PDA

View Full Version : Monster's 2012 Mock Draft

Monster
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
2012 NFL MOCK DRAFT
By Monster

1. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck, QB (Stanford)
It’s no rumor that the Colts want Luck. With Peyton Manning probably done for good, they’ll be looking to replace him with Andrew “Love fest” Luck.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars- Justin Blackmon. WR (OK ST.)
The Jags got a good QB in Blaine Gabbert, they just need to get him some protection and a WR. Blackmon isn’t my top WR, but I think for most he is. If not Blackmon, look for the Jags to take a different WR or lineman with this pick.

3. Miami Dolphins- Robert Griffin, QB (Baylor)
If I was a team in need for a QB, I’d pass on Barkely, and snag Griffin. Griffin may not be Landry Jones or Andrew Luck, but I think Miami could appreciate the excitement and skills he’d bring to the table. He’s a good QB, different than Jones or Luck but in a good way. Along with this pick, Miami needs to get fresh minds at coaching…If you catch my drift.

4. Arizona Cardinals- Matt Kalil, OT (USC)
If Kevin Kolb is the real deal for Arizona, they need to get him better protection.

5. Cincinnati Bengals- Travis Lewis, OLB (Oklahoma)
Bengals defense needs a leader, and Travis Lewis is that guy. The Bengals should consider building up their defense in the first round of the draft with Lewis.

6. St. Louis Rams- Riley Reiff, OT (Iowa)
Sam Bradford might be the most sacked QB in the NFL by the time this season is over. Before their franchise QB gets killed, I’d adivse they get him some protection before finding him a target at WR.

7. Seattle Seahawks- Landry Jones, QB (Oklahoma)
Pete Carrol knows he needs this pick now that Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst have shown that they will never be a legit QB (not that we didn’t know that). Carrol needs to get serious and draft a QB who easily could become a franchise QB.

8. Denver Broncos- Trent Richardson, RB (Alabama)
This would be great pick for Denver. Sure, the Broncos have some other and maybe even more important holes to fill, but Richardson would provide excitement and help to the Broncos offense, especially Tim Tebow, whom with some help could really turn Denver around.

9. Minnesota Vikings- Jonathan Martin, OT (Stanford)
The Vikings need to get smart. They’ve got talent, but they need to make that O-line solid. With Jonathan Martin they can give Adrian Peterson more holes, and protect their QB, whether that be Ponder or someone else.

10. Cleveland Browns- Alshon Jeffery, WR (South Carolina)
Colt McCoy needs help. It’s hard to win games without WRs to catch the ball. Just ask the Rams. If Jeffery is as good as they say, he should have no problem playing pitch and catch with McCoy.

11. Kansas City Chiefs- Quinton Coples, DE (North Carolina)
Kansas City has a lot of holes across the board. Take a solid DE here and snatch Kellen Moore in the second.

12. Carolina Panthers- Michael Floyd, WR (Notre Dame)
They seem to have their guy in Cam Newton. Now the Panthers need to get him another weapon.

13. Cleveland Browns- Luke Kuechly, LB (Boston CollegeC)

14. Oakland Raiders- Courtney Upshaw, ILB (Alabama)
It’s sad to see Al Davis pass away, but with a fresh face running the Raiders, maybe they’ll make a smart move in the NFL draft for once and take Upshaw.

15. San Francisco 49ers- Cordy Glenn, G (Georgia)
If Colin Kapernick is really the answer to their QB problems (not likely), then he is going to need better protection.

16. Dallas Cowboys- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB (Alabama)
I bet the Cowboys are wishing Jones, Luck or Griffin fall to them. I don’t think they’ll dump him this year, but Romo needs to go. But first things first, CB. They need to stop giving up those big plays and Kirkpatrick will compliment Terence Newman.

17. Tennessee Titans- Jeff Fuller, WR (Texas aTm)
I doubt all of these teams will pass on Ryan Broyles, but I’m reserving him for the Patriots. Therefore, the Titans need a WR and I think Jeff Fuller will be that guy. Hassleback needs help, along with Chris Johnson. Next I expect the to draft a book on character issues (and how you can fix them). Seriously.

18. Philadelphia Eagles- Ronnell Lewis, DE (Oklahoma)
Ronnell Lewis is the type of player that will make you look like the Blatimore Ravens or the Pittsburgh Steelers with the way he hits. He’s called the Hammer for a reason and is just one of many hard hitters for Oklahoma. Not to mention he’s quick. The Eagles need that on their defense, and he’d compliment the “Dream Team”.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Janoris Jenkins, CB (North Alabama)
I think Janoris would fit perfectly with the Bucs. Coming from a small school, he’d fit in with the young comeback kids perfectly and add to that Tampa defense.

20. Chicago Bears- Vontaze Burfict, LB, (Arizona State)
Chicago is getting old on defense. Vontaze has been dominant for Arizona
State and could learn a lot from Chicago veterans before taking over as a Defensive leader.

21. Washington Redskins- Matt Barkely, QB (USC)
This Rex Grossman dominence will wear off soon and he’ll go back to sucking. Thus, Shannhan will take a stab at Barkely, and if my gut feeling about the guy is right, It’ll fail miserably.

22. New York Giants- David DeCastro, G (Stanford)
Eli Manning is going to need more protection next year. The Giants aren’t as stout on offense as they’ve been in the past. David DeCastro would be a good gateway to restoring that past success.

23. San Diego Chargers- Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB (West Virginia)
The Chargers have lost their defensive standouts, and Larry English hasn’t done anything. Bruce Irvin will pick up his slack and improve their defense.

24. Buffalo Bills- Zach Brown, OLB (North Carolina)
Their offense still needs some tweaks, but their defense should come first. Zach Brown is one of the best OLBs in the draft and could help make their defense stout. The Bills are starting to look up.
25. New York Jets- Jared Crick, DE/DT (Nebraska)
The Jets are going backwards. Jared Crick could become a QB killer for them and help them take down power house teams like the Patriots or the Baltimore Ravens.

26. Detroit Lions- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB (Florida State)
Brandon Jenkins is the next puzzle piece to getting Detroit to the playoffs, and maybe, just maybe, a Super Bowl. Their defense will be an incredible force to reckon with.

27. Houston Texans- Josh Chapman, NT (Alabama)
This is a no-brainer for Houston. This simple pick will fill a small crack and help push the Texans towards a super bowl, something they’ve had the talent to win for a while now.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers- Kendall Reyes, DE/DT (Connecticut)
Not that they need it, but an extra QB killer on the D-line could really help the Steelers out, and from there shouldn’t have any problems then on considering everyone is healthy and playing like we know they can.

29. New England Patriots- Ryan Broyles, WR (Oklahoma)
Broyles dropping this far might be wishful thinking, or maybe not, but I definitely think he is the best WR in college football right now and would fit perfectly in the Pats system. Tom Brady to Ryan Broyles is a combination that could win super bowls.

30. New England Patriots- Frank Alexander, DE (Oklahoma)
I don’t think a lot of people see Alexander going this high, but the way he’s been playing this season, I think he could be a first round pick by the time the draft comes around. He’s one of the best in college football at pass deflections and is fast and a hard-hitter. Perfect for that Pat D-line.
31. Packers- Cyrus Gray, RB (Texas A&M)
Packers really don’t need much, so I could see them grabbing an Impact player like Gray to add to their offensive poweress.

32. Baltimore Ravens- Michael Brewster, C (Ohio State)
Another team I think is quite solid overall, but with Matt Birk ready to retire soon, they’ll need to have a replacement ready at C.

Probably not perfect and I doubt everyone agrees, but It's my first one and would like to see what everyone thinks. I tried to go with what I think could happen as opposed to what I want.

shylo3716
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Why is Barkley so much of a drop off? He is having a good season especially lobbing it to Woods.

Now ask the Chief fans on the forum that will post on your thread will they pass on Barkley.

redbills
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
love the bills pick

vidae
10-16-2011, 06:26 PM
For the Chiefs: Coples is a bad fit in our 3-4. Give us Barkley instead.

shylo3716
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
For the Chiefs: Coples is a bad fit in our 3-4. Give us Barkley instead.

I had your back on this 1 :D

49erNation85
10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
good 9ers pick.We could use more o linemen ...

Monster
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I was just saying I think they should. I don't like the guy. I guess I should've left my opinion out but just be honest.

Monster
10-16-2011, 06:37 PM
I was just saying I think they should. I don't like Barkely. I guess I should have left my opinion out but just be honest.

Monster
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
agh, sorry for the double post. =/

Robcards
10-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Comments in bold.

3. Miami Dolphins- Robert Griffin, QB (Baylor)

As a Jets fan I would love this, but it's just not happening. First of all, Griffin probably isn't declaring, he has a much better chance of being #1 or #2 QB in 2013, so why declare this year? He's also going to graduate school. AND even if he did declare, Barkley will still be rated higher than him. The pick here is Barkley.

4. Arizona Cardinals- Matt Kalil, OT (USC)
If Kevin Kolb is the real deal for Arizona, they need to get him better protection.

He isn't. But they might wait until 2013 to give up on him and get Bray, Murray, or Griffin.

5. Cincinnati Bengals- Travis Lewis, OLB (Oklahoma)

This is a HUUUUUGE reach. Why do you think he'd be a top 5 pick? He probably won't be a first round pick. If the Bengals picked an OLB it would be Zach Brown, but I think CB is a bigger need so Kirkpatrick or Claiborne make more sense.

6. St. Louis Rams- Riley Reiff, OT (Iowa)

Their offensive line is injured, WR is a bigger need than a LT. Also Jonathan Martin would be better than Reiff.

11. Kansas City Chiefs- Quinton Coples, DE (North Carolina)

An ILB makes more sense here. It's rare for one to go this early, but Burfict, Te'o, Kuechly, and Hightower are some of the best ILB to come out in a while.

12. Carolina Panthers- Michael Floyd, WR (Notre Dame)

Awful pick. WR, TE, and HB are spots the Panthers are solid at. They pick defense first round.

14. Oakland Raiders- Courtney Upshaw, ILB (Alabama)

Upshaw is a 3-4 OLB, so he'd play DE for the Raiders? Not sure what this pick is.

17. Tennessee Titans- Jeff Fuller, WR (Texas aTm)

Fuller will not be a first round pick. His stock drops every week. Tannehill has been throwing to Nwachukwu more.

18. Philadelphia Eagles- Ronnell Lewis, DE (Oklahoma)

Is OU your team? Travis and Ronnell Lewis are not 1st round picks on anyones board. Eagles don't even need his position, MLB is the pick here.

20. Chicago Bears- Vontaze Burfict, LB, (Arizona State)

Urlacher isn't retiring this year. They run a 4-3. Bears need help on the offensive line.

21. Washington Redskins- Matt Barkely, QB (USC)

Good lord 21 what did Barkley do to you to hate on him so hard? Redskins won't make the playoffs like your 21st pick implicates as well.

24. Buffalo Bills- Zach Brown, OLB (North Carolina)

This is getting old. Bills run a 3-4, Zach Brown would play what position exactly for them? Move to ILB? Isn't Hightower still available in your mock at this point?

25. New York Jets- Jared Crick, DE/DT (Nebraska)

Here we go again. Devito and Wilkerson are solid, we don't need Crick. Crick wouldn't drop to 25 also. The Jets draft LG or NT round 1. Alameda Ta'amu is the pick here.

26. Detroit Lions- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB (Florida State)

He's the next puzzle piece to what? Do you predict that the Lions will convert to 3-4 next year? Because Jenkins will be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL. If the Lions draft DE it's Donte Moss from UNC.

27. Houston Texans- Josh Chapman, NT (Alabama)

No brainer? Their defensive line is one of the best parts of their team! WR or OLB make way more sense.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers- Kendall Reyes, DE/DT (Connecticut)

QB killer on the d-line? They run a zone blocking 3-4 scheme where the d-line consists of run stopping DTs that plug holes. Also I don't think Reyes is on the first round radar, not even close. Chapman would make more sense here instead of Houston

29. New England Patriots- Ryan Broyles, WR (Oklahoma)

Dropping this far? I think you mean moving up this far... he's too small to be a #1 receiver in the NFL, I don't see a team drafting a slot receiver round 1.

30. New England Patriots- Frank Alexander, DE (Oklahoma)

1. Way too small to play DE for a 3-4 team, so he'd be an OLB, which wouldn't be a bad pick, except 2. once again you have over valued an OU player, he is projected for 4th-6th rounds. not even remotely close to the 1st round radar.

31. Packers- Cyrus Gray, RB (Texas A&M)

GAH Lamar Miller and Lamichael James are worlds better than Gray. If anything Gray's value is slipping as he is losing carries to Christine Michael every week.

32. Baltimore Ravens- Michael Brewster, C (Ohio State)

Ray Lewis is old and their secondary is still weak. ILB, CB, SS all make a lot more sense than C.

Pat Sims 90
10-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Pretty much the worst Bengals pick i have seen and writeup. Lewis is a massive Reach in the Top 5. The Bengals have found their leader on Defense in Rey Maualuga. If the Bengals go Defense they need to address the Secondary because it is god awful plus the front 7 is not that bad. RB, OL, CB, S are the postions of major need right now. If Richardson is there i doubt the Bengals will pass on him.

Robcards
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
love the bills pick

Did I miss something? Are the Bills switching to a 4-3 next year? What position would he play in their scheme? He's a 230 lb 4.4 OLB, any mock that has him going to a 3-4 team is ludicrous.

FootballGod
10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
If the Bengals go Defense they need to address the Secondary because it is god awful plus the front 7 is not that bad. RB, OL, CB, S are the postions of major need right now. If Richardson is there i doubt the Bengals will pass on him.

Says the fan of the #1 ranked defense. How is the secondary God awful and the front 7 only "not that bad"? What are you smoking?

I do however agree that Richardson is the pick there.

Pat Sims 90
10-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Says the fan of the #1 ranked defense. How is the secondary God awful and the front 7 only "not that bad"? What are you smoking?

I do however agree that Richardson is the pick there.

Nate Clements can't cover and get burned alot watch the Denver Tape. Leon Hall is not a #1 corner he should not be covering best WR out there. Hall has been letting QBs at over 100 QB rating when throwing against him. The Safetys are not playmakers are can't cover TEs or anything on top of that. Morgan Trent has also struggled abunch this year.The Bengals defense is ranked number 1 because they are stout up front against the Run. The Secondary has made all the QB's the Bengals play look like Franchise QBs.

Monster
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeesh Robcards, chill out. It's a mock draft (albeit my first one). None of it is set in stone. Yes, I do dislike Matt Barkely and I do like Oklahoma's draft class. Big deal. My MOCK drafts are just for fun. If it doesn't make sense that is fine. Sorry I don't piss excellence like you do.

phlysac
10-16-2011, 07:27 PM
And once again.... Noone wins the NFC West.

bored of education
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Kellen Moore is not even a top 6 round pick bro.

prock
10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Kind of some terrible picks in there, but Martin to the Vikings is good.

Thecollegedropout
10-17-2011, 06:02 AM
Jets took Wilkerson and Ellis with their 1st 2 picks last year.

With bigger needs at WR, RT, OLB and S(Arguably LG too), we need to go elsewhere, especially in round 1.

Where's Manti Te'o?

Vaylor
10-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Kellen Moore is not even a top 6 round pick bro.

Seriously, why do people actually believe Kellen Moore is an NFL prospect.

nepg
10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Seriously, why do people actually believe Kellen Moore is an NFL prospect.
He's an accurate and efficient passer who can scare defenses with his teeth. If Colt McCoy can have any amount of success in the NFL, Kellen Moore certainly deserves a look.

DiG
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
barkley at 21 would be epic.

Menardo75
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
San Fran picking 15 huh? lol guard is a need but Glen is not a mid first round pick.