PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to.....

J-Mike88
10-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Let's help each other out here.

There are some guys I used to be high on, and have lost track of them, or they've done nothing, yet. I only have time to really focus in on my team, and catch other good games when possible.

I'll start. Fans of these teams, what's the 411 on these guys? All injuriezzzz?

-Jerry Hughes.
I wanted this guy at OLB so badly but we took Bulaga instead.

-Brandon Graham.
I wanted this guy at OLB worse, but Philly took him way before we could get him. I know he got hurt and missed his rookie year. What about this year?

-What about that receiver Adarius Bowman from Oklahoma State a few years ago? Funny first name. Some people were very enamored with his ability.

-Ramses Barden. People thought he was the next Marcus Colston. I haven't seen him on a single highlight in, what, 3 years in the league? Is he still in the league?

-Clint Sintim and Jason All-Worlids.
I've wanted another OLB for 2 years...... have these guys done anything?
I know Robert Ayers and Larry English have busted as OLBers.

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Barden is on PUP right now. We brought him along slowly since we had so many WR's ahead of him. When he finally got his first shot last year he had a good game and of course injured himself for the year. He's still coming back from that injury so unless he shows us something the 2nd half of the year he might be done with us.

Sintim just sucks. He never showed much on the field and now has had 2 major injuries the last 2 years. He supposedly has a great attitude but he was a bad fit in our 4-3. I wish him luck coming back from the injury and hope he makes it somewhere because I loved the pick at the time.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Clint! Hahaha Just a bad pick. 3-4 guy in a 43 system. Now he messed up his knee I think it is.

bigbluedefense
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
The thing with Clint was, we drafted him to fit in our 4-3 system that Spags ran.

In Spag's system, your SAM can be a joker who is more of a standup DE. But when Spags left, his system obviously left with him, and we were left with a bad fit who underachieved then got hurt.

Sad. I wish him well. But he's done with us, and probably done for his career. 2 ACLs 2 years in a row on the same knee is probably a career killer.

Barden...I don't know what to make of him. He kills training camp, then gets hurt. Every year. Then last year he finally plays in 1 game, plays 1 half, was tearing it up, then gets hurt again.

Now he missed all of camp and is on PUP, and who knows what happens when he comes back. If he can't stay healthy this year, I think we just need to cut him.

UKfan
10-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Jerry Hughes is just turrible, I think that sums it up.

A Perfect Score
10-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I was a huge Jerry Hughes fan, I wanted him something terrible for the Ravens.

TACKLE
10-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Jerry Hughes never had any business playing a 4-3. I still think he can succeed as a 34 OLB.

soybean
10-07-2011, 05:47 PM
can this also be a... "where are they now?" thread?

JOEY HARRINGTON

Broadcasting
In 2009 Harrington worked as an NFL and college football commentator for Fox Sports Radio. In 2010 he will serve as a color analyst for Oregon Ducks football games on Oregon Sports Network

On July 31, 2011, Harrington was struck by an SUV while riding his bicycle in Portland, Oregon. Harrington suffered a broken collarbone and a punctured lung due to the accident.

DoughBoy
10-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Neil O'Donnell sells field turf.

phlysac
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
-Brandon Graham.
I wanted this guy at OLB worse, but Philly took him way before we could get him. I know he got hurt and missed his rookie year. What about this year?
Had microfracture surgery in December. On reserve PUP list.

-What about that receiver Adarius Bowman from Oklahoma State a few years ago? Funny first name. Some people were very enamored with his ability.
Ran a 4.74 at the Combine. Practice and played poorly at the Senior Bowl, got arrested for marijuana possession, went undrafted.

Signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2008. Traded to the Winnepeg Blue Bombers in 2009. Signed with the Edmonton Eskimos for the 2011 season.

Jason Worlids.
Doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy. He's been hurt nearly the entire time with the Steelers.

Borat
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
What ever happened to Armando Allen, RB Notre Dame. I know he's a china doll and gets injured all the time, but when healthy, he was NFL-caliber.

FUNBUNCHER
10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Giants fans, is Devin Thomas considered a future contributor at WR or just a special teams guy??

ANd whatever happened to Everette Brown?? He just had a workout with the Skins, I thought he was still playing for Carolina??

He was drafted in 2009 and IMO was the best pass rusher available that year.
Was he cut by the Panthers??

Texans fans, has Conner Barwin turned his ridiculous measurables and non stop motor into an impact player yet??
I really thought Barwin was going to be the next big thing in the NFL, although he only played defense I think one season at Cincinnati.

Caddy
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
What ever happened to Armando Allen, RB Notre Dame. I know he's a china doll and gets injured all the time, but when healthy, he was NFL-caliber.

He was pretty impressive in Pre-Season for Tampa. But in the end he was beaten out by Mossis Madu for a practice squad position.

dj825
10-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Brown was cut after preseason, he wasnt ever really able to do much in Carolina. he really never lived up to the expectations of someone who we traded a first rounded to get, and was overshadowed by Charles Johnson and eventually Greg Hardy.

CC.SD
10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Ramses is still trucking along, there are somehow guys ahead of him due to injury.

What about Isiah Stanbeck?

Also holy **** at Joey Harrington getting crushed. You'd think he'd be used to it, ba dum ching.

V.I.P
10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
What happened to GOLDEN TATE ???

MetSox17
10-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Ramses is still trucking along, there are somehow guys ahead of him due to injury.

Also holy **** at Joey Harrington getting crushed. You'd think he'd be used to it, ba dum ching.

Isaiah Stanback was a waste of a pick. Tried converting him into a WR/KR guy and he proved to be pretty useless at everything. He was made of glass as well. We cut him after a few years and if i'm not mistaken he was picked up by the Patriots for a while.

gpngc
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Ramses Barden was dominated at the Senior Bowl. It was obvious he wasn't an NFL caliber WR there. One of Reese's few misses.

J-Mike88
10-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Jerry Hughes, I think, could have become a beast opposite Matthews in our 3-4, and 2 key media guys, Bob McGinn and Rick Gosselin, had the Packers taking Hughes last year in the draft, and they usually are as accurate as anyone. They have good sources.

But Bulaga fell way further than anyone expected, and he was a perfect match & need, for the Packers.

I still want Hughes.
James Harrison took 3 or so years to become a stud I think. Cut a few times.

Everette Brown too, good call. Many Packer fans were salivating over getting him. Instead, the Packers reached for the one-year starter from USC.

I can't believe we don't add someone with some potential upside like those guys to add some pass rush opposite Matthews. There's none lately.

But we can't question Thompson anymore LOL.

How do guys who never play, like Sintim and Worlids, and our own Mike Neal & Justin Harrell, always get hurt? Yet we have some guys who play game after game, for many years?
Good luck, or better durability?

Caulibflower
10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Donald Brown was a guy I liked a lot, albeit not as a "workhorse" runner. I liked his vision and acceleration through holes. I groaned when the Colts drafted him, because their system is terrible for running backs, and particularly runners like Donald Brown who don't have a lot of power. He was a guy who I thought would be able to be effective with decent run-blocking, which is what the Colts have never had. Anywho: Colts fans, is he still on the team? I think he's had some injury issues and whatnot, but he's a first-round pick that pretty much hasn't been mentioned since he was drafted. He made me think of Tiki Barber when he was coming out.

falloutboy14
10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Jerry Hughes is presently about 5th on the Colts DE depth chart. He's barely gotten into games and is inactive often. His issue as best I can read is that he simply can't beat anyone 1-on-1. He got his first sack last week against Tampa, but a personal foul away from the play took it off the records.

During the pre-season, he got a ton of playing time. And whether against 1st teamers or 3rd teamers, he would barely get pressure. Imo, for him to be effective, he'd either have to be schemed to where he goes un-blocked, or he's got to improve his skills.

Donald Brown has had a few injuries, but was just didn't produce when he was in. As of now he's 3rd string behind Addai & Delone Carter(rookie from Syracuse I think). If he weren't a first round pick he'd of been released by now. Can't quite remember what his specific issue was, but I believe he either had issues finding the hole to run through, or he'd get impatient and just run into the guard's back. He hasn't gotten onto the field in the regular season this year, and wasn't impressive at all during pre-season. By the end of the first pre-season game, it was obvious Carter should be 2nd string.

RCAChainGang
10-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Donald Brown had a great chance to prove himself last year when Addai went down, but the combination of our run blocking and his running style made him look useless. I think he is awful, but I can see how people could see something in him. I just hate the way he carries the ball. He never seems confident with the ball in his hands. Bottom line a terrible pick for us.

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Ramses Barden was dominated at the Senior Bowl. It was obvious he wasn't an NFL caliber WR there. One of Reese's few misses.

Then why did he do so well in the one game he finally played in?

Giantsfan1080
10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Giants fans, is Devin Thomas considered a future contributor at WR or just a special teams guy??

ANd whatever happened to Everette Brown?? He just had a workout with the Skins, I thought he was still playing for Carolina??

He was drafted in 2009 and IMO was the best pass rusher available that year.
Was he cut by the Panthers??

Texans fans, has Conner Barwin turned his ridiculous measurables and non stop motor into an impact player yet??
I really thought Barwin was going to be the next big thing in the NFL, although he only played defense I think one season at Cincinnati.

Most likely just ST but I personally think he could make it in our slot right now.

Brodeur
10-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Marquis Cooper?

DoughBoy
10-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Marquis Cooper?

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

vikes_28
10-08-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

http://www.arinsattic.com/images/aringallery/just_for_fun/iloled-pam.jpg

VUBlacknGold
10-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Marquis Cooper?

RIP..... :(

Breed
10-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Marquis Cooper?

You're an a-hole.

ChiFan24
10-08-2011, 02:16 AM

Bears practice squad.

molenguinurtle
10-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Tony Carter, the short CB from FSU a few years back

Is Jimmy Williams (tall CB from VT) still in the league somewhere?

MetSox17
10-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Man, i remember i had high hopes for Jimmy Williams. I'd always draft him in my Madden fantasy drafts.

WT01
10-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Isaiah Stanback was a waste of a pick. Tried converting him into a WR/KR guy and he proved to be pretty useless at everything. He was made of glass as well. We cut him after a few years and if i'm not mistaken he was picked up by the Patriots for a while.

Seahawks picked him up before last season. Tore his Achilles during the 2010 preseason and went on IR. They brought him back this year but he couldn't crack their rotation. Was injured again right before the 53-man cutdowsn (shoulder, I believe) and was placed on IR...again. The next day he was released on an injury settlement.

Doug Baldwin is Tate only better in pretty much every aspect (better hands, better route runner and smarter after the catch. Also has KO/P return abilities as well) and thus has taken most of his snaps.

FuzzyGopher
10-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Donald Brown had a great chance to prove himself last year when Addai went down, but the combination of our run blocking and his running style made him look useless. I think he is awful, but I can see how people could see something in him. I just hate the way he carries the ball. He never seems confident with the ball in his hands. Bottom line a terrible pick for us.

Someone posted this in the gameday thread last week, it's god damn hilarious.
DttfyOeU3vw

phlysac
10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Is Jimmy Williams (tall CB from VT) still in the league somewhere?

He signed with the 49ers on a Futures contract in 2009. Failed another drug test prior to Training Camp and was cut.

He's a FA and has to serve a 1-year suspension should he return.

He'll never play in the NFL again.

Complex
10-08-2011, 01:54 PM
What happen to Buster Davis?(middle linebacker Florida state)

Caulibflower
10-08-2011, 01:57 PM

I went back to youtube and watched some of his college highlights, and found I didn't like what I was seeing as much as I thought I did a couple years ago. He doesn't have a very tight running motion. For a back with the skills he does, he runs a little wild. Adrian Peterson running wildly is one thing, but DB sometimes looks like he's flailing a little. Honestly made me think of Sam McGuffie a little bit. (Yes, that's a bad thing) Don't think DB's a terrible running back by any means, or that McGuffie is a comparable prospect, but in retrospect my opinion of him has changed. FWIW, I also thought he would be a good pick for some team in the 2nd-3rd. Liked him, but thought round 1 was high.

Someone posted this in the gameday thread last week, it's god damn hilarious.
DttfyOeU3vw

Also saw this when I was browsing youtube. "DAMMIT DONALD!" :-)
Not going to get more playing time with the Colts if Peyton's yelling at you for missing pass blocks.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Man, i remember i had high hopes for Jimmy Williams. I'd always draft him in my Madden fantasy drafts.

I was elated when we traded up for him.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
-Ramses Barden. People thought he was the next Marcus Colston. I haven't seen him on a single highlight in, what, 3 years in the league? Is he still in the league?

HAHAHAHA!

Ramses! Mr. PUP and was on IR last year. We are waiting for the young pharoh to take the damn field! Then we can evaluate him. It's not like he is a bust or not, we need his butt on the field so we can evaluate him. If that can happen then we can see if he is good or not. He showed good progress, made a play or two. In practice he flashes a lot, so that's a plus.

Now get on the field game day and play!

So the grade is incomplete on him.

molenguinurtle
10-08-2011, 02:57 PM
He signed with the 49ers on a Futures contract in 2009. Failed another drug test prior to Training Camp and was cut.

He's a FA and has to serve a 1-year suspension should he return.

He'll never play in the NFL again.

Damn. Such a waste.

phlysac
10-08-2011, 11:17 PM
What happen to Buster Davis?(middle linebacker Florida state)

Drafted by Cardinals in 2007. Cut before the season started.

Signed to Lions PS in 2007, eventually making roster. Cut in TC 2008.

Signed by the Colts the next day (2008.) Played in 6 games.

Re-signed by Colts in 2009 and then cut 2 weeks later.

Signed by Texans a month later where he bounced between being cut and on Texans PS until he was finally waived early in 2009 season.

Last I knew, he was a Hartford Colonial of the UFL. Playing alongside interwebz HOFer Frantz Joseph.

gpngc
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Then why did he do so well in the one game he finally played in?

He has 5 career catches - "so well" when?... he can't even get on the field. He sucks. He's big. That's it. He has no quickness whatsoever.

BufFan71
10-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Drafted by Cardinals in 2007. Cut before the season started.

Signed to Lions PS in 2007, eventually making roster. Cut in TC 2008.

Signed by the Colts the next day (2008.) Played in 6 games.

Re-signed by Colts in 2009 and then cut 2 weeks later.

Signed by Texans a month later where he bounced between being cut and on Texans PS until he was finally waived early in 2009 season.

Last I knew, he was a Hartford Colonial of the UFL. Playing alongside interwebz HOFer Frantz Joseph.

He actually signed to be the head coach of the high school my girlfriend used to go to.
But he left to play in the UFL or CFL

gpngc
10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
There was someone on this site (or maybe draftblitz) that loved Timmy Chang. I think may have actually been Timmy Chang.

That guy was wrong.

niel89
10-08-2011, 11:45 PM
There was someone on this site (or maybe draftblitz) that loved Timmy Chang. I think may have actually been Timmy Chang.

That guy was wrong.

I still love Timmy Chang. I used to root for him in his NFLE games.

WMD
10-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Whatever happened to predictability? The milkman, the paperboy.. evening TV?

VUBlacknGold
10-09-2011, 12:13 AM

That guy was wrong.

dude wouldve failed every drug test. He smoked before every game, i guess thats why it seemed so slow to him and he couldnt make it in the nfl

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 08:29 AM
dude wouldve failed every drug test. He smoked before every game, i guess thats why it seemed so slow to him and he couldnt make it in the nfl
Timmy Chang or Colt Brennan?
I would have thought Brennan was the weed-lover moreso than the Changbanger.

XxXdragonXxX
10-09-2011, 10:23 AM

He was with the Seahawks the last 2 years, but he sucked and got injured and ended up on IR both years. My bet is he'll never get another contract offer again.

Struggled last year with the playbook. Struggled in preseason this year with dropped passes. He was in danger of being cut before having a good game against Oakland in the last preseason game. He still gets on the field and has 5 catches for 35 yards and a TD. Our leading receiver, undrafted Doug Baldwin is making him expendable and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone after the season. Baldwin is better than Tate in every way, faster, smarter, tougher, better hands.

Smooth Criminal
10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Worlds has earned some praise from the coaches, but done nothing on the field. He'd probably be starting for Harrison this weekend if he wasn't also injured.