PDA

View Full Version : BrownLeader October Mock pt II

Brown Leader
10-18-2011, 01:08 AM
New mock. Killed it...Boom. "salt peanuths, salt peanuths"

1. Miami Dolphins - Andrew Luck*/QB/Stanford:
Dolphins are a sinking ship. The one thing they thought they could bank on this season was a formidable defense. Oops.

2. St.Louis Rams - Matt Kalil*/OT/USC:
Rams probably use their top ten pick to stabilize the offensive line.

3. Indianapolis Colts - Trent Richardson*/RB/Alabama:
Beyond Luck, Richardson seems to make the most since for the Colts who will need to rely on the running game more as Manning enters the end of his career.

4. Denver Broncos - Matt Barkley*/QB/USC:
A toss up of the top QBs at this point after Luck but Barkely might have the highest floor of them all.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Coples/DE/North Carolina:
A top DE prospect or top WR prospect if the Jags are picking top 10? Gene Smith’s no dummy.

6. Minnesota Vikings - Jonathan Martin*/OT/Stanford:
Want to give the Vikings Blackmon but Charlie Johnson can’t keep starting for teams at LT.

7. Cleveland Browns – Justin Blackmon* /WR/ Oklahoma State:
QB might just be the Browns #1 need but depending on how things shake out I can see Heckert taking a QB later in round 1 or trading up for one if he has to. Blackmon gives the punchless offense a top tier playmaker.

8. Seattle Seahawks - Vince Curry /DE/ Marshall:
Call me crazy but I think Whitehurst will show enough for the Hawks to lay off a first round QB.

9. Carolina Panthers – Michael Floyd /WR/ Notre Dame:
The Cam show will need a playmaking WR to take over for Smith eventually. Like Greg Jennings to Driver. Floyd would have to prove he's a new man after his off field problems but his talent is definitely top ten. Something like Dez Bryant's situation coming out.

10. Arizona Cardinals - Vontaze Burfict*/LB/Arizona State:
Cards are putting together a Pittsburgh style D and Taze could be the centerpiece.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Ryan Tannehill /QB/ Texas A&M:
My favorite QB prospect after Luck, Tannehill should take over for Cassel in no time.

12. Washington Redskins – Landry Jones* /QB/ Oklahoma:
Jones lacks mobility and must prove he can handle pressure but is a great natural thrower with good accuracy and zip. They might view him as similar to Schaub for K.Shanahan’s offense.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Riley Reiff*/OT/Iowa:
Would immediately be the best OT on the team. LT feet and a good run blocker.

14. New York Jets - Malcolm Ingram /DE-LB/ South Carolina:
WR or OL are options but a blue chip pass rusher seems to be more in line with Ryan’s philosophy.

15. Cincinnati Bengals - Manti Te'o*/LB/Notre Dame:
Did they really start Manny Lawson to start the season? He could make Mauluga expendable eventually.

16. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK) – Lamar Miller* /RB/ Miami:
Not a huge fan of Miller but if he shows his reported speed in post season evaluations it could make his stock jump. Bengals could look to add a top tier back to their emerging new offense with their 2nd 1st-whether it's Miller or someone else.

17. Buffalo Bills - Alshon Jeffery*/WR/South Carolina:
Bills can only go so long with their unknown cast at rec after Johnson.

18. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe* /NT/ Memphis
Looks as if the Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season-starts upfront and the mammoth Poe looks versatile enough to play in any scheme. thanks Scott.

19. New York Giants - David DeCastro*/OG-C/Stanford:
Giants not as productive inside on the line as they’ve been recently. DeCastro could start at OC or LG from day 1.

20. Cleveland Browns (ATL) - Robert Griffin*/QB/ Baylor:
NFL caliber arm with a tantalizing skill set but not as elusive as his speed indicates and plays in Baylor’s gimmicky offense. Shows remarkable touch and accuracy for having such a big arm. His weaknesses are correctable but he carries a huge bust factor, even so, Shurmur will be looking for a guy he can groom after being handed McCoy, who’s looked awful thus far.

21. Tennessee Titans – Kelechi Osemele /OT-G/Iowa State:
Johnson 2.9 avg per carry.

22. Chicago Bears– Mohamed Sanu* /WR/ Rutgers:
Sanu is looking like a first round pick, making circus catches for Rutgers, even with a terrible freshman QB.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Devon Still /NT/ Penn State:
Steelers probably will continue to rebuild both sides of the line.

24. San Francisco 49ers – Mo Claiborne* /CB/ LSU:
Not a huge fan of Claiborne but he is looking like the best of the bunch right now with Dennard and Jenkins out the mix and Kirkpatrick not living up to his hype.

25. Dallas Cowboys – Janoris Jenkins /CB/ North Alabama:
Really the best CB in this class but carries sizeable question marks. "NO BIG DEAL" *Cable guy*

26. Houston Texans - T.J. McDonald* /S/ USC:
The Texans are starting Quinn and Daniel Manning at S.

27. Detroit Lions – Alfonzo Dennard /CB/ Nebraska:
Lions still need a dependable talent on the backend. E.Wright is not it.

28. San Diego Chargers – Ronnell Lewis* /OLB/ Oklahoma:
Big junior year could make him a first round pick if he evaluates well in the post season.

29. New England Patriots (NO) – Courtney Upshaw /DE/Alabama:
Better suited for a 43 front and still carries the versatility BB likes.

30. New England Patriots – Kendall Wright /WR/Baylor:
Smitty-esque and looks perfectly suited for the Patriot offense ..and they could say goodbye to Oucho.

31. Baltimore Ravens - Luke Kuechly* /LB/ Boston College:
If the Ravens get to the SB it could be the end the Ray Lewis era. :(

32. Green Bay Packers – Darius Flemming /OLB-DE/ Notre Dame:
Flemings’ not being talked about much but he has very few flaws in his game. If he shows speed & measurables in the post season he’ll be getting a lot of buzz.

vidae
10-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Tannehill at 11 seems like a maaaajor reach.

redbills
10-18-2011, 03:07 AM
not a fan of wr in r1 but Alshon Jeffery at 17 ill take all day

Pat Sims 90
10-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Pretty Solid at LB. Bengals need CB, FS, SS, RB, OG more then a LB.

Matthew Jones
10-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Vinny Curry is having a great year but he's not top ten material because he lacks elite physical tools. Look at Woodley, Larry English, Kerrigan, Jerry Hughes, etc. Ryan Tannehill is a great prospect but are you mocking him at #11 because he's your favorite or because you actually think he could go ahead of Landry Jones? I'd be surprised if Alshon Jeffery lasted that long, he seems to be a consensus top ten pick and definitely ahead of Floyd considering Floyd's three DUIs. I'm surprised at how low you have Claiborne. Kendall Wright is a definite reach but Upshaw would be awesome.

prock
10-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Martin is obviously a good Vikings pick. Blackmon would be awesome too, but tackle has to be the focus.

Thecollegedropout
10-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Jets can use a pick for OLB in round 2 if it means getting Jeffrey.

We need a WR....the offense needs a spark plug in round 1. Burress isn't getting anything done, Kerley looks alright and Holmes is just 1 man.

T-RICH49
10-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Tannehill at 11 seems like a maaaajor reach.

this times a zillion

TheMatriculator
10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
this times a zillion

I see their point, Tannehill is an interesting choice but if Pioli wants him, he probably won't need to spend the 11th overall to get him. He could either trade back or wait until the 2nd round and hope he's still there.

Let's say he waits and addresses another need in the 1st, like ILB, NT (if Jerrell Powe doesn't pan out) or RB (not to replace Charles but Jones since the Chiefs are committed to RBBC).

Nice to see someone thinking outside the box AND not giving the Chiefs an O-lineman.

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Kuechly or Claiborne for the Bears please.

indyfan1985
10-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Not a fan of the Colts draft. Unless Luck or Kalil is available, they should be trading down. And RB is not close to our biggest need. If we couldnt trade down I would go with either Matt Barkley or WR Justin Blackmon.

DiG
10-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I can't figure out this qb class quite yet. sometimes i love what i see from jones and other times he doesnt look like a first rounder. the position makes sense though and so if the shanahans think he is a good fit then id be ok with it. we wont know for a while though which qb they target.

Menardo75
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Great niner pick.

ArkyRamsFan
10-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Kalil to the Rams; you nailed it Brown Leader.

vidae
10-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Hmm, I didn't realize you had Tannehill before both Landry Jones and RG3. I just don't see that at all.

Brown Leader
10-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Vinny Curry is having a great year but he's not top ten material because he lacks elite physical tools. Look at Woodley, Larry English, Kerrigan, Jerry Hughes, etc. Ryan Tannehill is a great prospect but are you mocking him at #11 because he's your favorite or because you actually think he could go ahead of Landry Jones? I'd be surprised if Alshon Jeffery lasted that long, he seems to be a consensus top ten pick and definitely ahead of Floyd considering Floyd's three DUIs. I'm surprised at how low you have Claiborne. Kendall Wright is a definite reach but Upshaw would be awesome.

1. Two of the guys you mentioned are certainly worthy of top ten in hindsight and Carroll has shown no fear in taking the guy he wants. Curry is the 2nd best DE in the draft and will see his stock climb post season.

2. Tannehill just looks like a pro QB to me. He has fewer flaws than any of the other top prospects after Luck. His only real knock is level of competition.

3. Wait till Jeffrey stands up at the combine weigh in.

4. After watching Claiborne get physically abused and juked out of his shoes twice by that tiny ASU WR who will likely go undrafted, I'm not the biggest fan of his-quite a lot of hype there due to LSU's defense and his highlight returns.

5. Just how much of a reach is Wright? Shane mentioned 2nd round possibility and if he times as fast as he looks his stock could go higher.

Brown Leader
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Hmm, I didn't realize you had Tannehill before both Landry Jones and RG3. I just don't see that at all.

Tannehill has a pro skill set. He has the strongest arm of any of the 2012 prospects, mobility, accuracy, intangibles. Level of competition is his only knock and if he shines in post season workouts I think he'll be the 2nd QB to go. Jones has a good arm and experience but has legitimate questions about his mobility. RG3 is more of a project than the others because of Baylor's offense. Barkley is probably the least physically gifted but maby has the highest floor.

Brown Leader
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Jets can use a pick for OLB in round 2 if it means getting Jeffrey.

We need a WR....the offense needs a spark plug in round 1. Burress isn't getting anything done, Kerley looks alright and Holmes is just 1 man.

Burress will be better next season and there's great depth at WR in this draft.

Brown Leader
10-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Changed my top DTs after hearing Scott talk up Poe and getting a quick look at him. FAI

18. Philadelphia Eagles – Dontari Poe* /NT/ Memphis
Looks as if the Eagles will need to rebuild the defense after this season-starts upfront and the mammoth Poe looks versatile enough to play in any scheme. thanks Scott.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers – Devon Still /NT/ Penn State:
Steelers probably will continue to rebuild both sides of the line.

bengalbuck
10-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Tannehill has a pro skill set. He has the strongest arm of any of the 2012 prospects, mobility, accuracy, intangibles. Level of competition is his only knock and if he shines in post season workouts I think he'll be the 2nd QB to go. Jones has a good arm and experience but has legitimate questions about his mobility. RG3 is more of a project than the others because of Baylor's offense. Barkley is probably the least physically gifted but maby has the highest floor.

Why do you keep saying level of competition is the only knock on Tannehill?

What am I missing here?

Same division of the same conference as RGIII and Landry Jones....Played LSU in their bowl game last year. Played Arkansas in the non-con this year. He doesn't have any more level of competition questions than any other top QB this year...

K Train
10-20-2011, 03:33 PM
still is a terrible pick for the steelers. dennard, brewster, or minnifield

fenikz
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I would love Burfict next to D-Wash and he would already be our best pass rusher but our O-Line is so bad, Whis needs to fire Grimm and bring in anyone who is competent, if we could find the equivalent of Daryn Colledge for LT I'd very much approve of this pick

rawdawg
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Thank you for putting the Bears in the playoffs. Thank you for giving them Mohamed Sanu. Love it.

Brown Leader
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Why do you keep saying level of competition is the only knock on Tannehill?

What am I missing here?

Same division of the same conference as RGIII and Landry Jones....Played LSU in their bowl game last year. Played Arkansas in the non-con this year. He doesn't have any more level of competition questions than any other top QB this year...

Thanks. I'm an idiot. I watch college football really only for the prospects, otherwise never been a huge fan of it. For some reason I thought A&M was Conf. USA or something.