PDA

View Full Version : Speculation that Luck Could Pull an Elway/Manning?

4U2NV
10-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Scout: 2012 draft 'could be a Manning thing all over again' (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82344884/article/scout-2012-draft-could-be-a-manning-thing-all-over-again)

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: Oct. 19, 2011 at 01:51 p.m.
Updated: Oct. 19, 2011 at 03:56 p.m.

Hate to rain on everyone's "Suck for Luck" parade, but there is an under-the-radar storyline regarding the heralded Stanford quarterback that will soon be out there.

Think all your team has to do is finish 1-15 to get Andrew Luck? It might not be that easy. The presence of Luck's father, Oliver, is something league executives will be watching closely as we get closer to April. This well could be Eli Manning in 2004, or John Elway in 1983, if the Luck camp doesn't like the situation the highest picking team presents.

"Absolutely. I've heard that for the last two years," said one college scout, who's on the road and paid to ferret this stuff out. "There's no question that it could be a Manning thing all over again."

The Manning comparison, of course, arises because Archie Manning drove the bus on youngest son Eli forcing a trade from San Diego to New York. And don't get this twisted -- this isn't a criticism of Luck or his father, who is also the athletics director at West Virginia. They have the leverage, the next 10-15 years of Luck's life could be in the balance, and so it makes sense to use that power to find the right spot.

It's just that, based on the way Oliver and Andrew Luck have carefully orchestrated their decisions in the past, teams are expecting this circumstance to arise if the wrong team is sitting at No. 1.

"We talked about this before (Luck's sophomore) season started," said the scout. "Some people know the dad well, and the hands-on approach he has. In Andrew's defense, he seems pretty in control of everything. So I could see it being a mutual decision. And if he can control it, why play behind a (crappy) offensive line, or in a bad situation? He's gonna have that control. If he doesn't like the team there, all he has to do is voice that, and there'll be teams looking to trade up.

"The Luck camp has a ton of firepower here. More than anyone I can remember."

Exactly what I wanted to hear being a Dolphin fan.

Caulibflower
10-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Scout: 2012 draft 'could be a Manning thing all over again' (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82344884/article/scout-2012-draft-could-be-a-manning-thing-all-over-again)

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: Oct. 19, 2011 at 01:51 p.m.
Updated: Oct. 19, 2011 at 03:56 p.m.

Exactly what I wanted to hear being a Dolphin fan.

Pfft. He doesn't want to go to Miami.

tjsunstein
10-20-2011, 01:19 AM
I don't want to have dislike the kid but if he pulls something like this, I will.

49erNation85
10-20-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't this it could be fun to watch.Why not try and plan where YOU want.It could happen if Manning did it sort of .

MI_Buckeye
10-20-2011, 03:14 AM
What I find amusing about the Eli situation is that the Chargers have actually been really good during Manning's career. I know he won a Super Bowl in NY, but I think he definitely dropped the ball on this one. The Chargers have been better than the Giants, and Rivers has been better than Manning.

bruschis4all
10-20-2011, 05:10 AM
I hope St. Louis drafts 1st. They will trade the pick. That way the team that trades for him will have to give up a boatload of picks and won't be rewarded for sucking for Luck.
I would think; Denver, Miami, Seattle, KC, Cleveland, Arizona and Washington would be interested.

San Diego Chicken
10-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Not sure I buy into this. Luck should at least have a reason why he wouldn't want to play for a specific franchise, and I don't think "they suck" is a real reason. Elway & his father couldn't stand Frank Kush (Baltimore's coach at the time). The Manning's didn't trust the Spanos family who were notoriously difficult in rookie negotiations. Plus, fortunes change quickly in the NFL. I really believe teams picking high are no more than two good drafts away from competing regardless of how dire their situation may appear, though that's easier said than done. But it's been done.

Thanks to the new CBA there's no fear of a holdout. The team that wins the #1 will probably have a brand new coaching staff that will be desperate to grab Luck. And for the most part the same teams have younger, more player friendly owners as opposed to some of the old money owners.

The one situation that i can see getting weird is if Indy gets the pick. Maybe Luck says look, I don't want to be a backup. I want to go somewhere and start immediately. It's complete speculation though.

nepg
10-20-2011, 08:22 AM
What I find amusing about the Eli situation is that the Chargers have actually been really good during Manning's career. I know he won a Super Bowl in NY, but I think he definitely dropped the ball on this one. The Chargers have been better than the Giants, and Rivers has been better than Manning.
Neither have been as good as Brees. I think Brees being in San Diego and how the Chargers handled him had a lot to do with the Mannings not wanting to go there.

As far as Luck goes...there aren't too many particularly bad situations of the teams that are front runners currently. Maybe he doesn't want to go to Indy and sit, but that's a good spot for him. Miami would have a pretty solid team around him right-off, but the questions would lie with the coaching staff. Most of the other teams with a shot at him already have their young (hopefully) franchise QB.

FUNBUNCHER
10-20-2011, 09:14 AM
WOuld be kind of a punk move if Luck felt he was 'too good' to play for Indy or Miami. Both franchises have great pedigrees and would be great places to play football.

I hope this is just a wild crazy rumor.

rawdawg
10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
What were the reasons for Elway and Eli not wanting to play in Indy and San Diego, respectively? I find it hard to believe that Luck could find the ideal situation. Does he want to go to Indy and backup Peyton for a couple years potentially? Does he want to go to "take his talents to South Beach" with their iffy coaching situation? The Rams, Cards, Vikings, and Jags are probably out of the picture because they've recently picked or traded for potential franchise QBs. That leaves KC and Denver. KC isn't the most attractive market for a star QB. Denver would be interesting as he would be pulling an Elway, playing for Elway, from the house that Elway built....to the house that Elway built.

jth1331
10-20-2011, 10:00 AM
What were the reasons for Elway and Eli not wanting to play in Indy and San Diego, respectively? I find it hard to believe that Luck could find the ideal situation. Does he want to go to Indy and backup Peyton for a couple years potentially? Does he want to go to "take his talents to South Beach" with their iffy coaching situation? The Rams, Cards, Vikings, and Jags are probably out of the picture because they've recently picked or traded for potential franchise QBs. That leaves KC and Denver. KC isn't the most attractive market for a star QB. Denver would be interesting as he would be pulling an Elway, playing for Elway, from the house that Elway built....to the house that Elway built.

Elway hated the Colts coach at the time.
The Manning's hated the way the Chargers were being run.

Sloopy
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
It will be interedsting to see what Luck says about all this the next time he gets interviewed, his camp seems to be pretty quiet right now with this story being out for awhile now.

I must say though that this will really hurt his image with me, I think that "picking" where you go or don't go kind of ruins the whole institution that is the NFL Draft, it is designed to help bad teams get better, not let pretty boy QB's go through some sort of recruiting process all over again.

MaxV
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I can definitely see it becoming a problem if the Colts get 1st overall. I'm sure Luck doesn't want to hold the clipboard for multiple years.

jth1331
10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I can definitely see it becoming a problem if the Colts get 1st overall. I'm sure Luck doesn't want to hold the clipboard for multiple years.

He's going to backup Curtis Painter?

I honestly feel Peyton Manning is done in the NFL.

bucfan12
10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
That's pretty selfish. Why should a prospect think he's got leverage of who drafts him? Be thankful you're going to play in this league and be the number 1 overall pick.

Honestly, this story could be crap for something to talk about, but I hope we don't see this crap after Elway and Manning.

MaxV
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
He's going to backup Curtis Painter?

I honestly feel Peyton Manning is done in the NFL.

You might be right.

There are a lot of speculations about his injury. I've heard both sides of the story.

But the Colts still haven't put him on IR, so they certainly think he isn't finished.

bucfan12
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
You might be right.

There are a lot of speculations about his injury. I've heard both sides of the story.

But the Colts still haven't put him on IR, so they certainly think he isn't finished.

I think Manning is done. After watching the Tennesee/LSU game, where they should him on the sideline, he looks like he's lost a lot of muscle (entirely not his fault of course). But that injury really set him back. Whenever he gets cleared, he'd have to start working out and get back to where he was, and that's if he gets cleared to play.

Giantsfan1080
10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Eli doesn't have a losing record as starting QB for the Giants. He's been in a position to win every year he's been in NY and he's won a SB. He made the right decision.

Scott Wright
10-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Shane and I actually talked about this quite a bit on the last podcast.

I think it could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck tried to steer his way to Denver.

D-Unit
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Shane and I actually talked about this quite a bit on the last podcast.

I think it could happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck tried to steer his way to Denver.
What's his connection to Denver?

SolidGold
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM

I'd guess its the Elway-Stanford connection.

Shane P. Hallam
10-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Elway/Stanford connection, and Elway has already been scouting him thoroughly. Young up and coming team on the West Coast.

I still have an eye out for Dallas. If a team with the #1 pick wants to trade it, I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to take a Texas kid like Luck and pay a price to do it. Maybe a bit out there and likely would cost too much, but worth pondering. Most teams should at least try to trade up if the opportunity presents itself.

And if Luck DOES pull a power play, I'd imagine it will be done with a bit more tact than Eli did.

D-Unit
10-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Elway/Stanford connection, and Elway has already been scouting him thoroughly. Young up and coming team on the West Coast.

I still have an eye out for Dallas. If a team with the #1 pick wants to trade it, I wouldn't put it past Jerry Jones to take a Texas kid like Luck and pay a price to do it. Maybe a bit out there and likely would cost too much, but worth pondering. Most teams should at least try to trade up if the opportunity presents itself.

And if Luck DOES pull a power play, I'd imagine it will be done with a bit more tact than Eli did.

http://oasis-church-nj.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/oasis-prayer-hot-line.jpg

Tony Romo + 2 1st Round Picks!

Sloopy
10-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I think Manning is done. After watching the Tennesee/LSU game, where they should him on the sideline, he looks like he's lost a lot of muscle (entirely not his fault of course). But that injury really set him back. Whenever he gets cleared, he'd have to start working out and get back to where he was, and that's if he gets cleared to play.

Then again, if I had to bet on anyone putting in the hard work and dedication to come back it would be Peyton.

jrdrylie
10-20-2011, 02:06 PM
He would be a total idiot to want to go to Denver for a number of reasons.

1. Nothing against the city of Denver, which is wonderful, but it is no Miami. Better weather, better food, better women, more to do, and a better market for endorsements.
2. Denver doesn't really have any weapons besides Eric Decker. At least Miami has Brandon Marshall, Daniel Thomas, and Reggie Bush. Plus, Denver would have to give up the farm for Luck. I'm talking about their 2012 and 2012 first and probably a few 2nds and 3rds. How will they get him talent?
3. Denver has John Fox. He is a coaching dinosaur. He is a run-first, run-second, pass only if I have to coach. In Miami, he'd have a new coach (and probably a good one too) who can build an offense around him

Now if Indianapolis, Minnesota, or St. Louis get the first pick, it's a different story completely.

49erNation85
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Denver wouldn't pick him.They have TEBOWWWW.

Babylon
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
He would be a total idiot to want to go to Denver for a number of reasons.

1. Nothing against the city of Denver, which is wonderful, but it is no Miami. Better weather, better food, better women, more to do, and a better market for endorsements.
2. Denver doesn't really have any weapons besides Eric Decker. At least Miami has Brandon Marshall, Daniel Thomas, and Reggie Bush. Plus, Denver would have to give up the farm for Luck. I'm talking about their 2012 and 2012 first and probably a few 2nds and 3rds. How will they get him talent?
3. Denver has John Fox. He is a coaching dinosaur. He is a run-first, run-second, pass only if I have to coach. In Miami, he'd have a new coach (and probably a good one too) who can build an offense around him

Now if Indianapolis, Minnesota, or St. Louis get the first pick, it's a different story completely.

So these 3 teams have great weapons and coaching and Denver doesnt? i'm confused.

Grizzlegom
10-20-2011, 02:23 PM
So these 3 teams have great weapons and coaching and Denver doesnt? i'm confused.

Thinking it has more to do with the fact that they have Ponder, Manning, and Bradford...

jrdrylie
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Indianapolis has a robot for a coach and Peyton Manning. If I'm as good as Luck is, I don't want to sit for three years. I want to start kicking ass from day one. We'll have to wait and see with Minnesota. If Ponder plays poorly, than I think it is a better spot than Denver. But if Ponder actually looks good, I wouldn't want to go there. As for St. Louis, I don't think he'll have to force anything. I doubt they would give up on Bradford and I have a feeling they would seek out a trading partner themselves.

killxswitch
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm actually worried this would happen if the Colts selected Luck. The front office looks so bad this year.

Babylon
10-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Thinking it has more to do with the fact that they have Ponder, Manning, and Bradford...

Yeah , i wasnt sure as the topic seems to go in differant directions.

For some reason i think Denver with Elway and it being a great franchise would be a place where Luck might say he wants to play.

On a related topic i'm all for a guy having some say where he plays. It happens about once a decade so i think it's sort of refreshing.

JBCX
10-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Best case scenario for Andrew Luck:

Miami gets the #1 pick, Andy Reid and Tony Sparano are both fired from their respective teams, Miami hires Andy Reid.

Working with a QB guru as your head coach in sunny South Beach? Win.

Grizzlegom
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Miami gets the #1 pick, Andy Reid and Tony Sparano are both fired from their respective teams, Miami hires Andy Reid.

Can't see any scenario where Andy Reid coaches next year unless he's in Philadelphia. Marty Mornhinweg on the other hand...

K Train
10-20-2011, 03:23 PM
if eli had any pull at all to dictate where he went....luck can choose anyone he wants

that being said, i dont know why he wouldnt want to go to miami....sparano sucks, but they got a LT, a C, a young defense, run RB duo, a top 10 WR, lebron james...what more could you want?

indy imo is close to being in shambles, even if manning comes back...aging WRs, TE, QB thats been the nucleus of that team. bad althought getitng better oline, again dline....idk about them long term, to mee miami is set to compete in the future much more. plus id hate for manning to be followed up with luck, thats roughly 30 years of franchise QB...thats not fair lol

whoever gets #1 is taking luck though, hes either gonna play or be sold at a kings ransom for a historical deal

shylo3716
10-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Denver wouldn't pick him.They have TEBOWWWW.

Funny you say this, because Tebow will end up being his H-Back. If not welp he will hold the clipboard the remainder of his contract, if all else fails & he does not like it well kick rocks.

Rabscuttle
10-20-2011, 05:06 PM

They still have an owner that has contempt for his players and pretty much everyone that isn't in his class. The ideal situation is for Ross to die in a couch fire.

shylo3716
10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but this is really big to me. This whole ordeal will throw a lot of monkey wrenches heading into April.

I think this will be the largest televised Draft broadcast to go down in history. Just think LeBron James South Beach......Well bigger is the vision that I have for this scenario.

Rabscuttle
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but this is really big to me. This whole ordeal will throw a lot of monkey wrenches heading into April.

I think this will be the largest televised Draft broadcast to go down in history. Just think LeBron James South Beach......Well bigger is the vision that I have for this scenario.

I should craigslist my draft ticket. Maybe I could pay off my mortgage or buy a case of beer. Mmmmmm, beer.

shylo3716
10-20-2011, 06:35 PM
I should craigslist my draft ticket. Maybe I could pay off my mortgage or buy a case of beer. Mmmmmm, beer.

Who are you telling! I know you will come off with quite a few $tack$

http://trbcphx.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/money-stacks-1024x768.jpg

niel89
10-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Has there been any indication that Luck could do this, or is it honestly complete speculation?

I know that Luck is a awesome prospect, but I'm not sure that this type of situation is actually going to happen. He certainly has the power at this point though.

jsagan77
10-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome to Washington Mr. Luck.

Splat
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Chiefs are out of the running I no longer care.

Shane P. Hallam
10-20-2011, 07:37 PM

We will know what happens before the broadcast though.

bucfan12
10-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Hm, I'm wondering if him not wanting to play for Carolina last year was the main reason he didn't enter the NFL Draft. If that's the case, he could be extremely picky.

I think he's got that connection with Elway and Elway has heavily scouted him the past 2 years. I think thats why they traded there best WR and benched Orton. There seeing what he's got and if he fails (which I wouldn't be surprised there hoping), then he'll try everything to move up for Luck

Shane P. Hallam
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Hm, I'm wondering if him not wanting to play for Carolina last year was the main reason he didn't enter the NFL Draft. If that's the case, he could be extremely picky.

I think he's got that connection with Elway and Elway has heavily scouted him the past 2 years. I think thats why they traded there best WR and benched Orton. There seeing what he's got and if he fails (which I wouldn't be surprised there hoping), then he'll try everything to move up for Luck

Graduating was the reason he cited, FYI.

YAYareaRB
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
forget denver.. he needs to steer his ass up the road to San Francisco

stl9erfan
10-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I really think this is a lot of pretty baseless speculation at this point. Everything I've ever read about Andrew Luck and everything I've ever seen him do wouldn't indicate to me that he would do anything like this. Indeed, we have a kid who choose STANFORD back when that was considered a very, very questionable move for a top recruit (at least from a football perspective-- academics are another matter). Luck seems to me like the kind of guy who would probably relish the challenge of helping an organization rebuild.

The only thing I could see him doing is maybe resisting going to the Colts. Why? I don't think he would want to be in a situation where he might have to sit on the bench behind a starter like Peyton Manning for 2-3 years as the heir apparent. So I think if the Colts wound up with the top pick, there's a chance he could say "don't draft me if you plan on keeping Peyton, too" because frankly he's good enough, and pro-ready enough that he shouldn't have to lose three years of his pro-career sitting behind someone else. Other than this situation, though, I'd be really shocked if he tried to pull any veto kind of stuff.

49erNation85
10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Denver over rules Miami as far as location goes IMO.Denver has the whole country scene.With the great out doors recreational type area.Plus it would keep him out of trouble from them druggies down in Miami.I my self would rather live in Denver.So much more fun of area IMO.

shylo3716
10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
We will know what happens before the broadcast though.

So much for the suspense :/ womp womp womp

indyfan1985
10-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I really think this is a lot of pretty baseless speculation at this point. Everything I've ever read about Andrew Luck and everything I've ever seen him do wouldn't indicate to me that he would do anything like this. Indeed, we have a kid who choose STANFORD back when that was considered a very, very questionable move for a top recruit (at least from a football perspective-- academics are another matter). Luck seems to me like the kind of guy who would probably relish the challenge of helping an organization rebuild.

The only thing I could see him doing is maybe resisting going to the Colts. Why? I don't think he would want to be in a situation where he might have to sit on the bench behind a starter like Peyton Manning for 2-3 years as the heir apparent. So I think if the Colts wound up with the top pick, there's a chance he could say "don't draft me if you plan on keeping Peyton, too" because frankly he's good enough, and pro-ready enough that he shouldn't have to lose three years of his pro-career sitting behind someone else. Other than this situation, though, I'd be really shocked if he tried to pull any veto kind of stuff.

See I disagree. Why would you not want to learn from one of the greats and someone you have recieved advice from in the past? Plus I dont buy the whole sitting for 2 years will shave off part of his career. He wont be getting hit much those 2 years so he will be able to play longer when he is older so it balances out. I think going to the Colts would be the best situation for him because he could easily end up like Aaron Rodgers but better. And Indy has better talent than the other candidates for Luck.

Sloopy
10-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm really surprised that no one in the Andrew Luck camp has come out with a statement to quell these rumors... starting to really think it must be true...

Caulibflower
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM
It's probably a pretty safe bet that they are. When you have so many people saying you're worthy of the first-overall pick, you know you have enough value that teams will be willing to move around to sign you. You tell the Dolphins (Honestly, I don't understand the Miami fans who think Andrew Luck would want to go to them. The Dolphins are exactly the kind of team you don't want to go to. Lousy management, lousy ownership, no reliable weapons, despite big names, on offense because Reggie Bush is terrible and Brandon Marshall is not the kind of "talented" receiver QBs dream of playing with... and they certainly don't look at offenses and say, "Hey, I'd like to go to the offense with the best left tackle." That, and I know I wouldn't want to be drafted into a fan base who will compare you to another player for your entire career by default) you're not going to play for them, and they will make a move with another team. A player who is universally acknowledged by front offices to possess the talent lead NFL teams to playoff wins has the leverage to refuse to play for a team, even to sit out a season until that team decides it would rather trade the rights to sign you and make something productive out of it, because the trade value would remain high.

Caulibflower
10-20-2011, 11:54 PM
There are legitimate reasons to say, "I don't want to go to that franchise." Is it selfish? Yeah, ultimately you define it as such. But in most of the working world, you do have the right to decline employment. The draft exists to disperse talent throughout the league, but most players simply aren't good enough to declare where they want to play, because hardly any rookies are seen as guaranteed to have success. Luck has that leverage, because almost everyone would bet on him having NFL success.

holt_bruce81
10-21-2011, 01:57 AM
This kind of rumor is put out there pretty much every year. I remember when Bradford was going to request a trade if he got picked by st. Louis.

JBCX
10-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Can't see any scenario where Andy Reid coaches next year unless he's in Philadelphia. Marty Mornhinweg on the other hand...

If the Eagles finish with fewer than 7 wins, you don't think Reid will be fired?

Grizzlegom
10-21-2011, 06:55 AM
If the Eagles finish with fewer than 7 wins, you don't think Reid will be fired?

I think they would "mutually part ways", I don't think he'll want to coach right away though. He's given every indication that he'll retire if they win the Super Bowl and finally take time off to stay home and help address all his family issues. I'd be SHOCKED if he turned around and took another coaching job instantly.

Rosebud
10-21-2011, 09:25 AM

So the Chargers are better than the giants even though giants have won a superbowl, unlike the chargers, play in a strong division, unlike the chargers, and aren't a pass happy team that inflates Eli's stats, like the Chargers. Got it. Just FYI, but I like winning so personally I think it's better to get a ring rather than gaudy passing numbers.

Rosebud
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
That's pretty selfish. Why should a prospect think he's got leverage of who drafts him? Be thankful you're going to play in this league and be the number 1 overall pick.

Honestly, this story could be crap for something to talk about, but I hope we don't see this crap after Elway and Manning.

Because an elite prospect like Andrew Luck does have leverage over who drafts him? Stupid question is stupid.

stl9erfan
10-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm really surprised that no one in the Andrew Luck camp has come out with a statement to quell these rumors... starting to really think it must be true...

He's a redshirt junior who hasn't even declared for the draft yet. And his team is still undefeated and in the hunt for a championship season. I think he's probably got bigger things on his mind.

This is all basically baseless speculation thrown out by a couple of reporters from anonymous industry sources. And those industry sources aren't even saying they have any information-- they're just blatantly speculating too. This is a non-story at this point. Luck denying it would only fan the flames.

OzTitan
10-21-2011, 06:34 PM
There are legitimate reasons to say, "I don't want to go to that franchise." Is it selfish? Yeah, ultimately you define it as such. But in most of the working world, you do have the right to decline employment. The draft exists to disperse talent throughout the league, but most players simply aren't good enough to declare where they want to play, because hardly any rookies are seen as guaranteed to have success. Luck has that leverage, because almost everyone would bet on him having NFL success.

If the market allows it, it's fair game. Luck's market will probably allow for him to pull a move like this. It's no different than a big time high school talent picking his college, IMO. Just because there is a process in the college to NFL transition (i.e. the draft) for the purpose of streamlining, doesn't mean you should neglect your ability to choose if your value says you can.

DcmRulz
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Luck is talented enough that he's got options for whoever he wants to play for:

Miami? Luck could influence the coaching changes for Miami, combine that with a fairly decent offensive core that he could come in and energize right away and a nice offensive line, this could be a billslike playoff explosion with Luck at QB next year

Broncos? Elway. I personally think they've got a pretty lousy team on paper, but playing by your local icon is a pretty good recruiting hook.

Indy? Well, depends on if he likes manning enough to work behind him and learn from him, that team is...well we're looking at it on paper.

Arizona perhaps, and a pretty good offensive situation, but Kolb might kill their chances for that franchise QB (I think Arizona's going to win out the sweepstakes anyway)