PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Lloyd on the trading block.

Caulibflower
10-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Discuss. Know they won't need him with Tebow taking snaps?

Caulibflower
10-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Apparently the Panthers are interested. That'd be interesting. Lloyd has waaaaaaay better hands than Legadu Nanee, who drops a couple balls a game.

dj825
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Wouldnt mind seeing him here in Carolina, should be an upgrade over pretty much everything we have this year opposite Smith. I wonder what we would have to give up though

nepg
10-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Putting him in Carolina would be pretty awesome. Cam likes to chuck it up there and Lloyd is amazing at going up and getting tough balls. Would make their offense extremely dangerous and allow the front office to focus on the defense in the off-season.

FUNBUNCHER
10-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Is this true or speculation??

It's like the Broncos are doing everything they can to make Tebow look like a bum when he starts his first game.

How good a QB would Orton have been last season without Brandon Lloyd?

LonghornsLegend
10-14-2011, 07:29 AM
What sense does he make for the Panthers? He helps Cam develop sure, but they aren't going to the playoffs. I'd rather keep my 3rd-4th to draft a young WR or play-maker to grow with Cam. This is already a competitive, young team, making trades for guys like Olsen makes alot of sense, Lloyd I'm not too sure.

I actually think the Pats or Saints make alot of sense. Saints won't, but IMO he'd be their best WR. Colston is a really good #2 WR, and Meachem is just way too inconsistent. For the Pats it makes all the sense in the world but are they willing to shell out another pick for a 30 year old WR so fast?

elway=goat
10-14-2011, 08:07 AM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1555145

Brian Xanders totally danced around the question. He never said yes or no. Basically said, its crazy how rumors get started via twitter and how the Broncos keep things internally in terms of trades.

Yeah, hes on the block.

He said that every team listens to trade offers, and they would listen to trades "anything is possible".

crossroads
10-14-2011, 08:47 AM
meh. we're never going to win a game while he's still a viable receiver, i'm guessing lloyd decided he wanted out.

I seem to remember LLoyd being fairly against the teams attempt to trade Orton in the summer, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's not thrilled with the move to Tebow and wants out. I can't really blame him, he's in a contract year and playing the rest of the season with Tebow he'd be lucky to break 700 yards receiving.

jth1331
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I seem to remember LLoyd being fairly against the teams attempt to trade Orton in the summer, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's not thrilled with the move to Tebow and wants out. I can't really blame him, he's in a contract year and playing the rest of the season with Tebow he'd be lucky to break 700 yards receiving.

Oh really...
Last year in Tebow's 3 starts, Lloyd had the following numbers:
4 catches, 79 yards, 1 TD
5 catches, 111 yards
5 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD

Totals in 3 games:
14 catches, 263 yards and 2 TD's
Which would equate to 70+ catches, 1300+ yards, and 10+ TD's.

Shane P. Hallam
10-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Lloyd's done fine with Tebow, but his preference is Orton, yes. Tebow did target Lloyd more in the 4th quarter than Orton did all game last week though.

keylime_5
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
He should go to the Rams. Makes too much sense.

McDaniels' system is the one he led the league in receiving with + St. Louis needs a #1 WR at least for the next few years to help with Bradford's development.

ShutDwn
10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Apparently the Panthers are interested. That'd be interesting. Lloyd has waaaaaaay better hands than Legadu Nanee, who drops a couple balls a game.

It's his drops combined with his inability to run after the catch.

I wouldn't want to give more than a fifth for Lloyd and honestly I wouldn't be all for that happening even. Legadu sucks,but he isn't big enough a problem to warrant trading for a fix. LaFell has been good this year, but he needs to learn system and win the second receiver job from Legadu who has a leg up due to his time in the system from years with the Chargers (see what I did there?) .

A trade for Lloyd seems more suitable for an older team, not a developing team. Keep in mind we have David Gettis on IR who was actually better than LaFell last year.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Maybe the Browns could acquire him and get a ******* legit receiver for once.

no bare feet
10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
The Browns need everything but DT and LT.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2011, 11:08 AM
The Browns need everything but DT and LT.

And corner and running back and center and left guard and defensive line in general.

Nice try though.

brat316
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
And corner and running back and center and left guard and defensive line in general.

Nice try though.

add safety to that list and quarterback.

no bare feet
10-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Colt McCoy blows bros

keylime_5
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
oh fun, another bash the browns thread. steelers fan or ravens fan?

FlyingElvis
10-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Oh please let it be Carolina!! He actually would be smart for a team that young. They need an established player more than a young kid who doesn't know ****. That would work out better for Cam than any WR they may pick in round 4.

Tennessee is another team in the mix, which also makes sense.

Source (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351), not that I can speak to the reliability of it.

49erNation85
10-14-2011, 12:15 PM
come back to SF.

ShutDwn
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh please let it be Carolina!! He actually would be smart for a team that young. They need an established player more than a young kid who doesn't know ****. That would work out better for Cam than any WR they may pick in round 4.

Tennessee is another team in the mix, which also makes sense.

Source (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351), not that I can speak to the reliability of it.

Unless Lloyd plays defensive tackle he won't help the team that much.

What did Lloyd do outside of last year? Why does the young team need a 30 year old receiver when they are already fifth in passing offense? Also, if they don't trade for Lloyd doesn't mean they will use a fourth on a receiver, I don't know why you instantly think that.

They don't need an older receiver, they need someone for the future.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
add safety to that list and quarterback.
Actually I should have included tight end, we're really solid there.

TJ Ward is good but he lacks coverage skills and Mike Adams is nothing to write home about or I would have included that. I like TJ alot he just seems to have a lot of blown coverages.

Colt is a gigantic question mark. His stats would show maybe that he isn't doing too bad but in all reality he has had one good game so far. His talent at receiver kills him and some of the play calling has been bad. Announcers have been pointing out that he is just waiting too long to hit receivers, there have been multiple times when receivers are wide open and he releases it probably 1 or 2 seconds late giving them no time to run with the ball before getting hit.

I'm sure he'll work on it over the bye, they're in a new offense but regardless he needs to improve.

Back on track, they should try to SIGN Lloyd to a deal instead of trading him, Tebow needs someone to throw to.

tjsunstein
10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Demaryius Thomas... thought he was way overdrafted. Awesome size and speed but not a pure WR. Hope he's made strides though, because he could become something special.

FUNBUNCHER
10-14-2011, 01:36 PM
come back to SF.

I was just thinking that, but I wonder if Lloyd has burned too many bridges to go back to the Niners.

SF is gonna make a serious playoff push this season IMO and they could really use a player like Lloyd.

FUNBUNCHER
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Demaryius Thomas... thought he was way overdrafted. Awesome size and speed but not a pure WR. Hope he's made strides though, because he could become something special.

Didn't Megatron play in the same offense at Georgia Tech???

Breed
10-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Brandon Lloyd is garbage....

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/blduck.gif

FlyingElvis
10-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Unless Lloyd plays defensive tackle he won't help the team that much.

What did Lloyd do outside of last year? Why does the young team need a 30 year old receiver when they are already fifth in passing offense? Also, if they don't trade for Lloyd doesn't mean they will use a fourth on a receiver, I don't know why you instantly think that.

They don't need an older receiver, they need someone for the future.

???

Why not have both? Lloyd is far better as a WR than Naanee who has 33 targets so far. It would be an immediate upgrade now and, if the cost is a 4th round pick, it wouldn't prevent the team from acquiring a young player. Even if it's simply to finish out the year and cut loose (assuming Gettis / LaFell are looking better in the off-season) it seems like it would make the Panthers better. Naanee is not good. Maybe I missed something in the 2 games I didn't see, but I highly doubt that - and see some evidence that I'm right in the simple fact that Carolina is interested.

I honestly don't see how you wouldn't want that for your team. I also don't see how the DT need has any relevance whatsoever.

I didn't "instantly think" they'd take a WR with a 4th. It was hypothetical based on LL's post. That's my bad for not quoting LL when mentioning it.

draftguru151
10-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Didn't Megatron play in the same offense at Georgia Tech???

Paul Johnson didn't get to GT until after Calvin left.

SuperMcGee
10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Couldn't like us throwing around draft picks, but if we have eyes on the playoffs then we need to keep our offense going. We're hitting a speed bump in that regard with injuries and we need somebody capable of playing opposite Stevie Johnson. Buffalo honestly seems like one of the most mutually beneficial destinations for Lloyd, so long as the basis for the trade isn't regarding his attitude.

FlyingElvis
10-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Couldn't like us throwing around draft picks, but if we have eyes on the playoffs then we need to keep our offense going. We're hitting a speed bump in that regard with injuries and we need somebody capable of playing opposite Stevie Johnson. Buffalo honestly seems like one of the most mutually beneficial destinations for Lloyd, so long as the basis for the trade isn't regarding his attitude.

The Pats fan in me says **** you!

The Lloyd owner in me says **** yes!

MetSox17
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Demaryius Thomas was also drafted before Dez Bryant.

Punisher
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Demaryius Thomas was also drafted before Dez Bryant.

Ugh don't remind me :(

Splat
10-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I know his name and he is on the trade block MY TEAM MUST GET...

Brent
10-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I know his name and he is on the trade block MY TEAM MUST GET...
**** that, I hate Brandon Lloyd.

http://gdfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/lloyd_ducks.gif

that is what Niners fans remember

vidae
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM

That is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I click sarf links in IRC!

MetSox17
10-14-2011, 04:23 PM
meh, i still don't regret that. dez has a lot of talent, but he's a headcase douchebag. so not what we needed at that time.

So one guy has done absolutely nothing for your team aside from collect fat paychecks, while the other has looked like a pro-bowler. I mean i understand supporting the decision at the time, but most people would agree that the whole "headcase" thing was blown out of proportion pre-draft for Dez. Yet, if you had the chance right now to go back in time and take Dez over Thomas, you're saying you still wouldn't?

Rabscuttle
10-14-2011, 05:07 PM
because Lloyd seems like a Harbaugh type of guy......

FUNBUNCHER
10-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Did Brandon Lloyd ever try to explain what was going on in this clip??

I can understand dropping a pass, or going for a pass that wasn't intended for you, or not seeing the football until it was on top of you, but how can you be a pro WR out on a pattern and see a football headed towards your head(!!) and DUCK like it's a live hand grenade???

Such a strange clip. Watching it repeatedly gives me a headache.

MetSox17
10-14-2011, 05:20 PM
i'm saying the achilles tear was sort of a freak, unpredictable accident. but i thought i recalled cowboys fans complaining about dez missing games with "injuries" this season? if i had the chance to go back, knowing that beybey would basically end his career with the tear, i'd probably go the other way. but i think bryant would've been absolutely horrible in our locker room.
So if it weren't for the injury, you'd still want the guy that would need years of development?

As far as the injuries go, yeah, Dez tends to get nicked up quite a bit, but that's more due to his rough playstyle and mentality. He's the anti Wes Welker in that he refuses to go down on initial contact and will squeeze every last yard out of a play. You love that in a guy, but that leads him to take unnecessary punishment. Also, we need to stop having him return punts.

I can understand dropping a pass, or going for a pass that wasn't intended for you, or not seeing the football until it was on top of you, but how can you be a pro WR out on a pattern and see a football headed towards your head(!!) and DUCK like it's a live hand grenade???

My best guess would be that he thought that ball was going to someone else, behind him.

phlysac
10-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Pretty sure he said he thought there was a route being run right behind him.

Lloyd always blamed someone else. He gator-armed a few passes one game and blamed the QB (Cody Pickett) for throwing it "before he finished his route."

Former RB's Fred Beasley and Kevan Barlow ripped Lloyd in the media for his attitude on the field and in the locker room.

Beasley even said "I want to win. I want to get to the playoffs. I guess they care about how much money they can make. It doesn’t matter how long their braids are or how much bling-bling they can wear."

Beasley often criticized young receivers Lloyd and Rashaun Woods, while sticking up for the work-ethic of Terrell Owens.

What a cluster*snap* the Erickson/Nolan era 49ers were.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-14-2011, 05:34 PM
tebow has several receivers to throw to. thomas might actually be healthy, royal's back, decker's our best receiver, and willis is a perfectly serviceable 4th. sadly, none of them of a qb who can throw to them.

Demaryius is healthy? Time to buy some lottery tickets.

phlysac
10-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I was familiar with how much of a headache Brandon Lloyd was as a 49er, but this article about his actions as a Redskin is also very enlightening...

The Troubles With Lloyd

The Redskins use a unique front-office structure with a scouting arm led by vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato and his staff evaluating players, Gibbs and the coaches grading the scouted players and Snyder determining the budget. Director of football administration Eric Schaffer handles the bulk of negotiations although, unlike most other NFL owners, Snyder interacts with agents directly at key moments of the process, according to numerous agents. The group eschews the draft and has shown a preference for building through trades and free agency.

By all measures, the group failed completely last offseason.

Safety Adam Archuleta, a $10 million bust, might be the worst free agent signing in NFL history. Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd completed the least productive season for any starting wide receiver ever (23 catches, 365 yards and 0 touchdowns) and has been a problem on and off the field, players and coaches said. And defensive end Andre Carter played poorly until the team was out of playoff contention in December.

Even wide receiver Antwaan Randle El, considered the best acquisition, had only 32 receptions for 351 yards while carrying a $30 million contract with $10 million guaranteed. He's fourth in the NFC in punt returns.

Cerrato, promoted twice in recent years and now essentially the head of all scouting ventures, has a poor reputation for judging talent, numerous sources said. Several Redskins coaches said they were wary of Cerrato before coming to Washington ("Plenty of people warned me on that one," one coach said) and do not take his talent recommendations highly. Gibbs has continually defended Cerrato's work, saying "I feel sorry" for Cerrato, Snyder and others given the stalled progress of the team.

Snyder is very successful at signing a player the coaches want, but he is criticized for overpaying players. Some of the team's recent free agent signings have struggled mentally with the weight of the lucrative contracts.

Cerrato and Snyder declined to comment, deferring all questions to Gibbs.

And Gibbs, for all the Super Bowl trophies he earned as a coach, has previously worked with a strong general manager.

The acquisition of Lloyd serves as a window into the Redskins' approach. Critics of the trade say it's an example of poor front-office talent evaluation and Gibbs straying from his "core Redskins" principles in search of a quick fix. Lloyd was known to be moody and difficult in San Francisco, but the Redskins traded third- and fourth-round picks for him, then gave him essentially the same contract as Randle El, even though he still had one year left on his contract.

The process for evaluating Lloyd, as with all Redskins acquisitions, began with Cerrato and his staff preparing reports on possible available wide receivers, considered a weak group. Those reports were distributed to coaches along with game film for each to study. The assistant coaches, Cerrato and Gibbs then assigned a grade to each player. Some coaches based their grades only on what they saw on film; others called friends around the league to get their input.

The rankings were discussed at meetings that usually began with Cerrato or Louis Riddick, director of pro personnel, giving a presentation on the players. No. 1 on everyone's list was Indianapolis's Reggie Wayne, but he re-signed quickly with the Colts. Terrell Owens was dismissed for being too volatile. Saunders made it clear he wanted Randle El in the same manner that Gregg Williams, the assistant head coach-defense, had Archuleta and defensive coordinator Greg Blache wanted Carter.

Saunders's vote for Randle El vaulted him to the top of the list of players to be pursued. Also under consideration were Lloyd, Joe Jurevicius and Antonio Bryant among others.

The 49ers had made it clear to all the NFL teams that Lloyd was available but some personnel people around the league wanted no part of him. "Lloyd is a 2, 2 1/2 ," said one general manager, meaning a second wide receiver at best. "Plus, he's a pain in the [rear]."

Redskins coaches said their rankings of Lloyd only took into account what they had seen on game film. They never received from Cerrato or the scouting department any information on Lloyd having a possible attitude problem. "I was asked to evaluate him only as a player, not as a person," one coach said.

One coach said he liked Lloyd's route-running and speed. And all the coaches marveled at his ability to make highlight-reel catches. The conversation ended with the coaches grading Lloyd ahead of Jurevicius and Bryant. The latter two graded higher than Randle El overall but Saunders wanted Randle El for his versatility and Gibbs liked his punt return skills.

With the available players ranked, Gibbs, Cerrato and Snyder met.

"Eventually it's going to come down to Dan and me," Gibbs said of the decision-making process.

Gibbs wanted a burner, more of a straight-ahead deep threat to complement Santana Moss. The decision was made to get Lloyd. Snyder and Schaffer then took over the financial dealings.

Lloyd's representatives made it clear they wanted a lucrative contract extension. They could point to the $30 million extension the Redskins gave Moss in a similar situation a year earlier. The Redskins, however, were under no obligation to do anything because Lloyd had a year left on his contract. The team could have done nothing and severed ties with him at the end of the season with no salary cap ramifications. Instead, Lloyd was given a new contract.

"As far as redoing the deal, when you've got them and you've talked through it, you would like to have a long-term deal, and so that was something that took place," Gibbs said. "You're getting a young, talented guy. Sure, we'd love to have more production than we got this year, but we'll see in the future if what we gave for him is going to be fair."

Only after the trade was Lloyd brought in for an interview and coaches were able to ask him about his reputation as a troublemaker.

While the coaches unilaterally said they have no desire to deal with the salary cap or haggle over trades, they are unhappy about a strategy that essentially overpays players who have no track record of Pro Bowl level success. When so much money is given to new players, it leaves less for others and repeated overspending can create locker room tension.

"The ramifications of that, we all have to deal with," one coach said.

Gibbs said he believes his assistants have ample input in personnel decisions.

"There is no excuse for the coaches," Gibbs said. "Everybody is in the room. They have all the input in the world."

After Lloyd arrived, Saunders immediately was impressed with his willingness to expose his body by leaping vertically, dangerous because defenders can cut a receiver's legs out from under him. But the troubles with Lloyd started in organized team workouts, according to one teammate.

"What I saw is that he's not coachable," the teammate said. "He would go off on [wide receivers coach] Stan Hixon all the time and say, 'Bro, that's not how it's done!' right to his face. And we would kind of laugh, like not because it was really funny, but it was funny in that uncomfortable sense of, 'I can't believe he just said that.' "

As the season progressed, the Redskins began to realize critical, disturbing elements about Lloyd's game: He could make dynamic catches but was not a particularly complete receiver. Lloyd basically ran three routes: the sideline go route, a short slant -- where he was more inclined to drop to the turf instead of turning a short pass play into a big gain -- and the outside curl. He was not comfortable going over the middle, even though a player of his speed could exploit the seams of a defense.

"From the wrists to the fingertips, Brandon is the most gifted wide receiver I've ever seen," Saunders often told his offensive coaches. Like Ladell Betts, Saunders remembered Lloyd from high school in Kansas City.

The rest of the Lloyd package, however, was far from complete. Saunders believed Lloyd to be a legitimate top receiver. He ran routes crisply. He did the dirty work as professionally as the spectacular. At least one coach disagreed, saying Lloyd's problems were more with the plays Saunders called for him.

But not Lloyd. He remained unproductive and ultimately clashed with Gibbs, who benched him after Lloyd threw his helmet in a Dec. 3 game against Atlanta. Perhaps hastened by the incident, but certainly because of his limited route running, Lloyd began losing time at the second receiver spot to Randle El. By mid-December, Lloyd had fallen to the No. 3 receiver.

Even after the benching, Lloyd was problematic. One key exchange occurred Dec. 17 in New Orleans. The go route -- in which a wide receiver makes a quick move at the snap of the ball and sprints straight down the sideline -- was Lloyd's specialty. In the first half, Lloyd beat his man down the sideline and seemed to be wide open for a touchdown pass from Jason Campbell. But he could not locate the ball and it dropped to the turf.

According to a member of the organization who witnessed the exchange, Saunders approached Lloyd at halftime.

"Tough one out there. Those lights are tough," Saunders said.

Lloyd looked at him coldly.

"You're joking, right?" he said.

"No," said Saunders. "It looked like you lost it in the lights."

"What? That ball was 10 yards underthrown," Lloyd said. "Go talk to the quarterback."

To many members of the organization, it was another example of Lloyd's lack of maturity disrupting Saunders's offense.

"From the equipment people on up, he has alienated everyone in this building," said one high-ranking member of the organization. "He needs help at a level that goes beyond what a teammate or a coach can give him."

Some in the organization wonder if he will last more than a season or two here given his swings in attitude. But one prominent assistant said he would be surprised if Gibbs gives up on Lloyd.

"Throwing your helmet and all of that is great and well when you're 9-4, and you're frustrated from losing a game. But when you're 4-9 and make $30 million and you don't have a touchdown, it's a problem," said a teammate. "He's capable of great things, but you've got to be able to see that a guy like that is a front-runner. When everything is great, then he's great. But it's not always going to be great."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/31/AR2006123101079_pf.html

elway=goat
10-16-2011, 12:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7110891/denver-broncos-gauging-interest-eddie-royal-sources-say

Brandon Lloyd, who led the NFL in receiving yards last season, is not the only Denver Broncos wide receiver who's on the trade block.

Eddie Royal also is, and he is generating as much, if not more, interest around the league than Lloyd, league sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Denver began shopping the receivers after each requested a trade, team sources told Schefter. Both are in the final year of their contracts and both are seeking new deals.

Royal has four catches for 51 yards and hasn't played the last two weeks because of injury. Lloyd, who had 1,448 receiving yards last season, leads the Broncos this season with 283 yards on 19 receptions. The Broncos are on their bye week Sunday.

The Denver Post, citing NFL sources, reported last week that the Broncos are seeking a third-, fourth- or fifth-round pick for Lloyd. One of the sources told the Post that the Carolina Panthers and Tennessee Titans were among "three or four" teams that have expressed interest.

Other names being kicked around the league as potential trade candidates as Tuesday's trade deadline approaches are former Indianapolis Colts first-round pick Jerry Hughes and Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Jaqua Parker.

FUNBUNCHER
10-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Good luck Timmy.

I don't know who John Fox or John Elway expect you to throw the ball to.
But maybe that's the point.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd kill to have Eddie Royal in the slot.

LonghornsLegend
10-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd kill to have Eddie Royal in the slot.

Right. I'll never forget his rookie season, he ran some of the better routes I'd seen in a long time for a young player, I think he's still got a ton of talent. If the cost was a 6th I'd be all over it.

Maybe some Broncos fans can enlighten me, because if he's not the same player as he was coming in that could explain his availability, but I think he'd be a very nice option in the slot for a late round pick.

Timbathia
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Right. I'll never forget his rookie season, he ran some of the better routes I'd seen in a long time for a young player, I think he's still got a ton of talent. If the cost was a 6th I'd be all over it.

Maybe some Broncos fans can enlighten me, because if he's not the same player as he was coming in that could explain his availability, but I think he'd be a very nice option in the slot for a late round pick.

Royal struggled in McDaniels offense the first year as he had trouble getting off the jam at the LOS. He then struggled in his second year as McDs offense required him to read the defense and change the route accordingly.

Ness
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM

He's just a terrible receiver. Well, not terrible. But average. Everyone here in the bay area was gung-ho about him when he starting making great catches because we've been spoiled by Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens over the years. But while he would sometimes make highlight real catches, he would drop a lot of the easy ones that hit him in the numbers. That play right there against the Jets sums up his career, which is a letdown to say that least. That one year he had last season was a fluke and I don't expect him to repeat that kind of success no matter where he goes. He'll be 31 (if he isn't already) and I just don't see it happening. I think the thing that really irks me the most is his attitude. He's not a jerk, but he's always apparently had a selfish attitude.

TonyGfortheTD
10-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Good luck Timmy.

I don't know who John Fox or John Elway expect you to throw the ball to.
But maybe that's the point.

He can't throw, so this is a moot point.

Splat
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/17/49ers-showing-strongest-interest-in-brandon-lloyd/

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the 49ers were showing (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19128213) the “strongest interest” in Lloyd, but the Rams and Patriots were also involved in discussions.

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Niners make sense, they are a playoff team and Tedd Ginn is the #2 WR. Lloyd probably won't be putting up monster games but he still improves them by a good margin.

If he's not traded by 5pm today the liklihood of this happening drops considerably. I think Denver wants to handle this quickly if at all.

jrdrylie
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm hearing that Lloyd to St. Louis is pretty much a done deal.

Splat
10-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm hearing that Lloyd to St. Louis is pretty much a done deal.

Brandon Lloyd is being traded to the Rams, according to multiple reports.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/125958825734975491)

jrdrylie
10-17-2011, 10:55 AM
I hate this move for the Rams. Brandon Lloyd is not that good. He can make some crazy catches but he is slow. He is going to want a huge deal after this season. So the Rams basically have two choices. Grossly overpay him this offseason. Or let him go, which amounts to giving up a midround pick for a player during a lost season.

FuzzyGopher
10-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't really get this move unless the Rams gave up a really late pick. Is McDaniels calling the shots or something?

jrdrylie
10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Schefter is reporting the deal is not done yet.

bucfan12
10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
The Rams should have stayed where they're at. At 0-5, Lloyd doesn't really improve there chances of making a run nor will really help Sam Bradford out.
\

Unbiased
10-17-2011, 12:05 PM
The Rams should have stayed where they're at. At 0-5, Lloyd doesn't really improve there chances of making a run nor will really help Sam Bradford out.
\

Yeah, if they don't extend Lloyd's contract right away, it's a waste of a trade.

CT Bronco Fan
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

~

What was the ******* point of trading him if we're getting a 6th rounder in return, I thought McDaniels left Denver, guess not.

ElectricEye
10-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Damn, I was excited when I heard we were in on him this morning. Cutting Chad and picking up Lloyd would have really made us better on that side of the ball. Well, it will be nice to see Bradford throw to a decent receiver at the very least. Don't think you can argue his fit in that offense after last year.

KCJ58
10-17-2011, 12:29 PM
i kinda like the trade, even if we don't sign him next year, & maybe he'll have a bad year then realize next year, that if he stays in St. Louis he would be the #1 WR, as appose if he went somewhere else and be a #2 or 3 guy on a givin team. Hope it's only a 6th round pick in that case it wouldn't be bad since st. louis dont really draft gems past the 5th round

rockio42
10-17-2011, 12:39 PM
YES! If he can produce in a McDaniels system here then I'm beyond happy.

tjsunstein
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Rams got him for pretty cheap. I like the trade a lot for St. Louis.

Punisher
10-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow, this really makes zero sense.

Let's just get rid of Royal and Decker for 6th round picks while were at it and just call Tebow draws on every play!

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, if they don't extend Lloyd's contract right away, it's a waste of a trade.

I felt this way too, until I saw it was for a 6th. Can't argue with that at all, even if they don't extend him. Seems more teams would/should have ponied that price up.

Beano
10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
As a Rams fan I quite like the trade, got a horrible feeling we're going to just put him on the field and take DX off the field though, which will annoy me because DX has been pretty good for us so far (His stats this year are very similar to Lloyd's).

Hopefully we make use of both though, and if Salas can continue the form he showed on Sunday that should be pretty exciting going forward. Just gotta hope the pass protection and play calling improves though, otherwise we're still ******.

Jvig43
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM
They traded him for a sixth rounder? Maybe a fifth? I'm sorry but this was nothing but a move to hurry along the process of Tebow failing.

Babylon
10-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I like the move for St. Louis. They have to somehow stop the bleeding and get Bradford and that offense moving. Unlike the Colts, and probably Miami, there is nothing to be gained by tanking the season. As for the player, he should add to the receiving corps but their problem looks to be more on the offensive line.

marshallb
10-17-2011, 01:31 PM
They traded him for a sixth rounder? Maybe a fifth? I'm sorry but this was nothing but a move to hurry along the process of Tebow failing.

I don't know about that, Lloyd is a free agent after this year and Lloyd is, IIRC, a 31 year old WR on a team that is one of the worst, least talented teams in the league that needs to rebuild. To get something for him has to be considered a plus in some way, shape, or form. Yea, you could say that they would probably get a compensatory pick for him, but I don't know if those rules will stay the same with the new CBA, plus they would have to stay out of the free agency market if they were to get something for him that way.

I don't completely disagree with you, though, as I feel like they sold him a bit cheap as I was expecting a 4th rounder for him.

RaiderNation
10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
The Broncos got what they could, obviously they would have loved to say they got a 3rd or 4th, but teams knew they could get him for cheaper. The Rams look just about out of the playoff race unless things change fast, and adding Lloyd to McDaniels offense should help Bradford.

Ness
10-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Sounds like the Broncos just wanted to get rid of him as quickly as possible.

Da-Phins
10-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Good trade by the Rams. About time they have a WR thats actually worth a damn and can make plays. Didnt have to give up much either.

Timbathia
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
The broncos want to give thomas, decker and royal as much playing time as possible since they are the future in Denver. We will not keep Lloyd next year as not worth paying, so why not trade him now. It is best for everyone. Sure he is worth more than a sixth right now, but the trade still was necessary.

Great move for the rams, as having a receiver that understands what the **** mcdaniels is carrying on about should help their development.

bucfan12
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Broncos are evaluating there young WR core. Thomas is a 1st round pick who is apparently healthy and will return week 7. Probably want to see what he can do.

I wonder how much Josh McDaniels input and begging that brought the Rams front office to pull the trigger on this deal? I still don't get why they made the trade.

ArkyRamsFan
10-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I still don't get why they made the trade.

Huh?...who the Rams or Denver? If it's the Rams I got about a gazillion reasons why they made this deal...

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Huh?...who the Rams or Denver? If it's the Rams I got about a gazillion reasons why they made this deal...

They needed an asshole?

tjsunstein
10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
They needed an asshole?
They needed someone inexpensive on the outside that's a proven threat to help Bradford develop...

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
They needed someone inexpensive on the outside that's a proven threat to help Bradford develop...

nah, my explanation is better.

phlysac
10-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Lloyd still seems to have his head on straight...

Brandon Tierney

I'm hearing that the 49'ers offer for Brandon Lloyd exceeded the Rams offer, but Lloyd was NOT open to a Bay Area return...
http://twitter.com/#!/BrandonTierney

V.I.P
10-17-2011, 07:07 PM
So no more excuses for Sam Bradford?

49erNation85
10-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Dam you Lloyd oh well have fun in St.Louis and you only worth a 5th round pick eh.

ESPN just reported he only getting a 5th or 6th round pick.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Lloyd still seems to have his head on straight...

http://twitter.com/#!/BrandonTierney

Strange that they wanted him. He just isn't a team first guy do anything to help the team win type and would be require to block as much as run routes and block more often than he would be catching the ball. It doesn't seem like something he would want to do or be something coaches should expect him to buy into. He's a much better pass catcher than when he played for the Niners, but he really doesn't fit the mold. It would have been a marriage made in hell.

I'd much rather see one of our safeties tee off on him than have him wear our colours again. Glad he wants it that way too. Somewhat telling that he would rather suck than sacrifice to win.

CC.SD
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Anyone else catch this? Lloyd begged out after Tebow got named the starter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/llyod-trade-tebow-starter-2011-10

sbh15
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
seems like a shrewd business decision by lloyd if you ask me. and i'm a tebow fan boy

Rabscuttle
10-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Anyone else catch this? Lloyd begged out after Tebow got named the starter.

http://www.businessinsider.com/llyod-trade-tebow-starter-2011-10

I bet his porno collection consists solely of footage of him jacking off.

Ness
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Lloyd is not a good NFL receiver. He did have potential, but that seemed to go down the drain a long time time ago. He's bounced around the league so many times. St.Louis should not be expecting a megastar at all. It is good for the Rams though because they have pretty much no one at the wideout position and Lloyd had his best season under McDaniels.

Timbathia
10-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Lloyd is not a good NFL receiver. He did have potential, but that seemed to go down the drain a long time time ago. He's bounced around the league so many times. St.Louis should not be expecting a megastar at all. It is good for the Rams though because they have pretty much no one at the wideout position and Lloyd had his best season under McDaniels.

He might not be a megastar, but to suggest he is not a good NFL receiver is a bit over the top. Dude had almost 1500 yards receiving last year - that is pretty much impossible to do if you arent at least good.

J255979-11nine
10-18-2011, 08:04 PM
He might not be a megastar, but to suggest he is not a good NFL receiver is a bit over the top. Dude had almost 1500 yards receiving last year - that is pretty much impossible to do if you arent at least good.

David Boston?

Ness
10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Eh. There are folks who have had fluke years. David Boston, Peerless Price, etc. I wouldn't necessarily say those guys are "good". I mean Scott Mitchell had one good year in Detroit, that didn't make him good.

Complex
10-18-2011, 10:35 PM
David Boston?

David Boston was good but he fell in love with body building and steriods.

elway=goat
10-18-2011, 11:30 PM
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Rams give up a 6th rounder in 2012 that could become a 5th rounder depending Lloyd's pass receptions

~

What was the ******* point of trading him if we're getting a 6th rounder in return, I thought McDaniels left Denver, guess not.

Xanders is still the GM. How he survived, I have no idea. But it still looks like he is trying to ruin the Broncos.

Timbathia
10-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Eh. There are folks who have had fluke years. David Boston, Peerless Price, etc. I wouldn't necessarily say those guys are "good". I mean Scott Mitchell had one good year in Detroit, that didn't make him good.

Boston hardly had a fluke year. He played well his first three year in the league before his life fell apart.

Lloyd sucked early in his career, but played well last year and has also in limited opportunity this year as well. He has a relatively low completion percentage but that is more due to the routes he runs and the duck-thrower trying to get him the ball. For a year and a half he turns more incompletions in completions than the other way around. Doing it for one game is a fluke, but a season and a half means he is a good receiver.

Caddy
10-19-2011, 12:44 AM
http://fansofmediocrity.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/db2.jpg

nepg
10-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Boston hardly had a fluke year. He played well his first three year in the league before his life fell apart.

Lloyd sucked early in his career, but played well last year and has also in limited opportunity this year as well. He has a relatively low completion percentage but that is more due to the routes he runs and the duck-thrower trying to get him the ball. For a year and a half he turns more incompletions in completions than the other way around. Doing it for one game is a fluke, but a season and a half means he is a good receiver.
Peerless Price wasn't a fluke either! WTF Ness?