat Sims 90
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Does not suprise me. Hillis did not fit the Browns new offense. I would love to see him in Ciny but i know Cleveland will not trade him to divison rival.

vidae
10-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd take him in KC to pair with Jamaal Charles, but no way I'd pay anything more than a 5th or 6th. I'd rather just draft a RB.

gsorace
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Madden cover went to his head.

bored of education
10-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I'd take him in KC to pair with Jamaal Charles, but no way I'd pay anything more than a 5th or 6th. I'd rather just draft a RB.

i agree 100% sir

Splat
10-06-2011, 05:58 PM
If a team trades for him they are going to have to give him a new deal so you can forget him coming to KC.

Caulibflower
10-06-2011, 06:02 PM
This is not ok for my fantasy team.

I just picked up Hardesty.

LonghornsLegend
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
On the 1 hand I feel bad because for his season last year he deserves a raise. Then again, he looks alot less slower and powerful then he did already just a season ago, and it really puts teams in a bad spot for paying guys for what they did in the past, not what they will do going forward. He's exactly right in wanting to get paid, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay him.

I just picked up Hardesty.

He's just requesting a trade. Not like that results in trades. Especially when you request it a week and a half before the deadline and the guy trying to be traded needs a new contract.

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
You know what they say about Jerry Jones and Arkansas Razorbacks...

Come on down Peyton Hillis! Would be the PERFECT compliment to the Boys RB stable that lacks physicality. We'll give you Anthony Spencer AND Tashard Choice.

Spencer is a UFA and the Cowboys shouldn't overpay to keep him either. Plus Victor Butler is tha maaaan. If you don't end up extending Spencer... hey, at least you got Choice.

WMD
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe Dallas will give up a First and Third for him..

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Maybe Dallas will give up a First and Third for him..
Well we ARE talking about Jerry Jones here...

I wouldn't put it past him. What did you guys do with those picks we sent you for Roy Williams anyways?

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Eagles need a bruiser.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2011, 06:47 PM

I wouldn't put it past him. What did you guys do with those picks we sent you for Roy Williams anyways?

I know the 1st rounder was Pettigrew, at least.

Shane P. Hallam
10-06-2011, 06:52 PM

Brandon Pettigrew, Derrick Williams, and Aaron Brown essentially.

DeepThreat
10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm perfectly fine with the Browns trading Hillis. I am not fine with a big contract extension.

nepg
10-06-2011, 07:09 PM
If a team trades for him they are going to have to give him a new deal so you can forget him coming to KC.
Depends on the deal. The Chiefs have the cap room. I think, for them, it really comes down to how dedicated they really are to running the ball in future years and how badly they want to get back in the race for the AFC West this year.

Splat
10-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Depends on the deal. The Chiefs have the cap room. I think, for them, it really comes down to how dedicated they really are to running the ball in future years and how badly they want to get back in the race for the AFC West this year.

I don't disagree.

That said I think he is going to want a deal for more than what he is worth.

D-Unit
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Brandon Pettigrew, Derrick Williams, and Aaron Brown essentially.
Come to think of it, the trade wasn't completely lopsided afterall. I might've bashed Jerry too hard. Then again... their needs were comletely different from ours at the time. We would've used the picks differently, but then if they busted, we might've also bashed Jerry for not pursuing the trade for Roy. LOL. It's lovely how the world goes round. :D

vidae
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
The Chiefs are already out of the AFC West race. I could see a deal done in the offseason, but I'd be shocked if something was worked out midseason with Hillis.

J-Mike88
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
He's had some huge games...but I still wouldnt be shocked, if he never duplicates the numbers he put up a year ago.

Hardesty is looking pretty solid, too. Healthy.I got Hardesty in both of my keeper leagues.
I also have the vulture Ben Tate in waiting

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Well, if Montario Hardesty can do what Hillis can, why not? No one should be paying more than average for a runningback, anyway. Look at the Panthers (lolol).

I'd love to see this happen just for the lulz that would come from the Madden cover boy being traded mid-season.

The Madden Curse would be staying in Cleveland.

Ba-dum-tsh.

niel89
10-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Personally I would love to have Hillis on the Ravens. He is a great complement as a pounder. I want to recreate the back field of Lorenzo Neal and McClain that Baltimore had a couple season ago. I just love the way this guy plays.

Sadly though, Hillis just isn't worth that much contract or trade wise. Guys who aren't dynamic threats at RB won't get the big pay days.

RaiderNation
10-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd take him as DMC's sidekick. Bush seems to have lost a step this year, even though he has proven to be a solid short yardage back. I'd trade Bush for Hillis straight up, Browns get a much cheaper back-up to Hardesty

PoopSandwich
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM

Hardesty is looking pretty solid, too. Healthy.

Based on what, he dropped 4 passes last sunday.

SolidGold
10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I could see the Jets making a push for him. Rex wants to get back to running the ball and Shon Greene hasn't had a 100 yd rushing game in his last 19 games...he has not fulfilled his potential in the Jets offense.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Based on what, he dropped 4 passes last sunday.

Based on how the guy is running. He was a fine pro prospect and that burst is back. A healthy Hardesty, is a very good football player.

descendency
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Maybe Josh McDaniels knew more than some people realize.

BigBanger
10-07-2011, 12:07 AM
I think the Browns would be pretty stupid to pay him. You just watched the Vikings, Panthers and Titans drop millions into the RB position. Not one single team has gotten anywhere near the kind of production that warrants the type of money they threw out. If you name the top 5 or 10 RBs in the game, Peyton Hillis is not among them. Not even close.

1. Arian Foster
2. Darren McFadden
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Fred Jackson
5. Beanie Wells
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. LeSean McCoy
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Steven Jackson

How much money is he asking for? I don't know, but I think it's quite obvious that the league is a pass first league. Teams are running the ball 10 to 18 times a game on average ... and winning!!!! The sport has changed. It's a QB driven league and the premium positions are WRs, OTs, Cs, TEs, CBs, Safeties, DTs and DEs. RB has gotten devalued quite a bit over the last decade, but that value is dropping like never before ... and quick.

I don't even know how much I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a 3rd rounder? Maybe depending on the teams situation and if he'd be running behind a good run blocking offensive line. He's done nothing in 3 starts this year that shows you anything. And over the last 5 games of last season he had 1 good game where he rushed for 108 yards, but did not score 1 single TD in those 5 games. Basically he wants a big contract for playing well in about 3/4 of one single season. He doesn't even deserve a contract extension. He hasn't earned anything. He should shut up and crack the top 10 in rushing for once in his career.

tjsunstein
10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Someone is going to bring running the run first offense back eventually, and why not start with Hillis.

Complex
10-07-2011, 12:21 AM
I think the Browns would be pretty stupid to pay him. You just watched the Vikings, Panthers and Titans drop millions into the RB position. Not one single team has gotten anywhere near the kind of production that warrants the type of money they threw out. If you name the top 5 or 10 RBs in the game, Peyton Hillis is not among them. Not even close.

1. Arian Foster
2. Darren McFadden
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Fred Jackson
5. Beanie Wells
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. LeSean McCoy
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Steven Jackson

After 3 bad games( I count 2 bad games) Chris Johnson has fallen off huh. He did have 100 last week. He isn't even a top 10 running back.You must really hate Chris Johnson because I don't know how Jamaal Charles and Steven Jackson are on the list but Chris isn't.They have done less then Chris this season and Foster has barely done more than Chris.

vidae
10-07-2011, 12:24 AM
How is Jamaal Charles behind Fred Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Beanie Wells and LeGarrette Blount? He's injured, he's not dead.

Complex
10-07-2011, 12:27 AM
How is Jamaal Charles behind Fred Jackson, LeSean McCoy, Beanie Wells and LeGarrette Blount? He's injured, he's not dead.

At least your guy made the list, Chris Johnson is like the top 25th best back now according to this guy.

GaMeTiMe
10-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Someone is going to bring running the run first offense back eventually, and why not start with Hillis.

That'll happen, but not 6 weeks into the season that officially made the NFL a passing league.

Hillis has to go to a contending team with a stud RB being the only missing piece and the flexibility to extend him without definitely handing him the reigns as your long term starter. The Jets were a nice suggestion. He won't go somewhere as a complimentary piece. He wants good money and the team he goes to has to at least pretend he's going to enter the 2012 season as a starter, even if he ends up being an overpaid bruiser for 2 or 3 years. The second half of THIS season would be what a team would acquire him for, and their need for a starting RB NOW would have to outweigh the idea of biting the bullet and keeping him on board for the next few years at an inflated salary/reduced role.

vidae
10-07-2011, 12:33 AM
The Chiefs HAD a run first offense all of the last year and that was the plan this year (I'm assuming) until Charles went down.

nepg
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Yeah, it'd work too if Thomas Jones didn't just completely break down this year (makes me believe the Baldwin thing was ALL Jones more and more). I'd love to see a guy like Hillis hitting some of the holes the Chiefs OL has opened for Jones.

When it comes down to it, Hillis isn't going to get what he thinks he's worth from anyone. And that's why I think it's a good move for a team like the Chiefs who would be very much back in the AFC West with a hard runner like Hillis to go along with an emerging passing attack.

The Chiefs are out of it? A whole 2 games behind the bizarro Chargers (and really close to being tied for first if not for a freak play)?

cmarq83
10-07-2011, 06:26 AM
1. Arian Foster
2. Darren McFadden
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Fred Jackson
5. Beanie Wells
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. LeSean McCoy
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Steven Jackson

I'm not really sure you can say that Blount and Beanie have done anything to shoot them past Hillis. They are less accomplished runners, and Hillis is more useful in the passing game. This is coming from someone who loves Beanie and Blount too.

A Perfect Score
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM

1. Arian Foster
2. Darren McFadden
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Fred Jackson
5. Beanie Wells
6. Maurice Jones-Drew
7. LeSean McCoy
8. LeGarrette Blount
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Steven Jackson

How much money is he asking for? I don't know, but I think it's quite obvious that the league is a pass first league. Teams are running the ball 10 to 18 times a game on average ... and winning!!!! The sport has changed. It's a QB driven league and the premium positions are WRs, OTs, Cs, TEs, CBs, Safeties, DTs and DEs. RB has gotten devalued quite a bit over the last decade, but that value is dropping like never before ... and quick.

I don't even know how much I'd be willing to give up. Maybe a 3rd rounder? Maybe depending on the teams situation and if he'd be running behind a good run blocking offensive line. He's done nothing in 3 starts this year that shows you anything. And over the last 5 games of last season he had 1 good game where he rushed for 108 yards, but did not score 1 single TD in those 5 games. Basically he wants a big contract for playing well in about 3/4 of one single season. He doesn't even deserve a contract extension. He hasn't earned anything. He should shut up and crack the top 10 in rushing for once in his career.

No love for Ray Rice?

Splat
10-07-2011, 10:31 AM
That is the worst RB rankings I have ever seen.

Yeah, it'd work too if Thomas Jones didn't just completely break down this year (makes me believe the Baldwin thing was ALL Jones more and more).

How in the world does Jones showing his age on the field having anything to do with what happened between Jones and Baldwin?

You are so talking out of your ass.

K Train
10-07-2011, 10:58 AM
highest paid white RB ever (not that it would take that much, but hes my hero)....make it happen, i dont even care who

Splat
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
White RB's are such divas.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2011, 11:01 AM
White RBs are more common than the white cornerback! Long live Jason Sehorn pre knee injury!

Rosebud
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
White RBs are more common than the white cornerback! Long live Jason Sehorn pre knee injury!

Yeah, dude was so sweet to have back there for the first 6 games of a season. The original Bob Sanders.

Splat
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM

My brother and I would always do a fantasy draft on Madden back in the day and some how he would always end up with Sehorn lol.

I would always burn him and my brother would yell SEHOOOOOORNNN!

Good times.

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
That RB list is atrocious. Is that just the top 10 rushers so far this year or is that really how you rank them?

A Perfect Score
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
How awesome is Fred Jackson though? I wouldn't have him Top 5, but he's such a badass. No matter how hard Buffalo tries to replace him, he is always such a stud. I read the craziest stat before this season that Fred Jackson's YPC jumped to 7.2 after his 20th carry of the game. Soooooo nuts.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2011, 11:13 AM
My brother and I would always do a fantasy draft on Madden back in the day and some how he would always end up with Sehorn lol.

I would always burn him and my brother would yell SEHOOOOOORNNN!

Good times.

Before his knee injury, he was amazing! He made sick plays and the one was the Eagles game. He had very good hands. However, post injury, he was slower, and he did get burned. But I always remember the good times before the injury. Plus he is married to Angie Harmon so props to him!

I liked Sehorn, he was a damn good CB. But after his injury, he wasn't the same. Same with Ike Hillard when he was with us.

BigBanger
10-08-2011, 10:03 AM
That RB list is atrocious. Is that just the top 10 rushers so far this year or is that really how you rank them?

That wasn't my list. I was just naming the first 10 that popped into my head. I put almost no thought into that, but going forward, I would take each and every one of those RBs over Hillis ... and quite a few more backs. Including Chris Johnson and Ray Rice.

I do think Arian Foster is the best in the game right now. Peterson is the most talented, but his team sucks and he simply wont ever be able to match the production Foster is capable of putting up. I thought Foster was going to run for 1,800+ yards this year and about 20 TDs. McFadden is a beast and has the talent to solidify a lofty ranking in the top 3. Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles would be in top 5 as well based on talent, but both have issues this season. MJD deserves to be in the discussion of Top 5 RB as well as Fred Jackson.

RealityCheck
10-08-2011, 10:18 AM
I'd dig him in NE, even though our backfield is crowded, an upgrade would be welcome.

kalbears13
10-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Peyton Hillis is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Just listen to his interviews...

In other news I would love to see him on the Browns, who doesn't want to see him run behind Thomas and Mack...oh wait...I do get to see it...

A Perfect Score
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Peyton Hillis is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. Just listen to his interviews...

In other news I would love to see him on the Browns, who doesn't want to see him run behind Thomas and Mack...oh wait...I do get to see it...

NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT KAL!

Especially me, since you never talk to me anymore.

kalbears13
10-08-2011, 11:07 AM
NOBODY CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT KAL!

Especially me, since you never talk to me anymore.

hahaha I want a quarterback with something better than a noodle arm!

A Perfect Score
10-08-2011, 11:08 AM
hahaha I want a quarterback with something better than a noodle arm!

I SAID NOBODY CARES!

And pffft, you should be used to a limp noodle or two.

kalbears13
10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
I SAID NOBODY CARES!

And pffft, you should be used to a limp noodle or two.

Fantastically brilliant.