10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
This doesn't need its own thread.

/end thread.

Complex
10-16-2011, 05:05 PM
War Schwartz

niel89
10-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Harbaugh was over excited and he didn't handle himself like he should have. Schwartz should have just walked away. Both of them look bad coming out of this.

Team Harbaugh :D

abaddon41_80
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Pretty good summation of what happened

http://i54.tinypic.com/21kbewh.jpg

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
You can't run, Harbaugh.

http://cantrunjuggernaut.ytmnd.com/

tjsunstein
10-16-2011, 05:27 PM
It'd be a lot cooler if they were in the same division.

phlysac
10-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Doesn't help Schwartz get any apathy from me considering how he came across during his pregame interview.

"They deferred because their offense doesn't want to be on the field with this crowd."

shylo3716
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't see what the fuss is all about on Harbaugh's behalf. No one said anything about Schwartz when he was overexcited after every victory this season. They're both 5-1 I would be happy too, hell I put any amount of money on it that if Schwartz went 6-0 it would have been the same type of celebration.

FUNBUNCHER
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM
I hope they meet in the playoffs.

TheBoyWonder22
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I'd like to know exactly what Harbaugh said. I don't think the coin toss is a big deal and pending what Jimmy said, it probably wasn't a big deal either.

phlysac
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
To me... NFL Network played it in slow motion... and it looked like Harbaugh said "Good game" or "Good F'n game"... and that was it.

phlysac
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Jim Harbaugh's post-game presser...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8232d977/49ers-postgame-press-conference

niel89
10-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I could see him saying 'Good ******* game' Harbaugh was pumped at that point and he needs to control himself better. He didn't mean to come off as offensive but it is.

tjsunstein
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I hope they meet in the playoffs.
It's weird to think that this is actually a possibility.

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Jim Harbaugh's post-game presser...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8232d977/49ers-postgame-press-conference

Haha, too strong a handshake. I wanna know what he said that gave Schwartz the http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/3/b9987d35-269b-432f-903e-8d394ecd8e6d.jpg face.

Vikes99ej
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Schwartz is just buttmad because they lost

TitanHope
10-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Jim Harbaugh needs to know his place, and change his first name as you gotta be a warrior to be named Jim.

TEAM SCHWARTZ!

djp
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
They're both jokes. Schwartz is the biggest douchebag on the sideline. Harbaugh doesn't seem to be much different. Was Harbaugh out of line? Yes. But the way Schwartz berates officials and taunts opposing players, he's had it coming for awhile now.

bucfan12
10-16-2011, 07:04 PM
There was nothing wrong with that post game handshake.

Schwartz just showed his unsportsmanship there. Losses happen in this league. No sour grapes, Bill Bellichik Jr.

nepg
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Pretty good summation of what happened

http://i54.tinypic.com/21kbewh.jpg
I can't wait for that Jim Schwartz face to be turned into a meme.

ChiFan24
10-16-2011, 07:10 PM
This doesn't need its own thread.

/end thread.

Well it's one of the most interesting things that's happened this season. So I would have to disagree.

Giantsfan1080
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm Team Harbaugh. He's all I want in an NFL coach.

abaddon41_80
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
I can't wait for that Jim Schwartz face to be turned into a meme.

The funnier part is that Anthony Davis' face isn't photoshopped

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
You notice Bear and Viking fans are the main people who have something negative to say about Schwartz? He does a punching motion after he wins, so what. Dude's a Hoss, and he ain't taking no ****, from some punk ass, soft, bird chest ass ***** Harbuagh.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2009/10/harbaugh-schwartz-fight-club.jpg

You think Harbaugh ready for that ****, hell naw. I'd run away too If I was Harbuagh. He don't know that my ***** Schwartz got the chopper ready for his ass after the game, he don't know that my ***** carry the tool, finna split his wig, make street spaghetti!!! Harbaugh talking all that good ****, and almost got his ass killed. Don't provoke, or get your team smoked. Schwartz got the burner.............................*****.

This is just jokes, besides for the first line about the Bears & Viking fans. Anybody who's shocked and appalled by the sheer ignorance of my post can suck my black hairy ass, and floss with those same hairs that rest upon it. On a very serious note, The 9ers are a good team, and will only get better in the next few years once they start drafting Harbuagh's players (I.E. QB).

49ersfan_87
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Doesn't help Schwartz get any apathy from me considering how he came across during his pregame interview.

"They deferred because their offense doesn't want to be on the field with this crowd."

I heard that too. Then there's this from Kevin Seifert

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/32752/jim-schwartzs-passion-approaches-lunacy

Schwartz said "there's a protocol in this league," implying that Harbaugh violated some unwritten rule of postgame sportsmanship. It's rich, to say the least, that Schwartz would be offended after a season of his exuberant fist pumps, cursing at officials and taunting opposing players. Those instances were fun and representative of the Lions' newfound passion, but this one violated protocol? Hmmmm.

I've heard of the other stuff, but when did Schwartz curse at an official? Regardless, Harbaugh should have handled himself better but Schwartz let his emotions get the best of him and came out looking really stupid.

descendency
10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
At least neither is Todd Haley.

bucfan12
10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
They're both douchebags. End of discussion.

nepg
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kcB0P.png

rough mspaint job.

Rabscuttle
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Someone should do a confused Suh meme. (I take this back if it turns out he has a concussion)

Rabscuttle
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
lmao at Eisen saying the post game between the Harbaughs on Thanksgiving should be more cordial. Their father may have to come down and separate them.

eeth
10-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Lol nice, Eisen is a pretty funny guy.

monson
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Why did schwartz go for two?

soybean
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Dude harbaugh is a scumbag. No one bought it when he did this against SC at stanford cause well, no one outside of USC fans like USC.

BloodBrother
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Schwartz had it coming. Now he knows how annoying he looks on the sidelines with his antics

in the end though, both these guys are douches

WMD
10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
I think Schwartz overreacted.. I like seeing enthusiasm from coaches, but obviously Schwartz wasn't in the mood for a bro handshake after a loss like that. When you're pissed and stressed out like I'm sure he was, all it takes is something little to set you off, and it looks like whatever Harbaugh did set him off.

But who cares about that.. COACH FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTT

Brent
10-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Dude harbaugh is a scumbag. No one bought it when he did this against SC at stanford cause well, no one outside of USC fans like USC.
How is he a scumbag?

shylo3716
10-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Glad to see Rodney Harrison thinks the same way I do on Schwartz

eeth
10-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I like what Bob Costas said about these two coaches being very similar. Although this may be a little Lions fanboyism coming out, I think it's slightly different between Schwartz's fist pumps on the sideline Vs. Harbough's celebration while walking towards Schwartz.

soybean
10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
How is he a scumbag?

He did the same thing basically he did at Stanford to Carroll that he did to schwartz today.

Then when they beat us with that one year where they were 41 pt dogs, after they won he stood on the field taunting the SC players yelling "look them run!"

Etc.

Trust me, even harbaugh fans would admit this guy is a scumbag.

EDIT: oh well, I'm at least happy that Chip Kelly > Harbaugh. I like Kelly.

Rabscuttle
10-16-2011, 09:39 PM
He did the same thing basically he did at Stanford to Carroll that he did to schwartz today.

Then when they beat us with that one year where they were 41 pt dogs, after they won he stood on the field taunting the SC players yelling "look them run!"

Etc.

Trust me, even harbaugh fans would admit this guy is a scumbag.

EDIT: oh well, I'm at least happy that Chip Kelly > Harbaugh. I like Kelly.

that puts some perspective on the weight your opinion should carry on this subject.

niel89
10-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say that Harbaugh is a scumbag. Very abrasive, but scumbag is a little much.

Ness
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Glad to see Rodney Harrison thinks the same way I do on Schwartz

What did he say?

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
He's not a "scumbag", just a punk. He pisses off people, ask the folks in Ann Harbor, they hate that dude. He's a good coach (runs in the fam obviously). His brother is the cool non-douche version of him.

EricCartmann
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
No one would have known anything if Schwartz did not make a big deal of this.

hawkeye123
10-16-2011, 11:00 PM
He's not a "scumbag", just a punk. He pisses off people, ask the folks in Ann Harbor, they hate that dude. He's a good coach (runs in the fam obviously). His brother is the cool non-douche version of him.

Why do they hate him? Cause he didn't take the head coaching job at UM?

tjsunstein
10-16-2011, 11:04 PM
A lot of unwarranted hate for both of these guys. Who cares if they celebrate? They coached their way to the right to. This should be a non story. But of course, a fine will probably come out of it.

TheBoyWonder22
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Someone should do a confused Suh meme. (I take this back if it turns out he has a concussion)
I hope you meant a Suh chapstick meme.

Ness
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
According to Matt Maiocco, he felt that Jim Schwartz may have really wanted to win this game because a few years ago he was interviewed for the 49ers job and he may have had a real shot at it, but it went to Mike Nolan. So now Jim Schwartz probably wanted to stick it to the 49ers. And at one point during the game when Jim Harbaugh got a penalty for challenging a scoring play, Schwartz was on the sideline sneering and gesturing something along the lines of "know the rules Harbaugh!".

So I don't know if that's true or not, but perhaps Schwartz just couldn't handle losing today and his emotions got the best of him.

J-Mike88
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm not going to rip on either guy here, but I have to admit, it was very entertaining.
Harbaugh a bit over-the-top there certainly, and perhaps out of protocol.
But let's be real here, so was Schwartz a bunch of times in the first 3 weeks for the Lions. It happens in these heated games.

Now all we need is 2 cheerleaders to go at it after a game like this.

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Why do they hate him? Cause he didn't take the head coaching job at UM?

Actually, for Harbaugh it was the other way around.

You knew Lloyd Carr wasn’t happy about Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh’s comments about Michigan’s practices concerning student-athletes. Carr made that clear to Jim Carty during his Carr’s Wash for Mott Children’s Hospital. What we didn’t know is exactly what Carr said on the matter. The specifics don’t matter now as Carr unloaded on Jimmy this morning. Check it out, as reported by Mark Schlabach of ESPN.com:

On Wednesday morning, Carr called Harbaugh’s comments “elitist” and “arrogant.”

“Do I think they’re elitist? Yeah,” Carr said, during an interview at the Big Ten Conference Kickoff. “Arrogant? Yes. Self-serving? Yes.”

Coach Carr lashing out at Harbaugh is one thing, but the most vocal blasts came from Mike Hart, who must’ve got the Burton tower clearance from Schembechler Hall to fire away:

“That’s a guy I have no respect for,” Hart said. “You graduate from the University of Michigan, and you’re going to talk about your school like that, a great university like we have? To say that we’re not true student-athletes? I don’t know if maybe he wants to coach here and he’s mad because he didn’t get a job.”

Hart also questioned Harbaugh’s decision to accept Michigan transfer Jason Forcier, the Wolverines’ backup quarterback last season. Forcier left after starter Chad Henne returned for his senior season, and highly regarded freshman Ryan Mallett enrolled early.

“He says we don’t have great student-athletes, but he just accepted one of our transfers,” Hart said. “What kind of sense does that make? Obviously, he wants guys like us at his school. I don’t know how he can say that. He’s not a Michigan man. I wish he’d never played here.”

Ouch! Some strong words right there.

TitanHope
10-16-2011, 11:18 PM
In regards to Seifert's ESPN article...

Schwartz did his fist bump a few yards from his own sideline. Not in the opposing coach's face.

When did he taunt opposing players?

And everyone yells and cusses at the refs. Well, except for Jim Caldwell, but that's only because he hasn't had his software updated yet.

Ness
10-16-2011, 11:21 PM
In regards to Seifert's ESPN article...

Schwartz did his fist bump a few yards from his own sideline. Not in the opposing coach's face.

When did he taunt opposing players?

And everyone yells and cusses at the refs. Well, except for Jim Caldwell, but that's only because he hasn't had his software updated yet.

The hell? When did Harbaugh fist pump in an opposing coach's face?

BRAVEHEART
10-16-2011, 11:30 PM

I think he meant to say Schwartz was going to fist pump Harbaugh's face.

BigBanger
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I really can't stand Harbaugh. He's annoying and acts like an immature little punk. How do you run off the field lifting your shirt up and jumping around like a jackass after a win in October? You beat the Lions in October. Big ******* deal.

This is why I still can't take the 49ers seriously. Their defense is pretty damn good, but holy ****... this was their Super Bowl. And that's pathetic. That was Josh McDaniels type **** right there and there has not been a coach I've ever hated more than him.

I like Schwartz and I don't think he did anything wrong here, but he pushes the limits with his antics on the sideline at the same time. People complaining about him swearing at the referees though? Seriously? What coach doesn't? I'd rather see that then watch Lovie Smith or Jim Caldwell just stare at them and them say, "Hey... Ref... Hey..." and then walk away.

Ness
10-16-2011, 11:43 PM
I really can't stand Harbaugh. He's annoying and acts like an immature little punk. How do you run off the field lifting your shirt up and jumping around like a jackass after a win in October? You beat the Lions in October. Big ******* deal.

This is why I still can't take the 49ers seriously. Their defense is pretty damn good, but holy ****... this was their Super Bowl. And that's pathetic. That was Josh McDaniels type **** right there and there has not been a coach I've ever hated more than him.

I like Schwartz and I don't think he did anything wrong here, but he pushes the limits with his antics on the sideline at the same time. People complaining about him swearing at the referees though? Seriously? What coach doesn't? I'd rather see that then watch Lovie Smith or Jim Caldwell just stare at them and them say, "Hey... Ref... Hey..." and then walk away.

It's cool. Keep doubting the 49ers. They've made people like you look foolish every week.

TitanHope
10-16-2011, 11:44 PM

People are knocking Jim Schwartz for complaining about Harbaugh's handshake because he's shown over the top emotion in the past, and they're using that fist pump after the Vikings win as an example. This is it:

7spmrTbg7eo

The difference between the two is that Harbaugh's lack of composure followed him all the way to midfield in the postgame handshake. Schwartz's lack of composure occured as the clock turned 0:00 and he was only a few yards from his own team's sideline.

So the claims that he has no right to claim a protocol breach since he has his own antics aren't valid. At least while this example is used. These are two different instances at very different times. Had Schwartz kept his celebrating going and fist pumped a few times in front of Leslie Frazier, then it'd be a legitimate comparison, which is what I was saying. I was not accusing Harbaugh, or anyone else for that matter, of fist pumping in an opposing coach's face. It was a hypothetical.

I gotta say. I'm surprised I had to explain that...

Ness
10-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Well I don't get the complaints against Harbaugh period. Schwartz is really being a baby. Harbaugh can't celebrate a huge win? What the ****? He's not shoving it in Schwartz's face. I don't get the problem here. He didn't even look at Schwartz. Harbaugh isn't here to make friends.

mellojello
10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8232f3fe/Did-Harbaugh-cross-the-line

Irvin, once again, tells it the way it is and is on the money. He is 10x's smarter than Mariucci and must be wondering how he's on tv with this clown, but that's a different topic.

Ness
10-16-2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d8232f3fe/Did-Harbaugh-cross-the-line

Irvin, once again, tells it the way it is and is on the money. He is 10x's smarter than Mariucci and must be wondering how he's on tv with this clown, but that's a different topic.

LOL okay we're going to listen to Michael Irvin now? Yeah because he was a jolly good saint during his career. The guy is just a 49er-hater. I can't believe Irvin is trying to talk about "upholding the dignity of the game". There is no evidence that there was malice involved.

soybean
10-16-2011, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say that Harbaugh is a scumbag. Very abrasive, but scumbag is a little much.

you're right. i think the right word would be d***.

scumbag should be reserved for urban meyer, nick saban, Les Miles and a handful of other SEC coaches.

yo123
10-16-2011, 11:59 PM
But never Pac 12 coaches right?

soybean
10-17-2011, 12:04 AM
But never Pac 12 coaches right?

to the level of urban meyer and nick saban? really?

yodabear
10-17-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm on team Harbaugh. Quite frankly, I don't see how over celebrating isn't more of a problem. This was a big win. U gotta be excited man. I'm so sick of this notion u gotta be a ******* robot to win in the NFL as a head coach. Schwartz, sure, not to this extent, has done his own fair share too. But its an emotional game, and quite frankly I think a lot of us if we were NFL coaches with a good team who just had a great, tough win like this, would react this way.

FUNBUNCHER
10-17-2011, 12:14 AM
This was a big game for both teams and their HCs. Harbaugh and Schwartz are trying to build a team culture in SF and Detroit and that starts with being passionate and emotionally invested in every single game your team plays.

Harbaugh had that same 'I-don't-give-a-****' attitude when his Cardinal team played Va Tech last year, and Stanford played like it.
They were tougher, more physical, 'more thug' than the Hokies.
It wasn't disrespect. IMO it was more about stepping up to the challenge.

Coming all the way across the country and grinding out a win against one of the NFL's undefeated youngbloods with game-changers littered on both sides of the football for Detroit was critical for the 49ers.

SF is nearly a lock to take the NFCW and the Lions are on their way to locking up one of the NFC's wildcard slots.

Jim Harbaugh may come across a little obnoxious at times, but who really wouldn't want him to coach their football team??

IMO the NFL is better when the 49ers are good, and I would love to see these squads mix it up in Round 2 during the playoffs, this time on SF's home turf.

Unfortunately I think the Lions were getting used to sleepwalking through the first half of games and expecting that something fortuitous would happen in the 4th quarter.

For a bunch of guys who've never won anything, I believe this loss happened at just the right time for the Lions. Detroit has a ton of talent, but being talented alone doesn't make you a winner.

I hope Coach Schwartz and the entire Lions squad believes that Jim Harbaugh 'disrespected' them.

soybean
10-17-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm on team Harbaugh. Quite frankly, I don't see how over celebrating isn't more of a problem. This was a big win. U gotta be excited man. I'm so sick of this notion u gotta be a ******* robot to win in the NFL as a head coach. Schwartz, sure, not to this extent, has done his own fair share too. But its an emotional game, and quite frankly I think a lot of us if we were NFL coaches with a good team who just had a great, tough win like this, would react this way.

well, i liken this situation to this one:

SHOvOSvfByE

it's not so much being excited about the win but more so rubbing it in the other person's face that you beat him.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Schwartz is the douche in this situation. As a coach you gotta be a prick to be successful anymore and that is something that Harbaugh has to him. The man is one of the/if not the best football coaches in the country regardless of division right now. He isnt in this business to make friends.

The 9ers are ******* 5-1 right now, that is a pretty big deal considering how bad they have been over the last decade or so. This was the biggest game they have played in for a long time and the got the W. I would be pretty stoked too. He gave a fist pump for cryin out loud, but hes a douche because he did it too close to the hand shake? Gimme a break Schwartz.

niel89
10-17-2011, 12:34 AM

scumbag should be reserved for urban meyer, nick saban, Les Miles and a handful of other SEC coaches.

Yeah. D*** is more along the right lines. When I watched his post game conference he just came off as such a prick. I thought the hand shake comment sounded alright on paper, but live it just oozed with sarcasm and arrogance. He is an *******, but I consider him my asshole.

Ewww Saban. I think he is a great coach and knows how to win, but that guy is slimy. Such a used car salesman.

mellojello
10-17-2011, 12:36 AM
I know people that are 49er fans, so I'm happy for them that their team is finally winning now. Harbaugh though, is sort of a jerk, always has been. Sure, I'd rather be a winning jerk than a polite loser, but I don't think you have to be a jerk to be a winner and that's the issue to me. With that being said, if Harbaugh needs to rub others the wrong way as motivation for himself and his team, so be it.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah. D*** is more along the right lines. When I watched his post game conference he just came off as such a prick. I thought the hand shake comment sounded alright on paper, but live it just oozed with sarcasm and arrogance. He is an *******, but I consider him my asshole.

Ewww Saban. I think he is a great coach and knows how to win, but that guy is slimy. Such a used car salesman.

All SEC coaches are slime balls.

TACKLE
10-17-2011, 01:22 AM
just my interpretation of what happened...

harbs was too excited and kinda push schwartz aside in the handshake.

schwartz said "what the ****"

harbs then said "**** you"

yadi yadi yada...we know the rest.

binary
10-17-2011, 01:37 AM
There's video of Schwartz being a douche during the game and talking ish to Harbaugh from the opposite sideline, he also said the niners deferred after the cointoss b/c they were scared. This is on Schwartz, he dished it but couldn't take losing.

CashmoneyDrew
All SEC coaches are slime balls.

Ironic coming from an SC fan.

SickwithIt1010
Ironic coming from an SC fan.

Are they not?

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Are they not?

I think the ones in the west are. The ones in the east are more 'tools' than 'slimeballs'. I just find it interesting that of all the people to be talking about slimeball coaches in other conferences, a USC fan would do it.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 01:45 AM
I think the ones in the west are. The ones in the east are more 'tools' than 'slimeballs'. I just find it interesting that of all the people to be talking about slimeball coaches in other conferences, a USC fan would do it.

Did I ever say anything about our coaches NOT being slimeballs?

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 01:49 AM
Did I ever say anything about our coaches NOT being slimeballs?

I'm not sure I understand the over-defensiveness of me pointing out the irony of your comment.

nikkayeah
10-17-2011, 01:51 AM

lifting up his shirt? you mean the simple untucking of his shirt that he does at the end of every game?

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 01:58 AM
I'm not sure I understand the over-defensiveness of me pointing out the irony of your comment. I didn't accuse you of an agenda or anything. Sheez.

No I just thought it was funny that after I poked at the SEC as a whole you had to come at me with something about USC.

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 02:02 AM
No I just thought it was funny that after I poked at the SEC as a whole you had to come at me with something about USC.

Here's the sequence of events.

Guy calls Saban a slimeball. You proceed to throw in 11 more coaches to the mix. I call you out for throwing in a bunch of new coaches (half of which aren't 'slimeballs') but neglecting to even mention your dirtbag coach. You get your panties in a bunch and can't see how some might think you're trying to push some type of silly 'My conference is more moral than yours' agenda?

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 02:09 AM
Here's the sequence of events.

Guy calls Saban a slimeball. You proceed to throw in 11 more coaches to the mix. I call you out for throwing in a bunch of new coaches (half of which aren't 'slimeballs') but neglecting to even mention your dirtbag coach. You get your panties in a bunch and can't see how some might think you're trying to push some type of silly 'My conference is more moral than yours' agenda?

The SEC is notorious for over recruiting and dropping guys from scholarships year in and year out. They are slime balls. The SEC is dirty, plain and simple...didnt say SC wasnt, but we werent talking about SC.

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 02:13 AM
The SEC is notorious for over recruiting and dropping guys from scholarships year in and year out. They are slime balls. The SEC is dirty, plain and simple...didnt say SC wasnt, but we werent talking about SC.

And nobody was talking about SEC coaching as a whole but you didn't have a problem putting in your two cents for that, so I'm not seeing that point all too well.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 02:15 AM

And nobody was talking about SEC coaching as a whole but you didn't have a problem putting in your two cents for that, so I'm not seeing that point all too well.

Oh we werent?

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Oh we werent?

You didn't even originally quote Soybean. You quoted a post that specifically referenced Nick Saban and then proceeded to throw in an entire conference of coaches in direct response to the Nick Saban quip.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 02:22 AM
You didn't even originally quote Soybean. You quoted a post that specifically referenced Nick Saban and then proceeded to throw in an entire conference of coaches in direct response to the Nick Saban quip.

Oh wowzers! Im sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Ill make sure to quote the everybody thats a part of the conversation so you and the rest of the SEC dont get too offended next time.

Ness
10-17-2011, 02:26 AM
There's video of Schwartz being a douche during the game and talking ish to Harbaugh from the opposite sideline, he also said the niners deferred after the cointoss b/c they were scared. This is on Schwartz, he dished it but couldn't take losing.

Yeah but no one wants to talk about Schwartz being a jerk during the actual game and his jeering attitude.

Borat
10-17-2011, 02:27 AM
LOL okay we're going to listen to Michael Irvin now? Yeah because he was a jolly good saint during his career. The guy is just a 49er-hater. I can't believe Irvin is trying to talk about "upholding the dignity of the game". There is no evidence that there was malice involved.

Mike Irvin is talking about upholding the dignity of the game? Wow. Just. Wow.

This is the same crackhead Mike Irvin right?

TitanHope
10-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Drew. It's 3 AM. Stop arguing with trolls over the internet and go to bed.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 02:32 AM

Good one man!

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 02:33 AM
Oh wowzers! Im sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

Ill make sure to quote the everybody thats a part of the conversation so you and the rest of the SEC dont get too offended next time.

A) I was never offended. I hate all of the other Sec schools and coaches way more than you or any other pac12 fan ever could.
B) All I was ever trying to point out was that you should probably leave the 'dirty' trash talk to fans of schools that arent on multi-year post season ban probations and reduction of double digit scholarships. Not to mention the fact that y'all have one of the top scumbag coaches in the game right now.

CashmoneyDrew
10-17-2011, 02:34 AM

I live by two rules. One, they ain't ready. Two, they gotsta know.

SickwithIt1010
10-17-2011, 02:36 AM
A) I was never offended. I hate all of the other Sec schools and coaches way more than you or any other pac12 fan ever could.
B) All I was ever trying to point out was that you should probably leave the 'dirty' trash talk to fans of schools that arent on multi-year post season ban probations and reduction of double digit scholarships. Not to mention the fact that y'all have one of the top scumbag coaches in the game right now.

Never said we didnt. Kiffen is a slime ball.

But if the NCAA really wanted too, they could bang a lot of the SEC boys.

With that being said, Harbaugh is a prick...and he put it on my boys at SC while he was at stanford...but I still like him.

Scotty D
10-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Harbaugh was prancing around taking his shirt off and couldn't bring himself to shake hands like he's an NFL coach.

Ness
10-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Harbaugh was prancing around taking his shirt off and couldn't bring himself to shake hands like he's an NFL coach.

But he did shake hands. What are you talking about? It was a hyped up handshake, but so what?

And Harbaugh untucked his shirt a little bit and did a chest bump with one of his players. He didn't "take off his shirt".

Way to exaggerate the truth.

Verloren
10-17-2011, 03:40 AM

After every game, Harbaugh untucks his shirt so signify "Work's over." That's where the cameras got a shot of Costanzo's stomach as he was reminding Harbaugh to untuck the shirt after the Eagles game.

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/funny-sports-pictures-blake-constanzo-uh-oh-pee.jpg

"It's kind of, throughout the week, it's business time," Costanzo said. "We're practicing. We're getting ready for things. He tells us, 'When we win, we can untuck our shirts.' And he forgot to do it. And I just helped him out with it a little bit."

From the Sacbee
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/10/notes-dobbs-williams-competing-for-role-on-sundays.html

Thecollegedropout
10-17-2011, 04:17 AM
People may hate Rex Ryan for whatever reasons I don't know(Probably the place he plays for since alot of people are Anti-NY these days when it comes to sports) but he at least will honor the code of conduct as a head coach and will shake a coach's hand, be respectful etc.

Harbaugh like Rex has changed the attitude of his team....the 49ers were a loser menatlity team for years and Harbaugh's cockiness and brashness has fed his team off to a 5-1 start. Rex Ryan led the Jets to a 4-0 start in 2009 in year 1 and has had pretty good results in the 2 postseasons he has coached.

I can kind of feel 49ers fans in this case in that a new innovative head coach has changed the mindset of a team and organization. Schwartz while he has had far less wins with him, has the same kind of mindset in that he wants to change a losing franchise with the "Woe is me" concept and have them believe and to be hungry each game.

Remember though...it can go 2 ways. Harbaugh can be the next Rex Ryan or he can turn into Josh McDaniels 2.0, back when McDaniels could do no wrong and had the Broncos flying in his 1st year with a 5-0 record, trumping New England at home. McDaniels let his ego get the best of him however, which was one of his downfalls in Denver. Have to hope if you are a 49er fan that the same doesn't happen with Harbaugh.

Caulibflower
10-17-2011, 04:18 AM
After every game, Harbaugh untucks his shirt so signify "Work's over." That's where the cameras got a shot of Costanzo's stomach as he was reminding Harbaugh to untuck the shirt after the Eagles game.

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/funny-sports-pictures-blake-constanzo-uh-oh-pee.jpg

From the Sacbee
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/10/notes-dobbs-williams-competing-for-role-on-sundays.html

Uh... looks like Costanzo couldn't hold it.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-17-2011, 04:40 AM

From the Sacbee

Did Costanzo piss his pants?

prock
10-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Well I don't get the complaints against Harbaugh period. Schwartz is really being a baby. Harbaugh can't celebrate a huge win? What the ****? He's not shoving it in Schwartz's face. I don't get the problem here. He didn't even look at Schwartz. Harbaugh isn't here to make friends.

Of course you can't, you're a 9ers fan and there is no way you can look at this from a neutral perspective. Yes, Schwartz is a douche bag and overreacted. But Harbaugh was very unprofessional. You don't run out and celebrate in the opposing coaches face and give him a bro five after a tough loss. I'd be ******* pissed too. They both look like ******* assholes in this.

abaddon41_80
10-17-2011, 06:51 AM
NFL.com tells the story in pictures

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f55a_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f563_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f576_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f594_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f59c_gallery_600.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/2011/09000d5d8232f5a2_gallery_600.jpg

nepg
10-17-2011, 06:56 AM
I LOVE SCHWARTZ FACE!

Face of the Year!

VernonLawson89
10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu214/pdawgg/crybaby.jpg

nepg
10-17-2011, 08:05 AM
http://i.minus.com/io7wcaDQZ5wSG.gif

nepg
10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DgBXE.png

nepg
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
I think my second-favorite part of this is the mullet guy breaking it up.

J-Mike88
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
That"S AWESOME>
I agree with Seifert's take on this:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/32752/jim-schwartzs-passion-approaches-lunacy

Saints-Tigers
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
What a bunch of whiners. Whole lotta mad around here.

VernonLawson89
10-17-2011, 11:16 AM
What a bunch of whiners. Whole lotta mad around here.

Only person that's mad is Jim Schwartz

Saints-Tigers
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Only person that's mad is Jim Schwartz

Bull, lol, look how many in this thread are crying about both coaches.

TheMorningZoo
10-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Ahahah soo goood!

I am a Harbaugh fan in general, have nothing against Schwartz... But the guy looks like a whiney ***** in those pictures on pg. 4. Guy just needs to suck it up and move on.

soybean
10-17-2011, 01:09 PM
If it's any consolation... if any of these coaches were to throw down, I would probably take Jim Harbaugh over anyone else in the league... except maybe John Harbaugh, that would just be a toss up.

And mayyyyybe Tomlin too, but thats cause he's black and probably naturally buff.

Bulldogs
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
If it's any consolation... if any of these coaches were to throw down, I would probably take Jim Harbaugh over anyone else in the league... except maybe John Harbaugh, that would just be a toss up.

And mayyyyybe Tomlin too, but thats cause he's black and probably naturally buff.

Only because Samurai Mike isn't around anymore.

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Loll.this is my favorite thread of the year so far..

Now I just need to photoshop Schwartz face with a "U MAD?" caption.

yodabear
10-17-2011, 01:46 PM

That is so awesome. U must spread reputation around before give nepg more. DARN!

Ness
10-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Remember though...it can go 2 ways. Harbaugh can be the next Rex Ryan or he can turn into Josh McDaniels 2.0, back when McDaniels could do no wrong and had the Broncos flying in his 1st year with a 5-0 record, trumping New England at home. McDaniels let his ego get the best of him however, which was one of his downfalls in Denver. Have to hope if you are a 49er fan that the same doesn't happen with Harbaugh.

I doubt this happens. McDaniels was a young coach that didn't nearly have the experience that Harbaugh does. Not to mention he was given absolute control of everything including GM duties. That isn't the case here. Harbaugh isn't in over his head.

Giantsfan1080
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
How's Anthony Davis been playing?

Ness
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Of course you can't, you're a 9ers fan and there is no way you can look at this from a neutral perspective. Yes, Schwartz is a douche bag and overreacted. But Harbaugh was very unprofessional. You don't run out and celebrate in the opposing coaches face and give him a bro five after a tough loss. I'd be ******* pissed too. They both look like ******* assholes in this.

Right, because it's impossible to put your fanhood aside and not be bias. Give me a break. You'll have to do better than that. So you're going to try and start a fight with someone because they are happy they won the game? Harbaugh barely looked at him. It was a hard handshake, but there was no malice involved at all. And Schwartz kind of deserved it after what he did earlier in the game when Harbaugh was penalized for challenging a scoring play. Why don't we talk about that hmmm?

Ness
10-17-2011, 01:53 PM

Average. He didn't let anyone get around him against the Lions if I recall. He had a nice game I guess. But overall just average. Still has false starts sometimes which starts to remind me of Kwame Harris.

Da-Phins
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
The whole thing is hilarious. Wonder how jealous Todd Haley was for not being in the middle of that?

soybean
10-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Right, because it's impossible to put your fanhood aside and not be bias. Give me a break. You'll have to do better than that. So you're going to try and start a fight with someone because they are happy they won the game? Harbaugh barely looked at him. It was a hard handshake, but there was no malice involved at all. And Schwartz kind of deserved it after what he did earlier in the game when Harbaugh was penalized for challenging a scoring play. Why don't we talk about that hmmm?

but when does the "happiness" end? you can still be happy you won, and be professional during the handshake. Hell, you can even fake the handshake.

that's in terms of etiquette.

In terms of entertainment, i wish things like this would happen more often.

Ness
10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
but when does the "happiness" end? you can still be happy you won, and be professional during the handshake. Hell, you can even fake the handshake.

that's in terms of etiquette.

In terms of entertainment, i wish things like this would happen more often.

That gives you the right to potentially physically harm them? Schwartz should have taken the moral high ground and let it go. He would have looked a lot better coming out of this. If Schwartz managed to get to Harbaugh and tried pushing him or actually start a fight, we would be hearing all over the media about how much of a jerk Schwartz is. And let's not forget that Schwartz hasn't be a saint during his tenure as coach either. He does talk a fair amount of smack about other opponents say they're tougher than this or that, and even during this game his gestures on the sideline went a little overboard.

CJSchneider
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/1031/slideshow_103124/display_image.jpg

Come at me, bro!

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/836144/92960_49ers_Lions_Football_medium.jpg

Look at the score, PWND!!!!!

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2079581/129390268_extra_large.jpg

This isn't over!!!!!!

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/836171/92959_49ers_Lions_Football_medium.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

Ness
10-17-2011, 03:11 PM
--Coach Jim Harbaugh was cited for unsportsmanlike conduct for tossing a challenge flag to dispute Brandon Pettigrew's 9-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter.

TV replays showed Detroit coach Jim Schwartz yelling across the field at Harbaugh. He appeared to say, "Know the rules, Harbaugh" -- with, perhaps, a little colorful language thrown in there, as well.

Harbaugh claimed after the game -- and after his little post-game shake-and-shove with Schwartz -- that he did know the rule. But he threw the flag anyway in hopes it would buy time for the mandatory replay review to alert Carey to take a look at the play.

The 49ers were penalized 15 yards, and Carey never reviewed the play.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-notes-Not-a-smooth-day-for-refs-in?blockID=578688&feedID=2800

PackerLegend
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I cant believe so much got made out of this..... Schwartz, ok he shook your hand or patted you on the back too hard. Get the **** over it. Chasing him down makes you look like a soreloser.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-notes-Not-a-smooth-day-for-refs-in?blockID=578688&feedID=2800

He was trying to help him out. I mean, after I saw him challenge the crabtree catch, I knew he didn't know the rules.

The fan-boy in me believes that schWARtz can do no wrong

seriously.

prock
10-17-2011, 03:41 PM

Ha ok. Well I didn't even watch the whole game, I don't care that much that I am willing to be mad butt hurt. Harbaugh was not innocent in that situation, it wasn't professional. Obviously Schwartz overreacted but Harbaugh was out of line too. If you have a different opinion, that's fine but there is no way you aren't being biased about this.

descendency
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Just curious... was I the only one who was rooting for a fight?

VernonLawson89
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
This is what Schwartz told Jim Harbaugh during the lockout, according to his brother John...

"We were having dinner the other night and Jim Schwartz told him basically there's no way you're going to be able to get it done [if the lockout lasts into the summer]," John Harbaugh said. "He told him there's no way you're going to be able to accomplish what you need to accomplish in two weeks if this thing lasts a while."Jim just kind of bit his tongue, which is what you've got to do in this situation. Because there's nothing you can do about it.

IN YOUR FACE SCHWARTZ!

soybean
10-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I cant believe so much got made out of this..... Schwartz, ok he shook your hand or patted you on the back too hard. Get the **** over it. Chasing him down makes you look like a soreloser.

this is Harbaugh's account of what happened.

according to schwartz Harbaugh yelled an obscentity at him.

Too bad we'll never know the full (true) story.

CC.SD
10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Schwartz comes off like a total doofus here. Very funny situation.

Ness
10-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Ha ok. Well I didn't even watch the whole game, I don't care that much that I am willing to be mad butt hurt. Harbaugh was not innocent in that situation, it wasn't professional. Obviously Schwartz overreacted but Harbaugh was out of line too. If you have a different opinion, that's fine but there is no way you aren't being biased about this.

Well you can believe what you want. Think about this. If Schwartz doesn't chase after Harbaugh are we even having this discussion? Were folks on the edge of their seat when Harbaugh was approaching midfield jumping up and down thinking some altercation was imminent?

soybean
10-17-2011, 03:51 PM

no matter how much we come off as moral high guard... im pretty sure every single one of us deep down inside would have wanted to have seen this happen.

prock
10-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Well you can believe what you want. Think about this. If Schwartz doesn't chase after Harbaugh are we even having this discussion? Were folks on the edge of their seat when Harbaugh was approaching midfield jumping up and down thinking some altercation was imminent?

Just because something isn't top headline news doesn't make it professinal, so it doesn't matter if it would have gotten coverage, it still would have been a dick move. You're so heated about such a little thing lol

Ness
10-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Just because something isn't top headline news doesn't make it professinal, so it doesn't matter if it would have gotten coverage, it still would have been a dick move. You're so heated about such a little thing lol

Even if it didn't get as much attention if Schwartz doesn't chase down Harbaugh. I'm saying if Schwartz just walked away with no expression his face would people still be saying Harbaugh overreacted? I'm just saying I don't think it would have been the case. Since Schwartz did chase him down people are looking back as to what the apparent motive was. Which brings more light on Harbaugh. I'm sure there have been similar things that have happened before in the NFL with a coach approaching midfield jumping up and down and then shaking the hand of another NFL coach, yet nothing came of it because there was no chase sequence at the end.

Am I heated? I'm not mad personally. Honestly I'm not. I'm just trying to point out what I feel is right and wrong about the situation based on what was shown.

In stark contrast I will say that what Harbaugh did during the USC/Stanford game was a little uncalled for.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 04:05 PM

No, I wanted to see fist flying.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Still gets confused counting to five, but beat the living **** out of Avril yesterday.

PackerLegend
10-17-2011, 04:24 PM

was that whole... "i shook his hand to hard" thing in the press conference actually Harbaugh just making a joke of it/him.

nepg
10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
was that whole... "i shook his hand to hard" thing in the press conference actually Harbaugh just making a joke of it/him.
Yeah. Harbaugh was making a joke of it, and it seemed like he was taking a jab at Schwartz to boot. Hilarious.

Brent
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
This isn't over!
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/files/2011/10/lionsschwartz.jpg
I would have gotten away with it too, if weren't for you meddling kids!

Ness
10-17-2011, 05:02 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/files/2011/10/lionsschwartz.jpg
I would have gotten away with it too, if weren't for you meddling kids!

LOL nice. That's hilarious.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 05:29 PM
So Schwartz talks **** to Harbaugh at his kitchen table about how he wouldn't be able to get the job done, then talked **** all game, then gets so badly outschemed that he loses to a team that couldn't get out if its own way.... Damn right he was angry, and it was showing on the sideline before any of this ever happened. He was a time bomb and Harbaugh lit the fuse when he gutted his ego with a claymore.

Perhaps Harbaugh was over the top with the handshake. Was it intentional? Probably not, it occurred a moment after an exchange with his fellow celebrants. Was it deserved, **** yeah. That and more. Schwartz has been a jackass all season to coaches, officials, players and as mentioned and glossed over by his apologists to Harbaugh himself.

Now, would anyone other than Rodney Harrison take a pat on the back as a call to go get your Glocks? Doubtful, unless you are Schwartz, who just had to eat a supersized **** sandwich. Schwartz just had his confidence rocked to the core and had to bite back like the omega he is. People referring to him as one of two alphas have this all wrong. He was desparate to try to save face and he failed. Spin it how you need, he knows Harbaugh is better than him and it rankles him that a former player of his passed him so quickly.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Still gets confused counting to five, but beat the living **** out of Avril yesterday.

Or at least that's what He said on Twitter. He should just be happy when he's not committing a false start.

soybean
10-17-2011, 06:02 PM
During the incident TED ROBINSON the 49ers commentator even said he doesn't blame Schwartz for acting the way he did. Implying that harbaugh shouldn't have acted how he did.

take that for what it's worth

sbh15
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
harbaugh and his antics are slowly turning me into a closet 49ers fan...

that's probably not the best way to describe how i feel about a team from san francisco :/

abaddon41_80
10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
The bottom line is that Harbaugh may have been a little over-excited, though given Schwartz's smack talk before and during the game plus his well-known excessive celebrations maybe not, but nothing he did gave Schwartz the right or reason to act the we he did.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Or at least that's what He said on Twitter. He should just be happy when he's not committing a false start.

Twitter nothing, Avril didn't come out of that looking so good. I believe I properly credited him with his profiency for the false start.

TitanHope
10-17-2011, 06:45 PM

Pshhhhh, Mike Munchak and Jack Del Rio would break the Super Harbs Bros. into pieces! Tag team style!

Xiomera
10-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Good read on the subject:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/6718/coach-fight-2011-defending-detroit-lions-coach-jim-schwartz-american-hero

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Twitter nothing, Avril didn't come out of that looking so good. I believe I properly credited him with his profiency for the false start.

Yeah, and you said he "beat the living ****" out of Avril. Really, with his one pancake, bravo. That's like me saying Cliff Avril had Anthony Davis scared all game because of the false start he caused.

If you said Aldon Smith owned Jeff Backus for the majority of the game, i'd agree with that (because, well that's true). But Anthony Davis beating the **** of Cliff Avril, that's pure exaggeration.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Pshhhhh, Mike Munchak and Jack Del Rio would break the Super Harbs Bros. into pieces! Tag team style!

I bet Del Rio is one tough SoB.

49erNation85
10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Wow I just can't believe this topic is still alive.let it die people .

phlysac
10-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Loll.this is my favorite thread of the year so far..

Now I just need to photoshop Schwartz face with a "U MAD?" caption.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8193/harbaughschwartz.jpg

phlysac
10-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Sequence of events...

1. Schwartz tells Harbaugh that he won't be able to succeed because of the Lockout.
2. Schwartz tells the viewers that that the 49ers deferred kickoff because they were afraid of the defense and crowd noise.
3. Schwartz screams across the field "Know the F'n rules, Harbaugh!"

I probably would've rubbed it in Scwartz's face, if I was Harbaugh, as well.

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, and you said he "beat the living ****" out of Avril. Really, with his one pancake, bravo. That's like me saying Cliff Avril had Anthony Davis scared all game because of the false start he caused.

If you said Aldon Smith owned Jeff Backus for the majority of the game, i'd agree with that (because, well that's true). But Anthony Davis beating the **** of Cliff Avril, that's pure exaggeration.

The pancake is nothing, just one of those weird stats so o-linemen have a stat. He's a mauler and would be scary as hell as a guard where guys would have to get into him. He plays nasty and Avril wasn't able to stay away from him yesterday. (Pretty hard with Davis' head starts) Not sure why Davis false starts so much, he has really fast feet for a big man. I'm sure his coaches would like an answer to that as well.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 07:26 PM
The pancake is nothing, just one of those weird stats so o-linemen have a stat. He's a mauler and would be scary as hell as a guard where guys would have to get into him. He plays nasty and Avril wasn't able to stay away from him yesterday. (Pretty hard with Davis' head starts) Not sure why Davis false starts so much, he has really fast feet for a big man. I'm sure his coaches would like an answer to that as well.

Cliff Avril is a one trick pony, and if you don't get a jump on him, he'll beat you with that one trick. As for Anthony Davis and his false start problems, usually means he's afraid of being beat (IMO).

Rabscuttle
10-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Cliff Avril is a one trick pony, and if you don't get a jump on him, he'll beat you with that one trick. As for Anthony Davis and his false start problems, usually means he's afraid of being beat (IMO).

Watch how fast his feet are. They are really fast, I think he might just be a ******. One huge mean ****** that can't remember a snap count. Pisses me off.

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Wow I just can't believe this topic is still alive.let it die people .

Take your panties off. I like how your trying your hardest to make people not talk about something that is the most interesting story this week. U mad too?

49erNation85
10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Take your panties off. I like how your trying your hardest to make people not talk about something that is the most interesting story this week. U mad too?

No I am not mad at all.This is not even a good / descent story Media just took it way out of proportion IMO.Nothing happen just because one got mad or upset at another big deal.This isn't hockey.But really it is not the greatest story.Sean Peyton injury is more of a story then this.

ChiFan24
10-17-2011, 08:32 PM
No I am not mad at all.This is not even a good / descent story Media just took it way out of proportion IMO.Nothing happen just because one got mad or upset at another big deal.This isn't hockey.But really it is not the greatest story.Sean Peyton injury is more of a story then this.

And of course you're not biased in any way.

LonghornsLegend
10-17-2011, 08:34 PM

If it's not a big deal why are you going out of your way to try and get people to not talk about it? Since when does that have to happen for a story not interesting? If it's not interesting to people it would have had 4 post and moved on, but obviously it is, get over it.

Verloren
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM

A report somewhere indicated that Harbaugh said "Good ****ing game" as he shook Schwartz's hand. Dunno if Schwartz only heard the middle part of it.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/1902897/88202_Lions_Browns_Football.jpg

I'm gonna try to keep this thread alive. Takes away a lil from San Fran's win.

mellojello
10-17-2011, 10:12 PM
harbaugh and his antics are slowly turning me into a closet 49ers fan...

Me too, but I've been watching the Lions with interest since last year too.

For those who are siding with Harbaugh, they probably don't know his history in the Pac 10, like running up the score on SC for no good reason just to stick it to them. That may give some a better reason for liking him, but that didin't happen much in the conference, nor by SC even during their dominant run.

I don't mind Harbaugh sticking it to Schwartz, but I also don't mind Schwartz saying f that and not letting it slide either.

Brent
10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
they probably don't know his history in the Pac 10, like running up the score on SC for no good reason just to stick it to them.
You do know that margin of victory plays a role in BCS?

mellojello
10-17-2011, 10:38 PM
You do know that margin of victory plays a role in BCS?I'm pretty sure Harbaugh was just trying to stick it to Pete and it's his right to do that, but it's part of Harbaugh's history for better or worse.

sbh15
10-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't mind Harbaugh sticking it to Schwartz, but I also don't mind Schwartz saying f that and not letting it slide either.

this is precisely how i feel. any further debate about who is right or wrong is just stupid. it was a funny clash between two coaches. certainly newsworthy, but all i see is 49ers fans saying schwartz had it coming while lions fans and their bandwagon of pole jockeys say harbaugh is a classless douche

soybean
10-17-2011, 11:50 PM
There's a majority of you guys who say Schwartz was an idiot for going after Harbaugh and that he should have just let it slide.

Well let me ask you, if you think someone punked you (whether you're right or wrong) wouldn't you want to get yours in too?

You can also take it a step further, if someone took a swing at you, would you try to reason with the guy or fight back.

No one wants to go to bed thinking what they could have said or what they should have done.

stl9erfan
10-18-2011, 03:09 AM
Me too, but I've been watching the Lions with interest since last year too.

For those who are siding with Harbaugh, they probably don't know his history in the Pac 10, like running up the score on SC for no good reason just to stick it to them. That may give some a better reason for liking him, but that didin't happen much in the conference, nor by SC even during their dominant run.

Of course I am biased as both a Stanford fan and a 49er fan, but since when do you need a good reason to run up the score on USC? They were guilty of that themselves a time or two under Pete Carroll, and suddenly Pete gets all upset the first time it happens to him?

Both Jims handled the situation yesterday poorly. Shockingly, the kind of people who succeed as football coaches are often highly competitive personalities who can be real pricks in the heat of battle. I mean, I can't believe it. Next you're going to tell me that bankers like earning money or something. Or that most doctors did well at science classes in school. Harbaugh was too excited, then Schwartz went and escalated things. They both need to work on flipping that gameday competitive switch off again. That's it. That's the story.

prock
10-18-2011, 03:55 AM
The same people in this thread saying Schwartz should have taken the high road are also saying that Harbaugh wasn't out of line because Schwartz had it coming.

So Schwartz needs to take the high road but Harbaugh doesn't have to? The double standard here is pretty funny, especially because it is coming entirely from 49ers fans. They are both assholes in this situation.

Ness
10-18-2011, 04:25 AM
The same people in this thread saying Schwartz should have taken the high road are also saying that Harbaugh wasn't out of line because Schwartz had it coming.

So Schwartz needs to take the high road but Harbaugh doesn't have to? The double standard here is pretty funny, especially because it is coming entirely from 49ers fans. They are both assholes in this situation.

What high road would Harbaugh have to take? He's already on rock bottom by doing the jumping up and down, but Schwartz went below that because he wanted to intentionally harm another person because of some misunderstanding.

prock
10-18-2011, 06:11 AM
I would have probably wanted to fight him too after that. You are pissed off and upset after a close heart-breaking loss, and the opposing coach who is supposed to be professional comes jumping up to you, pulling his shirt out, and yelling. Obviously he overreacted, but I would have wanted to fight him too. Obviously I wouldn't have chased after him because I'm not a lunatic like Schwartz (hell of a coach though), but Harbaugh's actions would have ignited some anger in most people put in a similar situation.

So to answer your question, Harbaugh could have taken the high road by being professional, regardless of whether or not Schwartz had it coming. It's just hypocritical to say Schwartz should have taken the high road but Harbaugh didn't do anything out of line.

abaddon41_80
10-18-2011, 06:47 AM

I may be biased but I don't think Harbaugh did anything wrong, anyway. A rough handshake and pat on the back? Totally out of line.

Ness
10-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I would have probably wanted to fight him too after that. You are pissed off and upset after a close heart-breaking loss, and the opposing coach who is supposed to be professional comes jumping up to you, pulling his shirt out, and yelling. Obviously he overreacted, but I would have wanted to fight him too. Obviously I wouldn't have chased after him because I'm not a lunatic like Schwartz (hell of a coach though), but Harbaugh's actions would have ignited some anger in most people put in a similar situation.

So to answer your question, Harbaugh could have taken the high road by being professional, regardless of whether or not Schwartz had it coming. It's just hypocritical to say Schwartz should have taken the high road but Harbaugh didn't do anything out of line.

Regardless how you or anyone else feels about Harbaugh, Schwartz made himself look worse by chasing after Harbaugh. That is what my point is. In essence, he came out not only losing the game, but losing face as well.

But like I said, if Schwartz doesn't chase after Harbaugh, the media isn't jumping over this. It only became an issue when Schwartz chased him down. No one in America was on the edge of their seat thinking something bad was going to happen when Harbaugh approached Schwartz in that manner. It wasn't until the instant that Schwartz had that expression on his face that people thought something was wrong.

Leon Sandcastle
10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
LOL! Schwartz has been fist pumping his ass off all year. I love this.

I can't wait till they meet in the playoffs.

soybean
10-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I may be biased but I don't think Harbaugh did anything wrong, anyway. A rough handshake and pat on the back? Totally out of line.

What about the cussing?

yodabear
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
What about the cussing?

**** that bull ****. If thats Schwartz's excuse, he a hypocrite. Cursing is part of the game. Schwartz cusses whenever there is an incompletion. He curses sometimes when his team actually made a good play. IDK what, but there is defntly some kind of bad blood between these two cuz I doubt an F bomb is all that set Schwartz off.

brat316
10-18-2011, 01:22 PM
hey guys, moaaar pictures now.

VernonLawson89
10-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Let me make this quick...

1. Schwartz (during the lockout) tells Harbaugh there's no way he'll succeed this season.

2. The 49ers deffered on the coin toss, Schwartz then says the 49ers Offense was scared of the crowd noise.

3. Schwartz was clownin Harbs after that Crabtree challenge.. "Know the rules Harbaugh!"

Payback is a B***H!

Move on...

Rabscuttle
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
What about the cussing?

hmmm, to sig quote or not......

soybean
10-18-2011, 02:14 PM
hmmm, to sig quote or not......

im just sayin... according to schwartz, that was what bothered him. he didn't mention the handshake or the pat.

jrdrylie
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
im just sayin... according to schwartz, that was what bothered him. he didn't mention the handshake or the pat.

From what I saw in the video, Harbaugh gave him the handshake and pat on the back. Then Schwartz got mad about it. Then Harbaugh said something (probably an obscenity).

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Not gonna lie, it never gets old seeing the guy run up looking like Danny Devito with a jerry curl going "whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa". For a minute I thought he was gonna go Jeff Van Gundy and wrap around Schwartz ankle.

CashmoneyDrew
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Not gonna lie, it never gets old seeing the guy run up looking like Danny Devito with a jerry curl going "whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa". For a minute I thought he was gonna go Jeff Van Gundy and wrap around Schwartz ankle.

That's my favorite part as well.

Ness
10-18-2011, 08:43 PM

I thought I was the only one that found that part funny. LOL what is the guy going to do seriously?

mellojello
10-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Of course I am biased as both a Stanford fan and a 49er fan, but since when do you need a good reason to run up the score on USC? They were guilty of that themselves a time or two under Pete Carroll, and suddenly Pete gets all upset the first time it happens to him?

First of all, congrats being both a Stanford & 49er fan...I know both programs suffered a lot before the arrival of Harbaugh, so that's pretty sweet for you.

As far as Pete running up the score, I just never saw that much. When they were putting up 70 point on Auburn & destroying teams week in, week out, I saw Pete clear the benches quite a bit midway through the 3rd quarter, on occasion, a bit earlier even. That was almost their M/O for many years. I don't think this is necessairly specific to Pete either. When you've really reached an "elite" level, you don't need to run the score up.

If Harbaugh & Schwarz hate eachother, I actually think there's something great about that. In contrast, the NBA has become a total watered down joke because teams no longer play with the same emotion or hatred they used to. I feel like I'm watching ballet or coeregraphed dance and might as well watch a show in Vegas. Kobe Bryant, say what you want about him, but during the regular season especially, he is one of the only guys actually "playing" out there. The NBA is a total joke. Ultimately, I don't want to watch robots, so I really have no problem with what either coach did and in fact, I'm totally ok with it.

wogitalia
10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
This still humours me, Schwartz just looks so incredibly ridiculous throughout the whole thing, maybe because you see hand shakes after every game but you never see the guy who lost chasing him down trying to chest bump him, Schwartz always looks pretty funny as he is an odd looking dude but he just looked like some kind of comic book character in this.

One of the funniest overreaction moments you will see.

stl9erfan
10-19-2011, 01:28 AM
First of all, congrats being both a Stanford & 49er fan...I know both programs suffered a lot before the arrival of Harbaugh, so that's pretty sweet for you.

As far as Pete running up the score, I just never saw that much. When they were putting up 70 point on Auburn & destroying teams week in, week out, I saw Pete clear the benches quite a bit midway through the 3rd quarter, on occasion, a bit earlier even. That was almost their M/O for many years. I don't think this is necessairly specific to Pete either. When you've really reached an "elite" level, you don't need to run the score up.

Thanks for the congratulations. Not gonna lie-- my life as a football fan has been pretty sweet this year :)

As for USC running up the score under Carroll, I did a quick Google search and found this:

http://usc.ocregister.com/2009/11/16/usc-football-heres-the-deal-a-brief-history-of-running-it-up-in-the-pac-10/25061/

Maybe it's overstating it to say Pete Carroll had it coming when Harbaugh went for two. But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it was certainly hypocritical of Carroll to make a scene of it after the fact.

mellojello
10-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the congratulations. Not gonna lie-- my life as a football fan has been pretty sweet this year :)

As for USC running up the score under Carroll, I did a quick Google search and found this:

http://usc.ocregister.com/2009/11/16/usc-football-heres-the-deal-a-brief-history-of-running-it-up-in-the-pac-10/25061/

Maybe it's overstating it to say Pete Carroll had it coming when Harbaugh went for two. But I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that it was certainly hypocritical of Carroll to make a scene of it after the fact.

Good post and link. In all of these tiffs, there's always two sides to the story. Getting the backstory of Pete running it up on Stanford makes me like Harbaugh a little more, but I don't recall that story circulating much at the time. However, I still don't think that SC "ran up" the score very often in Pete's seven years and I think he was generally a pretty classy coach, at least from what I saw.