PDA

View Full Version : If you're Andrew Luck, what team would you want to get the #1 pick?

J-Mike88
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Your rooting interest aside, which team/franchise do you think Luck would prefer to go to? I mean among the winless or 1-win teams.

Miami (0-4)
Indy (0-5, that seems unfair if they "Tim Duncan" Luck!)
Jacksonville (1-4)
Denver (1-4)
Philly (1-4... no way will they have it, so I will not list them in the poll)
Minny (1-4)
Carolina (1-4, with Cam, I will not list them either)
Arizona (1-4, heavy $ in Kolb, bad match)
St Louis (0-4, already think they have their franchise with HUGE $ in Sam)

I want to take out Indy from this poll because I think they'll easily win this poll. I also want Indy to win some **** games because they don't deserve Luck.
Spurs lotteried the #1 pick to get David Robinson back in the day, and he changed their franchise to being good right away. Then a few years in, he had an injury early, and they tanked. Then they won the lottery, and they mysteriously won the NBA Powerball scam, and got Duncan. How'd that work?

Colts have had the #1 Manning for a long time, they don't deserve another #1 pick in a year when there's a can't miss QB.

MIAMI gets my vote.
And why didn't the ***** poll show up here? I checked that box.

Babylon
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I would think most players would prefer a warm weather climate which sounds right now like that would be Miami or the friendly indoors of Indy.

On a slightly unrelated note would he try to pull an Elway or a Manning and dictate where he ends up. If people think he isnt the type those other two werent either.

ImBrotherCain
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
For the more realistic teams I think he would clearly like to go to Indy... That reviving core is better than average and he would have time to learn under the most cerebral QB ever to play the game.

Other than that Miami would be a solid fit with decent weapons and a great LT to protect his blindside.

Rabscuttle
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Jacksonville and force the team to move to a city of his choosing and put him in charge of the new gm/hc searches as well.

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Hmm, Miami has Jake Long and Brandon Marshall.
But Minnesota does have AD.

Probably Miami.

no bare feet
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Average o line best weapons, who has that?

Thecollegedropout
10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Andrew Luck gets welcomed to the NFL by such defensive minds like Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick 2x a year if he goes to Miami...

If I was Luck, I want Denver(Since John Elway is my mentor by all accounts and would do whatever he can to make me feel at home) or San Francisco(Since my head coach was my head coach at Stanford. This would have to be a trade up of some epic sorts though, which is unlikely)

So Denver.

Saints-Tigers
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I'd probably want to go to KC or Minnesota, just thinking of the type of players that are there.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Meh it's too early to tell. Realistically the #1 team will have 2-4 wins and there's a bunch of teams that could still end up around there.

RaiderNation
10-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I'd say Miami. They already have some pieces on offense and defense, and they are in a prime spot for a franchise QB to be a star. Marshall and Bush would be fun to watch with Luck passing the ball around. Also have Long and Pouncey on the oline and some talent on defense. I am sure Head Coaches will be lining up to try and get this job.

tjsunstein
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Miami is a good fit, he'll undoubtedly get a new head coach down there as well if they're in position to draft Luck.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Miami is a good fit, he'll undoubtedly get a new head coach down there as well if they're in position to draft Luck.

Whispers and rumors of Gruden which would be a neat fit I think.

keylime_5
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Miami has a great situation on offense with an O-Line core in tact and some good weapons to use in Marshall, Hartline, Bess, Bush, and Thomas. They have Miami Beach too, but I'm not gonna talk favorably about that town since it is a conflict of interest for me.

Brent
10-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Whispers and rumors of Gruden which would be a neat fit I think.
Gruden would draft Luck and then sign three journeyman to compete for the starting spot for two years.

yodabear
10-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Miami, Indy has Peyton, this injury is gonna be healed and I think Manning is gonna be Favre like but not be a dick. St. Louis has Bradford, Minnesota has to Ponder :) see what I did there? Jacksonville just took Gabbert plus its Jacksonville. Carolina has Cam and Arizona has Kolb. So that leaves Miami and Denver. And quite frankly Tim Tebow is God wherever he goes, and he maybe annoyingly alright and average so everyone will hop on his dick like Space Mountain. So, its Miami.

nepg
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Miami is probably the best for immediate playing time, but I think the main thing I'd look for is a definite situation. In that case, Miami and Indy look really good for Luck.

He might not play right away in Indy, but that's OK because it's not like he's fighting for a job like Brady Quinn had to do.

SolidGold
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I think Seattle would be a good spot for him. I am sure he has tons of exposure playing at Stanford in the Pacific Northwest. They did a lot in free agency this year. The line is young except for Gallery so they can use this season to gel and get ready for Luck. Being in Seattle would also take some of the media glare off of him since it is fairly isolated geographically and perhaps relieve some of the pressure all the draftniks and analysts have put on him.

Saints-Tigers
10-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Bowe, Charles, Moeaki, BAldwin, Sexter, ETC <<< Bush, Marshall, Daniel Thomas and whatever else?

Miami has some key pieces that look nice on the line, but I like the core that KC built, and I trust Pioli more than the unsure situation in Miami.

MetSox17
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Miami runs away with this, i think. They have the most talent on offense, and it isn't a ****** place to live in.

Saints-Tigers
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Miami runs away with this, i think. They have the most talent on offense, and it isn't a ****** place to live in.

Maybe if you factor that in, but I still like KC's offensive weapons a lot better at this point.

Nikolas
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
People say Indy would be a bad choice, due to Peyton coming back. They keep comparing it to Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, and all the controversy that caused.

But look how it turned out. Green Bay transitioned to Rodgers relatively well, and are SB champs as well as going 5-0 to start the season. I think Luck being behind Peyton for 2-3 years would be best for his development and career.

Also, I could see Peyton moving from player to a position coach once he decides he's not healthy enough to compete anymore, which might be sooner than we think. Having Luck at Indy would be great, cause then Peyton could continue to coach him.

RaiderNation
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Maybe if you factor that in, but I still like KC's offensive weapons a lot better at this point.

I think KC might be ruled out at this point in the Suck for Luck sweapstates. They have looked a lot better the last 2 weeks and still have Denver twice and Miami on the schedule. I think they end up with 6 wins

RaiderNation
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
People say Indy would be a bad choice, due to Peyton coming back. They keep comparing it to Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre, and all the controversy that caused.

But look how it turned out. Green Bay transitioned to Rodgers relatively well, and are SB champs as well as going 5-0 to start the season. I think Luck being behind Peyton for 2-3 years would be best for his development and career.

Also, I could see Peyton moving from player to a position coach once he decides he's not healthy enough to compete anymore, which might be sooner than we think. Having Luck at Indy would be great, cause then Peyton could continue to coach him.

Rodgers also stepped into a team that had Superbowl talent, unlike the Colts. Without Manning, the Colts are a below average team at best. The Packers were a win away from the Superbowl with Favre before Rodgers stepped in and they have a much better defense. Yes learning behind Peyton wouldn't hurt at all, but I truely think Luck will be able to step in day 1 for a team and be able to win.

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Miami.

Brandon Marshall isn't the model citizen for a QB but he's an elite talent who is a great security blanket. Jake Long is 1 of the best LT's in the league to protect him and he's still very young, and Reggie Bush while not a huge weapon is a great guy to dump the ball off to.

Continue to develop that line first and foremost, and look for a big time receiving threat at TE like Jimmy Graham or Jermichael Finley and they have about everything needed. Daniel Thomas looks solid. I think they have the most important pieces to start a QB off right.

Franchise LT, franchise WR to beat double coverages. That's more then some QB's can get after a few years of starting.

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Bowe, Charles, Moeaki, BAldwin, Sexter, ETC <<< Bush, Marshall, Daniel Thomas and whatever else?

Miami has some key pieces that look nice on the line, but I like the core that KC built, and I trust Pioli more than the unsure situation in Miami.

I was counting realistic teams. KC is well out of the hunt, they'll win at least 3 more games this year. They would have been the best spot but their not going to go winless from here on out, and they would have to if they wanted to get Luck.

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I think I'd want St. Louis or Carolina. I'd want to force a trade, get a team that really wants me and possibly a team that has a better core than a 2-14 team.

vidae
10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
The Chiefs could trade up, though it is highly unlikely that Pioli would do so.

Just thinking about Luck behind our above average OL throwing to Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Moeaki, McCluster and handing off to Charles makes my happy place dance.

Jvig43
10-10-2011, 03:53 PM
The Green Bay packers. If they had a QB like Alex Smith than that team would be pretty good, Luck could be their Alex Smith.

niel89
10-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I personally want him to go to Denver. I'm generally a fan of the team and I think its more of a realistic option along with Miami. It would instantly quash the Tebow talk which would be good for their future. I would also love Seattle.

cvv84
10-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Just some other choices:

Raiders - With Darren McFadden, a maturing offensive line, and some talented WRs.

Browns - Already have a franchise OT in Joe Thomas and a very good center in Alex Mack, Luck could really help bring that franchise into a competitor.

bored of education
10-10-2011, 04:07 PM
If Carolina/St L ends up with number 1 and I am Kansas at lets say the 6 pick. I would trade number 6, round 2, 2013 1 and 3 throw in Glen Dorsey on his final two years of his contract (maybe get something out of him?)? Would that be sufficient? Yay or Nay?

Pat Sims 90
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Just some other choices:

Raiders - With Darren McFadden, a maturing offensive line, and some talented WRs.

Browns - Already have a franchise OT in Joe Thomas and a very good center in Alex Mack, Luck could really help bring that franchise into a competitor.

I have a feeling Carson ends up with the Raiders when he is eventually traded.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
As far as teams who need a QB that Luck would want to go to, I have to think Seattle would be up there. He'd have Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, John Carlson, Zach Miller, and his favorite receiver from Stanford last year, surprise rookie Doug Baldwin. Young, developing O-line, and a pretty good defense. But I suspect our defense is going to keep us from picking top-5, and Charlie Whitehurst is still kind of an unknown at this point. If Tarvaris is out, and Whitehurst comes in and has some success, we're simply not going to get Luck; we'll be taking looks at Robert Griffin III and Landry Jones, in all likelihood.

MetSox17
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
If Carolina/St L ends up with number 1 and I am Kansas at lets say the 6 pick. I would trade number 6, round 2, 2013 1 and 3 throw in Glen Dorsey on his final two years of his contract (maybe get something out of him?)? Would that be sufficient? Yay or Nay?

If i'm Carolina or STL and the Chiefs offer that to me, i take it in a split second. That's a huge amount of compensation to only drop down five spots. If i'm the Rams, i take Alshon/Blackmon at 6, i have a DL starter and i can shore up my line/skill positions with all the extra picks, all the while adding a huge #1 target for my young QB.

If i'm Kansas City, i'm not sure i do that. If i'm KC, as far as i go is 2012 1st rounder, second rounder, 2013 second rounder, third rounder.

RaiderNation
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd bust a nut if Luck somehow was a Raider. He would thrive with the young talent we have on offense

bored of education
10-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I was thinking it might be a bit much to give up. Hard to tell how the charts are used in adding up with the financial situation between pick 1 and pick 6 are not as crazy as they used to be.

thegreatone
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Miami, and its not even close.

Best or top 2 LT at worst, and an excellent WR in Brandon Marshall.

Not to mention a loaded defense. Sure it hasn't been very good this year, but that more a product of no one believing in the coach.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Raiders are not going to get Andrew Luck. They're too good.

Yes. That is a serious statement.

MetSox17
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Miami drafts Luck #1 overall, they take his boy Coby Fleener in the second round, sign Ben Grubbs and all of a sudden that offense looks, really, really good.

An actual qb with an actual offensive line, Daniel Thomas/Reggie Bush in the backfield, Brandon Marshall and Fleener as your top two targets with a great slot guy in Davone Bess, maybe grab another big target like Jeff Fuller in the 3rd round, and that's a team that's well on their way to the playoffs.

cvv84
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Raiders are not going to get Andrew Luck. They're too good.

Yes. That is a serious statement.

Its not a point of being good or not. I'm actually expecting a mid-range team to make a trade up to land him. The Raiders fit that mold for me.

PoopSandwich
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Browns have the most ammo going into this year's draft with 2 first rounders.

There is a real possibility (although unlikely) that the Falcons miss the playoffs and we have a top 10 pick as well as a 15-20 range pick to trade up for #1 and Luck.

A lot of people are down on Colt right now but our receivers aren't very good and were in a new offense. Hopefully he turns it around after the bye.

MetSox17
10-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Its not a point of being good or not. I'm actually expecting a mid-range team to make a trade up to land him. The Raiders fit that mold for me.

Yeah, except it takes two to tango. If a team like the Dolphins or the Seahawks end up with the first pick, they're sure as heck not trading Luck away.

Timbathia
10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

With the number of wins the raiders look like getting that will be way too big of a trade up.

Vox Populi
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Miami drafts Luck #1 overall, they take his boy Coby Fleener in the second round, sign Ben Grubbs and all of a sudden that offense looks, really, really good.

An actual qb with an actual offensive line, Daniel Thomas/Reggie Bush in the backfield, Brandon Marshall and Fleener as your top two targets with a great slot guy in Davone Bess, maybe grab another big target like Jeff Fuller in the 3rd round, and that's a team that's well on their way to the playoffs.

Unfortunately in the AFC East they probably won't be pulling a turnaround to the playoffs and great regular season record success right away like the Falcons pulled off. At best they're competing with the Bills and Jets for wildcard spots. The AFC East would basically be the new NFC East/AL East, especially if the Bills can continue to be a competitive team that can surprise anyone any week.

LonghornsLegend
10-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Its not a point of being good or not. I'm actually expecting a mid-range team to make a trade up to land him.

It's highly unlikely that the team getting the #1 pick doesn't need him. I guess it could happen, but if it does I think everyone in the first 20 picks would be into play.

In terms of sheer excitement, I am really, really rooting for the team with the #1 pick to not need a QB, so they are open to taking offers. Would be a draft I'd remember for a long time. Offers could get nuts if there was a legit chance a team would shop that pick.

thegreatone
10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I think St. Lois ends up with the pick.

Baltimore trades 2 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder and Anquan Boldin to St. Lois for the right to draft Andrew Luck.

Baltimore trades Flacco to Miami for a 1st and Brandon Marshall.

Boom.

MetSox17
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I think St. Lois ends up with the pick.

Baltimore trades 2 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder and Anquan Boldin to St. Lois for the right to draft Andrew Luck.

Baltimore trades Flacco to Miami for a 1st and Brandon Marshall.

Boom.

So where in Baltimore are you from..?

Ness
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing the Colts or the Dolphins get the pick. I have a feeling the Rams win a few games especially playing in the NFC West. Even if the Rams do get the selection I'm guessing they trade the pick for a boatload of other picks and maybe some good veteran players.

thegreatone
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
So where in Baltimore are you from..?
About 45 minutes from Baltimore....

cvv84
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah, except it takes two to tango. If a team like the Dolphins or the Seahawks end up with the first pick, they're sure as heck not trading Luck away.

You never know, they could get a good haul of draft picks in return. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see the #1 pick moved this year.

It's highly unlikely that the team getting the #1 pick doesn't need him. I guess it could happen, but if it does I think everyone in the first 20 picks would be into play.

Atlanta jumped up and so in the Jets the past 3 years.

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
You never know, they could get a good haul of draft picks in return. I honestly wouldn't be suprised to see the #1 pick moved this year.

Atlanta jumped up and so in the Jets the past 3 years.

Especially with rookie salaries in a much more manageable place, I think we will see a lot more motion at the top of the draft. Difficult to imagine a team passing on Luck though.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
With the number of wins the raiders look like getting that will be way too big of a trade up.

That was my sentiment. They're a realistic playoff pick right now, and trading up 20-odd spots to number one overall is probably not what a team with a serviceable quarterback and a solid roster is wanting to do. They should want to keep adding dynamic pieces. There'll be other good QBs. I think suggesting the Raiders would trade up for Luck is just another example of Luck hysteria. Geez, he's good, but c'mon...

J-Mike88
10-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Jacksonville and force the team to move to a city of his choosing and put him in charge of the new gm/hc searches as well.
That is hilarious.

gpngc
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I'd want to play with Adrian Peterson.

J-Mike88
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
In terms of sheer excitement, I am really, really rooting for the team with the #1 pick to not need a QB, so they are open to taking offers. Would be a draft I'd remember for a long time. Offers could get nuts if there was a legit chance a team would shop that pick.
I agree!
Keep losing Rams!

ATLDirtyBirds
10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Dolphins. The city, some pieces, and a new HC.

thegreatone
10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I'd want to play with Adrian Peterson.
No ****????

gpngc
10-10-2011, 10:23 PM
No ****????

Took three pages for someone to mention it for some reason.

I guess the stadium/coach/OL/WRs/etc. are issues. But a running game is a QB's best friend.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
You know... if the Jets keep losing...

Jvig43
10-10-2011, 10:32 PM
You know... if the Jets keep losing...

No, I mean didn't you hear that Sanchez is really going to take that next step this year (maybe after the bye if the prediction doesn't become right before hand) and really put himself in the running with the elite QBs. Or apparently when the offensive coordinator unleashes him or whatever that means.

Caulibflower
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
No, I mean didn't you hear that Sanchez is really going to take that next step this year (maybe after the bye if the prediction doesn't become right before hand) and really put himself in the running with the elite QBs. Or apparently when the offensive coordinator unleashes him or whatever that means.

/eyeroll. (I know you're being facetious.)

Maneuver a trade for Luck if Sanchez doesn't get it together, draft a dynamic runner in the second, and... bam. That's a Jets team I don't want to play. Sanchez's inconsistency and Shonn Greene's failure to be a good power runner have a lot to do with the Jets' failures this year. Not a lot different about the defense from this year to last, but I think teams are really figuring out Sanchez is like Tony Romo's little brother, and if you load up on Shonn Greene...things are going to work out for you. Bet some team with lousy management, like Miami, would still give a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Sanchez.

Hurricanes25
10-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Jvig, you know that nobody has ever said that, at least on here. As for that last part, Schotty is awful. His playcalling is so damn predictable.

Jvig43
10-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Jvig, you know that nobody has ever said that, at least on here. As for that last part, Schotty is awful. His playcalling is so damn predictable.

Actually a Jets fan did say that at the start of the season, I believe in the bold predictions thread or something. Shotty being conservative on play calling is my personal belief that they don't trust Sanchez to get it done. People wanna blame him for being conservative against us last week when it was Ryan who came out and stated that they wanted to get back to running the ball. I'll go away now tho with the Sanchezhaterade.

Hurricanes25
10-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Actually a Jets fan did say that at the start of the season, I believe in the bold predictions thread or something. Shotty being conservative on play calling is my personal belief that they don't trust Sanchez to get it done. People wanna blame him for being conservative against us last week when it was Ryan who came out and stated that they wanted to get back to running the ball. I'll go away now tho with the Sanchezhaterade.

Oh, well those bold predictions are usually batshit crazy predictions so I hope he wasn't serious. As for Shotty, he has ran an ultra conservative offense since the day he arrived in 2006. When he is forced to open the playbook up like when we're losing, Sanchez plays pretty well.

But yeah, more Andrew Luck talk.

CashmoneyDrew
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Took three pages for someone to mention it for some reason.

I guess the stadium/coach/OL/WRs/etc. are issues. But a running game is a QB's best friend.

Nah, I mentioned it on page 1.

Hurricanes25
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Back on topic, I'll go with Miami. You got a franchise LT in Jake Long, and a #1 WR in Brandon Marshall. They just need to establish a run game. And not to mention, Miami would be a nice city to live in.

Jvig43
10-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh, well those bold predictions are usually batshit crazy predictions so I hope he wasn't serious. As for Shotty, he has ran an ultra conservative offense since the day he arrived in 2006. When he is forced to open the playbook up like when we're losing, Sanchez plays pretty well.

But yeah, more Andrew Luck talk.

You get to see more of it than I do so I'll take you at that. I still feel as tho they are either protecting Sanchez too much with the play calling or just don't have the faith in him. But please don't suck enough to get Luck haha

sbh15
10-10-2011, 11:33 PM
wait you mean to tell me a team picks luck and not the other way around? i thought the best quarterback in the nfl would get his choice of team.

BigBanger
10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
wait you mean to tell me a team picks luck and not the other way around? i thought the best quarterback in the nfl would get his choice of team.
SEVEN WORDS: ELI MANNING

Jvig43
10-11-2011, 12:22 AM

Those are letters....

Complex
10-11-2011, 12:24 AM
It's not even seven letters

BigBanger
10-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I stand by those letters which do form words.

RCAChainGang
10-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Since we are discussing where Luck would want to be,
could he pull an Eli Manning and demand a trade?

J-Mike88
10-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Since we are discussing where Luck would want to be,
could he pull an Eli Manning and demand a trade?
Depends who is father is.... Oliver Luck, former NFL player, just like young Eli with Archie. Archie was the prick behind Eli refusing to move to San Diego (horrible place to live?) and play with the Chargers.

At that time, LT was still good, Gates an emerging star, but Archie had issues with the Chargers front office, AJ Smith.

I can't see anything wrong with Miami.

Which situation/team/organization would be bad enough he'd refuse to go to?
Denver with the Tebow mess is the trickiest situation I see possible.

sbh15
10-11-2011, 08:50 AM

you are five short, but i digress. manning is a one time super bowl winner, when luck is already a hall of famer. it's a totally different scenario. to deny luck his choice of team would be a travesty.

also, when he chooses his team, can we immediately award said team the next 20 super bowls?

descendency
10-11-2011, 09:27 AM
The Colts. Easily.

edit: They continue to play in a division with some of the dumbest teams in football which either suck major or are perennial chokers. Then you have the dome which clearly has a statistical impact. You have a GM that is dedicated to making the rules favor offensive production.

The only downsides to Indy are the kind of defense they have to play because of the dome and it's in Indianapolis.

thegreatone
10-11-2011, 09:49 AM
The Colts. Easily.

edit: They continue to play in a division with some of the dumbest teams in football which either suck major or are perennial chokers. Then you have the dome which clearly has a statistical impact. You have a GM that is dedicated to making the rules favor offensive production.

The only downsides to Indy are the kind of defense they have to play because of the dome and it's in Indianapolis.
Are you a Colts fan?

Because I really can't think of any reason Indy would be such an easy selection. First of all, what has Indy exactly done with arguably the best QB in the NFL? Sure the offense has always been good, but Manning is a big reason. All the RB's have been scrubs since James left. Other than Saturday, they haven't really had a great o-lineman for a while now. The D is never very good. Sure they have a great pass-rush duo, but once again without Manhning, these guys can't do much since they rarely get the lead now. On top of that, they are extremely overrated in the draft. 1 Superbowl win with arguably the best QB ever is unacceptable.

lol @ dumb division. Teams fortunes can change pretty quickly.

Now lets review shall we...... You're a rookie, you have no running game, an average o-line and that being nice, only 1 good WR in Garcon if Wayne is gone, oh and you're supposed to lead for most of the game, or your d will be ineffective. Appealing alright....

Smooth Criminal
10-11-2011, 10:02 AM
I think going to Indy would be a ton of pressure. It's very clear how much Manning does for that team and how good he really is. If Luck goes to Indy, he's going to be expected to carry the team just like Manning did, and it's pretty clear Manning did it without that strong of a supporting cast.

falloutboy14
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Also in Indy's favor, they have a blue-print of surrounding it's franchise QB with talent. I also think the opportunity to learn with Manning for an uncertain amount of time has it's merit. Of course if like would rather start right away, that would be dependent on Manning's health.

JBCX
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
The Eagles.

Andrew Luck would be the first to finally win a Super Bowl for Philly and would become the greatest sports figure in the history of Philadelphia sports.

Trogdor
10-11-2011, 10:16 AM
The Eagles.

Andrew Luck would be the first to finally win a Super Bowl for Philly and would become the greatest sports figure in the history of Philadelphia sports.

I thought Vick had turned the corner and would be the savior of Philly. Eagles will figure out their talent and win enough to take themselves out of the running.

Dolphins have my vote. Some excellent pieces on the o-line, WR, and RB.

JBCX
10-11-2011, 10:34 AM
I thought Vick had turned the corner and would be the savior of Philly. Eagles will figure out their talent and win enough to take themselves out of the running.

It's better to lose a bunch of games and get a top pick than win a few and get to 8-8 or 7-9. I think they lose the next 3 games (at Washington, Dallas, Chicago) and then go into a tailspin and end up either 3-13 or 4-12. No better than 6-10 at best.

At that point, they could easily trade up for the #1 pick if they don't get it, if they really want Luck.

killxswitch
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
As cheap as rookies are now, it's going to take a lot in a trade to get a team to not draft Luck. As in swapping 1st rounders this year and possibly two more 1st rounders the next two years. Or maybe this years and next years' 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders. Teams like the Colts or Rams, who have a ton of money invested in their current QBs, can now afford to take a QB 1st in the draft. What's he likely to make, $7.5 or $8 million a year?

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 11:45 AM
It's better to lose a bunch of games and get a top pick than win a few and get to 8-8 or 7-9. I think they lose the next 3 games (at Washington, Dallas, Chicago) and then go into a tailspin and end up either 3-13 or 4-12. No better than 6-10 at best.
Maybe from a fan's standpoint but if you ask a player or coach about that philosophy, you will get very negative responses. Their jobs rely on winning games. If they don't win games, their careers are in danger. It's easy to say that because you want a marginally better player at some position, but the mentality of the team is to win every single week.

Da-Phins
10-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Well duh, the Dolphins.

Rosebud
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Probably Miami or Minny. They have the most high profile pieces for him to come in and work with. Minnesota does have a history of ******** HCs, so that's worrisome, but with AD in the backfield and Harvin making the occasional guest spot it wouldn't be all on Luck ot make the offense work. If they also figure out how to get an OL that O will be good enough to let that DL go to work and cover up the weak back 7.

Miami's got the most going for them. Marshall and some solid secondary receivers, Reggie Bush and an OL that could become good in a couple years means that there's plenty to work with on offense while defensively that team has a lot of pieces to work with, especially if they get to protect some leads.

waltherP81
10-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Los Angeles Jaguars.

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't it weird that the phins seem to be the most popular choice, but they are getting turned down by the likes of Garrard and Trent Edwards? I guess we are just assuming they'll have cleaned house by the time the draft comes around.

Hurricanes25
10-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Isn't it weird that the phins seem to be the most popular choice, but they are getting turned down by the likes of Garrard and Trent Edwards? I guess we are just assuming they'll have cleaned house by the time the draft comes around.

I'm not sure of the Dolphins/Edwards situation, but I I know that the Dolphins wanted Garrard to come in and be a backup first which he wanted no part of.

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure of the Dolphins/Edwards situation, but I I know that the Dolphins wanted Garrard to come in and be a backup first which he wanted no part of.

Meh I don't buy this excuse at all. If you are choosing to sit on the couch instead of knowing you can for sure beat out Matt Moore, you probably should be a backup.

Nikolas
10-11-2011, 05:52 PM
If the question is where LUCK would want to go, that's easy: He'd want the 49'ers to have the first pick. Since that's not happening, he'd probably rather go to either Miami (depending on their HC situation next year) or Indy.

Miami is the team most in need of a new QB. Most of the other non-winning teams grabbed QBs last year, and aren't quite ready to jettison them just yet. Jacksonville, Minny, and Carolina all invested 1st round picks, very unlikely they'd use another so soon.

Based on conference strength and remaining schedule, I'd say it's gonna be Miami. Colts still have to play some weak teams, and they will eventually win enough games to be 2nd or 3rd pick overall. Miami's only "weak" games are against KC and Denver, so they could very easily end up 2-14 for the year.

J-Mike88
10-11-2011, 08:09 PM

Dolphins have my vote. Some excellent pieces on the o-line, WR, and RB.
Mine too...... I meant for this to have that poll !
MODS, can it be added by your powerful selves????
Utilize the feature right?

bored of education
10-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Even though KC played out of that, they have Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin, Jamaal, Moeaki, Sexter, an LT in Albert who has played very well and has gotten better each year.

Da-Phins
10-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Its not a matter of if we clean house its a matter of when. Sparano isnt keeping his job. Cant say the same about Jeff Ireland but we'll see. Supposedly Ross has a hard on for Gruden so Im sure he will be a hot target once Sparano gets fired.

As for these piece of **** QB's who turned us down. Can you really blame them? these guys know the mess going on in Miami. They know the OL is horrible and the coaching staff will be gone soon. Im sure they dont want to sign here and then get killed cause the OL cant protect them. But that doesnt indicate that Luck will want no part of the Dolphins. He's a classy guy and Im sure he will be fine wherever he gets drafted. He'll have weapons and a running game here. Better coaching Im sure and better OL by the time he's under center if in fact we are "lucky" enough to get Luck

thegreatone
10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Gruden & Luck are the Phins future QB and HC.

sbh15
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10577937.jpg