PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated team?

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Mods, I have faith that the forum fellas can debate this tactfully, in a mature manner.

Which team is the most overrated?

MetSox17
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Green Bay
/trollalalala

vidae
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Tampa Bay.

RaiderNation
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Eagles or Cowboys

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Seemed like a 10-6 team in Philly only added talent in the offseason, and a lot of it, so it's really surprising to me to see them get off to a 1-4 start.

Basileus777
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
The Eagles are 1-4 with their only win coming against the worst team in the league. I don't think they are overrated anymore, everyone knows they suck.

MetSox17
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Eagles or Cowboys

Just curious, since i know it was inevitable that someone mentioned Dallas, but how exactly are they overrated? lol

tjsunstein
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
It has to be the Eagles.
But it may soon become the Bills.

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't think it's any secret that the eagles are complete garbage.

Breed
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
How are we overrated? I think we are rated about right.
I'ma go with Jets or Atlanta

tjsunstein
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Change your sig you clown.

Pat Sims 90
10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
The Dream Team

scottyboy
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM
how the **** are the giants on this? giants fans don't think we're good, why does everyone else leading to this week think we are, and then call us over-rated when we lose?

and tampa and pitt because they both kinda suck

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Change your sig you clown.

It's in it's ironic stage now. A regular SWDC meme.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Calm down Scotty.

Brent
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Calm down Scotty.
only when you calm down the Giants hype train! ;)

Ness
10-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Eagles.

"Hey clowns, Hey clowns

Your dream is over...

Hey clowns, Hey clowns..."

Menardo75
10-09-2011, 07:11 PM
The Falcons far and away.

ImBrotherCain
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't see how it can be anyone but Philly. Yes other teams have had rough seasons but come on this team was proclaimed as Super Bowl champs by many when the season started.

Jvig43
10-09-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm really tired of all the Giant fans saying how good they are around here. Man the Giant are overrated.........

scottyboy
10-09-2011, 07:28 PM
WHATEVER I HATE ALL OF YOU!
at least I still have rutgers to keep my boner going from yesterday

jrdrylie
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I'ma go with Jets or Atlanta

Look at your sig to see how you are overrated. The Eagles were called the Dream Team. You say they are better than the Packers. All the "experts" were basically putting them in the Super Bowl after free agency. I don't see how the answer to this question can be anything other than the Eagles.

It shouldn't be a surprise though. Michael Vick has never has consecutive playoff seasons. I predicted they would go about 7-9 and miss the playoffs. From the look of things, it looks like I might have overrated them myself.

Ness
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Perhaps now it's the Buccaneers. 3-2 isn't that bad of a start, but losing 48-3 can really speak volumes.

bucfan12
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Mods, I have faith that the forum fellas can debate this tactfully, in a mature manner.

Which team is the most overrated?

Judging on you're most recent posts, you're looking for a bunch of immature arguments.

It's week 5. Last time I checked, we play 16 games.

For example,: Baltimore could beat Pittsburgh by 5 tds in week 1 all they want, but it means crap if they don't win later in the season.

We might see the Eagles recover and go 11-5, the season is still young. Heck, it's the 1st week teams just started to go on there BYE's.

bucfan12
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Perhaps now it's the Buccaneers. 3-2 isn't that bad of a start, but losing 48-3 can really speak volumes.

No doubt, 48-3 is absolutely terrible. But I still wouldn't doubt the talent or take them lightly. Remember, they did come off a short week and had to go cross country. Kind of hard to do with no rest. Ehh?

But I do agree, I predicted this as a trap game and a 10 point loss. But I didn't think they'd play that lazy.

Still wouldn't call the youngest team in the league overrated, especially over the "dream team".

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
only when you calm down the Giants hype train! ;)

I never hype anything. I'm even keel.

Splat
10-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Tampa Bay because their fans are annoying.

Ness
10-09-2011, 07:46 PM
No doubt, 48-3 is absolutely terrible. But I still wouldn't doubt the talent or take them lightly. Remember, they did come off a short week and had to go cross country. Kind of hard to do with no rest. Ehh?

But I do agree, I predicted this as a trap game and a 10 point loss. But I didn't think they'd play that lazy.

Still wouldn't call the youngest team in the league overrated, especially over the "dream team".

The loss was bad for the Buccaneers, but I've seen similar losses for teams and later on down the road those teams have gone on to do some great things.

V.I.P
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Tampa Bay because their fans are annoying.

I hate you Splat

Iamcanadian
10-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I'll go with Philly although the Jets and the Cowboys are close.
Vick had a lot to prove last year and worked his butt off to prove something. Now he seems to be settling in as an up and down QB who lacks consistency.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 12:18 AM
The Eagles are 1-4 with their only win coming against the worst team in the league. I don't think they are overrated anymore, everyone knows they suck.

I suppose I was thinking of how they were rated going into the season.

As far as how teams are generally being ranked in power polls right now...maybe the Titans. I am going to be kind of surprised if they end up with a winning record, despite their start. We're starting to see that today in their loss the the Steelers, who are pretty mediocre this year.

yodabear
10-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Philly and it ain't much of a debate in my eyes. I had them going to the Super Bowl.

senormysterioso
10-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Maybe the Lions. I like their team, but people are really drinking the kool aid on them

nobodyinparticular
10-10-2011, 01:16 AM
WHATEVER I HATE ALL OF YOU!
at least I still have rutgers to keep my boner going from yesterday

Since yesterday? You might want to have a doctor look at that. I'm pretty sure those public service announcements say to talk to a doctor if you've had a boner for 4 hours. You know, those PSAs about ED. They even let you know about the cure for it.

Splat
10-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I hate you Splat

"Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it."

J-Mike88
10-10-2011, 08:44 AM
It's week 5. Last time I checked, we play 16 games.
OK fellas, bucsfan wants us to hold off til, January? to have any more discussions? Or discussions that might paint his paper Bucs in a negative manner.

Should we hold off all discussions until the season is over and things are set in stone?

Is that what you want bucsfan12, or should we just not mention Tampa? Let me know.

I don't see how the Cowboys are overrated. It seemed like 9-out-of-10 people picked Philly in that division, and the Eagles are 1.5 games behind Dallas at this particular point in time. Dallas is 2-2, handing the 49ers their only loss, the Redskins their only loss, and the Jets a rare win.

I think the Cowboys are okay, but they like to put their elderly fans into cardiac arrest by raising their blood pressure/heart rates late in games. Well that's Romo only.

PackerLegend
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Philly as it turns out was by far the most overrated but that ship has crashed as of now.

The Lions are definitely a much improved team and it just seems some people are going a bit crazy on them. They are good but im just not entirely sold on them yet. Time will tell.

BigBanger
10-10-2011, 04:22 PM
The fact that anyone even cares about "the dream team" still makes them the most overrated since they're horrible and will have to save face just to go 8-8.

But the Jets are kinda terrible. They don't have a QB worth a lick and their defense and rushing attack was the only thing that made Sanchez not terrible. Their offense sucks and their defense isn't what it used to be, mainly because Cromartie isn't having a career year and doesn't tackle anymore. Now that the pressure is on the QB to make plays, they are going to fold since he can't make plays. His arm is one of the worst in the NFL and he can't overcome that.

The Steelers shouldn't be on this list and neither should the Giants. Who had expectations for the Giants to go anywhere going into the season? And what has changed? I don't even know why the Chargers on here as well. Good defense, elite QB, good running game and much improved special teams play ... that will equate to a good record and the playoffs. They're only going to get better.

The Steelers put the worst, make shift offensive line in football out there on a weekly basis and Big Ben still finds a way to win. That defense, despite not being elite anymore, is still good enough to keep them in games, and I think they're still ranked in the top 5 overall. They have a QB who makes enough clutch plays to overcome their shortcomings in the running game and pass protection. That's why Big Ben is still elite. The Steelers also have an extremely weak schedule to close out the last six games of the season. They're going to the playoffs, but will probably struggle in the playoffs and against elite teams since their offensive line is the worst in football and they do struggle against the pass and can't create turnovers.

The 49ers would be much more deserving over the Chargers, Cowboys, Giants and Steelers. Eagles, Jets, Bucs, 49ers and Falcons are all deserving to be on this list.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
But the Jets are kinda terrible. They don't have a QB worth a lick and their defense and rushing attack was the only thing that made Sanchez not terrible. Their offense sucks and their defense isn't what it used to be, mainly because Cromartie isn't having a career year and doesn't tackle anymore. Now that the pressure is on the QB to make plays, they are going to fold since he can't make plays. His arm is one of the worst in the NFL and he can't overcome that.

Hm curious phrasing.

Last year he did, which was probably the only year he ever tackled. He played out of his mind last year and he tackled, which was probably a first. This year he's back to playing like a *****.

Yeah I suppose in a contract year he might have shown some effort. Not during any other year, or a playoff game, or things like that. Probably the most predictable situation ever.

BigBanger
10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Hm curious phrasing.
Last year he did, which was probably the only year he ever tackled. He played out of his mind last year and he tackled, which was probably a first. This year he's back to playing like a *****.

DraftSavant
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Houston. Again. Like it is every year.

They're going to lose the division again, and Manning's not even in their way this time around.

PackerLegend
10-10-2011, 05:53 PM

They're going to lose the division again, and Manning's not even in their way this time around.

You really believe that? Forget Manning nobody is in their way. Colts have no chance, Jags suck, Titans are really the only threat but they are not better. I doubt Houston doesn't win it.

BigBanger
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Houston is not overrated. Not this year. They are the favorites to win their division and with their DEFENSE, something they've never had, they now stand a legitimate chance to win the division; and realistically, there is no reason why they shouldn't, they are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. This isn't the same Texans team we've seen lose game after game with scores like 33-31. Now they're winning the 17-10 games instead of losing it. Arian Foster is one of the few backs left in the NFL that a team can ride to a victory. He is a dominant player and the Texans are going to be much better in 4 of 5 weeks with Foster and Andre Johnson at full health. They'll be clicking on all cylinders. With this defense that only needs to be slightly above the average they'll be just fine. As long as they stay in top 10 or 12 in defense, the Texans will be a 10 win team ... without question.

This isn't the same Texans team we've seen. They have a defense, one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL and a capable QB -- who is probably now the weakest link, but I've never been a fan of Schaub to begin with.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Houston is not overrated. Not this year. They are the favorites to win their division and with their DEFENSE, something they've never had, they now stand a legitimate chance to win the division; and realistically, there is no reason why they shouldn't, they are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. This isn't the same Texans team we've seen lose game after game with scores like 33-31. Now they're winning the 17-10 games instead of losing it. Arian Foster is one of the few backs left in the NFL that a team can ride to a victory. He is a dominant player and the Texans are going to be much better in 4 of 5 weeks with Foster and Andre Johnson at full health. They'll be clicking on all cylinders. With this defense that only needs to be slightly above the average they'll be just fine. As long as they stay in top 10 or 12 in defense, the Texans will be a 10 win team ... without question.

This isn't the same Texans team we've seen. They have a defense, one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL and a capable QB -- who is probably now the weakest link, but I've never been a fan of Schaub to begin with.

It's funny you mention being able to ride Foster because there's another team in that division with a RB who has proven a heck of a lot more than Arian Nation has. Titans are a more than legitimate threat in that division right now considering how Hasselbeck has looked.

Ness
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
It's funny you mention being able to ride Foster because there's another team in that division with a RB who has proven a heck of a lot more than Arian Nation has. Titans are a more than legitimate threat in that division right now considering how Hasselbeck has looked.

I wouldn't go that far. Titans just got blown out by the Steelers who the Texans beat. And Chris Johnson isn't the same back as he was last season so far. I think both teams are neck and neck at this point, although Houston is really getting banged up which might screw them over down the line.

BigBanger
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Arian Foster was, without any question, the best RB in the NFL last year. You watched him, and you saw that. The numbers were gaudy. He had a pretty great season. Based on those 16 games alone, he was the best, and it wasn't even close. He had over 2,200 total yards and 18 TDs. He comes in after the hamstring injury this year and puts $1.50 on the Pittsburgh Steelers like it's nothing then throws up 184 yards in total offense against the Raiders, in what some, including myself, may consider a down week for him. Foster is certainly among the elite RBs in the NFL and between he and Chris Johnson ... right now? I don't think it's even close. Arian is the much better player.

CJ is a great player, and maybe I've just never been all that high on him to begin with, but he honestly doesn't look all that fast this year and if he isn't fast, then he isn't the same player. The Titans offensive line isn't the same and he's really not the same for it. It's why I've always said Adrian Peterson is better than Chris Johnson. Peterson puts up great production behind a bad offensive line. We're now just starting to see what Johnson does when his offensive line isn't elite. Foster might not be as talented, but he's in a much better situation with much more talent around him. The loss of Kenny Britt is going to hurt the Titans in the long haul. Britt could have easily emerged as one of the best WRs in the NFL this year and I think he was well on his way in doing that. That is a huge loss, not only for the running game, but for Hasselbeck as well. I don't think the Titans keep up this pace and I don't think Chris Johnson has anywhere near the same kind of season he has had in the past. This is the worst start to his career of any season he's ever had. He's just not the same back he was two years ago. It's a different team, and they're not as good up front. I don't think he is the type of back that you ride to victory. He has done nothing to show that as of late. Two years ago? He certainly was, but the NFL changes quickly from one season to another. I watched him against the Steelers. He looked bad. He was running with no power and no strength. I would be shocked if the Titans win more than 7 games. Shocked. They're not a very good team.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't go that far. Titans just got blown out by the Steelers who the Texans beat. And Chris Johnson isn't the same back as he was last season so far. I think both teams are neck and neck at this point, although Houston is really getting banged up which might screw them over down the line.

So you wouldn't go so far as to say the Titans are a threat for the division, but you think they are neck and neck with the Texans? :D

This is one of my favorite races going on right now I think it'll come down to the wire. Super bummed about Mario going down actually.

Banger you make some good points, I definitely understand that RB is a tenuous position to be the best at but it's not some big shock that Arian is nicked up. The guy was undrafted almost completely due to injury concerns IIRC so getting a complete year out of him was never a guarantee. I would take CJ who has at least proven he can take the beating and unlike most people I am not willing to call it on his season after 5 games following a holdout. Talent like that usually finds a way to ramp up in a big way.

Da-Phins
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
The common answer is the Eagles but Im gonna go with the Bills. I dont get all the hype they been getting. Yeah they are 4-1 but I think its more of the fact of who they been playing and not actually beating good teams. Beating the Pats was an impressive win but the rest, meh, not so much. Isnt too hard for many teams to beat the Chiefs, Raiders and the Eagles. They choked against the Bengals and the Eagles basically gave the Bills a win last week with the stupid mental errors and turnovers. I see them come crashing down soon like the Broncos did on 09.

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
The common answer is the Eagles but Im gonna go with the Bills. I dont get all the hype they been getting. Yeah they are 4-1 but I think its more of the fact of who they been playing and not actually beating good teams. Beating the Pats was an impressive win but the rest, meh, not so much. Isnt too hard for many teams to beat the Chiefs, Raiders and the Eagles. They choked against the Bengals and the Eagles basically gave the Bills a win last week with the stupid mental errors and turnovers. I see them come crashing down soon like the Broncos did on 09.
The Bills have beat:
New England
Kansas City
Oakland
Philadelphia

If you're going to say they're overrated, fine, but it's not because of who they beat. That's a respectable schedule.

Da-Phins
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
The Bills have beat:
New England
Kansas City
Oakland
Philadelphia

If you're going to say they're overrated, fine, but it's not because of who they beat. That's a respectable schedule.

On paper its a respectable schedule but thats it. I give them credit for beating the Pats, Chiefs were playing horrible the first few games, you dont know what you will get from the Raiders and the Eagles have been playing horrible this year.

KCJ58
10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
eagles fan should stop bitching, I'm a rams fan and were terrible, so bad that your guys only win is against us. And yes you are way overrated

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
On paper its a respectable schedule but thats it. I give them credit for beating the Pats, Chiefs were playing horrible the first few games, you dont know what you will get from the Raiders and the Eagles have been playing horrible this year.
The way they won has been respectable too, they've done it every way. Blowout, close games, comebacks.

San Diego Chicken
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
San Diego. We've beaten a bunch of lousy teams and have managed to make it a game with all of them.

DraftSavant
10-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Yeah, it's coming out today the Raiders only had 10 men on the field on the final play where Schaub got picked off in the endzone. That play encapsulated his career. Again. Just like the pick-six in the Baltimore game last year.

They lost Mario for the season yesterday, too.

Their only saving grace is that the rest of the division is downright pitiful.

Pat Sims 90
10-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I would say Tampa Bay now is close 2nd for me only behind the Eagles.

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 09:02 PM
You had to know the Bucs would come back down after last year.

nobodyinparticular
10-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, it's coming out today the Raiders only had 10 men on the field on the final play where Schaub got picked off in the endzone. That play encapsulated his career. Again. Just like the pick-six in the Baltimore game last year.

10 men on the field? Really? Where are you reading that?

Basileus777
10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
10 men on the field? Really? Where are you reading that?
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Raiders-had-10-men-on-the-field-for-game-?urn=nfl-wp9357

CC.SD
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
The 11th man was Al Davis.

nobodyinparticular
10-12-2011, 02:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Raiders-had-10-men-on-the-field-for-game-?urn=nfl-wp9357

Wow. Makes the play at the end all the more incredible. That said, dumb move. Raiders got lucky/earned it by playing hard. You're not going to win too many battles when you're down a man.

On another note I liked the replay of the interception. This was the first time I saw a bird's eye view of the play as all of the shots during and after the game were close up from the ground level.

After the game, people (even Tommy Kelly) said Schaub gave the game away when he chose to pass rather than run the ball in. From the ground-level view, I suspected Branch had a solid read on the angle, but from the bird's-eye view there's no doubt about it. If Schaub takes two more steps, he will get pummeled no closer than 3 yards from the endzone. That was a heads up play by branch to pull up from his zone to cover the run and great coverage on the backside by everyone especially Huff who ended up making the play on the ball.

Breed
10-12-2011, 03:35 AM
I understand us being in first because of all the SB hype. How the heck does Tampa have more votes than the Jets? 99.9% of the media had Tampa going 5-11 or something like that.. On the other hand Jets were talked about & haven't did squat.

JETS ARE OVERATED! Same goes for Atlanta, they haven't looked good since that playoff game last year.

BigBanger
10-12-2011, 03:46 AM
I understand us being in first because of all the SB hype. How the heck does Tampa have more votes than the Jets? 99.9% of the media had Tampa going 5-11 or something like that.. On the other hand Jets were talked about & haven't did squat.

JETS ARE OVERATED! Same goes for Atlanta, they haven't looked good since that playoff game last year.

I ... I ... actually ... agree ... with ... you ...

And by the way, Mike Vick just threw another interception. He's just doing his job.

I think 9 wins is all thats going to take to win that division. I think Houston is the only team that finishes above .500.

I'm not a fan of Matt Schaub, but he's good enough to get them to the playoffs this year. The stars are aligned.