PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Have Spent Three Top 100 Picks on QB's

MI_Buckeye
10-18-2011, 04:18 PM
After today's trade for Carson Palmer, for what will likely end up being two first round picks and the selection of Terrelle Pryor in the supplemental draft, Oakland has invested an ungodly amount in the QB position.

Think of it this way, it would be like a team that a QB in the first round, say Jacksonville, taking Ricky Stanzi in the third round after drafting Gabbert in the first and THEN selecting someone Landry Jones in the first round next year. It is utter madness.

Throw on top of it, the Raiders now don't have a selection in the first three rounds next year. Enjoy whatever success you might have this and next year Raider fans, because you will be back among the dregs before you know it.

tjsunstein
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Cool story, bro.
What are you trying to discuss here?

MI_Buckeye
10-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Cool story, bro.
What are you trying to discuss here?

Just the lunacy of the Raiders franchise I guess and their indifference toward the draft.

And a correction from my original post. The Raiders don't have a pick until the FIFTH round. Their fourth rounder belongs to Washington who received the pick as compensation for, you guessed it, QUARTERBACK Jason Campbell.

I don't know why you have to be so snarky. This is stupifying to me and shows a level of dysfunction I didn't even think the Raiders were capable of.

redbills
10-18-2011, 05:20 PM
agree, Bengals won the trade by a lot.

Iamcanadian
10-18-2011, 11:26 PM
If Palmer returns to form, the trade will be a steal for the Raiders and put them among the elite teams in the NFL. Cheap price to pay if you ask me.

tjsunstein
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Just the lunacy of the Raiders franchise I guess and their indifference toward the draft.

And a correction from my original post. The Raiders don't have a pick until the FIFTH round. Their fourth rounder belongs to Washington who received the pick as compensation for, you guessed it, QUARTERBACK Jason Campbell.

I don't know why you have to be so snarky. This is stupifying to me and shows a level of dysfunction I didn't even think the Raiders were capable of.
There's already 2-3 threads about the trade and many of it's different impacts in the Pro Football sub forum.

The organization is showing a lot of confidence in their young players to develop, and the coaching staff to properly aid their development. The amount of draft picks is unheard of but if you find your solution at QB, it's almost worth it.

dolphinfan2k5
10-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Your analogy is stupid because the Raiders' picks won't be high enough in the draft that Gabbert went, and Landry Jones will go, 11th and maybe top 3. So assuming they pick around 22-25 they would need to give up at LEAST two firsts just to get Jones alone.

MI_Buckeye
10-19-2011, 04:32 AM
There's already 2-3 threads about the trade and many of it's different impacts in the Pro Football sub forum.

The organization is showing a lot of confidence in their young players to develop, and the coaching staff to properly aid their development. The amount of draft picks is unheard of but if you find your solution at QB, it's almost worth it.

That's understandable. But I just about never visit any of the non-draft related subs, and I think the deal is big enough to merit at least one topic in the draft sub.

And to be honest, I just don't think the Raiders have much of a plan. I don't know what their cap situation is, but I'm sure they will be very active in free agency trying to plug holes. IMO, they just gave up two first round picks to make a lateral move at QB.