PDA

View Full Version : How underrated is Nick Foles???

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2011, 05:53 AM
The more I see him play, the more trouble I have putting Landry Jones and Matt Barkley ahead of him as prospects.

I have Luck #1 because I think basically he processes the game better from the neck up better than most QBs, the way Montana did.
But it's not like Luck has an elite arm. He's mobile for s 6'3/6'4, 235# QB but it's not like Luck's physical tools make him a once-in-a-generation prospect.

It's his accuracy, decision making and being schooled in more traditional pro concepts under Harbaugh that make Luck more advanced than his peers.

Nick Foles has improved every season at Arizona. His accuracy is better and he's got a sneaky strong arm. I say 'sneaky' because spread QBs are rarely asked to rip the football on a rope 25-30 yards downfield.

If Barkley was at Oregon State instead of USC I doubt he would be so highly regarded. Landry Jones is a naturally bigger and stronger QB than Bradford and I envision him becoming at least a solid starter in the NFL.

If Luck doesn't become one of the top 10 to 12 QBs in the league I'd be shocked.

But Foles, I just like the guy. He's not Luck but otherwise I'd put him up against almost every other prospect in this draft.

And you can fit Robert Griffin into that mix somewhere too.

Unlike last year where Mallett/Newton/Locker/Gabbert had strong to elite arm strength, I don't think any of the top prospects this year are close to last year's group in that category.
I know it's problematic to assume arm strength is the end of the conversation, but arm strength is part of the reason Newton has had so much success early in his rookie season. A strong arm gives a QB better reads and covers up poor decisions.

Anyway, how high or low at the moment do you see Nick Foles going in the draft??

nepg
10-21-2011, 05:57 AM
I like Foles. I don't get the hate on Foles. The only real knock on him is that he's a statue QB. Which, to be fair, is a legitimate concern.

bucfan12
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Extremely underrated and is the 2nd best QB prospect in this draft. He may not be very mobile, but he's an excellent pocket passer.

Landry Jones and Ryan Tanehill are growing on me right now, but I really am not buying all the hype on Matt Barkely. He got the same type of hype Jimmy Clausen got coming out of high school. Barkely has had a better overall college career, but when it comes to his overall talent and mechanics and ceiling, it screams average QB to me.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't question his arm strength, I question his decision making, mechanics, footwork, and mobility. Not to mention consistency.

Ozzy
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I agree, Foles is very underrated in many respects. However one could also argue last night in the 1st half was one of his best two quarters played ever in college.

Not sure I would take Foles over Barkley though, I would take Barkley to be honest. He has more of a bravado and leadership potential. Foles one could totally argue is better than Landry Jones and more polished than Robert Griffin. Tannehill and Foles are kind of close to me though, both big kids that can lead the team and manage a game. Tannehill has more potential though because he has played quarterback for just awhile at A&M, he is still improving.

Going to be though, because outside of four or five teams, everyone else I doubt drafts a quarterback, so after the needy teams go the others could drop a little bit.

jrdrylie
10-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Going to be though, because outside of four or five teams, everyone else I doubt drafts a quarterback, so after the needy teams go the others could drop a little bit.

Miami, Seattle, Kansas City, and Indianapolis are the obvious teams that might look at QBs. You could probably add Denver and Washington in there too, depending on how they finish.

Two teams that I think could take a QB are Buffalo and Houston. Fitzpatrick is a free agent. If he continues to play well, he might ask for a hug contract. If his play falls off, the Bills might decide to go another way. Houston would be a shock, but the team isn't taking the Division by storm like many of us thought they might. If they miss the playoffs, Kubiak is gone. Maybe a new coach decides that Matt Schaub will never be the type of QB to carry his team to the playoffs and will decide to go with his own guy.

I think that leads to a late first or early second round pick. My guess is Indianapolis with the second pick in round 2 or Washington trading back about 10 picks to grab him in the mid-20s.

Ozzy
10-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Miami, Seattle, Kansas City, and Indianapolis are the obvious teams that might look at QBs. You could probably add Denver and Washington in there too, depending on how they finish.

Two teams that I think could take a QB are Buffalo and Houston. Fitzpatrick is a free agent. If he continues to play well, he might ask for a hug contract. If his play falls off, the Bills might decide to go another way. Houston would be a shock, but the team isn't taking the Division by storm like many of us thought they might. If they miss the playoffs, Kubiak is gone. Maybe a new coach decides that Matt Schaub will never be the type of QB to carry his team to the playoffs and will decide to go with his own guy.

I think that leads to a late first or early second round pick. My guess is Indianapolis with the second pick in round 2 or Washington trading back about 10 picks to grab him in the mid-20s.I doubt Washington takes a quarterback, Grossman and Beck are two solid players and they like them I believe, but yes depends on how they finish, but so far the start outside of last week was pretty solid. Schaub, I guess the Texans could go another way, who knows. If the Colts go Foles in the 2nd round that would be very luck and very possible. But yes the teams you said first, those are almost locks to get a quarterback. I doubt the Chiefs do though, Cassel is not the issue there I feel. As for Buffalo, they would be idiots to let Fitzpatrick go, especially with how well he has played this season.

However, for sure Miami and Seattle will pick a quarterback I feel, and heck if the Rams do not finish great, and get the #1 pick, how do they not take Luck and trade Bradford? I am not sure they would pass on Luck.

prock
10-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I doubt Washington takes a quarterback, Grossman and Beck are two solid players and they like them I believe, but yes depends on how they finish, but so far the start outside of last week was pretty solid. Schaub, I guess the Texans could go another way, who knows. If the Colts go Foles in the 2nd round that would be very luck and very possible. But yes the teams you said first, those are almost locks to get a quarterback. I doubt the Chiefs do though, Cassel is not the issue there I feel. As for Buffalo, they would be idiots to let Fitzpatrick go, especially with how well he has played this season.

However, for sure Miami and Seattle will pick a quarterback I feel, and heck if the Rams do not finish great, and get the #1 pick, how do they not take Luck and trade Bradford? I am not sure they would pass on Luck.

Ehhhh, debatable.

SolidGold
10-21-2011, 09:18 AM
I think Foles is a solid QB. I wouldn't bash a team for using a 2nd rounder on him. If UA was winning games I think there would be a lot more attention drawn to him. It's hard to blame any of UA's faults on Foles, I have been impressed every game I watch him play. He has the prototypical size for an NFL QB, he is accurate and has a good arm. Through the first half of the season there has really been no balance to that offense, the running game isn't very good. He has still been able to be a productive QB even though teams know that is what they need to defend against primarily.

This year's QB class is just really interesting right now, we don't know who is staying and who is going yet in terms of underclassmen. That will have an effect on where Foles is ultimately slotted to go in next year's draft.

rawdawg
10-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Is Foles' mobility really that much worse than Brady, Eli and Peyton Manning, and Marino? Granted all of those guys have amazing pocket presence than Foles, but I think it can be taught. And I would argue that Brady was probably worse off at this point in his career than Foles was, as far as pocket presence goes.

People complain about Foles' accuracy too saying he throws a lot of short passes, but to still complete 70% of those is an accomplishment. He played well last night, but honestly has looked pretty good all year. I'm not going as far as to put him as the #2 QB prospect, but I like him better than every QB that went in the first 2 rounds last year, other than Newton.

DraftSavant
10-21-2011, 11:15 AM
I think he's got a good enough NFL skillset. The problm is that the Arizona offense makes it impossible to know if he can read coverages. That system is strictly progression reads, and he rarely gets past the first one. And it's never an NFL throw.

Not his fault really, but it makes for a really tough evaluation. Teams are going to grill him on the whiteboard in pre-draft meetings.

Big Bird
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
No surprise. Foles hangs some yardage up against a terrible UCLA secondary outside of Sheldon Price who slipped on the lone touchdown against him, and everybody starts raving about him.

Shocking nobody wants to talk about the terrible interception he threw, when he had pressure in his face and just threw it up for grabs. Oh, and all three of his touchdowns, he got the snap and just threw the ball. No read, just throw it, to one of the best receivers in the country in Juron Criner.

Foles crumbles under pressure. He has been pretty below average on 3rd Downs (68th in the nation in completion percentage on 3rd downs and a 1-2 TD-INT ratio).

People really need to stop falling in love with him just because he is tall and has goldilocks.

SolidGold
10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
No surprise. Foles hangs some yardage up against a terrible UCLA secondary outside of Sheldon Price who slipped on the lone touchdown against him, and everybody starts raving about him.

Shocking nobody wants to talk about the terrible interception he threw, when he had pressure in his face and just threw it up for grabs. Oh, and all three of his touchdowns, he got the snap and just threw the ball. No read, just throw it, to one of the best receivers in the country in Juron Criner.

Foles crumbles under pressure. He has been pretty below average on 3rd Downs (68th in the nation in completion percentage on 3rd downs and a 1-2 TD-INT ratio).

People really need to stop falling in love with him just because he is tall and has goldilocks.

As a prospect he has been on my radar since last year not last night. I don't think anyone is saying he is a top 5 pick but he has the tools needed to be considered as a draftable prospect. He made some quality throws last night and has all season. He has been consistently productive. That's what I like about him, not his goldilocks.

ElectricEye
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM

I'm completely with you on this one. Foles is your classic tall guy without much talent to back up the height. People have a tendency to overrate these types of guys and try to see things that just aren't there because they have the size for the position. Foles is perhaps the most overrated player in the entire class and isn't anything more than mid-round material at best.

Hurricanes25
10-21-2011, 03:14 PM

I'm completely with you on this one. Foles is your classic tall guy without much talent to back up the height. People have a tendency to overrate these types of guys and try to see things that just aren't there because they have the size for the position. Foles is perhaps the most overrated player in the entire class and isn't anything more than mid-round material at best.

I'm with the both of you. I just don't see it with Nick Foles. And I knew after last night's game that people were going to start calling him underrated and a potential 1st round pick.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Nick Foles sucks.

keylime_5
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I think NFL people might like Foles more than the casual fan (like they did John Beck and Kyle Boller I might add). I don't think he'll be anything more than a backup QB in the NFL if that. Not a mobile pocket passer who seems to me doesn't have a really quick release. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm not hyping Foles for his play against UCLA which wasn't his most impressive game this season. It's his overall play in 2011 that has me intrigued.
It's baffling that people are still writing off prospects completely because they don't like the offense they played in as a collegian or don't complete every pass they throw with a rusher in their sight line.

Newsflash, most pros aren't accurate with a rusher two steps away from crushing them either.

Foles is more consistent this season than last year, and I don't think it's a coincidence that once Stoops was fired, UA had their first blowout win of the season.

tjsunstein
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Seems to me, Nick Foles is actually overrated here.
He's just another 'good' college quarterback to me.

Ozzy
10-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Big Bird No surprise. Foles hangs some yardage up against a terrible UCLA secondary outside of Sheldon Price who slipped on the lone touchdown against him, and everybody starts raving about him.

People really need to stop falling in love with him just because he is tall and has goldilocks.So you dislike Foles, and also Ryan Tannehill, so who exactly outside of Andrew Luck do you like at quarterback? Much less outside of Luck/Barkley/Landry Jones/Robert Griffin who do you like?

Everyone has different opinions, but speaking of over hyped, your guy Joseph Fauria. Not wildly impressive in my book. Being tall at 6-8 is his best ability it seems, sure has good hands, smooth athlete but has a lot to work to do and does not seem that explosive at all, or that powerful in blocking or running after the catch. Compared to the likes of say Dwayne Allen, give me Allen any day of the week.

Back to the point though, outside of the bigger name quarterback prospects, who do you like if Foles "crumbles" under pressure. Put Nick Foles on Oklahoma with there players, I think he could arguably be better than Landry Jones. Sure Foles has good receivers, but not that good, so are you saying Foles is a product of those receivers, or those receivers are a product of Foles ability to throw and get them the ball. Might be a little of both, but seriously I would not put Arizona's receiver core that high, give me LSU, A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, USC, WV and Georgia's over Arizona's group....

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2011, 05:18 PM
If I had a crystal ball......@!

He just looks like a future pro to me. The difference between a first round QB and a player taken in the 3rd sometimes is just gut feel about a player.

I think we scouts evaluate his tools, Foles is going to grade out as having ideal arm strength and if his production holds up for the Wildcats, I think he's going to put up numbers very comparable with Barkley and Luck.

Foles can be a streaky player but when he's locked in the way he was in the first half against Stanford,(17 completed passes in a row), he looks like a very good prospect.
I really had a man crush for Ryan Mallett last year, but his draft position had nothing to do with his talent.

Iowa's Ricky Stanzi was taken in the 5th and I thought he was at least a 2nd/3rd rounder.

I'm always curious to hear about what other people think about QB pro prospects, even though for most 'good' college QBs with NFL tools, there is no obvious 'tell' all the time if they'll be any good in the NFL.

kalbears13
10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Foles won't be able to complete a pass beyond 10 yards in the NFL. His arm strength and accuracy on his deep ball aren't there. He's just not an impressive quarterback.

RaiderNation
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I still just don't see the eye popping throws and play for him to be considered a 1st round pick. He is a very draftable QB prospect, but he isn't good enough to be picked in the 1st. Luck and Barkley IMO have shown the talent level of a 1st round QB, likely ending up as top 5 picks for both. Jones and RG3 arent on the same level, but in the mid/late 1st they should get consideration for QB needy teams.

Files on the other hand seems like a 2-4 round QB, he has the tools to potentially start in the NFL, but still hasn't put everything together on the field. He doesn't have a good arm, and there are rare exceptions of QBs that can get away with not having one and still be efficient. A team will draft him to develop behind a already established starter, maybe the Redskins or Colts take him in the 3rd to see if he can end up being a starter down the line.

princefielder28
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Foles can stretch the field with his arm but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has a strong arm. The trajectory on his throws is far too lofted to have sustained suceess in the NFL because you need to be able to work the sidelines and that means putting the throws need to be on more of a line and his skill set doesn't allow for that.

FUNBUNCHER
10-21-2011, 06:45 PM
None of the top prospects IMO has a gun for an arm. Foles' arm strength from what I've seen is on par with all the top 2012 prospects.

There's no Mallett/Gabbert/Locker/Newton in this draft in terms of arm strength.

DraftSavant
10-21-2011, 08:48 PM
So you dislike Foles, and also Ryan Tannehill, so who exactly outside of Andrew Luck do you like at quarterback? Much less outside of Luck/Barkley/Landry Jones/Robert Griffin who do you like?

Everyone has different opinions, but speaking of over hyped, your guy Joseph Fauria. Not wildly impressive in my book. Being tall at 6-8 is his best ability it seems, sure has good hands, smooth athlete but has a lot to work to do and does not seem that explosive at all, or that powerful in blocking or running after the catch. Compared to the likes of say Dwayne Allen, give me Allen any day of the week.

Back to the point though, outside of the bigger name quarterback prospects, who do you like if Foles "crumbles" under pressure. Put Nick Foles on Oklahoma with there players, I think he could arguably be better than Landry Jones. Sure Foles has good receivers, but not that good, so are you saying Foles is a product of those receivers, or those receivers are a product of Foles ability to throw and get them the ball. Might be a little of both, but seriously I would not put Arizona's receiver core that high, give me LSU, A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, USC, WV and Georgia's over Arizona's group....

As of right now, Fauria won't be anything more than a situational tight end who will run nothing but seam passes and will have to be flexed off the LOS to get a clean release. He is the most unphysical football player at the LOS that I've ever seen in my life.

Harkey's in the opposite boat. He's essentially a tackle playing tight end. Very good pass blocker, crushing downblocker (which shortens the edge for pulling guards on power/counter plays that UCLA loves to run). If he loses some weight to get a little quicker, he's got potential as a situational blocking tight end in the NFL. If he was a little taller, I'd say he should just convert to tackle.

Sorry 4 tangent.

Big Bird
10-22-2011, 12:21 PM
So you dislike Foles, and also Ryan Tannehill, so who exactly outside of Andrew Luck do you like at quarterback? Much less outside of Luck/Barkley/Landry Jones/Robert Griffin who do you like?

You're going to bring Tight Ends into a convo about Quarterbacks? Just, wow.

And where did I say Foles is stacked at receiver? I said he had Criner, who is one of the best in the country. I never said anything about the entire corp being good, seeing as never once said he was a product of the receivers. He is the product of a spread offense where he doesn't have to make reads.

Outside of Luck, I like Barkley a good amount, and I think Landry Jones belongs in the late 1st-early 2nd convo. Tannehill is a huge project and Foles is just average across the board. Let's also not forget Foles left Michigan State because he was "homesick," even though Tuscon is still about 14 hour drive. If he was really homesick, there are plenty of places to go in Texas to cure that, not somewhere that is still over half a day of travel away...

FUNBUNCHER
10-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Let's also not forget Foles left Michigan State because he was "homesick," even though Tuscon is still about 14 hour drive. If he was really homesick, there are plenty of places to go in Texas to cure that, not somewhere that is still over half a day of travel away...

I don't get your point about this statement.

First of all I don't know what you intended to suggest, and how does this apply to Foles' draft evaluation??

Ozzy
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Big Bird You're going to bring Tight Ends into a convo about Quarterbacks? Just, wow.

And where did I say Foles is stacked at receiver? I said he had Criner, who is one of the best in the country. I never said anything about the entire corp being good, seeing as never once said he was a product of the receivers. He is the product of a spread offense where he doesn't have to make reads.

Outside of Luck, I like Barkley a good amount, and I think Landry Jones belongs in the late 1st-early 2nd convo. Tannehill is a huge project and Foles is just average across the board. Let's also not forget Foles left Michigan State because he was "homesick," even though Tuscon is still about 14 hour drive. If he was really homesick, there are plenty of places to go in Texas to cure that, not somewhere that is still over half a day of travel away...Hey I had to throw that tight end in there, because yeah I was not impressed, I was expected more after you hyped him up.

Regardless, like I said, outside of Luck, Barkley, Jones etc....who do you like?

I was thinking of hearing ones opinions on prospects I have listed below. Because this is how I have them ranked at the moment for the up coming draft. There are a lot of guys who one could argue are solid but hard to argue they are better than Foles and or the other prospects ahead of him. Thus Foles is not absolutely elite, but he is right behind them. And is better than solid prospects in Kirk Cousins, Nassib, Russell Wilson, Collaros and Persa. Plus say Griffin, Jones or Barkley two of the three do not come out, then you are talking Foles being arguably the 3rd best in the draft.

How is he not? Thus if you do not like Foles and Tannehill, then who do you like behind the clear top runners at quarterback? Also odd you say Tannehill is a "huge" prospect, (which I agree with) when just a few weeks back you were ripping the guy saying about the same things you are saying about Foles now, that he is over hyped etc...
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48775&highlight=tannehill

Andrew Luck Stanford RS JR
Matt Barkley USC JR
Landry Jones Oklahoma JR*
Robert Griffin Baylor RS JR
Nick Foles Arizona
Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M
Russell Wilson Wisconsin RS
Kellen Moore Boise State RS
Kirk Cousins Michigan State
Ryan Nassib Syracuse
Zach Collaros Cincinnati
Dan Persa Northwestern RS
Dayne Crist Notre Dame
Ryan Katz Oregon State
Bryant Moniz Hawaii
Matt Simms Tennessee
Jacory Harris Miami FL
Jordan Jefferson LSU

SchizophrenicBatman
10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
foles transferred out of michigan state because of cousins

dont be fooled by his numbers. he's a late rounder

FUNBUNCHER
10-22-2011, 02:01 PM

Foles will be drafted before Cousins.

Big Bird
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey I had to throw that tight end in there, because yeah I was not impressed, I was expected more after you hyped him up.

Regardless, like I said, outside of Luck, Barkley, Jones etc....who do you like?

I was thinking of hearing ones opinions on prospects I have listed below. Because this is how I have them ranked at the moment for the up coming draft. There are a lot of guys who one could argue are solid but hard to argue they are better than Foles and or the other prospects ahead of him. Thus Foles is not absolutely elite, but he is right behind them. And is better than solid prospects in Kirk Cousins, Nassib, Russell Wilson, Collaros and Persa. Plus say Griffin, Jones or Barkley two of the three do not come out, then you are talking Foles being arguably the 3rd best in the draft.

How is he not? Thus if you do not like Foles and Tannehill, then who do you like behind the clear top runners at quarterback? Also odd you say Tannehill is a "huge" prospect, (which I agree with) when just a few weeks back you were ripping the guy saying about the same things you are saying about Foles now, that he is over hyped etc...
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48775&highlight=tannehill

Andrew Luck Stanford RS JR
Matt Barkley USC JR
Landry Jones Oklahoma JR*
Robert Griffin Baylor RS JR
Nick Foles Arizona
Ryan Tannehill Texas A&M
Russell Wilson Wisconsin RS
Kellen Moore Boise State RS
Kirk Cousins Michigan State
Ryan Nassib Syracuse
Zach Collaros Cincinnati
Dan Persa Northwestern RS
Dayne Crist Notre Dame
Ryan Katz Oregon State
Bryant Moniz Hawaii
Matt Simms Tennessee
Jacory Harris Miami FL
Jordan Jefferson LSU
You're reading comprehension is seriously terrible.

I ripped Tannehill, then called him a huge project, not prospect.

You should seriously learn to read before going off on your little tangents.

Ozzy
10-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Big Bird You're reading comprehension is seriously terrible.

I ripped Tannehill, then called him a huge project, not prospect.

You should seriously learn to read before going off on your little tangents.Dude, your comprehension is about as good as mine, "Back to the point though, outside of the bigger name quarterback prospects, who do you like if Foles "crumbles" under pressure."

....Did not reply to that, and only commented on how you liked those bigger name quarterbacks. Again who is better in that second tear as quarterback prospects, better than Foles or even Tannehill for that matter.

And another correction, it is called dyslexia. Sure made college suck, and randomly reverse numbers is always annoying...still could be worse things in the world. Thanks for reminding me though

Big Bird
10-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Dude, your comprehension is about as good as mine, "Back to the point though, outside of the bigger name quarterback prospects, who do you like if Foles "crumbles" under pressure."

....Did not reply to that, and only commented on how you liked those bigger name quarterbacks. Again who is better in that second tear as quarterback prospects, better than Foles or even Tannehill for that matter.

And another correction, it is called dyslexia. Sure made college suck, and randomly reverse numbers is always annoying...still could be worse things in the world. Thanks for reminding me though
I ignored that part; it had nothing to do with reading comprehension.

Where did I say there are second tier quarterbacks better than Foles or Tennehill? Actually, Foles and Tannehill are my top two Senior Quarterbacks, in that order. But, the Senior Quarterback class is bad.

I though highly of Lindley coming into the season (solid 2nd with late 1st potential), but he has disappointed.

I thought Brantley could emerge as a Top 100 prospect. Not so.

Brandon Weeden is 28 years old. He would have to put up a 50-1 TD-INT ratio for me to consider him in the top 100 picks.

As I expressed in the thread I started (which I wasn't able to continue due to the fact that I'm a full-time student working two jobs, luckily one of them as on Saturday's though and working within college football), I don't like Cousins much at all. Very average physical tools.

I think guys like Jarrett Lee, Ryan Nassib, and Matt Scott (Foles back-up) could make solid back-ups, but the Senior class is very underwhelming, and the only guy I would touch Top 100 is Tannehill (2nd-3rd) and that's only if I had a lot of confidence in my QB Coach.

I really like the Junior class. Love, love, love Andrew Luck. I was calling him a #1 overall pick, bar none, going into last year. I saw so much in the kid, and love what he developed into over the past year and a half. I know a lot of people would get mad and be like, "I was on this kid before anybody!" But, I'm not like that. I'm just very happy for Andrew and that everybody is supporting him and giving him the hype that he deserves. Watching him develop and become such an elite, elite prospect has been special and something I've never experience in my years of analyzing and evaluating talent.

Tyler Wilson has a lot of potential but is still developing. I see a lot in him though, and I like him more than Landry Jones.

So, I hope that satisfied your request for me hyping a second-tier guy. Not sure why people need to go on a limb to be considered a serious or good evaluator. Sometimes, the majority is right, and right now, there is no true "second tier" guy worth hyping (I think most see Wilson as a 2nd Rounder).

Big Bird
10-22-2011, 11:15 PM
And sorry for the angry face tagged with that last post. I have no idea how that happened (must have accidentally hit it), and I can't edit it now.

Ozzy
10-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Big Bird, now that is more like it, thanks for your thoughts.

Iamcanadian
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't question his arm strength, I question his decision making, mechanics, footwork, and mobility. Not to mention consistency.

I agree, there are huge question marks on him which he will have to answer in the post season.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Foles will be drafted before Cousins.

never said I thought cousins was good either

ace8842
12-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Apparently, Foles was very, very underrated.

descendency
12-25-2013, 09:05 AM

Flacco transferred out of Pittsburgh because of Tyler Palko...