PDA

View Full Version : How good of an Athlete is Von Miller?

Denver Bronco56
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Everything i have read refers to him being a freakish athlete, but looking at his combine numbers i dont really see it? And then the sports science also refrences his athleticism.

But for instance DJ Williams had better combine numbers, so just wanted to know what people thought?

A Perfect Score
10-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Well I'd venture to say anyone putting up 4.4 forties at 230+ pounds is a pretty phenomenal athlete, but that could just be me. Tie in his hip flexibility, explosion/short area quickness, and strength, I'd probably feel comfortable in calling the guy a freak. But you know, I've got low standards.

Rabscuttle
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Almost as good as Taylor Mays?

FUNBUNCHER
10-07-2011, 06:53 PM
He ran a low 4.4 at a weight of 240+# at the combine. In position drills he looked like a safety. His agility and quickness are off the charts.

IMO I thought he would be a nightmare as a rookie rushing off the edge, but I heard Denver was playing him at strongside 'backer. It seems like Denver's DC is making the same mistake the Redskins made with Lavar Arrington.

Put the kid weakside and let him blow up plays behind the LOS and chase the football.

CC.SD
10-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't know, let's all start threads about every player on our team and then determine the athleticism consensus afterwards!

LonghornsLegend
10-07-2011, 07:15 PM
He ran a low 4.4 at a weight of 240+# at the combine. In position drills he looked like a safety. His agility and quickness are off the charts.

IMO I thought he would be a nightmare as a rookie rushing off the edge, but I heard Denver was playing him at strongside 'backer. It seems like Denver's DC is making the same mistake the Redskins made with Lavar Arrington.

Put the kid weakside and let him blow up plays behind the LOS and chase the football.

The same mistake Washington made with Orakpo?

TACKLE
10-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I dunno, I would say that Von is probably the most athletic LB in the league and might have the best combo of explosiveness and agility that I've seen in a LB prospect....if that answers your question.

FUNBUNCHER
10-07-2011, 07:43 PM
The same mistake Washington made with Orakpo?

When Washington drafted Arrington, they had him playing the run and covering TEs at SAM instead of rushing off the weakside. Arrington wasn't drafted 2nd overall because of his overall tools. It was because of his pass rush ability.

Orakpo may have been better suited to play DE in a 43, but he still is rushing the passer on most downs.

Job Reborn
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
DJ is the WLB. von lines up on the edge on passing downs.

GcymhAg3UKk

zTeGDm5mEBU

(i know i could've tagged them, but i hate how much space they take up)

Then I'll tag them just to upset you.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I dunno, I would say that Von is probably the most athletic LB in the league and might have the best combo of explosiveness and agility that I've seen in a LB prospect....if that answers your question.

No 4.3? Not impressed.