PDA

View Full Version : 2012 4-3 NT prospects

nobodyinparticular
10-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Who are the guys out there that can play the John Henderson role in a 4-3 defense? They don't have to be everydown linemen, but I'm looking at someone who can come in situationally and clog up the interior, taking on multiple blockers. Most of these one-dimensional guys get drafted 4th-6th round unless they are also incredible athletes like Haloti Ngata.

Who can we expect to come out in the 2012 draft and take on multiple blockers on running downs?

RaiderNation
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Alameda Ta'amu is the first to come go mind for me. He is very athletic for his size and is a potential late 1st rounder as of now. Other than him I really don't see a stand out NT prospect.

marshallb
10-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I would say Mike Martin from Michigan fits that description very well. I haven't had a chance to watch him closely this year, but he stood out to me the last two years on a Michigan defense that was terrible.

BRAVEHEART
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
USC DT DaJohn "Juicy" Harris. 6'4" 310, and he's been having good season so far.

killxswitch
10-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I would say Mike Martin from Michigan fits that description very well. I haven't had a chance to watch him closely this year, but he stood out to me the last two years on a Michigan defense that was terrible.

How does he compare to Stephen Paea? I thought he'd be great for the Bears but he's barely even played.

regoob2
10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
How does he compare to Stephen Paea? I thought he'd be great for the Bears but he's barely even played.
Paea played in a rotation yesterday and looked very good.