PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

Razor
10-15-2011, 08:01 AM
What's the inside scoop on this guy? Can he play OLB in a 3-4? He's only a junior, but if he declares where would he go? He already has 8.5 sacks this year which on paper at least is pretty impressive. Anyone?

jVBOcYWvYy8&feature=related

TheSlinger
10-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Solid name.

ChiFan24
10-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Probably best as a 3-4 backer at the moment. Really athletic but undersized, natural pass rusher.....that whole thing.

bigbenn
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM
What's the inside scoop on this guy? Can he play OLB in a 3-4? He's only a junior, but if he declares where would he go? He already has 8.5 sacks this year which on paper at least is pretty impressive. Anyone?

jVBOcYWvYy8&feature=related

He can definitely play OLB in a 3-4. I think if he keeps this pace up and declares, he's looking at 2nd round at least but he's going to run a 4.55-4.6 at 265 pounds and his stock will REALLY shoot up. I personally hope he stays so he can get 1st round buzz next year.

keylime_5
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I noticed Illinois' defense played a scheme similar to what the Colts do with their defensive ends where they sell out to rush the passer a lot even on running downs. Towards the end of the game yesterday they were playing more read and react of course (Ohio State only threw 4 passes in the whole game) but their scheme is very beneficial to the DEs. Just an observation. That said he is having a great year none the less and he has an awesome last name.

ToldLikeItIs
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
I like this kid.

Illinois has done a good job developing DL as of late.

Mercilus reminds me of Jason Babin.