PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cushing: is his 2011 breakout season so far due to steriods?

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Just saying. There was a lockout from March until August, meaning he could have gotten right back on them without being tested. His 2010 campaign was terrible.

Starting to think this is could be the scenario.

cvv84
10-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Just saying. There was a lockout from March until August, meaning he could have gotten right back on them without being tested. His 2010 campaign was terrible.

Starting to think this is could be the scenario.

Oh where to begin, for one the 2011 season started back in August so the drug testing did as well. So what you're proposing is a 2.5 month long performance drug?

PackerLegend
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Way to ask a question nobody can answer... I dont think he had time to and without getting caught.

tjsunstein
10-13-2011, 06:00 PM
What are your intentions with this thread?

Pat Sims 90
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Really a Football Player on Roids. Get the **** out of here.

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 06:02 PM
I think it's odd that he tested positive for them after the 2009 season, served a 4 game suspension and really didn't play well at all.

There was no testing during the lockout and now he's back to 2009 form? Little fishy. I meann, look at Shawn Merriman. Once he got caught a few years ago, he wwas never the same. He's playing better, but again, there was no testing for 5 months.

tjsunstein
10-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I think it's odd that he tested positive for them after the 2009 season, served a 4 game suspension and really didn't play well at all.

There was no testing during the lockout and now he's back to 2009 form? Little fishy. I meann, look at Shawn Merriman. Once he got caught a few years ago, he wwas never the same. He's playing better, but again, there was no testing for 5 months.
Maybe he's kind of good at football?

TitanHope
10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Sometimes, when a player gets coached by a defensive coordinator who isn't incompetant, their play will improve.

Not only that, but when you add in more talent around a player, such as a starting CB, FS, and a 1st RD pick on the DL in front of him, said player will have the supporting cast that many playmakers need.

Probably steroids though.

Complex
10-13-2011, 06:04 PM
I think the drug testing started in July because if remember right they were trying to agree on how drug testing and punishing players for getting was going into trouble was going to work.

But during the preseason I was wondering the same thing if Brian Cushing was on PEDs again during the lock-out

CC.SD
10-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Yep, every successful player is on steroids. That's amazing that your detective work has uncovered this vast conspiracy.

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Yep, every successful player is on steroids. That's amazing that your detective work has uncovered this vast conspiracy.

The only reason I'm pointing out Cushing is because he was caught, after he was caught, he sucked.

Then, when there wasa 5 month period of no testing, he's suddenly just as good as he was when he was a rookie?

I'm not pointing out every successful player is on steriods. Just the one who was cuaght. Moron.

Sloopy
10-13-2011, 06:16 PM

The guy has been considered bound for greatness since, what? high school? Middle school? I think its safe to say some of it might be a product of him being good. Furthermore I believe he is in a more natural role as a 3-4 ILB than a 4-3 outside backer.

Sloopy
10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
The only reason I'm pointing out Cushing is because he was caught, after he was caught, he sucked.

Then, when there wasa 5 month period of no testing, he's suddenly just as good as he was when he was a rookie?

I'm not pointing out every successful player is on steriods. Just the one who was cuaght. Moron.

Clay Matthews was reported to have tested positively for steroids at the scouting combine. Do we credit his current success to steroids?

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Clay Matthews was reported to have tested positively for steroids at the scouting combine. Do we credit his current success to steroids?

How come he was never suspended then his rookie season? Don't buy that.

Look at Cushing. Does he look Naturally Muscular to you?

gsorace
10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I meann, look at Shawn Merriman. Once he got caught a few years ago, he wwas never the same.

That might have something to do with him blowing out his knee. Just a thought.

CC.SD

Only Vidae, Bant and Brodeur are allowed to call me names. TH has probably earned the right too...you have no argument beyond 'Does he look naturally muscular?' Show me another positive test. Show me anything besides complete conjecture. Otherwise, don't. and shhh.

Complex

Its possible I mean the guy sat the bench most of his high school career except for a couple of games.

To be fair there were rumors of Brian Cushing taking steroids during his high school years.

Sloopy
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
How come he was never suspended then his rookie season? Don't buy that.

Look at Cushing. Does he look Naturally Muscular to you?

Of the two, Cushing was highly recruited while Matthews was a walk on. Matthews was a special teams only player his whole college career until he bulked up in one off season and became a starter in his final year bolting from no name to top NFL prospect seemingly over night. Cushing was on recruit's raider since his early high school years and was a 4 year starter.

If you heard that story without knowing the names of the players you would think Clay was the juicer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-combinedrugs040309

Cushing and Matthews were included in previous reports indicating that up to six prominent players had tested positive for performance-enhancing or recreational drugs in tests administered in February at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis

both were told that they were clean later. However, Cushing got caught again.

The doctor who administers the NFL policy on performance-enhancing drugs told highly regarded USC linebackers Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews Jr. on Friday that neither tested positive for banned substances, including steroids

bucfan12
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
There were a ton of reports that had Cushing linked to steriod use back in High School.

http://beforeafters.com/people/fitness-exercise/muscle-gains/brian-cushing-steroids/

Ngatachance92
10-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Players have never bounced back after having a bad season, he must be juicing again... Usually when you have a bad season it means your just a bad football player and should retire unless there's a lockout where you can sneak in some juicing sessions and play good again for one more season....

BRAVEHEART
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Of the two, Cushing was highly recruited while Matthews was a walk on. Matthews was a special teams only player his whole college career until he bulked up in one off season and became a starter in his final year bolting from no name to top NFL prospect seemingly over night. Cushing was on recruit's raider since his early high school years and was a 4 year starter.

If you heard that story without knowing the names of the players you would think Clay was the juicer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-combinedrugs040309

both were told that they were clean later. However, Cushing got caught again.

um, no....stop exaggerating to prove your point.

Sloopy
10-13-2011, 07:33 PM
um, no....stop exaggerating to prove your point.

He was a special teams player, he then in an off season put on a decent amount of weight and became a full time starter. I'm not saying he was juicing, by all accounts he is a monster in the weight room. What part of this is false? I believe he may have had a few snaps at LB when Cush was injured

EDIT: He had 2 starts in 2007 when Cushing was out, other than that he was a reserve linebacker and special teams player who appeared for minimal playing time at the LB position while excelling on special teams? 15 tackles in 2006 (includes ST) 17 tackles in 2007 (includes ST) stand out special teams player maybe, but nothing special otherwise.

bored of education
i hate you and your threads

tjsunstein
When you don't know, just assume.

Sloopy
10-13-2011, 07:35 PM
There were a ton of reports that had Cushing linked to steriod use back in High School.

http://beforeafters.com/people/fitness-exercise/muscle-gains/brian-cushing-steroids/

Thats a picture of him at USC his freshman year... this proves nothing

Ngatachance92
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
They just need to legalize roids in football. For my money I'd prefer watching juiced up Space Jam monsters go at it any day of the week.

niel89
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Its not that big of a jump to think that a guy that has been caught using steroid would use them again during a time where he had no chance of getting caught.

The majority of his success is because of his new coordinator and position though.

Caulibflower
10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
I, for one, am glad Brian Cushing uses steroids, because if he didn't have 'roid pecs he would have the absolute worst tits anyone has every seen.

DoughBoy
10-13-2011, 08:39 PM
The quality of threads on SWDC have become **** lately. Atleast we have some promising young talent like Breed.

SickwithIt1010
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
He was a special teams player, he then in an off season put on a decent amount of weight and became a full time starter. I'm not saying he was juicing, by all accounts he is a monster in the weight room. What part of this is false? I believe he may have had a few snaps at LB when Cush was injured

EDIT: He had 2 starts in 2007 when Cushing was out, other than that he was a reserve linebacker and special teams player who appeared for minimal playing time at the LB position while excelling on special teams? 15 tackles in 2006 (includes ST) 17 tackles in 2007 (includes ST) stand out special teams player maybe, but nothing special otherwise.

He was never a full time starter....actually. So you dont know what youre talking about.

But with Cushing, he now has a good supporting cast around him which has definitely helped his play. Hes in the perfect role for his style of play, and its showing.