PDA

View Full Version : Spygate 2.0 - Revenge of the Jets

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/photo-of-jets-employee-with-sideline-camera-creates-stir/

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f124/BronxBooster/GIFS/IMG420.jpg

Specifically, the NFL Game Operations Manual states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game,” and that “all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

So....what do we make of this?

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
lol this would be a lot easier to deny if he wasn't wearing something that said 'Jets Staff.' Nice one fellas.

Smooth Criminal
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Definitely not very secretive. If they were doing something illegal there their cover wasn't very thought out.

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 08:57 AM
It seems almost TOO obvious to me to be against the rules. But there the rules are, and they are pretty clearly being broken...it will be interesting to see how this actually turns out.

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Where is Mangini now anyway? Yeah this is just too dumb to not be true, they really busted this out against the Pats? Nice one. Put an asterisk on their 8-8 season.

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Where is Mangini now anyway? Yeah this is just too dumb to not be true, they really busted this out against the Pats? Nice one. Put an asterisk on their 8-8 season.

Take away their first rounder!!

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm in favor of anything that convinces Ladainian he should give this **** up and start the Canton clock already.

descendency
10-11-2011, 09:08 AM
They're filming for the new NFL Films documentary on how teams illegally tape coaching signals. This week is the Jets.

Nalej
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
UPDATE 10:02 a.m. ET: The Jets have explained the presence of the man with the camera. Under certain circumstances, the practice is permitted. But it’s amazing that NFL coaches are fine with team employees shooting video and then relying on the honor system to ensure that the video won’t be used for any improper purpose.

Recent update on OP link

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-explain-presence-of-camera-man-on-sidelines/

LAME. I was hoping for some real controversy.

descendency
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
That's nuts. I don't mind people filming from the sidelines, but it should definitely NOT be a team paid employee.

edit: It also seems kind of suspicious that a bunch of people had no idea that this was legal, most of which who work in actual broadcasting of games... not saying it's not legal, but it seems kind of weird.

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah, it should definitely be some sort of neutral party who provides the footage to the team AFTER the game. Not a club employee. I mean hell, if some team really wanted to film the games for cheating purposes, they could just have any old club employee stand on the sideline with a camera filming to his hearts content.

And if he gets called out, say he's filming for official shows and videos.

Again, very lame.

descendency
10-11-2011, 09:40 AM
The Patriots should create a new show around their defense. The show could highlight the good play of the secondary and DL. It could show players like Guyton making good tackles.

And while the offense is on the field, they can just tape signals.

Am I interpreting this rule right???

Jvig43
10-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Do teams really need to steal our signals to destroy our defense? haha I don't think it really matters even if they were.

BeerBaron
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Do teams really need to steal our signals to destroy our defense? haha I don't think it really matters even if they were.

"Let's see....that signal means they're going tp get no pass rush and play very soft coverage allowing everyone to get open! We got you right where we want you Belichick!"

tjsunstein
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
This wouldn't help the Jets anyway. Schottenheimer wouldn't know what to do with that.

gsorace
10-12-2011, 01:15 PM
This wouldn't help the Jets anyway. Schottenheimer wouldn't know what to do with that.

I'm glad we didn't re sign Brad Smith just because he can't call wildcat plays at totally inappropriate times anymore.

RealityCheck
10-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Take away their first rounder. And their second rounder too!

Don Vito
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Cheaterzz. They would never have won Super Bowlz if they didn't film everyone. Oh wait.