PDA

View Full Version : 10/11 NFL Draft Podcast: Prospect Crushes

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2011, 11:54 AM
More details to come, but I wanted to put this out early and get some feedback!

Scott and I will be having our weekly NFL Draft Podcast Tuesday at 8:00PM EST and we will be discussing "Prospect Crushes" we have at each position. We want to hear yours and maybe mention them on air! Post your prospect crushes and why to see if they match-up.

Join us in the chat during the show to comment on ours as well :)

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

shylo3716
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Please discuss Lamar Miller as the #2 RB in the 2012 class

He leaves guys planking

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/301043_166765863411914_100002355031481_323525_6915 47155_n.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Let's wait to see if he even declares first :)

CC.SD
10-10-2011, 07:07 PM
My crush is Shane Hallam. um and TJ McDonald.

bengalbuck
10-10-2011, 07:31 PM

I kind of feel like Miller would be stupid not to declare (assuming he continues his high level of play). RBs have a very limited career span and should go as soon as they have proven they can play at a high level. There really isn't that much to learn at the position like there is at QB, etc.

In addition, the 2013 RB class looks pretty loaded and deep whereas the 2012 class is pretty weak after Richardson.

I picked Miller in a dynasty rookie draft as a developmental pick last season and in part because of that, he's my "crush" at the RB position. I also see my favorite team (Bengals) as needing a big-time RB very badly and would love to see them get Miller or Richardson.

On the O line, I think Mike Adams from OSU ends up being a great NFL LT. He's improved in leaps and bounds over the past 2 years and has ridiculous physical tools. I suspect he'll be one of those guys who really rises up the rankings the closer the draft gets (and after the combine).

I like Janoris Jenkins at CB. What he was able to do against top guys at Florida last season speaks for itself.

At QB, its Luck but I'm intrigued by Robert Griffin. His improvement as a passer is really impressive and he has track speed as well. I assume he won't leave early but he's been a fun guy to watch and could end up flying up draft boards if he declares. I'd love to see him somewhere that would allow him to develop behind a good QB for a few years (Buffalo?).

Edit to Add: At WR, I really like watching TY Hilton. He'd be one of those guys who I'd be really excited to see added in the 3rd or 4th round to the Bengals. Fun to watch and guys like him who can make plays in space are becoming more and more valuable as the NFL moves to more of a passing league.

Also, I'd appreciate if you guys can discuss some of the upcoming TE prospects. Is there a next Aaron Hernandez or Jimmy Graham out there? I haven't been real impressed with the kid from Clemson or the kid from Mizzou who seem like the consensus top guys. Maybe Jake Stoneburner?

shylo3716
10-10-2011, 11:18 PM

Are you in denial?

Brown Leader
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
1. LB/DE Melvin Ingram
2. DE Vinny Curry
3. WR Stephen Hill
4. OLB Darius Flemming
5. RB Doug Martin

bored of education
10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
I do not have crush for this draft.

Scott Wright
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
The chat room for tonight's show is now open, feel free to stop by!

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
How would I access this chat room?

Hurricanes25
10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
How would I access this chat room?

It's at the bottom of the page. You have to register to chat though.

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm definitely going to add to this list, and maybe subtract around the combine.

QB: Andrew Luck, Stanford
WR: Dwight Jones, UNC
C: Peter Konz, Wisconsin
DE: Julian Miller, WVU
DT: Jared Crick, Nebraska
DT: Dontari Poe, Memphis
Situational Passrusher: Bruce Irvin, WVU
NT: Alameda Ta'amu, Washington
OLB: Mychal Kendricks, California
CB: Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech
S: Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State

Scott Wright
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Another great show in the books!

The most recent episode is now available on iTunes (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/draft-countdown-blog-talk/id304080974) and at Blog Talk Radio (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown).

Scott Wright
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Let us know who your "Prospect Crushes" are!

Halsey
10-11-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm listening right now. Did you pick Drew Butler as your punter? What's not to love about Butler? Safest punter prospect ever.

4U2NV
10-15-2011, 01:31 PM
I always crush for guys that are close to home and put Seattle on the map for more than coffee. So, my guy this year is Chris Polk! One of the most underrated RB prospects coming out.

rawdawg
10-15-2011, 08:58 PM
My prospect crushes, as it pertains to the Bears:

WR- Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St. Body control, hands, and I think he will run a sub 4.5. As polished as any WR to come out in recent years. Ready to contribute as a rookie, as a #1 WR.

WR- Mohammed Sanu, Rutgers. What's not to like? Big enough, at 6'2". Fast enough. Strong enough. Versatility as wildcat QB. Going to be a playmaker at the next level.

OT/OG- Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St. As an OT, will be strong at the POA. Quick enough to handle the edge rush. Put him at OG though, and I think he's a potential All Pro. Big, nasty, athletic. I believe upside is as a Carl Nicks clone.

C- Peter Konz, Wisconsin. Big, athletic, strong. Steelers drafted Pouncey in 2009, followed it the next year by drafting his college roommate at RT. Bears drafted Carimi at RT in the 1st last year, hope they follow suit and get his college roommate, Konz.

LB- Travis Lewis, Oklahoma. May be a little undersized, but can go sideline to sideline. A leader. 3-down LB. Good Cover 2 fit, that I think can play the middle eventually.

CB- Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt. As has been mentioned on this board, perfect Cover 2 CB. Likes to play off WR and attack the ball in the air. Also Bears have a pipeline to Vandy.

CB- Shaun Prater, Iowa. Not sure what my obsession is with him, but I tend to like Big Ten CBs. Plays in a tough conference, for a tough defense. Think he can play some zone and is a lot faster than most people think.

DE- Melvin Ingram, DE South Carolina. Just makes plays. Extremely athletic. Versatile to fit plenty of schemes.

Other guys I like, but not necessarily interested in drafting unless they come as a steal: Brandon Thompson, Nick Foles, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, AJ Jenkins, Stephon Gilmore, Vontaze Burflict

Prospects I don't like as much as most: Jared Crick, Cordy Glenn, Landry Jones, Mark Barron

Chris
10-16-2011, 01:39 PM
LaMar Miller goes dummy every week and I love it. MAN CRUSH.