PDA

View Full Version : Two rounder (see if you can spot the big surprise)

MI_Buckeye
10-12-2011, 02:37 AM
1. Miami Andrew Luck, Stanford QB
2. St. Louis Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State WR
3. Indianapolis Matt Kalil, USC OT
4. Jacksonville Quinton Coples, North Carolina DE
5. Arizona Riley Reiff, Iowa OT
6. Cleveland Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina WR
7. Seattle Robert Griffin, Baylor QB
8. Denver Landry Jones, Oklahoma QB
9. Minnesota Jerel Worthy, Michigan State DT
10. Kansas City Jonathan Martin, Stanford OT
11. Cincinnati Trent Richardson, Alabama RB
12. Carolina Morris Claiborne, LSU CB
13. Cleveland Luke Kuechly, Boston College ILB
14. Chicago Michael Floyd, Notre Dame WR
15. Washington Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State ILB
16. Philadelphia Zach Brown, North Carolina OLB
17. Tennessee Alameda Ta'amu, Washington DT
18. Tampa Bay Jayron Hosley, Virginia Tech CB
19. Jets Courtney Upshaw, Alabama OLB
20. Oakland Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama CB
21. San Francisco Chase Minnifield, Virginia CB
22. Dallas Lamar Miller, Miami RB
23. Houston Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M WR
24. Pittsburgh David DeCastro, Stanford OG
25. Giants Manti Te'O, Notre Dame ILB
26. San Diego Bruce Irvin, West Virginia OLB
27. Buffalo Mike Adams, Ohio State OT
28. Detroit Michael Brewster, Ohio State C
29. Baltimore Melvin Ingram, South Carolina DE/LB
30. New England Jared Crick, Nebraska DE
31. New England Cordy Glenn, Georgia OG
32. Green Bay Donta Hightower, Alabama LB

33. Miami Josh Chapman, Alabama DT
34. St. Louis Brandon Thompson, Clemson DT
35. Indianapolis Matt Barkley, USC QB
36. Jacksonville Nick Toon, Wisconsin WR
37. Philadelphia Devon Still, Penn State DT
38. Cleveland Dwayne Allen, Clemson TE
39. Seattle Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska CB
40. Denver Mike Martin, Michigan DT
41. Minnesota Andrew Datko, Florida State OT
42. Kansas City Brandon Jenkins, Florida State OLB
43. Carolina Travis Lewis, Oklahoma OLB
44. Cincinnati Brandon Boykin, Georgia CB
45. Atlanta Vinny Curry, Marshall DE
46. Chicago Ryan Miller, Colorado OG
47. Washington Ryan Tannehill, Alabama QB
48. Philadelphia Brian Quick, Appalachian State WR
49. Tennessee Mark Barron, Alabama S
50. Tampa Bay Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma WR
51. Jets T.J. McDonald, USC S
52. New England Ryan Steed, Furman CB
53. San Francisco Kheeston Randall, Texas DE
54. Dallas Coryell Judie, Texas A&M CB
55. Houston Cam Johnson, Virginia DE
56. Pittsburgh Audie Cole, N.C. State ILB
57. Giants Devin Taylor, South Carolina DE
58. San Diego Marvin McNutt, Iowa WR
59. Buffalo Donte Paige-Moss, North Carolina OLB
60. Detroit Donnie Fletcher, Boston College CB
61. Baltimore Kelechi Osemele, Iowa State
OG
62. New Orleans Chris Rainey, Florida RB
63. New England T.Y. Hilton, Florida International WR
64. Green Bay Coby Fleenor, Stanford TE

no bare feet
10-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Barkley falling to the 2nd to indy.

cmarq83
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Not crazy about the Cordy Glenn pick. They picked up a similar type guy last year in Marcus Cannon, and if he's healthy he'll get plugged into that RG spot. They also like more athletic lineman so maybe if a guy like DeCastro was there they might take a look at him in the first for value sake. Center is probably the only first round type need on the Pats.

Barron, McDonald, Curry, Jenkins, or maybe even Dennard to play safety would be a better pick.

FootballGod
10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
You have Ryan Miller listed twice.

TimmG6376
10-12-2011, 09:12 AM
I know the Coby Fleener kid has gotten some attention lately but unless they decide that Finely isn't coming back I can't see them investing a 1st round pick in a TE. TE is one of our deepest positions with five on the roster.

indyfan1985
10-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Wow! Great draft for the Colts! Getting a stud at LT to make this OL one of the best, and then getting our future at QB in Barkley to learn under Peyton ala Favre/Rodgers. Perfect scenario for Indy!

prock
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I would prefer to get Martin in the first and a playmaking WR in the second for the Vikings, but I do love reinforcing the trenches.

MI_Buckeye
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
You have Ryan Miller listed twice.

Thank you. I am changing the Ravens' pick to Kelechi Osemele.

TimmG6376
10-12-2011, 03:40 PM
I know the Coby Fleener kid has gotten some attention lately but unless they decide that Finely isn't coming back I can't see them investing a 1st round pick in a TE. TE is one of our deepest positions with five on the roster.

Apologies, just noticed it is a 2nd Rd pick, but the above still applies IMO. They would have to be convinced that Finely is not coming back to draft another TE.

fenikz
10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Martin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reiff

and the surprise is Ryan Tannerhill transferring to Alabama

T-RICH49
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
no way and I mean no way does KC pass on Barkley if he's there

shylo3716
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Hell there is no way Barkley comes out if he is a 2nd Round projection. As long as he keeps throwing bombs to Woods he will be just fine as a 1st Rounder.

J-Mike88
10-12-2011, 07:51 PM
As long as Green Bay drafts #32, I'm on board with everything here.
Hopefully this team will take a good OLB high, but one never knows.

Splat
10-12-2011, 08:11 PM
HZHwxIL9oYo

bengalbuck
10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Good work on the Bengals picks.

I think the majority of us would love Richardson in the 1st.

I don't know a ton about Boykin but CB is a logical position of need with Clements getting old and Pacman a FA. I'd love to see Pacman have a big 2nd half of the season and re-sign in Cincy, making CB less of a pressing need, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Menardo75
10-12-2011, 10:39 PM
First pick for the Niners is good second pick needs to be S or interrior OL.

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Floyd is a great pick. In the 2nd give us T.J. Mcdonald

BudIce
10-13-2011, 04:54 AM
Why is it viewed that blackmon will be taken before jeffery?

just wondering what others think. i for one think blackmon is one of the best college players ive seen in a long time. and i agree he is better. just want to know what others think about it.

MI_Buckeye
10-13-2011, 06:31 AM
Hell there is no way Barkley comes out if he is a 2nd Round projection. As long as he keeps throwing bombs to Woods he will be just fine as a 1st Rounder.

Barkley reminds me a lot of Jimmy Clausen. Super-highly recruited coming out of high school, good but not stellar in college, adequate but not outrageous physical tools, needs to work on accuracy. I think as the draft process proceeds, he could be in for a big fall. He might end up solidifying himself as an elite prospect, but as of now, I am a skeptic.

Another thing to consider, the market for QBs will not be nearly as fertile as it was last year. Look around the league, and try to find teams that don't already have a lot invested at the position. There are fewer now than I can ever remember. Also, there will be free agency and trading before the draft next year, so the few teams that might have issues will have time to address them.

MI_Buckeye
10-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Apologies, just noticed it is a 2nd Rd pick, but the above still applies IMO. They would have to be convinced that Finely is not coming back to draft another TE.

Yeah, I'm sort of sensing that Finley might want out based on recent comments about not getting the ball enough. Either way, it is just hard to find many holes in the Packer roster. They are the most complete team I can ever remember. I know this is going out on a limb, but I would not be surprised if they completed a perfect season.

MI_Buckeye
10-13-2011, 06:35 AM
HZHwxIL9oYo

Thanks for the constructive feedback. And for subjecting me to three seconds of a Wayans brother. I am eternally grateful.

MI_Buckeye
10-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Floyd is a great pick. In the 2nd give us T.J. Mcdonald

I would say there is about a zero percent chance they ignore the trenches in the first two rounds. Jay Cutler is soon to become one with the Soldier Field turf.

TimmG6376
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I'm sort of sensing that Finley might want out based on recent comments about not getting the ball enough. Either way, it is just hard to find many holes in the Packer roster. They are the most complete team I can ever remember. I know this is going out on a limb, but I would not be surprised if they completed a perfect season.

He softened his stance afterwards. I don't necessarily think he wants out. I do think he is going to want to get PAID. The question becomes whether TTs opinion of his market value matches what other teams will be willing to fork over.

The holes in the roster are not large but they could use improvement in some spots:

OLB: The guys opposite Clay are serviceable, but not dynamic

DL: Picket and Green are over 30. Neal has had some injury woes. The other guys are decent rotational players but could be upgraded

OL: Looks like OT is in pretty good shape, but not much depth at OG or C

S: I'll throw this in there because of the uncertain future of Nick Collins. I think by the time the draft rolls around we'll have a better idea.

Ozzy
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree with your top part of the draft, I have the same thing. All of those fine quarterbacks going early based on team needs. And sadly the lack of star defensive tackles and defensive ends. Outside of Coples few deserve in my opinion to be really high top 10 picks.

Matthew Jones
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I can dig Jared Crick, but Cordy Glenn is not a fit for the blocking scheme and Steed is a big reach, especially considering New England's investments in McCourty, Bodden, and Dowling. Arrington is also playing well. The Patriots don't usually look at the smaller schools until way later in the draft, so I doubt they'd take Steed or Hilton.

killxswitch
10-13-2011, 12:55 PM
This would be a stupid-good draft for the Colts.

CJSchneider
10-13-2011, 03:41 PM
An RB to NO in the 2nd, Really?
Really?

thule
10-13-2011, 03:43 PM
cowboys drafting another running back when we don't even use the ones we have? No matter how you view felix...we have Choice and just used a 3rd round pick on Murray....don't see it.

Pat Sims 90
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
2 Solid picks for the Bengals.

wicket
10-18-2011, 06:08 PM
An RB to NO in the 2nd, Really?
Really?

if it means we're trading ingram and finally just admit that were running the spread im fine with it, otherwise, ewwww