PDA

View Full Version : Will Washington's Alameda Ta'amu Be a Dominant NT?

KCStud
10-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Just wondering what you guys think. I read what Scott wrote about him and I've watched a few of his games. He seems like a massive disruptive force that has a bit of quickness to him, much like BJ Raji.
I think he'll be the best NT prospect to come out in 2012, so I was wondering how he compares to Raji, Wilfork, Taylor and other recent NT's?

Babylon
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Just wondering what you guys think. I read what Scott wrote about him and I've watched a few of his games. He seems like a massive disruptive force that has a bit of quickness to him, much like BJ Raji.
I think he'll be the best NT prospect to come out in 2012, so I was wondering how he compares to Raji, Wilfork, Taylor and other recent NT's?

At the end of last year he had really come on and looked the part of a B.J. Raji but i think he's sort of gone back to that prior type of play to start this year. He's got a NT build and is pretty mobile but not sure how high you draft that type of a player. My guess is he's looking at late second round.

tjsunstein
10-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm really excited about him. I like what he's done in college a lot. As stated, he has underachieved this year compared to expectations but I'd love to see him with NFL talent around him in a front seven. I don't think he'll be the dominant figure like the guys you listed but I don't think he'll be considered a weak part of a defense. A nice complementary player at a greatly important position.

RaiderNation
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Dominant? No, there may only be a few NTs in the league that could get the honor of that. But I do think he will be a starter. He is worth a look in the mid/late 1st round