PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Team

Pat Sims 90
10-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok we have the Most Overrated Team thread. Now who is the Most underrated team this year. Tired to stay away from teams that are in most people top 5's.

Breed
10-11-2011, 08:53 PM
A thread to brag about the Bengals over achieving?

Pat Sims 90
10-11-2011, 08:54 PM

I voted for the Bills how am i braggin up the Bengals?

Breed
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I voted for the Bills how am i braggin up the Bengals?

I assumed it was because the Bengals were predicted to win 3 games the entire season by most experts.

Carry along...

CC.SD
10-11-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm happy to brag, the bolts are a nonexistent topic right now but are 4-1 without an absolute gamebreaker in Gates. Who will be back after our bye. The offense hasn't really clicked without him but it never does this early in the season. Vincent Jackson has been ferocious, Floyd is still a continual deep threat, the D has looked damn good, making plays with the game on the line and oh yeah, Ryan Mathews is 3rd in the NFL in total yards while splitting time with Tolbert.

Meanwhile it is readily apparent the team has a lot of improvement to do, which they always end up getting to. This year we might not even have a huge deficit to make up late in the season. and look I went this whole post without mentioning the sexiest man on the team \/

thegreatone
The Green Bay Packers.

tjsunstein
Tennessee Titans for me.
Bills are closer to being overrated depending on who you ask.

thenewfeature06
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
SD is underrated? I guess they are not getting talked about but that is the reason I voted for them then. Best team on that list and I was going to go with SF but I don't think they can beat teams with good QBs. Carlos Rogers has been a nice addition but Alex Smith can't be trusted too much, imo SF is in that range of like 13-20 as far power rankings.

Breed
10-11-2011, 09:24 PM
San Diego isn't really underrated to me. they beat the Vikes, Chiefs, Dolphins, and Broncos.

The only team they played with a winning record was New England & they lost that game.

I know you play who ever is on your schedule but they really don't have that signature win. So i think they're rated about right where they are.

49erNation85
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
49ers big time.If we could only play much bigger on offense or get another big time wr .

keylime_5
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
49ers/Bengals/Raiders/Bills/Titans/Redskins/not the Chargers.

Pat Sims 90
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Still have not bought into the 49ers they have yet to have to play or win against a great team. If they can beat either Detroit, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh then i will start buying into them.

49erNation85
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Don't be hating just because they beat the Bengals now.

hawkeye123
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Don't be hating just because they beat the Bengals now.

Please don't stir the pot...

He's right. The 49ers haven't beaten a legit team yet, although i believe the Buc's are a good one. The 49ers have been carried by the defense every game so far besides the game against Tampa. We got a ways to go offensively before being considered close to a top team.

bored of education
10-11-2011, 10:09 PM
niners or bungles

VernonLawson89
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM

He's right. The 49ers haven't beaten a legit team yet, although i believe the Buc's are a good one. The 49ers have been carried by the defense every game so far besides the game against Tampa. We got a ways to go offensively before being considered close to a top team.

And who have the Lions beat?

Caulibflower
10-11-2011, 10:35 PM
The 49er are overrated.

nobodyinparticular
10-11-2011, 11:24 PM
SD is ranked 7 by ESPN, 5 by CBS and 6 by Foxsports. It would be tough to consider them underrated when they have no wins against a quality opponent and have taken every win down to the wire. I'm not saying they should be ranked lower--with 4 wins, they should be solidly 4-7. However, that's exactly where they are ranked.

Are they getting a ton of face time? No. But what do you expect when you go out and underwhelm against an underwhelming opponent every week? You're going to struggle to be relevant talking material.

Rosebud
10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I dunno. Oakland and Buffalo are the two good teams on that list that people didn't expect to be good before the season but people are catching on and getting on the bandwagon. The 9ers are overachieving right now, but I'm not sold that they can stay above mediocre, which could be enough to win the NFC West, same as the Titans and Bengals for me. Not terrible teams that can upset better teams but aren't themselves good teams yet.

I think the Cowboys are under-rated right now. That offense is moving the ball better than expect and hte D is handling the secondary injuries better than I expected. If Romo's got most of his big chokes out of the way for this season this could easily be a playoff team.

Ness
10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
The Oakland Raiders. It's not pretty, but they are getting wins.

RaiderNation
10-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Not trying to look like a homer but I'm saying the Raiders. We have a much improved oline which in turn making our offense more efficient. McFadden is a game breaker in open field and we have a lot of young talent at WR. The defense when it wants to plays at good level, but we still have holes at WLB, CB and a pass rushing DE. We have a 3 game home stretch playing the Browns, Chiefs and Broncos, all very winnable games. If we can go 3-0 and be 6-2 heading into playing at San Diego, we will have a real chance at winning our division.

tjsunstein
10-12-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't think the Raiders are underrated, not by me atleast. I gave them a legit shot at beating New England. I'd say if they were to play 10 times this year, Oakland would win 3.

nobodyinparticular
10-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Not trying to look like a homer but I'm saying the Raiders. We have a much improved oline which in turn making our offense more efficient. McFadden is a game breaker in open field and we have a lot of young talent at WR. The defense when it wants to plays at good level, but we still have holes at WLB, CB and a pass rushing DE. We have a 3 game home stretch playing the Browns, Chiefs and Broncos, all very winnable games. If we can go 3-0 and be 6-2 heading into playing at San Diego, we will have a real chance at winning our division.

The Raiders have been killed by injuries to their LB corps and secondary. I wonder what this team would look like with good health...

BigBanger
10-12-2011, 12:57 AM
And who have the Lions beat?

LxOeG3myCdU&feature=related

bucfan12
10-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm going with the Redskins. Everyone said how bad they'd be at QB with Sexy Rexy running the show. They've been very good. They flopped on a game they should have won, but no one expected them to be in 1st place right now. They were in the talk for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes all off-season.

Bengalsrocket
10-12-2011, 01:27 AM

I voted for the Bengals, deal with it.

At the start of the season some people on this forum believed the Bengals could go 0-16. I know we're one of the jokes of the NFL year in and year out, but this team has been super exciting so far.

It's not like Bengals fans are making threads about Andy Dalton every week. We're quietly excited in our small section of the team forums and we generally keep it there :)

vidae
10-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Give me a call when the Chargers beat a team with a pulse. Until then they're as overrated as they always have been.

nobodyinparticular
10-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Give me a call when the Chargers beat a team with a pulse. Until then they're as overrated as they always have been.

Heck, I'd like to see them beat a team without a pulse convincingly. That hasn't happened yet either.

BigBanger
10-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Eagles.

LOL. No.

Ness
10-12-2011, 02:48 AM

Weren't carried by defense against the Eagles.

lex
10-12-2011, 04:11 AM
I voted for the titans. I never thought they could win that many games early with hasselbeck at QB and CJ just coming out of a holdout. That said, i don't see them as a real playoff contender.

J-Mike88
10-12-2011, 05:52 AM
The division leaders of the NFC East, the Washington Redskins.
Solid defense. Good running game. Decent QB.

abaddon41_80
10-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Fun fact: Taking away their games against the 49ers, the 49ers opponents are a combined 10-9. Taking away their games against the Lions, the Lions opponents are a combined 10-9. Clearly the 49ers haven't beat anyone but the Lions are a top five team.

tjsunstein
10-12-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't care about opponent records when I can clearly see that the Lions are worlds better than the 49ers by just watching them both.

JBCX
10-12-2011, 07:39 AM
The 49ers have an amazing defense. They will easily win the NFC West and will probably secure a first-round bye.

I could actually see them going to the Super Bowl, as crazy as that sounds. Defense rules in the playoffs and the 49ers might have the best defense in the NFC.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2011, 08:01 AM
I am still surprised the Bills aren't being talked about. Yes they are overachieving but they are 4-1 having beat Oakland, New England and Philly.

They are not getting enough love. They are far more underrated than Oakland, Tennessee, San Diego and probably San Fran

abaddon41_80
10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't care about opponent records when I can clearly see that the Lions are worlds better than the 49ers by just watching them both.

Passing game goes to the Lions by a mile but the 49ers have a much better defense and running game. I guess we will see this weekend.

Raiderz4Life
10-12-2011, 08:57 AM
The 49ers have an amazing defense. They will easily win the NFC West and will probably secure a first-round bye.

I could actually see them going to the Super Bowl, as crazy as that sounds. Defense rules in the playoffs and the 49ers might have the best defense in the NFC.

Jumping off the redskins bandwagon are we??

bearsfan_51
10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
The Niners. I was guilty of it too.

CC.SD
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM

Heck, I'd like to see them beat a team without a pulse convincingly. That hasn't happened yet either.

Just win, baby -- Al Davis

I've seen a few dozen raider articles lately and it's because they beat...the Jets? Yeah that's looking like a real gem of a win right now. The Texans blew it too and that's not a mantleplace win either. Is the BCS going to release an NFL poll anytime soon? 4-1 is not a coincidence, especially minus our best freaking offensive weapon and with a mash unit on D.

keylime_5
10-12-2011, 10:20 AM
niners not having beaten a good team = b.s.

wins against the Bucs, Bengals, and Eagles are nothing to scoff at. Two of those on the road in the Eastern timezone. It'd be one thing if they beat the Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Vikings, or Colts but they didn't.

bearsfan_51
10-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I've seen a few dozen raider articles lately and it's because they beat...the Jets?
I think it has more to do with the fact that Al Davis died and the idea of the Raiders finally making the playoffs the same year he died makes a great narrative.

VAfy-ya
10-12-2011, 10:55 AM

wins against the Bucs, Bengals, and Eagles are nothing to scoff at. Two of those on the road in the Eastern timezone. It'd be one thing if they beat the Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Vikings, or Colts but they didn't.

Thank you. And add to that our lone loss was a game we should have won in regualtion and there isn't much of a difference between us and the Lions at the moment. But I understand the pesimistic views. Our offense is blue-collar with very few splash plays that dominate ESPN and NFLN highlight reels. And our QB has been the laughing-stock of the league now for years. I wouldn't expect anything less.

abaddon41_80
10-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Outside of their common opponents so far, the Cowboys and Bucs, the 49ers have played better teams.

49ers:
Seattle - The Seahawks aren't that bad. Probably bottom 10 but still there are teams a lot worse.
@ Cincinnati - Not a horrible team and an early, east-coast game that west coast teams almost never win
@ Philadelphia - Apparently the Eagles suck but still an early, east-coast game

Lions:
Kansas City - A bottom five team
@ Minnesota - Maybe just outside of the bottom five
@ Chicago - About as good as the Bengals

Yet almost everyone has the Lions in their top five and they aren't overrated while the 49ers are anywhere between 9-15 from what I have seen and they are? It doesn't make sense.

keylime_5
10-12-2011, 11:18 AM
yeah, i didn't mention the Cowboys in my post, who they lost to in overtime. Cowboys are a good team as well. The 49ers have played a pretty hard schedule so far and are very close to being 4-0 instead of 3-1. They still have 5 games left against the NFC West too.

Jvig43
10-12-2011, 11:20 AM
49ers because they have the best QB in the league.

jrdrylie
10-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Are we voting on who was underrated based on preseasons predicitons, because in that case, it has to be Washington and Buffalo. Both had people saying they could be in the running for the first pick.

Or are we saying who is underrated right now? In that case, it has to be San Francisco. People overlook them because they are in the NFC West.

A Perfect Score
10-12-2011, 11:56 AM

You mean Aaron Rod...ALEX SMITH!

bantx
10-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Just win, baby -- Al Davis

I've seen a few dozen raider articles lately and it's because they beat...the Jets? Yeah that's looking like a real gem of a win right now. The Texans blew it too and that's not a mantleplace win either. Is the BCS going to release an NFL poll anytime soon? 4-1 is not a coincidence, especially minus our best freaking offensive weapon and with a mash unit on D.

Apparently Raiders had 10 men on the field on that final play against Houston's drive and Al was the 11th player...no disrespect, but it was kind of funny to read that.

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_image/c4/c40a1d9e84a406909167992eeaedc2f5/video_raiders_had_men_on_the_field_for_gameclinchi ng_play.jpg

We're also 4-1 with Rivers underachieving and we'll always be overrated until we a superbowl lol I'm used to people saying this, we continue to take the division and people will still underrate us and say it's only the division title. You gotta win the division to have a chance at the superbowl so....I don't get some people's logic

49ersfan_87
10-12-2011, 01:52 PM
How reliable are DVOA ratings from Football Outsiders? Of the 7 teams listed in this poll, FO ranks them as follows..

Bills #1
49ers #2
Titans #8
Raiders #9
Bengals #15
Redskins #16
Chargers #19

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/week-5-dvoa-ratings

killxswitch
10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
For myself I picked Washington, because despite their record I still think of them as a bottom 5 or 7 team.

bucfan12
10-12-2011, 02:07 PM
San Fransisco always had the talent to be this good. They just never had the coaching. Jim Harbaugh was the biggest addition to this team and it's shown.

He's done wonders working with Alex Smith, who has been very good so far. They have a very good running game and you have talent at the WR positions.

On defense, they are physical and there front 7 is nasty. As long as they keep this up, I see them running away with the NFC West. Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis hasn't shown anything that they can keep up with them.

Leon Sandcastle
10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Bengals, Titans, Raiders, Chargers are under rated.

abaddon41_80
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
How reliable are DVOA ratings from Football Outsiders? Of the 7 teams listed in this poll, FO ranks them as follows..

Bills #1
49ers #2
Titans #8
Raiders #9
Bengals #15
Redskins #16
Chargers #19

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2011/week-5-dvoa-ratings

FO is terrible and cons people out of money.

bucfan12
10-12-2011, 02:09 PM
For myself I picked Washington, because despite their record I still think of them as a bottom 5 or 7 team.

I can see what you're saying. Rex Grossman has a history of imploding and making several mistakes. If he starts playing like that, then the season can take a different direction. But no one expected the Skins to compete at all, except the Redskins themselves.

If he keeps his consistant play up so far, that defense can and running game can lead them to the playoffs.

bantx
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Torrian/Hightower combo is looking nice for them

jsagan77
10-12-2011, 04:54 PM
It's really hard to say. All these teams are close but none of them are consistent enough for my liking. If they play each other, flip a coin... IMO, the Redskins are the best team on this board because they make the least amount of mistakes, have a good run game, and an improving D. But again, I wouldn't want to bet against any team up there because these teams are all seem so similar. Average QB (besides Rivers), good run game, good D. The thing that sperates them in the end (at least to me) is HC and I'd take Shanny over anyone of these teams coaches.

SuperMcGee
10-12-2011, 05:41 PM
LxOeG3myCdU&feature=related

This is the best post you have ever made.

OzTitan
10-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Obviously most of these teams were underrated heading into the season, but right now, after 5 weeks, I think the surprise of their good starts has worn off and underrated teams now are those good teams who started bad and everyone dismisses, but will end up turning it around.

On another note I think it was impressive how the Bills came back with a win last week after the Bengals loss. It would have been easy to go on a slide, especially against the desperate Eagles.

gpngc
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Underrated = the perception is that they are worse than the reality.

New York paper labeled the Seahawks 'woeful' prior to Week 5.

The Perception: T-Jack is awful, the defense is a cakewalk, they're a non-competitive team, especially away from home.

Reality:

1 - T-Jack has been pretty efficient so far, particularly since Sidney Rice started playing. And Whitehurst hasn't played poorly in a live situation since his first career start a year ago against the NYG at home.

2 - The defense is actually very good. The DL is playing as well as any in the NFL, Chris Clemons is an underrated beast, and the run defense is top-notch with Hawthorne/Red Bryant healthy and K.J. Wright in for stupid Curry.

3 - They've been competitive for 4 of 5 contests. Down 2 in the 4th against the Niners, they stupidly chose to kickoff (following a Doug Baldwin TD) to Ted Ginn. Ginn added another after to make the score look a lot worse than it actually was (even 49er fans can attest to that) on the road.

Flying to Pitt for the 1:00 PM ET start against the hungriest team imaginable coming off a loss the Ravens, the Seahawks looked like the inept team everyone had them pegged for. Particularly on offense. Even with no help at all, the defense wasn't terrible, holding the Steelers running game in check. Brandon Browner, in his second NFL start, struggled with the speed of Mike Wallace - not surprising.

Beat Arizona at home thanks to a stellar defensive effort.

Lost to Atlanta at home despite coming back from a 27-7 deficit. In the second half, they outscored Atlanta 21-3, but ultimately had to settle for a 61-yard FG attempt that fell short, resulting in a 2-point loss. T-Jack played brilliantly, as both his interceptions were on tipped balls.

Destroyed the Giants in NY.

This is a young team with a lot of new faces, so seeing the strides building up and some momentum cannot be overstated. Clearly, the running game is improving because of some continuity and confidence along the young offensive line.

The starting safeties are also getting better with each game, as both are 2nd-year players. Brandon Browner had never played in an NFL game prior to this season - he's now a starter as well - and is improving as much as an NFL CB (one of the most difficult jobs out there) can on the fly.

Pretty much every arrow is pointing up.

fenikz
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
beating arizona isnt an accomplishment, both teams looked horrible

XxXdragonXxX
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
to preface, no I don't think the Seahawks are the most underrated team in the NFL. They need to keep playing like they have the last 1.5 games to say that.

However.

The Seahawks are an extremely young team, they've been improving all year, in every facet of the game, especially the last 2 weeks. The 2nd half against Atlanta and last week against the Giants they looked like playoff contenders. Unfortunately the deficit was just barely out of reach against Atlanta. They finally put together a full game in New York (an early game on the east coast...) The defense has been solid all year, especially against the run, and the pass D is improving and finally creating turnovers. The offensive line that has 2 rookies, 2 second year guys and a backup starting (none of these guys had played a regular season game together before this year) has been improving every game. This was the worst unit on the team at the start of the year, now they're actually looking pretty good.

Looking at the Seahawks schedule, I could see a 10-6 finish. Just need to cut out the dumb penalties and turnovers in the red-zone.

bucfan12
10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah, as much as the 49ers have improved, week 1 matchup between the Seahawks and Niners wasn't a pretty one when it came to offense.

The niners have picked things up offensively, and the Seahawks have played better offensively as well once Rice returned.

However, the Seahawks only beat the Cardinals and they beat a Giants team when you never know what Eli Manning will show up. They beat good teams and lose to teams they should beat. Some how, I still can't figure the Giants out.

BigBanger
10-13-2011, 10:07 AM
This is the best post you have ever made.
I actually agree. I'm pretty proud of myself for that lol.

EvilNixon
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Definitely the Bengals. Great D and Dalton is coming along nicely.

Rosebud
10-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Giants got destroyed by the Seahawks? I thought we were driving for the game winning touchdown when Cruz slipped and tipped the ball right into a seahawks' players hands to seal our loss in a game where we played like absolute crap...I guess we just have different impressions of what the word destroyed means...

OSUGiants17
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
The Raiders, undefeated in their division last year, beat the Jets this year, have a real good shot at winning the West this year, have a MVP candidate in DMC and yet people still think "bad team" when they hear TAH RAIDAHS.

EDIT: Why are the Chargers up there? They are easily the most OVERRATED team in the league. Year after year they're picked to win the West and be a top 5 team and they haven't done either with any consistency. Oh and how many rings does Rivers have?

McBain
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I went with the breadskins.

tjsunstein
10-13-2011, 04:20 PM
EDIT: Why are the Chargers up there? They are easily the most OVERRATED team in the league. Year after year they're picked to win the West and be a top 5 team and they haven't done either with any consistency. Oh and how many rings does Rivers have?
Which is exactly why they may actually be underrated this year. Because they might actually win the West. Known as notorious slow starters, they're off to a 4-1 start regardless of who they beat. Everyone could be underrating the Chargers right now and put them down for another disappointing finish to their season when that may not be the case at all.

But they are neither the most overrated or underrated. And as you can see, the case could be made for either.

I don't know what you're trying to say about Rivers not having a ring. Are you trying to stir an Eli vs Rivers debate? That's the only thing I can think of. I think there's only 6 starting QBs in the NFL (5 since Manning is out) that won a ring. It's not an easy thing to do.

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Despite the Chargers being 4-1, they have yet to impress me, especially since they're considered Super Bowl contenders. Victories against Minnesota, Miami, Denver, and Kansas City, and only loss was a blowout by the Patriots.

It's one thing if you're a young team, but the Chargers a veteren team led by a veterant QB. I'm not saying there terrible, but I don't understand how they get a pass for not being overrated at 4-1.

tjsunstein
10-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Despite the Chargers being 4-1, they have yet to impress me, especially since they're considered Super Bowl contenders. Victories against Minnesota, Miami, Denver, and Kansas City, and only loss was a blowout by the Patriots.

It's one thing if you're a young team, but the Chargers a veteran team led by a veteran QB. I'm not saying there terrible, but I don't understand how they get a pass for not being overrated at 4-1.
I don't get the whole they beat poor teams argument this early in the season. They beat who was on their schedule so far and lost to a top 2 team. They're 4-1 and have clearly made adjustments from last year where special teams were a problem. I'd like for them to close out games a little better, but I wouldn't say margin of victory over who they beat has been a concern. The Packers went through the same thing at times last team where they couldn't close teams out and they did well for themselves. I have a feeling San Diego is going to get better as the season goes on. I like their chances as long as they don't have to face New England again.

CC.SD
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM

It's one thing if you're a young team, but the Chargers a veteren team led by a veterant QB. I'm not saying there terrible, but I don't understand how they get a pass for not being overrated at 4-1.

A blowout by the Pats? The Chargers were driving for the lead late in the 4th...

What is there to 'get a pass for' at 4-1? everyone (including myself btw) is in love with the Lions and they keep putting late game comebacks on teams. Is there really a difference between coming back late vs. holding onto a lead you already had? Not in the standings.

BTW for everyone else like buc who hasn't seen the Chargers play, manusky is calling an absurd amount of prevent/no blitzing in the second half. I'm not sure this is a good thing (it's not, but it is situational at least), however it's a factor in our close victories -- which apparently don't count.

bantx
10-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Philip Rivers has 1500 yds 6 tds and 7ints and we're still winning games lolz

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
A blowout by the Pats? The Chargers were driving for the lead late in the 4th...

What is there to 'get a pass for' at 4-1? everyone (including myself btw) is in love with the Lions and they keep putting late game comebacks on teams. Is there really a difference between coming back late vs. holding onto a lead you already had? Not in the standings.

BTW for everyone else like buc who hasn't seen the Chargers play, manusky is calling an absurd amount of prevent/no blitzing in the second half. I'm not sure this is a good thing (it's not, but it is situational at least), however it's a factor in our close victories -- which apparently don't count.

I don;t know how they can be viewed as underrated.

And I think for a first time in forever, Detroit actually deserves some hype. They're 5-0 and have won there past 8 games dating back to last season.

Complex
10-13-2011, 07:02 PM
How are the Bills underrated? I know they sucked for awhile now but so have the lions and they are not on the list.

bearsfan_51
10-13-2011, 07:21 PM
The Lions were everyone's preseason darling.

Brent
10-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Imagine if he were a Packer. Then that team would really be going places.

gpngc
10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Giants got destroyed by the Seahawks? I thought we were driving for the game winning touchdown when Cruz slipped and tipped the ball right into a seahawks' players hands to seal our loss in a game where we played like absolute crap...I guess we just have different impressions of what the word destroyed means...

We fumbled twice inside the 10-yard line, completely shut down your run, and you scored a 70-yard touchdown on a double-coverage heave on 3rd-and-long on a tipped duck circus catch that was the definition of a fluke.

We dominated both lines of scrimmage all game.

And we played man-up with 2 safeties over the top for the majority of the game and you still couldn't do ****. The better team won.

And we did all this with our starting QB getting injured.

yo123
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
We fumbled twice inside the 10-yard line, completely shut down your run, and you scored a 70-yard touchdown on a double-coverage heave on 3rd-and-long on a tipped duck circus catch that was the definition of a fluke.

We dominated both lines of scrimmage all game.

And we played man-up with 2 safeties over the top for the majority of the game and you still couldn't do ****. The better team won.

And we did all this with our starting QB getting injured.

I don't disagree with the rest of it, but Clipboard Jesus is better than Jackson anyway.

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Kind of off topic I guess but it's great having both the Raiders and 49ers relevant in the NFL again. I've seen so jersey being wore and stuff on cars, it was a real bad 7 or 8 year stretch for Bay Area football.

Brent
10-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Kind of off topic I guess but it's great having both the Raiders and 49ers relevant in the NFL again. I've seen so jersey being wore and stuff on cars, it was a real bad 7 or 8 year stretch for Bay Area football.
dont you remember when the 9ers and Raiders were in the playoffs in '02 and there was talk of a Bay Area SB? sadly the 9ers lost to Tampa and the Raiders also lost to Tampa.

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
dont you remember when the 9ers and Raiders were in the playoffs in '02 and there was talk of a Bay Area SB? sadly the 9ers lost to Tampa and the Raiders also lost to Tampa.

How great would that have been? It's too bad for the Raiders that year, I believe we had the best team in the NFL but Gruden being on the opposite sideline and us basically not changing a thing about the offense cost us and Al another super bowl.

Breed
10-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I wish i could trade my vote to Cincy right about now....

phlysac
10-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I wish i could trade my vote to Cincy right about now....

Have been looking good. I need to see how they compete against the Steelers and Ravens. 4 big games still.

bucfan12
10-30-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm still wondering how the Chargers were even an option. They've beaten KC, Miami, Denver, and Minnesota, and lost to New England and NY Jets. They haven't beaten a legit play off contender.

thegreatone
10-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Green Bay is pretty underrated right now.

I haven't even heard who they played today.

Breed
10-30-2011, 11:45 PM
Green Bay is pretty underrated right now.

I haven't even heard who they played today.

How the **** are they underrated? they are like 8-0 and everyone is crowning em champs

yodabear
10-30-2011, 11:50 PM
The Rams....U MAY LAUGH NOW BUT WHEN WE END THE SEASON ON A TEN GAME WINNING STREAK, WE'LL SEE WHO IS LAUGHING!

thegreatone
10-30-2011, 11:53 PM
How the **** are they underrated? they are like 8-0 and everyone is crowning em champs
They haven't even showed them on ESPN or NFLN today. I still don't know who they played today.

yodabear
10-30-2011, 11:58 PM
They haven't even showed them on ESPN or NFLN today. I still don't know who they played today.

And I only saw Aaron Rodgers in like 33% of the commercials today. Usually its like 66%....I NEEDED THE PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phlysac
10-30-2011, 11:59 PM

Not sure if serious.