PDA

View Full Version : Blockbuster Trade Just Confirmed

MetSox17
10-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Derrick Mason to the Texans for an undisclosed draft pick.

K, maybe it isn't a blockbuster trade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230d5a8/article/jets-will-ship-wr-mason-to-texans-for-undisclosed-draft-pick?module=HP11_breaking_news

ShutDwn
10-12-2011, 12:01 AM
He was traded from the Jets to the Texans. Wow, they traded for a 37 year old receiver? I mean I know he has been sturdy but wow, it better be their 7th rounder in 2020 or something.

TACKLE
10-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Makes me wonder how bad Dre's injury really is.

MetSox17
10-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Apparently it had more to do with him and a few others talking **** about Schottenheimer's offense.

AHungryWalrus
10-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Probably because Schotty sucks.

Ugh.

Complex
10-12-2011, 12:20 AM
I will say it again they should of signed Moss. BTW is Cotchery injured? I know he is on the steelers.

tjsunstein
10-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Schottenheimer doesn't do himself any favors there. He doesn't do anything special with his offense, everything is mediocre.

Ness
10-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Mason was always one of my favorite receivers. I think he should have stayed away from the Jets though. Too bad he couldn't stick around with the Ravens.

phlysac
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
is Cotchery injured? I know he is on the steelers.

Yeah. He's been nursing a hammy since they signed him. I believe he's been inactive every game.

descendency
10-12-2011, 01:18 AM
I will say it again they should of signed Moss. BTW is Cotchery injured? I know he is on the steelers.

But Moss wouldn't even feed that dog**** playcalling to his dogs...

thegreatone
10-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I respect Mason for all his years in Baltimore, but boy am I glad we don't have to deal with him anymore.

CC.SD
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
What do you think Moss is doing right now? I give it 50/50 between training every day like a madman/getting high in one of his smoothie franchises.

CashmoneyDrew
10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
He should have signed with the Titans this offseason. He already lives here anyways.

Thecollegedropout
10-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Even though Mason was spot on with him talking bad about Schotty(Or "Schitty) and his atrocious playcalling, Mason really brought nothing to the table. He was seen laughing with Raven players after the Sunday night debacle as Raven guys were getting interviews and was supposedly heard yelling "WHOS READY FOR RUTH CHRIS STEAK HOUSE!" in the locker room after the Patriots loss, which might have been the last straw.

Jeremy Kerley brings much more to the table. Mason played like he didn't care, like he had no fire or burst and Kerley on the other hand looked really good vs NE and showed alot of "want" on the field so if there's any good out of this, its that Kerley is going to be the team's No.3 and maybe No.2 if Burress doesn't step it up.

The biggest thing Mason was suppose to bring was leadership and it was clear he didn't do it at all. If anything he was becoming more of a problem.

Randy Moss(Even though the Jets refuse to throw long balls due to the ****** O-Line and our Schitty playcalling) would have been neglected and he may have well dogged it by midseason. Cotchery despite the lingering back injury should have been made the team's 3rd WR rather than sign Mason and make Cotchery want out.

Thecollegedropout
10-12-2011, 10:29 AM
He should have signed with the Titans this offseason. He already lives here anyways.
I truly think the Texans made this trade to stop you guys from signing Mason who would have been released and would have signed with the Titans, especially with the dire straits your WR core is at.

I don't know how Mason will do in HOU. Mason supposedly didn't learn much of the Jets playbook so who knows what he will learn with the Texans midseason and with no BYE week.

Maybe he will be laughing it up with his former Raven players after Sunday again.

Splat
10-12-2011, 10:32 AM
What do you think Moss is doing right now?

Praying NE calls because it's the only team he would play for. They won't be calling so he won't be playing.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
10-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Speaking of Moss it would have been really funny if he signed with the colts on a one year deal and then he finds out he wouldn't have manning.

TitanHope
10-12-2011, 06:14 PM
I truly think the Texans made this trade to stop you guys from signing Mason who would have been released and would have signed with the Titans, especially with the dire straits your WR core is at.

I don't know how Mason will do in HOU. Mason supposedly didn't learn much of the Jets playbook so who knows what he will learn with the Texans midseason and with no BYE week.

Maybe he will be laughing it up with his former Raven players after Sunday again.

The Titans did the same thing to J'Ville for Travis Henry a few years ago. The FO was interested in him, but for whatever reason, didn't want to make the trade. But once they found out that if they themselves didn't pull the trigger, then J'Ville would get him. That was enough additional incentive for them to pony up a 3rd RD'er.

If that's the case, then I'm glad the Texans sniped us and gave up a pick for him. I love DMase, but I'd rather Damian Williams and Lavelle Hawkins continue to develop with the extended playing time. If we do make a trade or sign another WR (which there's a rumor the Titans are searching, even after signing Donnie Avery), I'd rather it be for a guy who is better than Hands Washington or is a young guy with potential - none of which describes Mason.