PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

ZRO
10-09-2011, 01:59 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on Mr. Wilson? I've been pretty impressed with him thus far although he did struggle against Alabama, but Arky's o-line was getting manhandled.

Tough to evaluate Petrino QBs because he's such a good offensive coach and that team has so many weapons, but I like what I've seen mechanics-wise.

I think by the end of the year he could have a strong case for fourth QB behind Luck, Barkley and Jones.

rawdawg
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
He better stay in school. I think he's a pretty decent looking QB, but to me, if everyone comes out he's clearly behind Luck, Barkley, RGIII, Jones, and Tannehill. If the other guys come out, he's probably #1 next year though depending on if Bray and Murray leave and/or put on weight.

SolidGold
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
He better stay in school. I think he's a pretty decent looking QB, but to me, if everyone comes out he's clearly behind Luck, Barkley, RGIII, Jones, and Tannehill. If the other guys come out, he's probably #1 next year though depending on if Bray and Murray leave and/or put on weight.

This...he has a chance at being the first QB picked in 2013 if he stays for his senior year.

Leon Sandcastle
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
I really like this kid. He's tough as hell. Getting hit on almost every play and still delivers balls from the pocket.

I think he's the #1 QB for 2013 depending on what happens with Barkley/Jones/Griffin.

Iamcanadian
10-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I agree, Petrino's offense can make a QB look better than he is.
It is going to be very interesting to see how many juniors declare with the rookie salary cap. Many may return to school to improve their draft position and we may well see one of the lowest totals ever declaring for the draft.

SolidGold
10-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Wilson is putting up good numbers in that system. However I think his physical attributes will let him excel in the NFL. Systems can mask deficiencies but to me Wilson seems like a pretty complete QB - he has the size, arm strength and accuracy to be in considered a first round QB in 2013.

FUNBUNCHER
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tyler I believe was a big time recruit out of the state of Arkansas. For some reason some feel he's a better pro QB prospect than Mallett, just doesn't have Mallett's rare arm strength.

TACKLE
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Wilson would be right in the mix among the top QB's on my board he does declare this year. He looks like a very natural passer who's also tough and poised in the pocket. Although he may not have Mallett's arm, it's easily right there with Barkley and Landry and is better than Luck's. He really impressed me in that brief glimpse in that Auburn game last year and he's continued to build on that. Let's just say I'm a big fan of his.

JHL6719
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I'll take him right now this minute over every QB in college football right behind Luck.

Kid is tough as nails and just keeps standing in there and making boss throws while he's getting the **** beat out of him.

He's earned every ounce of my respect.

Robcards
10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I think he will be the third or fourth QB in the 2013 draft behind RGIII (assuming he's staying, saw an interview where they mentioned he was doing graduate school), Bray, and possibly Murray. He's putting up some sick numbers, but you need to remember that Arkansas has 4 extremely high rated WRs and a very good offensive line. I do like him a lot though and think he will be a steal if he goes past round 1 like Mallett was in the 2011 draft.

toussaud
10-13-2011, 10:41 AM
umm.. arknasas is starting a true freshman on the O line and a Juco lol, and while the WR core is good, Childs is no where close to what he was last year.

the o line could very well be the worst int he SEC outside of kentucky, it's pretty bad, besides Alvin Bailey. not bad per say but very young. They lost 2 NFL lineman last year and another guy who arknasas would not accept to graduate school so he had to go somewhere else for his senior year so they are breaking in 3 starters.

I'll give you RG3 and bray still hasn't beat a ranked team yet but i will even give you him, but no way he's drafted behind Aaron Murry

Leon Sandcastle
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
He's putting up some sick numbers, but you need to remember that Arkansas has a very good offensive line.

LOL! You just proved you haven't watched any of their games.