PDA

View Full Version : Draft Guru's, any good 4-3 LB prospects in 2012?

bornnraisedwhodat
10-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Draft Guru's.

I dont follow much college football, but I do follow the draft a lot once off season begins.

Anyway, I am a Saints fan and we have probably the worst linebacking corps in the NFL. Vilma isnt what he used to be and has fallen off drastically. We drafted Martez Wilson in the 3rd round this year, but he is a raw prospect that has a high ceiling, but he hasnt been able to make it on the field yet. Everything else we have at linebacker is just terrible.

We gave up our 1st rounder for 2012 to get Ingram (yeah, i know)...so what are some good prospects you guys are hearing about that play LB, I don't care what position, but probably someone that can play inside and out.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

BeerBaron
10-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Zach Brown of North Carolina and Travis Lewis of Oklahoma are the first two that come to my mind. Probably late first round/early 2nd round types.

K Train
10-20-2011, 03:51 PM
kuechly is the guy if your looking for the top 43 LB, theyd probably have to trade into round one to land him though

bornnraisedwhodat
10-20-2011, 03:57 PM
You guys think there will be a lot of 4-3 LB's to go in the 1st round this year?

RaiderNation
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Zach Brown is going to be a Pro Bowl OLB, definately worth a 1st round pick.

princefielder28
10-20-2011, 05:22 PM
seeing as youre Saints will picking towards the bottom of round two i'd say Nebraska's Lavonte David and I would say even someone like Southern Miss' Korey Williams could be an option by the time April rolls around

BeerBaron
10-20-2011, 05:25 PM
4-3 OLBs tend not to be a high priority position either, so they'll fall a bit. I liked Mason Foster more last year than just about any of the prospects this year, and he was a 3rd rounder.

So some top guys could very likely be available for the Saints.

Abaddon
10-20-2011, 06:25 PM
qf 's

bored of education
10-20-2011, 06:37 PM
this thread was addressed to draftguru151 not you guys

Ozzy
10-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Here are a few OLB prospects I think would be very good in a 4/3 defense. I have the Saints getting David in the 2nd round I believe. Kuechly they probably have no shot at, but Bradham could fall to them, same with Lewis. Guess it depends on what underclassmen come out early. Sweat they could get later and have a fine run defender, same with Carder, Cole is very good but probably will be gone by then.

Luke Kuechly Boston College JR
Lavonte David Nebraska
Nigel Bradham Florida State
Jarvis Jones Georgia RS SOPH
Travis Lewis Oklahoma
Audie Cole NC State
Tank Carder TCU
Michael Mauti Penn State JR
Kenny Tate Maryland
Danny Trevathan Kentucky
Andrew Sweat Ohio State
Sean Spence Miami FL