PDA

View Full Version : UNC vs Clemson 10/22...Good matchup for draftniks

bruschis4all
10-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't usually start threads. But, DVR this game and take a peek back at it prior to the draft. Noon tomorrow on ESPN and ESPN3.

You have an explosive , talented spread offense in Clemson. D. Allen and Ellington(Assuming he leaves) in this year's draft class. A couple of great wr's in S. Watkins(FR) and D. Hopkins(So) and B. McNeal(So) Going against a UNC team that has quite a few NFL caliber athletes. Coples, Z. Brown, Paige-Moss, K. Reddick and C. Brown. Going to be very interesting to see what the UNC defense does. Other side of the ball ok too. Dwight Jones UNC - WR and Clemson DL Thompson and Branch

keylime_5
10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
one guys to watch that a lot of people aren't really talking about is Andre Branch, DE for Clemson. Doesn't he have like 8 sacks already? Thompson seems to be getting a lot more hype than him.

ElectricEye
10-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Andre Branch suffers from the backlash of being hyped up without production. The production is starting to follow the hype now, so we'll have to see where that takes the evaluation process. 4 of his sacks came in one game, so that bears watching a bit....but I've been pretty impressed with him all year to be honest.

keylime_5
10-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Branch had 4 sacks against Va Tech and then has had a sack each week since that game, so he's been consistent. Even in games where he hasn't been getting sacks he's been getting pressure. He's having a great year. I wonder when people will finally start talking about him as a big prospect again. It's not like Clemson isn't in the national spotlight being undefeated, I think just having Boyd and Watkins and Thompson on the same team takes the attention away from him.

Unbiased
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Branch looks like he has ridiculous closing speed.

ElectricEye
10-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Here's a highlight tape of that game for a little reference;

WJTqBM8ugNY

It actually starts off fairly rough, missing some open field tackles and being pushed out of the play, but he really starts to feel it in the second half. Doesn't appear to be a whole ton of variety in terms of pass rush moves, but when he gets around a guy he can get there in a hurry and do some damage.