PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow has taken the field for the Denver Broncos.

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
With the first Denver possession of the second half. This is a conversation topic. You all know why.

MetSox17
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
We need a live look in

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/85142/2/watch-denver-broncos-vs-san-diego-chargers.html

haha...bad three-and-out.

cvv84
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Ugh, I needed one spot start from Orton - against my better judgement :(

niel89
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Tebow-ner!

Matthew Jones
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you Mr. Carter!

CC.SD
10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
The first quarter of the Tebow era has concluded.

bigbluedefense
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Good. Now he can officially suck without any excuses and we won't have to hear all that Tim Tebow crap anymore.

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Ugh, I needed one spot start from Orton - against my better judgement :(
Ugh for me too.... I needed a spot start from WR Brandon Lloyd, and the ph*qer has ZEROOOOOO so far..... pathetic, ugly football team.

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
He can't pass for **** so far today, but man, it is fun to watch him run the ball.

niel89
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Passing is for QBs who can't run.

cvv84
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Ugh for me too.... I needed a spot start from WR Brandon Lloyd, and the ph*qer has ZEROOOOOO so far..... pathetic, ugly football team.

He actually got me -1 points because of the INT...

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Tebow has sparked the Broncos!

They have the ball and down just a score now..... fired up the team and the crowd.
But can he pass the ball?

I need SOMETHING, anything, from Brandon Lloyd dammit.

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
It's Teeeeeebooooow Tiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!

I'll take a unique offense if they can keep getting positive running plays and getting the screen game to work. Fun to watch. Probably not effective long-term.

stephenson86
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
...mounting the comeback.

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Orton needs to be released or traded.
He just doesn't want to be there, and nobody seems to want him.

Brandon Lloyd sucks balls today though. Thanks for nothing but a couple-a-drops.

cvv84
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
In Tebow we trust

JRTPlaya21
10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Lol yup that last Lloyd catch sure was something.

nepg
10-09-2011, 06:31 PM
The crowd is chanting TEBOW!

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 06:32 PM
#33 (DB) of the Chargers shoved the WR #12 out of the end zone right about the time Tebow threw it.
How is that not illegal contact or pass interference?

nepg
10-09-2011, 06:35 PM
#33 (DB) of the Chargers shoved the WR #12 out of the end zone right about the time Tebow threw it.
Yeah, there was a lot of potential PI calls on the Chargers on that last play.

Robcards
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/jesus-christ-claims-tim-tebow-not-ready-to-be-nfl,21167/

A Perfect Score
10-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Don't tell anyone, but I've got a Tebowner right now.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM

Yeah, there was a lot of potential PI calls on the Chargers on that last play.

fyi guys the PI rules get a lot fuzzier when the QB is out of the pocket and I'm pretty sure they get thrown out the window completely when he starts breakdancing or whatever the heck that spin move was :)

Tebow's energy was palpable but his ability to throw the ball was not. Until the final drive he had 0 yards passing in the entire second half. Actually Knowshon's screen went for a TD so I guess it's 0 yards through forward passes. Still fun to watch.

crossroads
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
I'd give the credit for Denver's comeback effort more on San Deigo letting up a bit and not having prepared for defending Tebow as a runner than anything Tebow did as a QB. His accuracy was downright terrible, and of his 3 completions that actually gained yardage one was a screen, one was a circus catch from LLoyd, and the other was to a wide-open Fells when SD was playing a prevent defense...also he had quite a bit of trouble taking the snap from under center.

TheMorningZoo
10-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I am not really a Tebow fan-like the guy, but being " real " I don't see him as a Franchise Quarterback. That being said, the guy is a winner. I know he is the media's darling but he has the "it" factor. Granted he lacks just about everything else, but if he can be taught proper mechanics (highly doubtful), maybe he works out? Regardless they should start him the rest of the year, see what results they get, and hey maybe they can draft Luck or someone else if they feel he isn't worth it.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
No one in their right mind thought Denver's offense looked pretty in the second half yesterday, but it was more effective with Tebow taking the snaps than it was with Kyle Orton.

TimmG6376
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
No one in their right mind thought Denver's offense looked pretty in the second half yesterday, but it was more effective with Tebow taking the snaps than it was with Kyle Orton.

Reminded me of this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109127/

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 03:22 PM
after a year and a half (or more, if you think he was actually working on it prior to the draft), his throwing motion has actually gotten worse.

This is what it looked like to me, too. Not only that, but it seemed like every single time he dropped back to throw, he had to run around a bit before letting it go....if not just taking off downfield. We saw no quick reads from Tim Tebow yesterday. Quite a bit of athleticism, but precious little of the cerebral side.

nepg
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Reminded me of this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109127/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118618/

nepg
10-10-2011, 03:53 PM
This is what it looked like to me, too. Not only that, but it seemed like every single time he dropped back to throw, he had to run around a bit before letting it go....if not just taking off downfield. We saw no quick reads from Tim Tebow yesterday. Quite a bit of athleticism, but precious little of the cerebral side.
To be fair, the guy has had zero reps with the first team offense. He has very little chemistry built with them and doesn't know where to expect they'll be. Give him a week's worth of reps and we'll judge him on things like this next week.

In the SD game, let's just go ahead and give him credit for getting the Broncos back in the game and almost winning it by any means necessary.

nepg
10-10-2011, 04:09 PM
especially when 'by any means necessary' involved throwing nearly every pass into the dirt in front of an open receiver. though i'm sure that will change with 'practice'.
Not saying he'll get better, but I'm willing to give him a pass on that game. It's tough to come in to the middle of the game like that when you haven't played meaningful football in so long.

tuan33
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
especially when 'by any means necessary' involved throwing nearly every pass into the dirt in front of an open receiver. though i'm sure that will change with 'practice'.

I mean it's the best option at the moment anyways. You know Orton isn't going to lead you anywhere, might as well let Tebow show what he can do this year. It's basically a win-win for Bronco fans. If he sucks, you give up on him and draft another QB. If he does well, you got your franchise QB.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I've historically been a Tebow guy, but honestly, yesterday he just looked like a running back out there. His throws, excepting perhaps the throw to Lloyd (which was still a much better Lloyd catch than Tebow throw) and his last completion to get them down to the thirty, were just not good. His accuracy and anticipation were terrible. I was kind of disappointed. He's gotta understand by now that passing in the NFL is not just a downfield version of the option.

nepg
10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
I've historically been a Tebow guy, but honestly, yesterday he just looked like a running back out there. His throws, excepting perhaps the throw to Lloyd (which was still a much better Lloyd catch than Tebow throw) and his last completion to get them down to the thirty, were just not good. His accuracy and anticipation were terrible. I was kind of disappointed. He's gotta understand by now that passing in the NFL is not just a downfield version of the option.
There is no doubt that McDaniels leaving destroyed Tebow's development. We actually saw massive strides last year.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
There is no doubt that McDaniels leaving destroyed Tebow's development. We actually saw massive strides last year.

As the head coach did McDaniels really have much involvement with Tebow developing?

niel89
10-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Tebow isn't a very good QB honestly, but he works hard, the team plays hard for him, and the fan get excited. To be the best player he can, he should be on the bench for another 2 years, but people are going to want to throw him in there to see what he's got. He is fun to watch, period.

I honestly think he is a better football player than he is a QB. He shouldn't be afraid to run it, but it shouldn't be his 1st/2nd option.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Tebow isn't a very good QB honestly, but he works hard, the team plays hard for him, and the fan get excited. To be the best player he can, he should be on the bench for another 2 years, but people are going to want to throw him in there to see what he's got. He is fun to watch, period.

I honestly think he is a better football player than he is a QB. He shouldn't be afraid to run it, but it shouldn't be his 1st/2nd option.

I'd almost wonder if they ought to just let him play Tebow-style for a season and just see what happens. **** it, let him run around with it. They already spent the draft pick, and it's not like they're going to the playoffs anytime soon with Kyle Orton leading the team. Just let him run it. He's not a pocket passer. He's a big bundle of athleticism and testosterone and aggression. He's got a strong arm. That's what you've got to find a way to use. And hell, maybe you do make him a fullback/gadget player. Anyone think he can't do what Peyton Hillis or LeGarrett Blount does? Denver could use him as a running back, and just throw in all kinds of crazy HB-option-passes. I'm increasingly dubious that he can succeed as a standard-style QB, but I'm still excited by his physical ability and enthusiasm. I think he probably needs a more creative head coach than John Fox, though.

Rosebud
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I'd almost wonder if they ought to just let him play Tebow-style for a season and just see what happens. **** it, let him run around with it. They already spent the draft pick, and it's not like they're going to the playoffs anytime soon with Kyle Orton leading the team. Just let him run it. He's not a pocket passer. He's a big bundle of athleticism and testosterone and aggression. He's got a strong arm. That's what you've got to find a way to use. And hell, maybe you do make him a fullback/gadget player. Anyone think he can't do what Peyton Hillis or LeGarrett Blount does? Denver could use him as a running back, and just throw in all kinds of crazy HB-option-passes. I'm increasingly dubious that he can succeed as a standard-style QB, but I'm still excited by his physical ability and enthusiasm. I think he probably needs a more creative head coach than John Fox, though.

Yep, any passing play that keeps Timmy in the pocket is automatically stupid, so let him run around and move the pocket, maybe that'll help his receivers get open enough to kick the ball up into their hands and they'll actually get some offense going. I'm for it.

Timbathia
10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Yep, any passing play that keeps Timmy in the pocket is automatically stupid, so let him run around and move the pocket, maybe that'll help his receivers get open enough to kick the ball up into their hands and they'll actually get some offense going. I'm for it.

The Broncos have a history with it as Jake Plummer made a living off the play-action bootleg. Just let Tebow run that every time a passing play is called and if he doesnt see an open receiver then just truck someone.

nepg
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
As the head coach did McDaniels really have much involvement with Tebow developing?
yes. he sure did.

nepg
10-10-2011, 06:13 PM
i strongly disagree. he still took 6 hours to throw the ball. his reads were still generally poor. he was still a run first qb. he was certainly throwing fewer passes into the dirt, but it's not like he was actually all that accurate last year.
We have to remember where he was coming from. Also, he wasn't ready to play last year, they forced him into action after they canned McDaniels. He was never supposed to see the field until his **** was fixed.

ViperVisor
10-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I saw a spark and excitement last year with Troy Smith. Some people were going nuts but I advised caution.

That was his completion % week by week.

Once Tebow goes on he will probably be exposed as not a legit NFL QB.

He doesn't get to play vs. the worst pass D of all time, HOU 2010, this year to rack up garbage stats.

Rosebud
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I saw a spark and excitement last year with Troy Smith. Some people were going nuts but I advised caution.

That was his completion % week by week.

Once Tebow goes on he will probably be exposed as not a legit NFL QB.

He doesn't get to play vs. the worst pass D of all time, HOU 2010, this year to rack up garbage stats.

That's why the Broncos should just pretend like every play is a "wildcat" play and just say **** it, let's try it Special Tim's way! Worst case scenario is Tebow shows some ability to win games and some progress and prevents them from drafting Andrew Luck. Oh noez.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 07:22 PM
i don't entirely disagree. and it was yet another failure of mcdaniels. you don't draft a 3 year project qb when you've created the most talent bereft team in the nfl. that's something you can do when there's enough team there to carry 3 years while he gets a chance to develop. but it's simply no longer a luxury any team or coach will ever have again in the nfl on a bad team with a bad qb. especially if newton keeps playing well.

I wonder what would have happened if McDaniels had been like, you know what this Cutler kid is a prick but at least he's a pro bowl QB and stuck it out.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 07:27 PM
he and philip rivers would've eventually just had a fistfight at mid-field. cutler would've cried. and the replay booth would've been inoperable, so the refs would be unable to sort it out.

seriously... i dunno. if he'd not drafted moreno and had addressed the defense, this could be a dramatically different team. though, keep in mind, mcdaniels was just about as bad in the RZ as shanahan, iirc.

******* hochuli! Effing ******** cause we had to take all that crap about being an 8-8 playoff team when we were really 9-7.

Anyway Moreno looked okay yesterday, he's no Willis McGahee though.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
meh, he had one catch. he might be ok as a pure 3rd down back, but he's about as capable of running between the tackles as reggie bush or laurence maroney.

fwiw, i've never felt worse for anyone than when hochuli blew that whistle too early.

Yeah but tbh he deserved it because there is no reason on earth to blow a whistle there. When the ball travels backwards it is not going forward.

They also messed up the call afterward btw because they spotted the ball at where the fumble was recovered, making it a clear acknowledgment of the fumble, yet gave possession back to denver, which is so far outside the lines it defies the very fabric of reality and clearly I'm still harboring a little anger here that I didn't know about.

Raiderz4Life
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
(yes, i realize that the only way i can even begin to talk trash in the afcw this year is to bring up things from like, a decade ago)

fully agree. the entire game was laughable from a refereeing standpoint. i mean, for me laughing in entertainment, for y'all, probably more of a maniacal laughter.

haha I remember that game. Was hilarious...I enjoyed it.

Splat
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Broncos roll with Tebow (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/broncos-roll-with-tebow/)

It has begun...

niel89
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
bb1zHpeBeZM

Makes Qb highlight tape

Half are running plays

jth1331
10-11-2011, 01:30 PM
What people need to understand Tebow will never have gaudy stats that people like to see.
I think the Broncos should definitely just say screw it, and go to a spread-option offense and see if it works with Tebow. I think that is where he is best at, spreading out the defense giving him/the RB running room or access to quick, easy throws.

I'm excited to see how this plays out and see if he is a future franchise QB or not. Its a win-win for us Bronco fans. If he sucks, well we have a good shot at Luck or one of the other QB's. If he does well, awesome, we got a franchise QB.

mqtirishfan
10-12-2011, 01:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/espns-qbr-stat-puts-tebow-ahead-of-rodgers/

Hail Tebow, better than Aaron Rodgers.

49erNation85
10-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Niel awsome video!Hopefully Tebow will put up more number and hight light films the rest of season.I'm excited to see him play and it is about time!!

tjsunstein
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I hope the kid does well, but I can't see him ever turning into a long term solution.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Like I said in the Broncos thread, I'm glad we at least get to see what he's made of. Plus, not only is he not Kyle Orton, he isn't Brady Quinn either. Neither of our other QBs can boast that.

Denver Bronco56
10-14-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnEuisuFFM8

CC.SD
10-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Like I said in the Broncos thread, I'm glad we at least get to see what he's made of. Plus, not only is he not Kyle Orton, he isn't Brady Quinn either. Neither of our other QBs can boast that.

They can each go 1 for 2!