PDA

View Full Version : ACC officiating

BigJohn98
10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
This is absolutely awful, and not just because it was against my team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqANJsY8gZI&feature=player_embedded

Something needs to be done about this horrible officiating.

jrdrylie
10-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Two of my favorite teams are Georgia Tech and Florida State, so I have seen my fair share of terrible ACC officiating. ACC Officiating has been terrible for as long as I've been watching it. I don't watch a ton of MWC, WAC, or Sun Belt, so I can't speak to them, but ACC officiating is the worst of all the BCS conferences. And since it has been that bad for so long, I'm not sure what can be done.

BigJohn98
10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Here is more evidence.

http://i54.tinypic.com/os7u5i.jpg

fenikz
10-10-2011, 07:47 PM
thats a picture with grass circled

BigJohn98
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
thats a picture with grass circled

Look at the ball...

gpngc
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't get it? I understand that he slid the ball toward the marker. But why wouldn't I believe that it was an accident, considering the fact that what he did really didn't affect anything at all?

Brent
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't get it? I understand that he slid the ball toward the marker. But why wouldn't I believe that it was an accident, considering the fact that what he did really didn't affect anything at all?
I believe it was a five point play.

Hurricanes25
10-10-2011, 11:26 PM
ACC Officiating has always been bad but that's just awful. Did the idiot not realize he was moving the ball?

gpngc
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
It makes more sense that he was looking at something else, his weight was shifted downward, and his coordination was off, so he inadvertently moved the ball two inches

than

he was trying to fix the game on a game he knew was televised.

And again, the two-inch move didn't affect the play so I don't understand why it can't be just accepted as a physical mistake?

He's not being pictured so it's definitely feasible that a lack of balance due to his eyes being focused on something other than the ball caused him to mistakenly and unknowingly push the ball forward.

Hurricanes25
10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Sure it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but it easily could have. If that ball was placed closer to the first down marker to begin with, he pushes that ball and it goes for a first down.

MassNole
11-13-2011, 08:08 AM
It makes more sense that he was looking at something else, his weight was shifted downward, and his coordination was off, so he inadvertently moved the ball two inches

than

he was trying to fix the game on a game he knew was televised.

And again, the two-inch move didn't affect the play so I don't understand why it can't be just accepted as a physical mistake?

He's not being pictured so it's definitely feasible that a lack of balance due to his eyes being focused on something other than the ball caused him to mistakenly and unknowingly push the ball forward.
The next play they got a first down by less than the amount he moved the ball, it mattered.

Yesterday was another good example of the same crew influencing a game like they had money on it.

Hurricanes25
11-13-2011, 10:22 AM
The officiating was terrible in the Miami/FSU game, for both sides.

JoeJoeBrown
11-13-2011, 10:34 AM
The next play they got a first down by less than the amount he moved the ball, it mattered.

Yesterday was another good example of the same crew influencing a game like they had money on it.

I agree. Terrible. I think that is the next big scandal that is going to break in CFB: massive rigged games. Both officials and players.

MassNole
11-14-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree. Terrible. I think that is the next big scandal that is going to break in CFB: massive rigged games. Both officials and players.

I don't know how wide spread it is, but this specific crew really, really needs to be looked into. Sure the Bradham call at the end of the game didn't influence the outcome, but given the interception by Dawkins on the play it did influence the outcome of the point spread. That call made a lot of money for some people and cost some people a lot of money.

Not to mention ejecting Bradham for the cleanest, hardest hit of the season was pathetic.