PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Draft: Risers and Fallers

Hines
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Who does everyone see rising and falling in the draft so far this season?

For me, Cordy Glenn will fall IMO. He's a good mauler who can play a few positions, but IMO, he's not that athletic and will have weight problems in his career. I can see him being picked in the second-fourth round range.

Mike Adams will rise IMO. Before his suspension, I thought he'd be a second and third rounder, but everything I have read seems to be positive and that he lived in the weight room during his suspension. He's always had the talent, he just couldn't put it all together. A strong second half and a strong off season could push him into the top 20 IMO.

Thecollegedropout
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Michael Floyd is rising IMO. He had an awful offseason with the DUI that he is quickly trying to make up for it with a great season that he looks borderline unstoppable 1 on 1 and that teams now are double teaming him on just about every single play. Floyd is his own worst enemy and that when he is 100 percent right, that he's going to be a monster.

Nick Foles even though its not his fault is somewhat slipping IMO. Could be a 3rd round pick after being projected to be a top QB after staying last season. The Wildcats lack of success(Now with a new head coach) may send bad vibes to scouts and GMs that he isn't much of a winner.

shylo3716
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Stephon Gilmore has fell off the map IMO

RaiderNation
10-11-2011, 04:16 PM
This is based on my rankings...

Risers:
Matt Barkley-Preseason I had him and Landry Jones as 2A and 2B QB prospects, but Barkley has made major strides this year. He is a legit franchise QB prospect in my eyes.

Michael Floyd- Even with his character issues, Floyd might be a top 15 prospect at this time. He has looked like an All American for Notre Dame and a team will take a chance on him in the 1st round.

Morris Claiborne- This LSU standout has been a major force for the Nation's #1 defense. Claiborne was a 2nd round in my mind before the season, but now has solidified himself as a possible top 10 pick.

Fallers:
Donte Paige-Moss- Before the season some had his a top 20 prospect, but now he doesn't even start for UNC. He needs to stay in school another year and show some production.

Cordy Glenn- At one time Glenn was looked at like a possible 1st round OG prospect, then the move to LT has really hurt his stock. Still a 2nd rounder, but I would much rather take DeCastro at OG in the 1st round than Glenn

Stephon Gilmore- He was my 3rd ranked CB before the season, now he is viewed more as a 3/4 round pick. He has the speed and measurables but has gotten beat multiple times this year.

Hines
10-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Another guy who has fallen for me is Greg Childs. It pains me to type that because he's one of my favorite prospects this year. I had him as a second, but now, I see him as a fourth rounder.

bored of education
10-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I really hate using IMO. IMO IMO is falling. If I am typing something it is assumed to be IMO.

rawdawg
10-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Risers:

Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame. Don't know if he'll come out, but he wasn't even on the map until Kyle Rudolph went down last year. Then he was barely on it. Now, he looks like he could be a 2nd round pick if he comes out this year. With the success of the TEs in the New England and Jimmy Graham in NO....Eifert fits that mold at 6'6" and very athletic.

Nick Toon, WR Wisconsin. I'll be honest, before this season I put him, McNutt, Cunningham, and Moye in the same group of B1G WRs who would go in rounts 4-6. Now he's a legit 2nd rounder. And is clearly the best of that group and one of the top 5 WRs in this draft.

Audie Cole, LB NC State. Didn't even know who he was before this season. But has been a tackling machine and looks like a day 2 pick in a pretty good LB draft. If he runs well, sky's the limit for his draft status.

Also, agree with Morris Claiborne above.

Fallers:

Jared Crick, DT Nebraska. Never been a big fan of his. The production wasn't there this year and now a season-ending injury. He was a possible first rounder last year, who is hoping for late 2nd now.

Also, agree with Gilmore, Glenn, and Childs above

bucfan12
10-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Does anyone see Michael Floyd as a dominate #1 WR in the NFL? Who does he compare too? I read a comparison towards Larry Fitzgerald. Is he that good?

gpngc
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Floyd just looks so much quicker than he did earlier in his career. And more confident. He's always had the size, but now he looks quicker.

Quickness is a much more important attribute than speed for a WR. It's basically the crux of route-running as a skill.

We all new Floyd would be able to run 9s up and down the field and make highest-point catches over 5-something DBs, but now he's starting to look like a real #1 WR with the ability to change direction quickly and get in and out of his breaks without losing much speed. It also helps that his hands are real good, he's more confident than ever, and uses his size to his advantage.

keylime_5
10-19-2011, 12:11 PM
based on the preseason and the changes in draft stock from this year:

RISERS

Morris Claiborne
Robert Griffin III
David DeCastro
Michael Floyd
Melvin Ingram
Lamar Miller

FALLERS

Stephon Gilmore
Jared Crick
Donte Paige-Moss

and while I don't think he's really a faller, Alshon Jefferey hasn't helped his stock this year as much. He can repair it with good workouts and showing up in shape.

Good point on Mike Adams. He has the physical ability of a franchise LT. He's a little raw in terms of technique still, but the only time I ever see him get beat is when DEs use inside moves. He can go top 20 if he has a good predraft season. I could see him being a big riser despite virtually no hype this offseason I guess b/c he was suspended a few games for receiving impermissible benefits, but he had a huge breakout year in 2010 and is gonna be a high round pick.

One guy who I guess has fallen due to injury but was overrated to begin with is Andrew Datko. Weird technique to begin with probably wouldn't warrant him being viewed as a franchise left tackle at least in the first round.

Leon Sandcastle
10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Melvin Ingram has made the most money so far into his senior season.

Cody Glenn, Jared Crick and Andrew Datko are falling obviously.

Leon Sandcastle
10-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Does anyone see Michael Floyd as a dominate #1 WR in the NFL? Who does he compare too? I read a comparison towards Larry Fitzgerald. Is he that good?

He's always reminded me of Vincent Jackson for some reason.

AntoinCD
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
For me the biggest risers thus far are

Morris Claiborne(probably the top CB in the draft)
David DeCastro(possible top 15 pick)
Vinny Curry(1st round pick)

Matthew Jones
10-20-2011, 04:55 AM
It seems like a lot of the pass rushers are having rough years. Brandon Jenkins, Donte Paige-Moss, and Devin Taylor in particular were considered much better prospects going into the season. A lot of people had Jerel Worthy in their top ten as well but it's getting hard to fit him into the first round of a mock draft.

tjsunstein
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Just trying not to list anyone that has been said, here are mine.

Risers:
Dwight Jones, WR UNC
Kendall Wright, WR Baylor
Bernard Pierce, RB Temple
Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

Fallers:
Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB WVU
Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M
Kenny Tate, OLB/S Maryland
Donte Paige-Moss, DE UNC
Sean Spence, OLB Miami

J52
10-20-2011, 02:36 PM

Fallers:

Sean Spence, OLB Miami

Very curious as to your reasoning. He's been having his best season so far. If he wasn't 210 pounds, he'd be a top prospect. But he's always been that way. His play has improved his stock, if anything.

DraftSavant
10-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Moar Shea McClellin. Best 3-4 OLB in this draft.

TACKLE
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Moar Shea McClellin. Best 3-4 OLB in this draft.

This needs to be repeated. The guy is criminally underrated right now.

K Train
10-20-2011, 03:59 PM

i have always had a man crush on floyd, then he fell off last year. i bet he grades out as a top 5 pick this year though hes been a world beater....hes always looked slow off the snap and very slow in and out of cuts but this year hes elevated his **** to a new level.

i think a comparison would be an illegitimate love child between fitz and braylon edwards....youd get a little baby michael floyd

Rabscuttle
10-20-2011, 05:33 PM

Risers:
Dwight Jones, WR UNC
Kendall Wright, WR Baylor
Bernard Pierce, RB Temple
Coby Fleener, TE Stanford
Peter Konz, C Wisconsin
Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

Fallers:
Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB WVU
Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M
Kenny Tate, OLB/S Maryland
Donte Paige-Moss, DE UNC
Sean Spence, OLB Miami

That's a pretty good list.

I would put Lester from Alabama on the riser list just so people would start to discuss him more as possibly coming out and being the first safety taken.

ElectricEye
10-20-2011, 05:56 PM
You've got to figure Andre Branch is rising up a few boards. A lot of people had him as one of the more overrated guys in the class....and I was with you, but he's been getting into the backfield on a consistent basis this year and has 8 sacks already with 5 games to go.