PDA

View Full Version : Janoris Jenkins Ejected from Game

MURPHMAN
10-14-2011, 11:51 AM
"North Alabama’s defense suffered a big blow early in the third quarter of Thursday’s game against No. 2 Delta State when senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins was ejected."

"NFL scouts have spent plenty of time at UNA practices this fall and many were on hand for Thursday’s game.
Scouts from the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints were all in attendance Thursday, as well as the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL."

http://www.timesdaily.com/stories/Lions-struggle-without-Jenkins,183217

bucfan12
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
"North Alabama’s defense suffered a big blow early in the third quarter of Thursday’s game against No. 2 Delta State when senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins was ejected."

"NFL scouts have spent plenty of time at UNA practices this fall and many were on hand for Thursday’s game.
Scouts from the Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Chiefs, Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints were all in attendance Thursday, as well as the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL."

It's an ejection, not an off the field problem. I think you should change the name of this thread. It's misleading as "Jenkins at it again" has nothing to do with his past.

I'm a bit disappointed, but let's see what exactly he was ejected for. His coach is even puzzled.

murdamal86
10-14-2011, 12:30 PM
I read somewhere that he "threw a punch"

"It didn’t help that UNA’s best cornerback, Janoris Jenkins, was on the sideline after being ejected for throwing a punch in an end zone scrum after a Delta State touchdown.

That’s not to completely throw all the blame on Jenkins. The game was chippy from the start and each side had more than its share of personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties. He was probably just the guy that got caught."

DeepThreat
10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Not an issue. Unless he pulls a Blount or gets in trouble off the field, I don't care.

tjsunstein
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Just another 'minus' that's going to allow his talent to fall lower than it should.

bam bam
10-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Not an issue. Unless he pulls a Blount or gets in trouble off the field, I don't care.

How is it not an issue when scouts from numerous NFL teams took the time and expense to come see you and you decide to throw a punch? He had to know there is the potential for scouts to be at every game, just as there was potential for him to be drug tested multiple times. This guy is an idiot.

Pat Sims 90
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
He still fits with the Bengals.

niel89
10-15-2011, 03:20 AM

It may take a few years but the Eskimos know where he is eventually going haha

DeepThreat
10-15-2011, 09:34 AM
How is it not an issue when scouts from numerous NFL teams took the time and expense to come see you and you decide to throw a punch? He had to know there is the potential for scouts to be at every game, just as there was potential for him to be drug tested multiple times. This guy is an idiot.

It's something that happens in the heat of the game. It happens in the NFL too, and it doesn't mean those guys are off getting suspended. His on field aggression has never been an issue, so it shouldn't become one now because of one isolated incident.

If this were Vontaze Burfict, the story would be much different.

AntoinCD
10-15-2011, 09:54 AM
He probably wasn't going to go in the first now anyway. When it comes to the second round teams are more willing to take the risk on a guy like him. I still think he goes in the early to mid second round.

I also agree with some that throwing a punch isn't the worst thing in the world.

DeepThreat
10-15-2011, 11:28 AM
He probably wasn't going to go in the first now anyway. When it comes to the second round teams are more willing to take the risk on a guy like him. I still think he goes in the early to mid second round.

I also agree with some that throwing a punch isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think he still goes in the 1st. Guys with much worse rap sheets have.

AntoinCD
10-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I think he still goes in the 1st. Guys with much worse rap sheets have.

I actually just did a mock draft with him at the end of the first but I had a run on CBs. He is probably going to need 4 or 5 to go early to get in the 1st

Rabscuttle
10-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Just mad at some JV scrub hurting his draft stock - it happens.

DeepThreat
10-15-2011, 04:48 PM
I actually just did a mock draft with him at the end of the first but I had a run on CBs. He is probably going to need 4 or 5 to go early to get in the 1st

Meh, I think someone will take the chance. A legitimate argument could be made for him being the best or second best corner in the draft.

Smooth Criminal
10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I dont think thats gonna get him taken off any teams board. I'd still love him to make it to the Steelers pick.