PDA

View Full Version : Very quick mock

GaMeTiMe
10-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm hardly settled with all of these picks, but I did like the way it all seemed to come together. I kind of just want to throw a rough draft up to get a consensus and see if there's anything I'm missing. Didn't even add position/schools to the picks

1) Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck
2) Miami Dolphins - Matt Barkley
3) Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Kalil
4) Seattle Seahawks - Trent Richardson
5) St. Louis Rams - Jonathan Martin
6) Minnesota Vikings - Justin Blackmon
7) Denver Broncos - Dre Kirkpatrick
8) Jacksonville Jaguars - Alshon Jeffery
9) Cincinnati Bengals - Morris Claiborne
10) Cleveland Browns - Quinton Coples
11) Arizona Cardinals - Devin Taylor
12) Washington Redskins - Michael Floyd
13) Tennessee Titans - Jared Crick
14) New York Jets - David DeCastro
15) Carolina Panthers - Jayron Hosley
16) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dwayne Allen
17) Oakland Raiders - Jerel Worthy
18) Chicago Bears - Riley Rieff
19) New York Giants - Manti Te'o
20) Buffalo Bills - Kelechi Osemele
21) San Francisco 49ers - Alfonzo Dennard
22) Pittsburgh Steelers - Chase Minnifield
23) Dallas Cowboys - Janoris Jenkins
24) Houston Texans - TJ McDonald
25) Cleveland Browns (f/ATL) - Zach Brown
26) Philadelphia Eagles - Nigel Bradham
27) San Diego Chargers - Jeff Fuller
28) Detroit Lions - Melvin Ingram
29) New England Patriots (f/NO) - Michael Brewster
30) Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Jenkins
31) New England Patriots - Brandon Thompson
32) Green Bay Packers - Luke Kuechly

vidae
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
For KC, I'd rather have Trent Richardson over Kalil I think.

Robcards
10-08-2011, 03:51 PM
For KC, I'd rather have Trent Richardson over Kalil I think.

You do realize Charles is just out for this season right? Why would the Chiefs draft a player in the first round at a position that their best player plays? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, I like the Jets drafting a G, however where's Cordy Glenn? He would be a better fit and plays LG which is where we need help, and last I checked is rated higher than DeCastro.

Hurricanes25
10-08-2011, 03:53 PM
14) New York Jets - David DeCastro

Good pick. I like DeCastro a lot. He has the chance to become an elite G at the next level.

vidae
10-08-2011, 04:07 PM
You do realize Charles is just out for this season right? Why would the Chiefs draft a player in the first round at a position that their best player plays? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Do you know anything at all about the Chiefs? You constantly chime in with stuff like this and it makes no sense.

Why would we take Richardson? Because Charles isn't getting 100% of the carries and he's the type of player who needs someone behind him to take some of the punishment. Trent Richardson fits that perfectly.

And with an ACL tear like this, no one knows if Charles can come back at 100% anyway. It doesn't hurt to plan for the worst case scenario.

Robcards
10-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Do you know anything at all about the Chiefs? You constantly chime in with stuff like this and it makes no sense.

Why would we take Richardson? Because Charles isn't getting 100% of the carries and he's the type of player who needs someone behind him to take some of the punishment. Trent Richardson fits that perfectly.

And with an ACL tear like this, no one knows if Charles can come back at 100% anyway. It doesn't hurt to plan for the worst case scenario.

Do you know anything about how 1st round picks work? Especially top 10 ones? You draft a player and start them that year. If you draft a HB top 10 it's because it is a huge hole and he will get 20+ carries a game. So you guys are done with Charles just because he's injured this year? The Jets will take him, we'll trade you Sanchez for him since you said Cassell was the 2nd worst QB in the league.

Pat Sims 90
10-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Claiborne to the Bengals would be awesome.

Matthew Jones
10-08-2011, 08:00 PM
I find it really hard to believe Quinton Coples is going to fall that far down in the draft. I also think Kansas City might go with Landry Jones if they pick that high - would probably signal that there is going to be a new head coach, and new head coaches usually want to bring in their own franchise quarterback. Branden Albert has played well so far this year. Too high for Devin Taylor at this point, he's had only one sack so far and his stock is probably in the late first, early second range. Anyways, I think the Patriots are probably happy with their defensive tackles, so although Thompson is a good value someone else might be better. I see Brewster as a reach but it's a possibility I guess. I'd much rather have Peter Konz if you have him declaring.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
10-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Do you know anything about how 1st round picks work? Especially top 10 ones? You draft a player and start them that year. If you draft a HB top 10 it's because it is a huge hole and he will get 20+ carries a game. So you guys are done with Charles just because he's injured this year? The Jets will take him, we'll trade you Sanchez for him since you said Cassell was the 2nd worst QB in the league.

where did he say Charles is done? quit putting words into his mouth and pay attention to what he said. he'd like Richardson as a good addition to Charles. before his injury, Charles shared a lot of carries with Thomas Jones. TJ is completely unless and has nothing left in the tank. when the Chiefs are most effective, they are running the ball 60% of the time, for big yardage. Having Richardson as a replacement for TJ (not Charles) is not a bad idea at all.

plus, the draft is much different with the rookie wage scale. a top 10 guy doesn't have to start to earn their money. Richardson could have 900+ rushing yards his 1st season and it would be money well spent.

I also think Kansas City might go with Landry Jones if they pick that high - would probably signal that there is going to be a new head coach, and new head coaches usually want to bring in their own franchise quarterback. Branden Albert has played well so far this year.

trust me, all Chiefs fans on this site agree with you. i don't know where Landry is in this mock

GaMeTiMe
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
trust me, all Chiefs fans on this site agree with you. i don't know where Landry is in this mock

I didn't want to use all three QBs in this one, so I have him staying. Not sure he will definitely come out and be the consensus #3 QB in the draft. He'd still probably be a top-10 pick, top-12 at worst, but I'm on the "Landry Jones isn't an elite prospect right now" bandwagon so I simply have him staying; someone we don't expect to will, as with most years.

SickwithIt1010
10-10-2011, 12:33 AM
Kuechly for the Eagles would make me much happier.