PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach in 2012

shylo3716
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I am a die hard Eagle and love Andy Reid, but I actually believe if we pick in the Top 10 of the draft this year he will be gone. In all actuality I also believe the interview process has begun for us.

If Andy is no longer with us after the season I would love to see us go after Bill Cowher or Rob Ryan. I really don't know what it will take for Cowher to come out of retirement, but I think if he looks at what we have to offer for him to work with, he would consider it.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
1. The Eagles won't pick in the top 10
2. Andy Reid will be the coach next year.

niel89
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I think its Andy Red for sure

shylo3716
10-09-2011, 06:28 PM
1-4 just don't sit right with me. I don't know how we are going to bounce back off this. We do not have a confidence builder.

J-Mike88
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Jon Gruden might come back for that situation.
Where's the Sheriff?

shylo3716
10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Jon Gruden might come back for that situation.
Where's the Sheriff?

Would love to have a master mind like Charles Lee Ray

http://katchop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gruden-vs-chucky-copy.jpg

Jvig43
10-09-2011, 06:51 PM
ScottWrightsdraftoverreactioncountdown.com

tjsunstein
10-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Still going to be Andy Reid...

JBCX
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Why is everyone so sure it is going to be Andy Reid?

Wade Phillips was given an extension prior to the 2010 season, and his Cowboys started off as a disaster and he was then fired midway through that season.

If a team is drastically underperforming, and problems on the team can be directly traced back to the head coach (drafting, hiring Juan Castillo), then that head coach deserves to be fired.

I'd be shocked if Andy Reid isn't fired by the end of the season. Reid has simply run his course as an NFL coach.

The Eagles should target some younger up-and-coming assistant coach on someone's team, like maybe the defensive coordinator of the Jets, or maybe a Packers assistant coach. If the Eagles want to be a contender in the future, they need to find the next Mike McCarthy or Mike Munchak. Hiring a retread like Gruden or Cowher would be just as bad as keeping Reid, imho.

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm in no way saying Reid's 100% to blame for what has happened so far, but I'm ready for a change. Hell, give the entire coaching staff a complete overhaul.

FUNBUNCHER
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Gruden would take this team places. He would rebuild the defense and get the Oline straight.
I just feel like his players has stopped buying in to what the Fat Man in Philly is selling.
I never ever once recall Eagles teams described as undisciplined.

Pat Sims 90
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
More like who should be the QB in 2012 because clearly Vick is not worth the Money they have given him.

FUNBUNCHER
10-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Vick's fine but sometimes he presses. QB isn't the Eagles problem. The big issue right now IMO is the defense forgot to show up to play the 2011 season.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
More like who should be the QB in 2012 because clearly Vick is not worth the Money they have given him.

No one can play well behind that line. Vick is the reason we have been in games this year.

JBCX
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Gruden would take this team places. He would rebuild the defense and get the Oline straight.
I just feel like his players has stopped buying in to what the Fat Man in Philly is selling.
I never ever once recall Eagles teams described as undisciplined.

Gruden is nothing more than a solid offensive coordinator / playcaller.

His drafting was just as awful as Andy Reid's has been. And he antagonizes young QBs as well.

Gruden is not the answer; he'd be worse than Reid.

Giantsfan1080
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Not really at all. Reid should go.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Gruden is nothing more than a solid offensive coordinator / playcaller.

His drafting was just as awful as Andy Reid's has been. And he antagonizes young QBs as well.

Gruden is not the answer; he'd be worse than Reid.

Reid is one of the best player personnel guys in the league, so idk where youre going with the awful drafting.

He just refuses to draft linebackers lol.

JBCX
Reid is one of the best player personnel guys in the league, so idk where youre going with the awful drafting.

Um, he hasn't drafted a quality defensive player since Trent Cole / Mike Patterson in 2005.

He is fine at picking offensive players, at least recently, but he and his general manager simply cannot identify defensive talent in the draft.

Go_Eagles77
Who's the best young up and coming defensive-minded coach in the NFL? That's who I want as our next Head Coach.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Who's the best young up and coming defensive-minded coach in the NFL? That's who I want as our next Head Coach.

Rob Ryan? Could give Capers another chance...

JBCX
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
If you're an Eagles fan, you want to see them lose as many games as possible this year so that Andy Reid is fired AND the team gets a top-10 pick. That's the only way to rebuild into a contender; right now this team will only be obliterated if they somehow sneak into the playoffs.

A new coach and a top-10 or even top-5 pick would be the best case scenario.

Mr. Goosemahn
10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I think people overrate Gruden. I never really thought much of him, IMO he inherited one of the best defenses of the past two decades and rode it to some success. After that, he could never maintain a consistent level of success. Great TV personality and a likeable guy, but I'm not sure he's the best option out there.

In any case, Reid isn't going anywhere, IMO. Andy Reid is one of the most succesful coaches in the NFL right now, and from what I understand the Eagles are an organization that values tenure and is patient. They can overlook the bad stuff, knowing there will be good stuff too.

It's the only reason they put up with an injury-prone McNabb, and it's the reason Reid has been there for so long. It's not Reid's fault that Vick has apparently forgotten how to be good. If you ask me, it's more likely that Philly ends the Mike Vick experiment than they let go of Reid.

If someone is to be let go, it would be their defensive coordinator, IMO. Philly has allowed more than 25 points in 4/5 games, and this is with three (arguably) top 10 CBs and 3 fantastic defensive linemen in Jason Babin, Trent Cole, and Cullen Jenkins. There are teams with less defensive talent and better production.

And comparing the Cowboys situation to the Reid one is not really a good assessment of these situations, as everybody knew that Jerry Jones wanted Jason Garrett as his head coach sooner or later, while Philly doesn't have anyone ready to supplant, or at least I don't think they do.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 07:24 PM
If you're an Eagles fan, you want to see them lose as many games as possible this year so that Andy Reid is fired AND the team gets a top-10 pick. That's the only way to rebuild into a contender; right now this team will only be obliterated if they somehow sneak into the playoffs.

A new coach and a top-10 or even top-5 pick would be the best case scenario.

Thats not going to happen, they will play up to their potential enough to get out of that range. I dont know if we will make the playoffs but to expect a top 5-10 pick is not realistic.

Basileus777
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
No one can play well behind that line. Vick is the reason we have been in games this year.

Vick makes any line he plays behind look worse. He's terrible in the pre-snap aspect of the game, he has poor pocket awareness, and his erratic movement in the pocket makes it really hard to block for him.

cvv84
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach in 2012?

Martin Luther King?

Go_Eagles77
10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Thats not going to happen, they will play up to their potential enough to get out of that range. I dont know if we will make the playoffs but to expect a top 5-10 pick is not realistic.

Eagles remaining opponents:

Redskins (x2)
Cowboys (x2)
Giants
Cardinals
Seahawks
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bears

I'll give them the cardinals and dolphins, and 2 or 3 other games, but I'd be surprised if they do any better than that - they're that bad right now. Top 10 pick is certainly possible. If that happens, I'll personally drive Reid to the airport, and he can take his buddy Juan with him.

SolidGold
10-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Jason Avant had two big turnovers today, Maclin had that game changing fumble last week, Vick doesn't get the throw off in time today. Plenty of blame to go around but it does come back to the coach who assemble the "dream team".

shylo3716
10-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Can anyone answer this...... How the **** did Vick have 300 yards with 4 picks?

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Vick makes any line he plays behind look worse. He's terrible in the pre-snap aspect of the game, he has poor pocket awareness, and his erratic movement in the pocket makes it really hard to block for him.

Our line cant pick up a ******* blitz to save their life. Anyone would struggle behind this line, our line play is not at all Vick's fault.

Castillo is without a doubt gone this year, and I will not be surprised with any type of moves made this off-season. I will say that if our linebacker needs arent addressed soon, and I mean very soon....the struggles that we see wont be going anywhere.

yo123
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM

Because he threw a lot and made some stupid decisions?

cvv84
10-09-2011, 08:56 PM

When you're down by multiple scores the quickest way to catch up is to pass.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 08:59 PM
When you're down by multiple scores the quickest way to catch up is to pass.

He threw 3 of his picks in the first half when the game was still manageable.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 09:00 PM

**** happens?

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Jon Gruden in Philly would be absolutely terrifying. If I'm not mistaken, this is the year Tampa has to stop paying him as well, so he could be looking for that extra couple of million a year that he doesn't get from ESPN. I love me some Chucky and I think he'd do wonders for that franchise, especially because he wouldn't have to stockpile journeymen QBs.

Brent
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
he wouldn't have to stockpile journeymen QBs.
they would still sign at least one more.

Okay, who am I kidding? They'd bring Jeff Garcia back.

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 09:23 PM
they would still sign at least one more.

Okay, who am I kidding? They'd bring Jeff Garcia back.

I'm pretty sure Brad Johnson is unemployed.

Brent
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Brad Johnson is unemployed.
well, we know that Vince Young wouldn't be able to handle someone yelling at him. just ask that strip club owner.

A Perfect Score
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
well, we know that Vince Young wouldn't be able to handle someone yelling at him. just ask that strip club owner.

I'd set the over/under on Chucky slugging VY in the face at 5 days of training camp.

jrdrylie
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm not sure he'll get fired but I think he might retire. He has been there forever and maybe he'll want a change of scenery like Jeff Fisher did last year. I'm pretty sure I predicted this not too long ago in the bold predictions thread.

3. Philadelphia misses the playoffs.

5. This is Andy Reid's last season as coach of the Eagles (Probably retires, unlikely fired).

hoekd0250
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
i dont see gruden wanting to go back to philly. In his book he talks about how bad that city is because of the pressure from the fans and that as a coach and i dont think he enjoyed his time there, as he has other places.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Idk how i would feel about bringin Chucky to Philly.

mellojello
10-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I was his biggest fan last year, but Vick may have already hit is peak.

SickwithIt1010
10-09-2011, 11:45 PM
I was his biggest fan last year, but Vick may have already hit is peak.

None of what is going on with Philly is Vick's fault. This **** is ridiculous.

Rabscuttle
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
With their soft as a kitten image they should bring in......

Mike Singletary. Fysical with an "F".

Brent
10-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Fysical with an "F".
I think Mike Singletary was illiterate.

yodabear
10-10-2011, 12:00 AM

Can we change the site name to this? Its so much more accurate.

Brent
10-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Can we change the site name to this? Its so much more accurate.
DraftHyperboleCountdown.com

yodabear
10-10-2011, 12:02 AM
DraftHyperboleCountdown.com

I love that suggestion. But I bet most people on here don't know what hyperbole means without google.

Iamcanadian
10-10-2011, 12:13 AM
I may be wrong but I see no way Reid is fired for 1 bad season. Now if the team starts slow next year, he could be in real trouble.

thegreatone
10-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Andy Reid is obese.

SickwithIt1010
10-10-2011, 12:18 AM
oh so thats the problem...

yodabear
10-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Well I have heard rumors of him asking to hold the special sauce on his Big Macs.