PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 8.0

RaiderNation
10-18-2011, 02:58 PM
No explanations again this time, school is really kicking my ass the last few weeks. Added in the Palmer trade as well to update the order. Used ESPN's power rankings for the order as well. Questions and comments are welcomed as always.....
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

1 Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
2 St. Louis Rams- Matt Kalil OT USC*
3 Miami Dolphins- Matt Barkley QB USC*
4 Jacksonville Jaguars- Quinton Coples DE UNC
5 Minnesota Vikings- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
6 Denver Broncos- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
7 Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
8 Carolina Panthers- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
9 Kansas City Chiefs- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
10 Cleveland Browns- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
11 Seattle Seahawks- Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*
12 Dallas Cowboys- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
13 Philadelphia Eagles- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
14 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
15 Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
16 Houston Texans- TJ McDonald DB USC*
17 New York Jets- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
18 Washington Redskins- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
19 Chicago Bears- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
20 Tennessee Titans- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
21 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
22 New York Giants- Manti Te’o LB Notre Dame*
23 Buffalo Bills- Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina
24 Cincinnati Bengals(f/OAK)- Lamar Miller RB Miami**
25 Pittsburgh Steelers- Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington
26 San Diego Chargers- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
27 Detroit Lions- Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama
28 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
29 San Francisco 49ers- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
30 Baltimore Ravens- Vinny Curry DE/OLB Marshall
31 New England Patriots- Peter Konz C Wisconsin*
32 Green Bay Packers- Jared Crick DL Nebraska

Thecollegedropout
10-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Given those circumstances an OLB would be ideal. Can't go wrong with either Jenkins or Ingram but I think Upshaw might be the pick of the 3 guys.

DiG
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
No explanations again this time, school is really kicking my ass the last few weeks. Added in the Palmer trade as well to update the order. Used ESPN's power rankings for the order as well. Questions and comments are welcomed as always.....
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

18 Washington Redskins- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*

I don't get the DL pick for the Skins. Carriker, Coefield, and Bowen are playing incredible so far this year and Jarvis Jenkins (2nd rd pick) was our best dlineman in preseason before he was injured. I'd be fine with adding some depth later but we shouldnt waste our first rounder on dl. a guy like decastro would be perfect. i could also see us looking at qb, ilb, and maybe wr if the right guy was available.

RaiderNation
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't get the DL pick for the Skins. Carriker, Coefield, and Bowen are playing incredible so far this year and Jarvis Jenkins (2nd rd pick) was our best dlineman in preseason before he was injured. I'd be fine with adding some depth later but we shouldnt waste our first rounder on dl. a guy like decastro would be perfect. i could also see us looking at qb, ilb, and maybe wr if the right guy was available.

I struggled with this pick and just went BPA even though dline isn't a pressing need. I might end up changing your pick and the Bears(basically swap DeCastro to the skins and Worthy to the Bears)

T-RICH49
10-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I approve of KC's pick

Pat Sims 90
10-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Kirkpatrick is good pick.

Miller don't see really fitting with the Bengals but **** it we have 2 1st round draft picks now this year.

vidae
10-18-2011, 04:48 PM
QB for KC = good. I'd still prefer RG3, but I like Jones.

ArkyRamsFan
10-18-2011, 06:18 PM
The Rams pick Matt Kalil; Sam Bradford sends his thanks!!

The_Dude
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Blackmon would be fantastic.

bengalbuck
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
I absolutely love the Bengals picks, good work.

bored of education
10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
A++++ for KC

shylo3716
10-18-2011, 10:19 PM
24 Cincinnati Bengals(f/OAK)- Lamar Miller RB Miami**

Miller don't see really fitting with the Bengals but **** it we have 2 1st round draft picks now this year.

Now is it safe to say Palmer solidified this pick?

49erNation85
10-18-2011, 11:33 PM
good sf pick.Need all the help we can get on defense.

prock
10-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Blackmon would be awesome, he is going to be a stud, but it would be hard to pass on Martin. If we get someone like Wagner/Potter/Adams/whomever out of that group ends up being the fourth tackle in the second round, I would love the Blackmon pick. Value..

RaiderNation
10-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Now is it safe to say Palmer solidified this pick?

Lol I knew this would make you happy. The value matches up perfectly for the Bengals and seems like a nice match.

tjsunstein
10-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Jared Crick is perfect.

Braves225
10-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Can't see the Rams going Kalil. They just spent a 1st rd pick on Jason Smith, then a very early 2nd rd pick on Rodger Saffold. Think they gotta go defense or WR there.

RaiderNation
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Can't see the Rams going Kalil. They just spent a 1st rd pick on Jason Smith, then a very early 2nd rd pick on Rodger Saffold. Think they gotta go defense or WR there.

Smith has been struggling at RT and after this season it will have been 3 years for him to prove he is worth the money. Blackmon is an option but passing up on an elite franchise LT prospect for him would be a mistake. Plus the just added Lloyd who I think will help Bradford out a lot.

jth1331
10-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Smith has been struggling at RT and after this season it will have been 3 years for him to prove he is worth the money. Blackmon is an option but passing up on an elite franchise LT prospect for him would be a mistake. Plus the just added Lloyd who I think will help Bradford out a lot.

I'm no Rams expert, but I keep hearing Smith has been struggling and I think if they are in position for Kalil, they should take him.
Rams should be hoping for Kalil or Blackmon.

Also, I like Denver's pick. Denver has so many holes, don't mind going RB when the biggest hole on defense really is DT and I don't think any DT is worth a top 10 pick right now.

ArkyRamsFan
10-19-2011, 09:34 PM

^^^This!!^^^ Smith has lousy technique for a tackle and his future may be at guard, much like Leonard Davis and Robert Gallery.

As tempting as a Blackmon/Jeffery pick may be I totally agree that we should NOT pass on a potential elite LT. If we don't get Sam some protection it won't matter who the hell is playing WR.

RaiderNation
10-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Also, I like Denver's pick. Denver has so many holes, don't mind going RB when the biggest hole on defense really is DT and I don't think any DT is worth a top 10 pick right now.

With Coples gone there just isn't a defensive player worth that high on a pick right now. John Fox needs a stud at RB and Richardson can definately be that. It will be interesting what happens with Tebow though, they could look at a QB if Tebow doesn't show any promise this year.

jth1331
10-20-2011, 10:04 AM
With Coples gone there just isn't a defensive player worth that high on a pick right now. John Fox needs a stud at RB and Richardson can definately be that. It will be interesting what happens with Tebow though, they could look at a QB if Tebow doesn't show any promise this year.

I fully expect if Tebow struggles, we take a QB in round 1. I've heard some rumors the Broncos are stacking up picks to throw at a team for Luck. I honestly feel they'll win a couple more games to be out of the #1 pick.
If they do wind up with the #1 pick, obviously they'll take Luck(unless he doesn't want to play in Denver).
Any other pick, assuming Barkley and Landry leave, it'll be one of them.

I'm kind of hoping Tebow shows he can be a NFL QB just so we don't have to spend another high pick on a QB and can work on shoring up the rest of the team.

RWills
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Is Lamar Miller a third year sophmore?

Claiborne is the only other defensive player to make a play in the top 10, though I could see Te'amu and Burfict making a play for top 10 after workouts

bengalbuck
10-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Is Lamar Miller a third year sophmore?

Claiborne is the only other defensive player to make a play in the top 10, though I could see Te'amu and Burfict making a play for top 10 after workouts

Yeah, Miller redshirted his freshman year.

He was a big-time HS recruit as he and Trent Richardson were the consensus top 2 RBs in Florida that year.

K Train
10-20-2011, 03:32 PM
dennad, minnifield, or brewster for the steelers please

ta'amu is a reach...i like him as a NT but hood and mcclendon are playing fine at NT, and ta'amu is a good prospect for a true 34 NT but hes not bj raji or phil taylor, hes more of a 2nd rounder imo

Matthew Jones
10-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Konz would be awesome. If you think the Patriots want to go back to a 3-4 and that Thompson can fit as a two-gapping five-technique, then I like that pick too. I'm just not sure whether or not I really consider him a 3-4 end.

RaiderNation
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Konz would be awesome. If you think the Patriots want to go back to a 3-4 and that Thompson can fit as a two-gapping five-technique, then I like that pick too. I'm just not sure whether or not I really consider him a 3-4 end.

Similarly to Corey Luiget last year, Thompson could end up being drafted to a 3-4 team despite that scouts/draftniks think that he'd fit in a 4-3 as a DT. Thompson's value is also high at that pick and he could replace Haynesworth who isn't the elite player he used to be.

RWills
10-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Similarly to Corey Luiget last year, Thompson could end up being drafted to a 3-4 team despite that scouts/draftniks think that he'd fit in a 4-3 as a DT. Thompson's value is also high at that pick and he could replace Haynesworth who isn't the elite player he used to be.

Dont forget Devon Still or Jared Crick for the Pats, Im hoping for Barron and Upshaw myself