PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MLBs/ILBs and teams that need them

JBCX
10-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Vontaze Burfict, Manti Te'o, Luke Kuechly, Donta Hightower.

All four of these players have the potential to be marquee MLBs (or 3-4 ILBs) in the NFL.

Teams looking to groom replacements for aging hall-of-famer MLBs/ILBs already on their roster (Ravens, Bears) and teams looking to upgrade mediocre MLBs starting on their teams only by default (Eagles, Giants) would be best served to take a long, hard look at some of these MLBs in the first round of the 2012 draft.

Which of these four (Burfict, Te'o, Hightower, Kuechly) fit those four teams (Eagles, Giants, Ravens, Bears) the best?

Will any of those four teams pick one of these MLB prospects in the first round? Are there other teams that would match these prospects better?

TheWall
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Really looking forward to hearing some responses. As a big time Ravens fan I am a big advocate of giving Ray a replacement to groom if he is still around next year (I assume he will be if we don't win it all).

Giantsfan1080
10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Kuechly is the best fit for the Giants. We need someone to clean up in the run game plus he has the obvious BC connection.

SickwithIt1010
10-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Any of the above would make me happy in the pants in philly.

I have been loving the idea of Kuechly, because even without the freakish athleticism he is like Laurenitis in the sense that he is ALWAYS around the ball. Leading the country in tackles for the 2nd straight year.

tjsunstein
10-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Vontaze Burfict to Cleveland.
Luke Kuechly to NYG.
Manti Te'o to Detroit.

No idea where Hightower goes, don't have a gut feeling for him. Think he'll be a bust anyway.

Hines
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
The Steelers need one. I like Stevenson Sylvester's potential, but we need a stud thumper in the middle to replace Farrior.

JBCX
10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Vontaze Burfict to Cleveland.
Luke Kuechly to NYG.
Manti Te'o to Detroit.

No idea where Hightower goes, don't have a gut feeling for him. Think he'll be a bust anyway.

Detroit already has Stephen Tulloch who is playing on a Pro Bowl level. I think they'll lock him up long-term as he is still pretty young.

None of these guys to Philly? They need a MLB badly.

tjsunstein
10-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Detroit already has Stephen Tulloch who is playing on a Pro Bowl level. I think they'll lock him up long-term as he is still pretty young.

None of these guys to Philly? They need a MLB badly.
All of these guys are first round talents. Philly doesn't draft LBs in the first round, but if they were to, I'd put my money on Te'o.

keylime_5
10-14-2011, 03:10 PM
If Detroit can resign Tulloch and Cleveland can resign Jackson then those teams won't be drafting MLBs I don't believe.

I like Kuechly to New York or Philly. Burfict seems made for the Ravens. Dont'a Hightower would look good in Baltimore as well. Manti T'eo I like in San Diego or Kansas City's defenses.

TheFinisher
10-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Kuechly seems like he's tailor made for the 4-3 and would be perfect for the Giants.

CashmoneyDrew
10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Titans will probably be in the market.

AntoinCD
10-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm in love with the idea of Te'o playing SAM for the Pats

vidae
10-14-2011, 04:38 PM
If the Chiefs somehow miss out on a franchise QB prospect I'd love for us to take a long look at Taze. He's a great compliment to DJ in our 3-4.

rawdawg
10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I hope the Bears don't take a LB in the 1st round. I think Urlacher's demise is completely overexaggerated. The perception is that Urlacher is an injury risk, but he has only missed games in 2 of his 12 seasons. And the injury in 2009 was a dislocated wrist. So, he hasn't had any injuries to his legs since 2004. He's in great shape. Still playing at a high level (not quite 5 years ago level, but still top 5 MLB in the game). He's 3 full years younger than Ray Lewis. I just don't see the Bears need to groom a replacement for Urlacher being so dire that they have to draft a guy in the 1st round this year. In fact, the need for a LB at all is pretty overblown. If you get rid of Briggs for wanting more money (I wouldn't pay him another dime if I'm the Bears), then maybe you go LB in the first 2 rounds. But if he's around, that's 2 of the 3 LBs spots filled. The Bears do need a SLB, but they probably play nickel more than any team in the NFL. And when you consider the Bears may play 10% base D in 1/4 of their games (Packers, Lions) due to the greatness of their pass offenses and ineptness of their running games (other than 2 runs by Best on Monday)...the need for a LB is overstated a lot.

Sorry for the rant....but as for these 4 LBs. I like all 4 guys, but I don't know that any of them are ideal for the Bears scheme. Kuechly may be a step slow. Don't know if he has that sideline-to-sideline ability. I think Hightower is strictly a 3-4 guy, who you don't want in a whole lot of space. I think Te'o is a thumper, but not sure about his ability to get depth in the cover 2 zone, though he appears to have the athletic ability. Seems smart enough and physically capable, but hasn't had to do it at ND. Burflict has the athleticism, but I worry about his ability and willing to lead a defense and stay interested when asked to drop into coverage.

I'd rather the Bears wait a round (or 2) and take a look at guys like Lavonte David, Travis Lewis, James-Michael Johnson, Keenan Robinson or Nigel Bradham. I think a couple of those guys can move to MLB if necessary in the future and all look like they could be 3-down LBs at the next level.

thegreatone
10-14-2011, 11:43 PM
I would love to see Baltimore finally address the ILB position.

They haven't given any effort since losing Bart Scott.

Flaming Mo
10-15-2011, 03:19 AM
I would love for the Jets to get Burfict as a replacement for Bart Scott. Little nagging injuries are happening more often with him and he is getting up there in age. Burfict is the kind of violent, nasty LB who would fit well next to the more quiet, soft spoken David Harris.